WebPay Ratings

Overall

About WebPay

Web-based payroll and HCM solution assist in reducing administrative tasks and maintains accurate time and attendance data for individual employees all in one place. In addition, new hires are automatically added to the system, streamlining the processes even further. The platform can be accessed 24*7 from any given location using the mobile application. Learn more about WebPay

Cherina A.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
2.5/5
December 12, 2014

“Paylocity - Web Pay”

ProsPaylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.
ConsOne thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.
Recommendations to other buyersThink about what you'll be using the system for (i.e. HRIS Management, payroll, report writing, recruiting tool, etc.). If you choose this product then please provide as much training to the employees. Help the employees embrace the product so they'll be on board will helping themselves to the info needed (in regards to their profile). This will alleviate the administrator from responding to numerous questions.
December 12, 2014
Chandler I.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
August 17, 2018

“Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve”

OverallI enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.
ProsI like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.
ConsTheir portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.
August 17, 2018
Adam D.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2017

“Does what I need it to but there are better options available.”

OverallIt processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.
ProsThe customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.
ConsThe software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.
August 15, 2017
Cil A.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 employees
October 11, 2016

“Paylocity Review”

OverallI used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.
ProsThe "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.
ConsOur company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely take a look at Paylocity for your HRIS, payroll and/or benefits needs. If fully based in the US, their product can fully automate the life cycle of an employee from on-boarding, training, performance management to off-boarding. Having the self-service portal puts the employees in the driver's seat when if comes to managing/requesting time off, requesting pay stubs and making changes to personal data (i.e., home address, benefits, tax deductions, etc.).
October 11, 2016
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2018

“Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy”

OverallI would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.
ProsThe support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.
ConsSince our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.
August 1, 2018
David F.
Managing Partner
Philanthropy, 1-10 employees
March 31, 2018

“Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client”

OverallPaylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.
ProsPaylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.
ConsI can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.
March 31, 2018
Britnie T.
Human Resources Assistant

“Great HRIS System”

OverallThe system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.
ProsThis system has many of the key features we were looking for: -payroll system -easy to manage HRIS -good implementation -good response time from our contacts -many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future
ConsSome of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.
Marie E.
Human Resources
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2018

“Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features”

ProsThere is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!
ConsNot sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!
August 7, 2018
Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Insurance, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.”

OverallPaylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.
ProsPaylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.
ConsI love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.
December 14, 2018
Jennifer O.
Vice President, HR Manager
Banking, 51-200 employees
August 17, 2017

“Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support”

ProsThird party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports
ConsCustomer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.
August 17, 2017
Megan V.
April 11, 2018

“It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella. ”

ProsHaving everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.
ConsThere are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.
April 11, 2018
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
November 24, 2018

“A great software for payroll and HR! ”

ProsI love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!
ConsThis software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.
November 24, 2018
LeighAnn S.
Construction, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2019

“You can do SOOO much better”

OverallNone. I spent SOO much time trying to fix issues on a regular basis. Complete waste of time.
ProsGPS tracking for mobile punchers. Nothing more
ConsOh gosh...how much time do you have??? There are so many issues. I guess I'll try to hit the highlights. The City mandated paid sick time- it took them SIX MONTHS to get this programmed CORRECTLY. My ACA forms were completed incorrectly. I received notices from the IRS for two of my four companies that the forms needed to be redone and resubmitted. Paylocity never responded to my WEEKLY requests for updates on the status of the corrections. I ended up manually correcting and resubmitting myself. We made updates to our 401k plan. It took a month for them to get the matches calculated correctly and we didn't know until Q3 that when they did the set-up, they click a box to over-ride IRS regs (WHY is there even such a thing???) so I had employees that over contributed and over matched. When raising the issue with PL, the Rep said to just refund the excess (clearly he had no idea about 401k rules). On another occassion, last check of the year, my payroll person had to re-process a check for someone with 401k. When re-running the check she noticed the 401k contribution was missing (she didn't realize he hit the yearly max) so she contacted Paylocity. The Rep told her to CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE'S DOB!!!! so the system would allow a catch-up contribution and then change it back after she processed the check. HE WAS NOT ALLOWED A CATCH-UP. Needless to say, the employee received a distribution the next year for the excess contribution. HORRIBLE response to issues.
September 5, 2019
Stephanie G.
Head of Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
June 22, 2019

“AVOID. ”

OverallI have not had much success with my account manager. I have not had a great experience with the setting up of the product, and ultimately left Paylocity.
ProsPaylocity looks great, and offers a lot of functionality. It's fairly easy to jump in and start using on some levels; but you can build it to be as sophisticated as you need. This is probably good software for large companies that want to build a lot of compliance and have remote workers. It worked well for us for our remote staff. Some of their payroll specialists are great; and it's never a super long wait for phone or chat support.
ConsThey have some kind of staffing issues, or managerial issues because their support experience is very spotty and unreliable. I've had to pay for services I didn't end up needing to have. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with their tax team. Your account manager MEANS NOTHING. They won't check in on your account, they won't be actively watching over anything. The set up barrier of entry here is high; you will have to spend a lot of time setting your stuff up, and it can be convoluted. I had THREE separate login ID's, they claim this was cause of our different classes of workers... which made little sense. I
June 22, 2019
Pamela B.
content screener
Media Production, 201-500 employees
September 20, 2018

“Paylocity is an agravating time clock and needs serious help and upgrading to actually be user friendly.”

OverallThis tedious piece of tech has caused me a ridiculous amount of frustration just trying to accomplish a SIMPLE task that should barely be given thought during the working day. The whole point, I thought, was to make the experience seamless and help productivity. I am highly annoyed that my company chose Paylocity over the system we had previously, which I never gave a second thought, and mind you, can't recall the name of because it WAS THAT EFFICIENT. I am not the only person at my company who had had to make due with this sub par program. It needs serious work to make it actually function, and is not worth whatever my company paid for it.
ProsI am not a fan of Paylocity at all, to be frank. I am an employee who has to use this unfortunate piece of software, and on my end...it's a hair pulling fest more often than not.
Cons1. The fact that I have to SIGN in and then PUNCH in. If I had to do it only ONCE a day, it would be less of a bear. But I have to clock in and out four times. There is no idle clock timer or somesuch that can even be reset, so I have to slog through this redundant system four times every day. I love how going to "sign in" for my lunch break, that it has to sign me out first. ?? That's maddening. 2. How Paylocity loves to forget that I'm only on ONE device every week or two. There's nothing like trying to clock in and spending two minutes having to answer a security question while it spins its wheels. This is NOT efficient, and agravating. Other employees at my company have endured the same slovenly programmed issue. 3. It's finicky as all get out when trying to put in for time off. You can't fill in certain fields, or it will hiccup. You also can't put in for several days in a row because of the same, so of course, there's the tedious process of entering EVERY day you need separately. And, a simple mouse click and Paylocity's whim can even deny you a day off, which you then have to question your manager about, who admits it was the software. AGAIN. 4. Loading time. Again, I love going to clock in on time or early and have Paylocity play games such as taking it's sweet time to load the screen, or populate the field with my password so I can properly log in on top of everything else I have mentioned. Because I have a ludicrous amount of passwords I need to type in for my job already, the last thing I need is to have to remember ONE MORE.
Alison C.
Exec. Director
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
July 4, 2018

“Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over”

OverallTheir sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.
ProsThere are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.
ConsWe were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues. For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things: 1. It does not add the differential at all 2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours 3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to 4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential 5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours 6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that
July 4, 2018
David H.
Senior Accountant
June 7, 2017

“Paylocity is a very powerful and very customizable payroll solution”

ProsPaylocity has enabled our organization to export very complex and detailed GL import files for the payroll journal entries. No other payroll software we looked at (Paychex, ADP, Quickbooks) offered functionality that even came close. Furthermore, they post the charges and refunds to our bank in bulk charges (by payroll) which makes the reconciles much easier and the tying out of the transactions to the payroll Journal Entry quick and easy. In my experience with ADP for example, there were hundreds of transactions that would hit the bank and I would end up calling customer support almost every payroll to determine what the charges were actually for.
ConsCreating custom reports can be, at times, more confusing than I would like. That said, I have successfully created many custom reports and a lot of the difficulty is due to the number of earning, tax, and deduction codes that we have (164+ different types of earning, taxes, and other deductions).
June 7, 2017
Jason A.
Director, HR
Education Management, 201-500 employees
August 15, 2018

“The software works and customer service is excellent. ”

OverallOur experience has been great. We moved from the big three letter company and have been very happy. The customer service experience is night and day compared to our old payroll company.
ProsI use WebPay for all of our payroll needs. We are able to separate locations, job codes and have different pay rates for different codes for the same employee. Imports from WebTIme all of our hourly staff members with minimal oversight. Reports are useful and robust.
ConsI wish they had an education version that would show what an employee earns based on a school schedule rather than on a typical annual schedule for traditional businesses.
August 15, 2018
Accounting, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2018

“Pays my employees!”

ProsWell, I like that after reviewing payroll - I can search for any mistakes or errors. Any changes that need to be made can be done in the batch with ease. I especially like the audit function that gives you an extra alert in case there are too many hours recorded for an employee, negative amount of time taken etc.
ConsThe only issue is - once the batch is made and there needs to be changes made to the timecard - you would need to go back to webtime, change the time card and then go back to webpay to make the batch change. Once the batch is made, any changes in webtime do not get carried over. Which is understandable, but - still gives you an extra step to make. One other thing, although I appreciate the efficiency and timeliness of our payroll getting pushed though - I wish companies are given a 30 minute delay before payroll is pushed through in case there are any mistakes, you would have time to call them before it's processed.
August 9, 2018
Saily E.
Director of Accounting
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
May 20, 2017

“Our school uses Paylocity to manage our payroll and we are very pleased with this software”

Overall1. Secure processing of payroll 2. Excellent reporting capabilities 3. Assistance with quarterly payroll taxes reporting and filing 4. Optimal internal controls for payroll processing duties
ProsPaylocity is easy to use and allows our school to effectively manage a payroll of 200+ employees on a by-monthly basis. You can rely on pre-designed reports or you can create your own report depending on your needs. Our customer service representative is very responsive and knowledgeable about Paylocity's features. Our employees can create personal accounts to track their paystubs, W2 forms and payroll information. Our school also uses Paylocity services to complete Federal and State taxes quarterly reporting which is very helpful because we can rest assured that reports are being filed on a timely and accurate manner. Their processing fees are very competitive when compared to other providers. Overall, we are very pleased with Paylocity.
May 20, 2017
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
December 13, 2018

“Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses”

OverallIf you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you. In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!
ProsPayroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic. Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees. Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless. Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day). Pricing is competitive!
ConsThe software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought. Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors. We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.
December 13, 2018
Louis H.
Fiscal manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Resonably priced with good features.”

ProsPrice is highly competitive and the software functions well. Help screens are useful and easy to get too. Payroll submission is quick and consistently accurate. support is knowledgeable but see below. Overall a good experience for small to medium companies concerned about the bottom line.
ConsThought you get a dedicated customer service person you are highly unlikely to ever get directly to them. You will be offered the option of leaving a message for a call back or be transferred to other support staff. So in reality you talk to a different person each time. this is offset somewhat by the generally good support. some screens are not highly intuitive but easily learn able. One small irritant for me is that if you want the paper copies of your checks to come iin sealed rather than unsealed envelopes it is ten cents a check. Talk about nickel and dimeing..
Robbin Y.
Accountant
Machinery, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2018

“So Easy”

OverallBefore WebPay every employee had to be handed a paper check stub, now everyone receives one electronically and can print them or not. Our employees can print past stubs if needed and the H/R department doesn't have to be involved.
ProsThis software is so easy to use, employees can see their time cards, their pay stubs, even edit their own tax forms. They can request vacation days right from the time clock and not have to fill out paper forms. Everyone in our company loves WebPay.
ConsSo far I have not found anything that I do not like about WebPay.
September 27, 2018
Donna M.
VP Accounting
July 19, 2017

“Basic application works well. However buyer beware - if you have more than one pay frequency ”

ProsPayroll changes are easy. Integration with our 401k provider and Employee Navigator for benefits enrollments/updates works well. Support usually answers quickly.
ConsWe have exempt employees on semi-monthly pay group and non-exempt employees on bi-weekly pay group. The PTO tracking system does NOT WORK with this configuration. Their only "solution" is to run a report each time you process payroll to see which employees have a PTO anniversary that falls within that period and enter a penny check if they aren't part of that particular pay run so that their PTO will reset. It is absurd to base PTO rollovers on whether or not an employee got paid in the payrun that includes their anniversary. And an employee shouldn't have to wait for payrun to see their new balance - ie if your anniversary is on 6/3 but payroll runs 6/15, you can't see your correct balance until 6/15. Further, it took more than 6 months of complaining that PTO accruals weren't working properly for them to finally admit the issue. Got many many different answers depending on who I talked with. However, they say this is a perfectly logical way of handling and have no plans to revise the process. Software should never require such a manual operation. Funny it will clear the old balance, but it won't update with the new bank of PTO hours. This has been a nightmare, and we are looking for alternative solution. A shame since we like most of the other features. I will say that the reports system is not very good either. You can convert some reports to Excel, but they do not format in a way that makes sense. Looks like a .pdf got dumped into a spreadsheet.
July 19, 2017
Sharon S.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
August 21, 2018

“Solid Payroll & HRIS Platform”

ProsRelatively easy set-up and it has a module for most things you would want to add on - time & attendance, benefits w/carrier feeds, performance management, etc...
ConsIt can take a few days to drill down with the customer service to get the answers/help that you need. My experience has been that the first response is not necessarily accurate and after you get them to ask around or check with a supervisor you get a better response with options for what you're trying to solve for.
August 21, 2018
Ashley R.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 employees
March 21, 2018

“Weird issues, but no worse than other payroll companies out there...”

OverallIt provides the benefit that any HRI System would provide. They all have odd quirks and I firmly believe that no one system is perfect for any company. It does its job, but it could be better.
ProsThe layout is aesthetically pleasing. There are some great features integrated into employee profiles, such as the ability to upload tax forms, handbook acknowledgements, etc. We do not currently use the onboarding feature, but that is a great option as well. It's a one stop shop for employee info, benefit balances (PTO, etc.), deduction codes, etc. The program is customizable, but only to a point -- this is where the "weird issues" come into play.
ConsThis program, while often useful and easy, can frustrate me worse than any other software I've ever used. There are small, seemingly insignificant quirks that can create nightmares and headaches from time to time. For instance, only ONE user can be signed up to receive certain system notifications. This means that my boss, our VP of Finance, receives all notifications and then forwards those to me. If he is ever out of the office or misses one... I just won't be in the loop. There is also no way to integrate Web Time and Web Pay smoothly, so if you have employees who require time tracking you will always have to go back and forth between portals to get your daily tasks completed. Web Pay does not show PTO history for hourly employees, and supervisors cannot view ALL of their employees on one screen when viewing a PTO calendar or request list.
March 21, 2018
Molly M.
HR Leader
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Paylocity”

OverallAs I mentioned in the pros is that there are several ways to use the system. It would be great if they provided their clients with best practices of how to use the different functionalities to ensure their customers are getting the most value out of the system. The price point is good compared to many other systems. They just have some things to work on.
ProsIt is an open ended system which is great as it can integrate with several other systems. It has a lot of functionality which you can cater to your individual needs for the most part.
ConsCustomer service is okay. The response time is good the problem is the reps that you talk to seem to only be an expert in one area and their knowledge does not cross functions.
Steven G.
Retail, Unspecified
September 15, 2016

“Payroll Processing & HR Solution”

ProsEase of use for remote managers/departments Reporting: Stock report library is fairly comprehensive and custom report writer works well to fill any specific needs No additional charges for updates such as the ACA tracking and reporting system.
ConsNo integrated 401k/retirement module. This requires manual data entry unlike the ADP/MyKplan where everything is linked and managed almost entirely through the core P/R module as far as weekly/biweekly contributions. The onboarding process was bumpy at best. The files needed from ADP (our former P/R processor) to proceed with the conversion were not spelled out as clearly as they should have been. Once we got up and running the experience improved.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your homework and make sure you have everything required in terms of data to make the conversion. make sure that you reveiew the reporting for various compliance requirements to be certain that you can easily get what you need without additional costs.
September 15, 2016
Henry L.
Fulfillment Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“We switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity.”

ProsIn our HVAC & Plumbing company, as we continued to expand and grow, we switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity. The main Pro truthfully is that the cost was cheaper to manage our company. Another bonus is that the way that a paycheck is broken down and displayed is quite aesthetic--it's big, bold, colorful, and easy to read.
ConsWith the switch from Tag Payroll Services to Paylocity, the one function I do miss is the employee birthday calendar. It might sound silly, but I think it built a lot of comradery to be able to see whose birthday it was that week in the building. Minor grievance, but nothing we can't live without. Also sometimes the log in feature seems buggy--the password is inputted correctly, but the login doesn't take it.
December 5, 2018
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
October 9, 2018

“Accurate information for accounting”

OverallVery beneficial as it is easy to use so easy to teach.
ProsThe employee end is easy to use so if there is a missed clock in or an issue with one of the rows we can easily have it corrected quickly. The fact that the employees can also do this through the app after hours helps us on the back end as well.
ConsThe cost center drop downs could be a little more easier to assess as well as the notes but overall I do enjoy this program and it does make things easier.
October 9, 2018
Kent R.
Director, Business Development and HR
Supermarkets, 51-200 employees
November 28, 2018

“Robust”

OverallOverall, Paylocity's Web Pay has been a great payroll partner. We're able to achieve of the payroll functions we need and then some. Reporting tools are also very useful to better manage our business.
ProsVery intuitive user experience. Able to process payroll qucikly and easily.
ConsHoliday setup. When you have part-time and full-time employees as well as different holiday pay types, it can get a bit tricky to unsure each employee is being correctly compensated.
November 28, 2018
Janice B.
Payroll & HR Administrator
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
November 13, 2018

“If you are looking for a HMIS, Paylocity is it!!! Look no further!!”

ProsVery, very user friendly. All information for employees are all together and information can be accessed from different views. This system is absolutely amazing.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about Paylocity. The one thing I wish they had was a function where I could copy timecards from one person to the next but because everything else is amazing, that's just a small price to pay for perfection.
November 13, 2018
Deborah B.
Business Operations Manager
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great Product”

ProsDaily use of the database is intuitive, and they provide training resources to help users learn the system.
ConsFirst line customer service reps are typically great at answering simple questions, but can't help with complex problems. The company does have a knowledge base employed but the experts are not your first line of contact. It may take several emails with the first line person to get to someone who can really help you.
September 12, 2018
February 22, 2018

“B+ payroll software”

ProsThere are some very powerful reporting features to help show turnover and labor expenses at a moments notice. There are also hundreds of other reports that help with government reporting.
ConsCustomer support is up and down - we have gone through a few account managers in the two years we've used it. Our current is not the most customer service friendly individual you would expect to see if front of customers a
February 22, 2018
Maria C.
Payroll / HR
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2017

“Paylocity Can Do it”

OverallHonestly there isn't anything they can't do or adjust. One big suggestion is send your teams to the training conference for the best way to learn and manage the system. Become the expert in Paylocity and it goes a long way. Best Payroll system I ever worked with.
ProsQuick to adapt and conform to new federal and state policies, such as the ACA and all it's reporting
ConsTraining Conference is once a year in Chicago, it would be nice to have Texas training event.......
December 5, 2017
Kimberly T.
CRC, CCMA
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
December 4, 2018

“a bit confusing- but overall usefull”

Overallit's a very useful tool for tracking- however some employees are easily confused by it, so there is much in the way of training and customer service that has to be done.
ProsIt seems pretty easy to do things like request off with a click of a mouse, and most navigations make sense.
ConsSome of the pages can be confusing, and to execute actions you have to click in weird places that don't make complete sense.
Katie S.
HR Assistant
201-500 employees
August 29, 2017

“Good Product/Bad Customer Service ”

OverallGood company easy to use website
ProsGreat product, easy to use and move through Always have training on all of the new parts that are added to it weekly to keep up with competitors.
ConsThe only con I have seen is the customer service. We had issues with the team that we were given and had to complain for about a year before we were switched to a new group but now it is much better with the new group//
August 29, 2017
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
February 1, 2019

“Great Webpay!”

ProsI love using Paylocity Web Pay because it is a very organized software where it allows me to access my personal information and make changes to my personal information. As a user, I am able to access all my information and it is simple to use.
ConsThe least I like about this software is that when I sign into this software, it has my personal information opened up like my address and everything. I wish they have a new tab that doesn't show my information when I login to paylocity for webpay.
February 1, 2019
Catharine N.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Best decision”

Prosuser friendly, awesome customer service and true to their word. We do not have the web time feature but love how everything else operates
Consweb benefits seems like a different sector. there's a different account manager for inquiries and was not the best at explaining things. They also werent the best at responding right away like the web pay side.
November 20, 2018
Sonya K.
Shipping Coordinator
Chemicals, 51-200 employees
October 16, 2018

“Paylocity WebPay Review”

ProsThe best feature of Paylocity's WebPay is being able to see your own or your employees' pay histories. This makes it easy to address issue if/when they arise.
ConsThe feature I like least about Paylocity's WebPay is the delay that exists when dealing with vacation and PTO. Remaining days available are not shown real-time, only after the pay period is over.
October 16, 2018
Michael M.
operations manager
11-50 employees
July 3, 2018

“Great program that is part of a lerger suite”

OverallEasy to use full suite of software that handles all your payroll needs flawlessly.
ProsYou can do everything payroll wise with this software. get you employees paid fast, make all your adjustments in real time. From the employee's standpoint the app is amazing on phones and even more detailed on PC, It will allow you staff to see just about any information that they might be curious about.
ConsAt this point I haven't really come across any real negative this to date. This suite of programs has been very well made.
July 3, 2018
Courtney N.
Success Team Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2019

“Checks are easy to view, but time off is confusing”

OverallI like the display, just some of the functionality is confusing.
ProsI like that for every check you receive, you can see charts to break down earnings and deductions. It's easy to tell where your money is going.
ConsThe calculations for paid time off are confusing, since the amount showing on your check does not reflect time not yet accrued.
September 25, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
May 1, 2019

“Simple & Effective Web Pay System”

OverallPaylocity's WebPay makes it easy to keep track of my pay, stubs, and find any related information I need to. The dashboard is very user friendly and shows all the pay information I could need. It's also very easy to view, download and/or print any of my pay stubs. As a user of this system, I think it is much better than others I have used at other companies.
Proseasy to use, understandable layout, easy to get pay stubs
Conswith the new dashboard changes it was a bit harder to find what I need at first, but there are ample tutorials and it's easy to re-orient yourself
May 1, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
December 11, 2018

“Super easy to navigate.”

OverallWebPay is so easy to navigate and easy to make any changes at a click of the mouse. Super easy to find anything you need and print statements out. Very happy with it.
ProsI can see everything that has to do with my earnings. I can print stuff out and see exactly what deductions are being deducted.
ConsEverything was great. I did not have any issues in 4 years of using it.
December 11, 2018
Kellie G.
Director of Human Resouces
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
March 29, 2018

“I love my Paylocity!”

OverallYou can't go wrong with this product. It does so much!
ProsIf you are looking for a robust system that includes an ATS, on-boarding, time entry, payroll, employee scheduling, employee recognition, ACA and compliance module, benefits, electronic open enrollment, employee surveys, total compensation statements, and performance management, this is the best I've seen and used! The ATS and performance management is very easy to configure in a way that meets your business needs and desires. This system can even generates your OSHA logs for you, and you can have employees electronically sign off on policies and procedures. The HR Insights dashboard provides key HR metrics and also has robust reporting features.
ConsAll systems have an occasional glitch here and there, however when this occurs the Paylocity team addresses them in a timely manner.
March 29, 2018
Kim B.
HR Generalist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2019

“Sophisticated Software”

ProsShows paycheck breakdown including wages and other benefits that are company paid. For example, the company paid life insurance premium amount. This captures the entire pay for the employee outside of wages.
ConsThe Reports and Analytics section can be difficult to pull reports with necessary data. This is because it can be time consuming and locating the report can be challenging if you are not sure which report you are looking for.
April 4, 2019
Roland A.
Finance Analyst
Banking, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“GREAT SOFTWARE FOR PAYROLL !! INDEED AN ACCOUNTANT'S FRIEND”

ProsGreat software that handles all your payroll needs. has a functionality of generating reports as well as Making real Time adjustments. its ability to process payroll quickly is very much laudably. Am a finance analyst in my company and Trust me Paylocity has made my life much easier.
ConsNot much to say about the negatives. i just will entreat every organization and accountant to try this fantastic Suite. i believe you will never regret it.
December 10, 2018
Francine R.
HR/Payroll Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2018

“Paylocity for Small Business”

OverallThe Customer Service was wonderful. There was a team of people, rather than a single individual, that you could talk to about a payroll question or concern.
ProsRelatively easy to navigate around the program. The ability to get a snapshot of who was off, by having a calendar on the main page was very efficient.
ConsThe Timekeeping and Payroll modules were not in sync, Payroll was always one behind. Meaning PTO balances were not always accurate when employees checked "available" balances.
Catharine N.
HR Generalist
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 29, 2017

“My Favorite System”

OverallUser friendly, nice interface, fast system
ProsCustomer service is the best I've ever encounters. The system is so user-friendly that new users become professional within a short time frame
ConsWhen asking for a new feature that hasn't been created, we have to wait until others are also showing the request is becoming a popular demand
September 29, 2017
Glenn M.
IT Admin
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2019

“Not Perfect, but Pretty Darn Good”

ProsNo paper timecards to manage is great, and it allows remote branches to submit their timecards without having to scan a physical card which can be difficult to read depending on your scanner.
ConsSupport can sometimes be lacking, especially if a response is needed quickly.
April 2, 2019