ComputerEase Ratings

Overall

About ComputerEase

Deltek + ComputerEase provides cutting edge, integrated construction accounting and project management software. This innovative, user-friendly product not only improves the way contractors run their business, but it also allows clients to meet the unique challenges of construction accounting head-on. Deltek + ComputerEase has grown to be the industry standard and leader in construction management and accounting solutions for contractors of all sizes. Learn more about ComputerEase

Donna B.
Accounting Manager
August 9, 2018

“Meets all our needs”

OverallWe have been using ComputerEase since December of 2014. I am the Accounting Manager. I was on the selection committee that chose ComputerEase. We have two companies, construction and service. We wanted one software platform that could handle the needs of both companies and have capabilities for growth. I oversaw the installation and implementation of the software and I am the software administrator. ComputerEase handles our project management, service management, and all our accounting needs.
ProsThe reporting function is phenomenal - between the canned reports, user reports, QTool and ODBC capabilities, most all reporting needs are met. If not, for a nominal fee, ComputerEase will create a custom report that is seamlessly added to the software. Though we don't frequently need them, customer support is always very responsive, and all issues are quickly resolved. If the software does not have a function or feature that we need, we can make a request for it to be added to a future update. If it is something that can not be added to an update, ComputerEase will offer suggestions for work arounds, alternative methods or examples of how their other clients accomplish similar tasks.
ConsComputerEase provides updates to the software frequently, usually once a month. We self-host ComputerEase. The issue is that all users must be logged out of the software to install the update. Unfortunately, all our users do not log out. This causes delays and limits the times that I can do the updates. However, this is not a ComputerEase issue and is internal to our company. If we go to a ComputerEase cloud hosted environment this would not be an issue as updates are automatic.

By ComputerEase on August 29, 2018
Hi Donna, your review blew us away. A Thank You doesn¿t truly express how we feel. Treating our customers as if they are family is important to us and our values here at ComputerEase. Your review lets us know that we are staying true to those values with our customers. We appreciated all your honesty. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve our software for you and your company. Yours sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative.
August 9, 2018
Allen D.
September 28, 2017

“ComputerEase is a great construction software to build on.”

OverallComputerEase is a robust system with a lot of flexibility, great tools and reports, and a reliable platform to run a construction company on.
ProsThe respective Centers allow a central place to go and get great information and allow easy navigation to reports and other job/maintenance functions. ComputerEase allows a lot of flexibility so it can be set up to best meet your needs. They have many modules, including standard GL, A/P, A/R, Payroll and Job Costing, but also CRM, Service Management, Document Management, Subcontract, FieldEase, etc. These options allow you to pick and choose what modules best work for you and your needs thus saving money by not having to pay for something you won't use. Training and resources through our reseller, Microvisions, has been fantastic. They are very knowledgeable about ComputerEase and have excellent representatives and quick response times. Microvisions also has Webinars to introduce additional features/modules available with ComputerEase which help identify best practices and applications to get the most from the software. QTools is a feature that allows you to easily export reports to Excel where they can be filtered, sorted, etc. to get the information faster and summarized versus searching through the reports direct from ComputerEase.
ConsThere is so much there to learn and what ComputerEase can do, it can be overwhelming. This is overcome with experience and training, but it can be daunting at first.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Allen, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It's only when we receive such positive feedback, do we rest knowing that we have done our jobs well. ComputerEase was designed with the construction contractors in mind. Knowing that no two contractors have the same needs, we realized we needed to provide flexibility and functionality within the software. So, hearing that ComputerEase is a robust system with a lot of flexibility tells us that we have accomplished just that. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to reach out! Sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
September 28, 2017
Rosemarie W.
Executive Assistant
April 20, 2018

“Does it all”

Overall
ProsComputerEase provides all the reports that the owner needs and much more for running his business. Also, I am able to provide our accountant with any reports he requests. ComputerEase made it possible for our accountant to interact with our program by providing software and tech support to our accounting firm. Tech support is amazing! They have always been able to solve my problems and answer my questions without hesitation. They really know their product. Also, they all appear to have more than just basic bookkeeping knowledge which really helps when I don't understand something.
Cons1-There is no way to search for a number, dollar amount, etc. Sometimes, you just don't have any more info than a dollar amount or number (invoice, check #, etc). 2-I don't care for the way credit card purchases are handled. You enter each transaction as an invoice and pay it with the credit card "account". I think our old software had a better way of entering, paying and tracking credit card transactions and statements.

By ComputerEase on August 29, 2018
Hi Rosemarie, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on our Customer Support. We take pride in giving outstanding customer service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. It lets us know that we are accomplishing our core value here at ComputerEase. We have addressed your other comments on searching capabilities and how credit card purchases are handled, and we have sent this to our development team. We strive to make every user¿s experience with ComputerEase as easy and streamlined as possible. With appreciation, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
April 20, 2018
Kellie F.
3.5/5
January 6, 2015

“A step up from QuickBooks”

ProsHands down, the support is what I like best. They respond almost immediately and are very friendly. I also appreciate that the company is small enough that they accept recommendations for improvements and sometimes you see implementation as quickly as the next update. I feel it's an easy program to navigate and learn - far more so than some of the competitors I reviewed. However, some of my less technologically experienced co-workers have found it challenging. Honestly, I think that's a reflection of their limited exposure, not the program. I like (and sometimes dislike) that it is far more secure than QB - people can't change posted transactions willy-nilly! The password maintenance is excellent and people only see what they have access to. Sometimes it's tricky because you think you're giving permissions to do something but you haven't checked another box that prevents it but, all-in-all, it's slick. The job costing feature is far superior to QB - no comparison. We haven't completed implementation of the Service Management module and are not using FieldEase to the full extent possible but I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities. Being able to import time from the field has been a huge time-saver. The field employees grumbled at first and still do sometimes but not only has it saved time, it's improved accuracy. No more trying to decipher chicken scratch!
ConsThe reporting is not as robust as QuickBooks, and I really miss the ability to create just about any report imaginable. I also don't like that you sometimes have to go to multiple screens to get all the information related to a single transaction. Unlike QuickBooks, you can't drill down in every report - only certain ones have links. Some reports that you think should be standard are not and some cannot even be created without paying extra. If I could change one thing, the ability to drill down and customize reports like QuickBooks would be it.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you have enough staff to handle the regular day-to-day work and the implementation. I had to manage most of it alone and we're now three months behind our target go-live date as a result. Of course, we were doing two different locations, inventory, FieldEase and purchasing at the same time. Don't do that! Implement in phases if possible.
January 6, 2015
Jerri S.
October 31, 2012

OverallWow. When I last posted about using ComputerEase, we were lost. Our support team was non existent. I got a call from the Corporate office that quickly set us up with a new support group. They got us on the right track, helped us with issues we were having in payroll, mainly certified payroll settings. As anyone that has to complete certified payroll reports knows, they can be a nightmare. We are on the right track now. Corporate has been a lifesaver. We can email, call and they have an answer to our questions.. As with any new program, you need a great support team to help you with the transition from one program to another. We still have some things to work out, but with our new support team it will be completed correctly. Thank you Peggy and Lesley. And all that have helped with correctly setting up Computerease. **UPDATE** We are a Georgia based utility contractor. Our company has been using Computerease since 2008. Previously we wer using QuickBooks Pro for Construction. . The program was purchased prior to the current office staff that is now in place. They used it for a few months, then went back to QuickBooks. When the new staff took over in May 2007, the decision was made to use Computerease starting the beginning of 2008. I have to say, I do not find the program user friendly. It does not seem that one module talks to the other. The updates other than federal tax updates, really don't apply to Georgia. The appear to be more geared to the northern states. We make suggestions to our "Suppor team", and I use that word for the lack of another term , but nothing is ever done. Especially the accounting and payroll portion. We work on federally funded projects that require certified payroll reports. Each job, pay rates and fringes are different. We ask about setting up the union portion of the payroll to ensure payrates and fringes were correct. We were told not to use that section. If an employee works on a certified payroll jobsite and one that is not, the fringe is split between the two jobs so it appears on the report that we are not paying the correct fringe. We have to send copies of employee paychecks with the reports to show that the correct fringe was paid. Sorry, but, I am not only dissappointed with the product, but our support is basically non-existent. We call support and sometimes they call back. We called yesterday for example, and as of 3:52 this afternoon, have not received a return call. I emailed them twice last week, and although the messages were received and read, we never hear from support.
October 31, 2012
Beverly G.
Vice President, Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer
Utilities, 51-200 employees
September 26, 2017

“Excellent Product, More than excellent support, excellent accountability and tracking.”

ProsThe "transparency" of the data; the ability to have "drill-down" reports for the data displayed. Great "paper trails" to help analyze and understand just exactly where the data came from that is used in the reports. There are no limits to this software. The only limits on this product will be from the end user, not the product. Also, if you require a custom report the good people at ComputerEase can create it for you. ComputerEase support is unequaled; it is provided with a simple phone call or through the software itself with a direct link to their Customer Corner where you can go online and research yourself or request support.
ConsI have been using this product since 2008; I do not have any "cons". As I've stated above the only limit will be on the inability of the user to know what they want and why/how to get it.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Beverly, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us such a positive review and for being a long-time user of ComputerEase. Most people don't bother to leave reviews about positive experiences unincentivized, and that's what makes us truly grateful. It¿s customers like you that make our day! We will strive to deliver great experiences consistently. Let us know if there is anyone else that would benefit from using ComputerEase. Thank you again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
September 26, 2017
Thomas B.
March 9, 2017

“Very mature software product!”

OverallWe have been on this system for about 7 years or more now and are VERY happy with it.
ProsThis is TRULY a fully integrated product that combines Project Management, Submittals, Accounting and Change Orders. Very user friendly with a very well thought out Graphical User Interface. My wife and I are both Engineers with my wife being a Master Degreed Software Engineer. We studied many products and settled on Computerease. We are extremely happy with our decision and I believe the product is very scaleable and will meet all of our demands as our company grows.
ConsScheduling tool is weak. We just use MS Project instead. The product does offer a scheduling module but it is not robust. Also, certain fields are limited to 10 characters which is very cumbersome when naming job names and customer names.
March 9, 2017
Jill C.
April 17, 2018

“One system does everything!”

ProsHow the accounting and project management systems integrate with each other is key. Love the payroll system. This is my first time using it and it is awesome. The subcontract module is a great tool and very easy to use. Overall, it is good program for GC's.
ConsNo direct export to Excel. Qtools is mediocre at best. It is so cumbersome to use. I have used CE for close to 10 years now. I've recently completed my third system implementation from Quickbooks. Onsite training is so much better than online but entirely too pricey. With regards to training sessions, the amount of time it takes to get one scheduled is way too long. I also feel that at the end of the session, one should be able to accomplish what they were being trained to do.
Allison C.
Administrative Assistant
April 9, 2018

“User friendly and never have a problem with it. Customer Support is 100% if an issue”

OverallLOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! So user friendly! Perfect for our profession and business.
ProsEverything!! It is so user friendly. There are never any issues. We like the Q Tools where we can make up our reports. The software has the perfect reports already in the reports section through too. LOVE that it imports into EXCEL and Emails directly from Computer Ease.
ConsNo spell check in description of the invoices :) This is pretty much the only think I can think of.

By ComputerEase on April 13, 2018
Hi Allison, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as a top priority and we are committed to our customers. It's customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again. Sincerely, Taylor from Customer Support.
April 9, 2018
Dennis H.
CFO
October 12, 2017

“Straightforward”

Prosthe product is windows based and is easy to navigate around in. The price is very reasonable. The product design allows for flexibility when customizing it around ones organization.
ConsWhile easily navigable and flexible, there are some advanced project management functions that computerEase doesn't easily allow, if at all.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Dennis, thank you for giving us your honest opinion about ComputerEase. Since we are a small company, most of our customers are referred to us by our existing customers. Since the construction industry can be so diverse it great to hear from you that ComputerEase allows for flexibility. We hope that you continue to remain a loyal customer with us here at ComputerEase and if you every have any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks Donna, ComputerEase Representative
October 12, 2017
Mark B.
Vice President / General Manager
January 17, 2018

“Overall, very pleased to be using CE as our accounting software solution.”

OverallI had researched and implemented CE many years ago, when I was working in the commercial construction industry. When my current company (an industrial construction company) had the opportunity to use a different accounting solution, I recommended CE. I was very glad we made the switch and the recommendation was taken.
ProsVery intuitive interface. Workflows are great for frequent operations. Good module interface between modules. Relatively easy to train others to use.
ConsSome inflexibility when comes to the equipment module. Does not let us easily input our equipment use the way we use equipment. Would like equipment functionality in FieldEase.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Mark, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. To hear that you recommended ComputerEase to your new company from the researched you did years ago speaks volume. Please reach out to us with any suggestions or questions you may have. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
January 17, 2018
Randy J.
General Manager
January 16, 2018

“Good program Good Support”

OverallI like the software however it would be better if there was a way to delete instead of just making accounts inactive.
ProsI like the search features, the maintenance features and all the reports that are available. I also enjoy the customer support that is available.
ConsI think it is too industry specific, and the accounting features could be more user friendly. Also a feature allowing the reprint of a paystub on plain paper would be handy

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Randy, thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on the maintenance features and reports in ComputerEase, as well as, our customer support. We take pride in giving outstanding customer service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments. Our hope it to show our customers how important they are to us. Your review tells us that we are succeeding in this goal. Do not hesitate to contact us with your ideas for improvements to our software. Yours sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
January 16, 2018
Martha G.
Executive Assistant
March 6, 2017

“Simple and Affordable”

ProsThe ease of the process from purchasing to setup to use. This software offers a solution to having all your information in one place. From HR to Accounting this is the easiest way to keep track of your business. The variety of reports allows you to produce information to meet preferred formats for coworkers. Customer support responds in a timely, courteous fashion and always works with you to resolve any issues or suggestions to assist your company to be the best it can be. The continual updates to the software insure that your information remains current for the industry to allow you to focus on growing your business. Call and talk to someone about how ComputerEase can make things simple for you, you will not be disappointed.
Cons The only thing I can say is a "con" to this software was getting the Project Managers to stop using multiple programs and start using ComputerEase. Once they saw how easy it was to use and the information that was available to them, they were on board with the software.
March 6, 2017
Donna R.
October 15, 2012

OverallI am the Accounting Manager for Randall Mechanical, and all of the Randall companies. These companies include HVAC, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and tilt-wall concrete construction companies among other enterprises. We had been using a UNIX/DOS operating system for accounting and job costing for many years. This system was labor intensive, and very limited in functionality. I had used ComputerEase a few years earlier, when I worked for an electrical contractor. So one day, when I could no longer tolerate this backward UNIX system, I called ComputerEase to see if it would be a good fit for Randall. They put me through to John Meibers, the President of ComputerEase. John began giving demonstrations to our key personnel in each division of our operation - A/P, A/R, payroll, purchasing, etc. He answered every question and showed us that ComputerEase could handle every aspect of our businesses, better and more efficiently than the old system. When the Owner saw that we could have a far better system for the same price as we pay for our old system, there was no reason to say no. We went live on July 1, 2012 and every person that works in the system has expressed appreciation for ComputerEase. Everyone has been impressed with the new system and how much more they can get out of the system. With the old system, we felt like we were working for the system. Now the system works for us. The people at ComputerEase are all so helpful and great to work with, especially Maribel Scarnecchia, our Trainer. Her endless patience has been instrumental in our transition to ComputerEase. Maribel guided us every step of the way with moving open A/P and A/R and payroll, etc. which resulted in a smooth transition. I have worked with several accounting/job costing systems in the past. ComputerEase is by far the most user-friendly, construction-based, intuitive, complete software I've ever used. We look forward to a long and happy working relationship with ComputerEase.
October 15, 2012
Ryan H.
September 5, 2012

OverallWe are a roofing contractor providing roof replacement and repair services, siding, gutter, masonry, chimney restoration, metal fabrication, windows, doors, and OTC supply sales. We serve both residential and commercial customers. Prior to using ComputerEase, we utilized three separate programs to operate our business: QuickBooks for our accounting, a custom software program called ScanTerm for our job processing, job costing, inventory, and an outside payroll service provider. With these three programs there was a lot of double entry and redundancies occurring so we decided to make a change, which is not an easy thing to do. ComputerEase was selected when the other programs we looked at seemed to be good but just weren't the right fit for us. We installed ComputerEase in March of 2012 and went live on July 1st 2012. We had four months of training and practicing with the software which helped a lot. ComputerEase is pretty comprehensive and there's a lot to learn. The program is very easy to navigate but it takes sometime until you know where certain things are under each menu. ComputerEase really does all your accounting for you as you process your daily work. The downfall is that we found ourselves entering more info or taking more steps then we were use to in our old system because the accounting system was not integrated. It created a little extra work for us, but it will eventually help save us on CPA fees. Having everything integrated is the key for us. It really helps us get a better picture of our business overall instead of waiting until the end of the year to see how we did. We have a pretty unique business here but ComputerEase seems to be able to handle it all for us. One thing I will say is that their support and training is outstanding. All training is done over the web, at a time that's convenient for you. Also if you have any questions you can email or call your support person and they make it a point to get back to you as soon as they can.
September 5, 2012
Michael B.
April 10, 2013

OverallI am the Vice President and CFO of Stallion Builders LLC. Stallion is a General Contractor -we self-perform 80% of our projects involving HVAC, building Renovation and New Building Construction. Our client base includes: New Hampshire DOT, Massachusetts DOT, U. S. Air Force, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Private Sector Commercial Build-outs and various municipalities throughout New England. Each of these Government and State Agencies individually require many different forms and reports from Certified Payroll Reports to Contract and Change Order Management. The ComputerEase Software functions and form design capabilities allow us to easily comply with all of the reporting requirements for each agency. I have over 25 years experience in the construction industry, and have worked with many Construction Job Cost, Project Management and Accounting Programs and have found the ComputerEase Software and Support System to be the best of all that I have used. John Meibers, the President, was very hands-on throughout the introduction and answered every question and showed us that ComputerEase could handle every aspect of our business better and more efficiently than the other Construction Software Programs we were considering. We went live on November 1, 2012 and the transition of the accounting and job cost data to ComputerEase was smooth and painless. We use all that ComputerEase has to offer including FieldEase, payroll & tax service and ProEst Estimating. Our trainer, Bill Hutchison was and continues to be the reason for our success in leaning and using all that ComputerEase has to offer. Integration of Accounting, Job Cost, Project Management and Estimating provides a snap shot of our business position at any moment in time. Keeping your finger on the pulse of your business is the key to success; ComputerEase puts your finger on that pulse! We look forward to a long working relationship with the team at ComputerEase.
Laura P.
June 7, 2017

“Ah-ma-zing”

OverallI have been using this software since 2000. It is amazing. I've also used Quickbooks, Sage, Peachtree. They all have nothing on ComputerEase. I'm trying to convince my new employer to take a look at it as I know it will work for him way better than Quickbooks. Change is scary sometimes. ComputerEase may look intimidating in the beginning, but give yourself time to get to know it and you'll never stray.
ProsPayroll, Project Management, Inventory - all of it. Of all the accounting programs I've tried, this one is the one I will stick with.
ConsNothing yet. Sometimes it can be a little difficult for people within your company to accept change, but it's not hard to use.
June 7, 2017
Beth T.
HR Director
March 20, 2017

“Great Construction Software - Lacking HR component however”

OverallThis software would be complete if it contained the HRIS component.
ProsJob set up, tracking, tax reports, AP & AR systems ease of use, GL accounting system, contract/subcontract/p.o. templates and ease of payroll.
ConsLacking the HRIS component - Had to purchase a separate HRIS (Human Resource Information System) through BambooHR that our employees could log into to track their time off, for benefit enrollment and tracking and for supervisors/foreman to perform performance evaluations and post job openings.
March 20, 2017
Mazen Z.
Procurement Manager
Construction, 501-1000 employees
May 12, 2018

“Accounting starts to be simple and easy”

ProsVery simple software, but very powerful and covers all major and minor needs of construction accounting, it help in reducing lot of expenses.
ConsSome fine tuning will be great to cover Projects variable items and details, overall more than great Software

By ComputerEase on August 29, 2018
Hi Mazen, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are glad to hear that ComputerEase has made accounting for you and your company easier. We believe that an accounting software should be easy and functional. Your review tells us that we have accomplished just that. If you have any suggestions, please don¿t hesitate to contact us. Thank you, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
May 12, 2018
Shannon Y.
HR Assistant
December 5, 2017

“Decent product”

ProsThis product allows you to house and report on a lot of important information pertaining to payroll and human resources.
ConsIt can be difficult to find the information you are looking for. Would be nice to have a tutorial or manual housed in the product.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Shannon, thank you for writing a review on Software Advice. To hear that ComputerEase helps to allow you and your company to keep payroll and human resources in house is great. This was one of the aspects that we wanted to accomplish with our software. We hope that you will continue to be a valued customer. Please feel free in reaching out to us with any questions. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
December 5, 2017
Amy F.
Business MAnager
March 27, 2017

“Great Product”

OverallThis product gives you several ways to set up and track work items. Some jobs you want more detail and others not so much. You choose by job what info you want to track. It is great for small companies as you don't have to use all the features to get the info you want. You choose which modules you want and only pay for those and not others you don't need.
ProsPractice company makes it easy to see if a journal entry etc. affects accounts as you thought it would do without changing anything in the live company.
March 27, 2017
Todd C.
October 18, 2012

OverallSouthern Energy Management went live with ComputerEase in August of 2011. The growth of our business coupled with the absence of true job costing with our previous software prompted moving to ComputerEase. The software continues to deliver as advertised. Job costing, payroll management, sub contractor management, FieldEase data entry, etc... Each module has integrated well with the business processes at Southern Energy Management. Training and support is outstanding, the company continues to put out monthly updates and is constantly seeking user enhancements. We've seen productivity gains largely in Accounting - Payroll processing has gone from 2 days to several hours. In other areas of the company where we've been able to move from spreadsheets and double entry to an integrated system (Excel time sheets are gone, inventory is no longer a manual process, project managers can evaluate jobs on the fly!) Perhaps the most impressive has been the wealth of information we've been able to mine from ComputerEase. Standard reports abound, but the level of customized reporting thru XML templates, ODBC (thru both MS Access and MS Excel that we have used), and CE's own programming team really shines. This is above and beyond the options we had with previous accounting software and is something I would encourage anyone to explore. Our business is complex, and ComputerEase has managed to provide tools for everything from inspection jobs that may last 2 hours and involve 1 invoice to multi-million dollar yearlong jobs requiring AIA invoicing. The ComputerEase team is available, responsive, personable, knowledgeable and more than capable in assisting the management of their technology with our processes.
October 18, 2012
Denise R.
HR Director
May 24, 2016

“Great software for a great price.”

ProsComputerEase is distributed and served by Target Systems in our region. Our rep was with us from implementation, and throughout our use. She knew the software inside and out and was always easy to contact and very helpful. The software itself was intuitive, easy to use, and had all the features we needed as a medium-sized insulation company. It was very useful with our union, even with several locals. I was pleasantly surprised at how much we liked using ComputerEase, as it was not at all expensive. I definitely recommend this for a small to medium-sized construction company.
ConsI can't think of anything I didn't like about this product and vendor.
Recommendations to other buyersSearch for software that fits your business size, then sort by price and reviews from peers. Then you can view demos and decide which software would be best for your needs.
May 24, 2016
Stacy W.
Vice President of Accounting
April 28, 2017

“Great software choice!”

ProsComputerEase is extremely flexible and can be built to run just about any type of business. We use it for construction, engineering, controls and manufacturing. It is extremely trustworthy and will produce exactly what is needed. From both the job management and cost accounting, ComputerEase has proved to be exactly what we needed. I have no regrets moving to this software.
ConsVirtually none. The only feature I would like to be added would be to be able to tell who performed certain actions, an audit trail.
April 28, 2017
Heidi M.
December 12, 2017

“Valuable”

ProsThis software had made our construction business much more profitable because we have the tools to review all aspects of our building process.
ConsTakes time to learn all the ins and outs of a new software program. Because it can do so much it takes a while to learn.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Heidi, thank you for writing a review about ComputerEase. Being a small company, most of our customers are referred to us by existing customers. Potential customers want to hear that they can review all the aspects of their business. Just like you and your company, they understand that this is an important aspect of having a successful and profitable business. Let us know if there is someone we should reach out to. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
December 12, 2017
Sheri L.
Office/IT Mgr/Accounting

“ComputerEase Construction Software”

ProsComputerEase is easy to use and very intuitive. Offers numerous management, budgeting, costing tools & reports for tracking your production process from start to finish. Control Centers for Jobs and the other modules offer great charting and one stop viewing of all facets of a project.
ConsHas all the essentials for accounting side, payroll, financial reporting etc. Would like more detailed payroll report options for historical purposes. But overall it does a great job.
Recommendations to other buyersReally determine what your primary focus needs to be; project management, sales tracking or accounting and keep that in mind when evaluating each module of ComputerEase. It is a great all round product. However, only you know what area you want your focus to be on or where you need more information than your current product provides.
Susan K.
October 3, 2017

“Very thorough software”

OverallAccounting information
ProsAll of the operations of the company is available through this software. Once you learn the system, it is easier to use.
ConsSystem has a lot to offer, you just have to know how to get the information. Would like to have GPS capabilities via their payroll system (Field Ease).
October 3, 2017
Carmen V.
April 19, 2012

OverallWe are Commercial General Contractor specializing in building hotels, shopping plazas, etc. but we are diverse in the entire commercial business. We are a Ceco metal building distributor as well. We were seeking a more cost effective, user friendly software that will be strong in job costing reports and have the similar capabilities that Sage Timberline Office offered. We previously used Sage Timberling Office. We are currently operating 9.0 version and it was purchased in June 2011. It took a couple of weeks to start getting familiar, but we were up and running in a week. The ComputerEase staff were very helpful and patient. The project managers have not utilized the software to it's full capacity, however, once they do it will be wonderful. The software is great and so easy to use. I give customer support a 2 star, simply because you have to place a call and wait for someone to become available to phone you back. I am use to speaking and resolving issue with inital call in. However, when I get the call back the support is awesome. We always get the issue resolved or question answered in a timely manner. Not to mention the webinars are very useful and I love them! I feel the software is an asset to our company because it is very affordable, user friendly, great at tracking job costs, and an all around wonderful software. The reports that we are able to produce are amazing from tax reporting, payroll, accounts payable/receiveable, cost control, and document control. The software has saved our company time and money. We love it!
April 19, 2012
Bryan R.
Analyst
October 29, 2018

“Review From an Analyst”

ProsWhat is most useful to me as an analyst is the Qtools software that comes with ComputerEase. My job involves alot of report making and Qtools is useful for quickly pulling information out of the system.
ConsThe biggest annoyance I have with ComputerEase is the inability to make custom Excel templates for all types of reports. This results in me having to combine information from multiple reports instead.
October 29, 2018
Sam P.
Project Coordinator
September 12, 2019

“Works from anywhere”

OverallI enjoy expense ease more than our last software which was sage. I like being able to use the software when not in the office.
ProsOurs is cloud based so we are able to use it anywhere with internet connection.
ConsThat you can only use it from desktop or laptop. I wish we were able to use it from an ipad or iphone.
September 12, 2019
Lyndon L.
Supply planning specialist
Construction, 10,001+ employees
September 23, 2018

“ComputerEase saves the day”

OverallIt really works well in small scale company, but like us it has a struggling the need of project manager.
ProsThis software is easy to use and it helps your company to improve your existing process and there customer service is so great , they teach you things that you may not know step by step also they has also the answers on your problems .They know there product well.
Consthere is no way you can directly export your works to Microsoft excel and in terms of scheduling its better to use MS project maybe limiting some field in 10 words also make it hard to use.
September 23, 2018
Jeremy M.
IT Specialist
May 16, 2018

“This fulfills all of our accounting needs.”

ProsThis program works as described. It takes a good deal of set up time but that's to be expected. Overall a great product.
ConsI don't have any major complaints about this software. As I said it works pretty much as described.

By ComputerEase on August 29, 2018
Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave your review on Software Advice. Two of our key values here at ComputerEase is customer satisfaction and providing a great product. Hearing from you that our product is great lets us know that we are doing just that. We look forward to serving you and your company. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything! Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
May 16, 2018
Natasha S.
Estimator
Design, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2018

“Computer Ease”

ProsComputer Ease is a phenomenal tool for any business. It is so customizable that it works for your needs. We use it for everything from inventory to tracking a job and where it was at in the process.
ConsComputer Ease is complex in a way that if you don't actually sit down and have a class you may not know what it can all do.

By ComputerEase on August 29, 2018
Hi Natasha, thank you for leaving us your review. We know just how busy our customers are and for you to take the time out of your day was wonderful for us. ComputerEase was designed with the specific needs of contractors in mind and for you to say how customizable our program is lets us know we hit the nail on the head. If you have any suggestions that you feel would benefit you and your company, please do not hesitate in contacting us. Thanks, Donna, ComputerEase Representative.
May 31, 2018
Priscilla R.
H. R. Manager
October 13, 2017

“We use it primarily because we job cost 95% of our employees.”

ProsEasy for job costing our employees. Great customer service. Really easy for certified payroll because we can pay more than one pay rate per check.
ConsI don't like having to save the payroll Register and check stubs on my desktop each payroll. I would rather have the ability to pull them up on the CE system at all times.

By ComputerEase on September 5, 2018
Hi Priscilla, thanks for sharing with us what you and your company like about ComputerEase. Job Costing can be time consuming and difficult. We are so glad that ComputerEase is living up to its name. Do not hesitate in contacting us with any other suggestions. Yours sincerely, Donna, ComputerEase Representative
October 13, 2017
Jean M.
Payroll coordinator
August 29, 2019

“Great Construction Accounting Software”

ProsIs a great system to track all of your cost for each project
ConsSystem is great on the accounting side, however not good for the project management side
August 29, 2019
David D.
Accountant/Controller
April 17, 2018

“Fairly easy to learn the basic accounting processes.”

OverallYour staff has been very helpful in working with us to resolve various user issues.
ProsAbility to track job costs in a fully integrated environment, a strong audit trail and ease of getting help to solve user issues.
ConsAs Canadian customers we are being asked to pay for converting the US payroll module into something that works in Canada!
Danielle C.
EMT B
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees

“Great Software ”

OverallI would use it again very soon
ProsI like that it is really organized program
ConsIts not easy software to set up on computer
Elizabeth R.
September 14, 2017

“Does the basics, but is clunky to use and has terrible presentation.”

OverallIt seemed to have worked well for our company when we were a small GC, but now that we have grown to +$100M annually with multiple offices, it is struggling to meet the needs of the project managers.
ProsDoes the basics of what a small construction company would need. Is flexible in certain ways, like setting up job cost codes. Prints to AIA billing forms.
ConsCostumer support is terrible. Templates are sloppy and unprofessional and clunky to use, so all need to be recreated by the company using them. Answer to one of my questions about generation of a purchase agreement was "there is a glitch in the system that requires text in a form field to generate the document" The text in that form field does not carry through to the PA itself... so we just need to type "x" and it will work. Report read outs look like they are from the 1980's.
September 14, 2017
Cristy S.
March 30, 2016

“I have been using ComputerEase for 7 years on a daily basis.”

Pros1. Integration of accounting, purchasing and project management; 2. Ability to promote a "paperless" office; 3. Ability to merge into Microsoft Office products; 4. very responsive to user recommendations
ConsSeems skewed towards subcontractors or specialty contractors and service providers and we are a general contractor. The project management module could be better.
Recommendations to other buyersRemember that there is rarely a software that is a perfect fit. Make a list of the requirements you're looking for and prioritize them; if the software has most of the high priority items, it may be the right one.
Boris L.
Business Owner
October 4, 2018

“Great software for small sized electrical contracting company ”

ProsThe ease of use and the correlation of all the information into one software. The accounting process is easy to use.
ConsPerhaps it could start personalizing a little more towards what kind of industry its clients belong to (general, electrical, plumbing, etc)
Bre L.
Associate Financial Advisor
Accounting, 201-500 employees
June 8, 2018

“I think computer ease is one of the easiest accounting programs I have ever used”

OverallAccounting program that makes your life easier, hence, you have more time to execute other parts of your job description!
ProsI like the quickness and the ease of use. IT is very easy to navigate. I love how quick it opens and closes and how reports are also generated very quickly.
ConsThe only glitch that I found is the complication in the paid versus unpaid invoices. There should be a report that shows you both for reconciliation purposes.
June 8, 2018
LouAnne J.
March 8, 2017

“Ease of Use!”

OverallComputer Ease helps me keep track of the many facets of our construction company. The customer support is fantastic and very timely with their help.
March 8, 2017
Kristen C.
Director of Marketing
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2018

“Some features are very useful for project management but as a CRM tool, it's underwhelming”

OverallNOT FOR PUBLICATION, JUST FOR BACKGROUND: I have changed companies and industries since I was using ComputerEase. At the time, I was in the construction field, and used CE for CRM functions, sales reporting, financials, and some project management reporting. I worked for Redrock Security and Cabling and reported directly to ownership. My role incorporated sales management and marketing functions.
ProsFor project management and some accounting functions, CE is very useful. It was easy to track project expenditures, progress to completion, etc.
ConsAs a CRM tool, CE is not a robust enough solution to meet most users' needs. Even in a construction environment, some more meaningful reporting and analytics would have been helpful, as well as more seamless integration with other systems we had in place such as RingCentral, MailChimp, etc. We had to find work arounds and manual solutions for processes for things other solutions can accomplish routinely.
August 3, 2018
Krystal H.
Dispatcher
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
June 16, 2017

“Not a Relational Database”

ProsComputerEase seems to be one of the less expensive software options out there while still offering many optional features. There are multiple pre-built reports to see profitability, etc. We have not had any system "crashes".
ConsComputerEase is not a relational database - which if you are used to a relation database, the process of looking up or entering information will require more steps. The service module is a bit weak despite an upgrade in Spring 2017 (dispatch board lacking features, unable to easily view a work ticket once it has been completed, not easy to link to AP, time keeping app unable to view submitted entries without additionally logging into the online portal). The customer technical support is handled by a third party company that is divided into regions. The regional team supporting us seems short staffed at times.
June 16, 2017
Jessica F.
April 10, 2013

OverallWe are an excavation company who has expanded into many different divisions such as pipelining, clearning and grubbing, earthwork, utility, erosion and sedimentation, boring, rental, trucking, and mechanics. Before using ComputerEase, we were using Quickbooks. ComputerEase gives us a better idea of how each division is doing money wise; which division is costing us money and which is making the money. We used to have to create several spreadsheets on Excel, and now we have eliminated many of those. Learning how to use the software was a little difficult because it was different than Quickbooks, but thats with anything new. Their support system is quick to return phone calls that are put in for support questions. We also started using the payroll module with ComputerEase and are having ComputerEase file our taxes for us. We were entering payroll several times since we use to use ADP for our outside payroll company. All that is done now is the payroll gets directly entered into ComputerEase; once its entered, ComputerEase logs into the computer and gathers all the information entered, prints the checks, and sends all the information that is posted from the payroll. All in all, using ComputerEase has made everyone's life in our office much easier and saves us all time!
Audrey A.
.Net web developer
Utilities, 10,001+ employees
September 30, 2018

“ComputerEase have it all ”

OverallIf your going to use this make sure you have enough staff to provide the output you want on this product.
ProsLike I said in the title ComputerEase have all the kind of reports that a business need for running its business , Every kind of reports that my boss requested I can provide it easy using Computerease and there tech support is so great !
ConsIt is just lock of features of finding for numbers or money signs etc, and preparing your reports is not a robust like the other product and you need to open multiple windows for creating a single transaction.
September 30, 2018
Shannon M.
Assistant Financial Analyst
September 10, 2018

“Computerease works great for Construction companies!”

ProsThere are so many things you can do with the computerease program. We do all of our accounting in this program for our jobs as well as keep track of all of our equipment. We discover new things all the time that will help us in our business.
ConsThe only con would be that there's so many things this software can do that it takes a long time to figure all of them out.
September 10, 2018
Berkeley C.
Production Assistant
April 25, 2018

“Really affordable software”

ProsReally easy to use, and is affordable. Has the capabilities for some operations within our organization that does not hinder growth or expansion.
ConsThe customer support is not all that great to be completely honest and also initially it is a little overwhelming because there is alot to learn the software, but it just takes a little time to get the hang of it.
April 25, 2018
Colleen M.
Admin
April 19, 2018

“It was not very user friendly.”

ProsThe ability to upload documents into the system was a great help. Doing payroll in house was not hard to set up. I think that this would be better for larger companies with more jobs rather then smaller companies with a few larger jobs.
ConsTo do pay applications was hard. It had so many things that just didn't apply to our business and it was hard
April 19, 2018
Keith S.
Operations Manager
April 16, 2018

“Great next step from Quickbooks”

OverallSolid accounting program that lets me know how my projects are doing and helps me manage my cash flow.
ProsReally is a great accounting program that handles multi-state payroll, Prevailing wage, and AIA billing. Customizable reports - Qtools are great. Revised estimates, WIP, job cost summary reports are great. Time card app integration works great. It has its shortcomings but I have yet to find anything that is a no brainer for a replacement.
ConsThe added PM module leaves you wanting more. should integrate with more third-party apps. Field Ease also leaves you wanting more. The service module is terrible. It has been a while since any substantial updates
April 16, 2018