Remote Support Ratings

Overall

About Remote Support

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) enables secure, instant remote support to customers using Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or other devices, whether or not they are on the corporate network. Users can fix end systems or troubleshoot issues using screen sharing, remote control, unattended access, file sharing, annotations, and mobile device camera sharing. Real-time chat, canned scripts, collaboration and escalation tools improve technician efficiency. Learn more about Remote Support

Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 2, 2019

“Easy remote support while maintaining a controlled environment”

OverallStaff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket. But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.
ProsBomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support. You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions. Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface. The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background. There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep. Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.
ConsBomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently. A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.
April 2, 2019
February 8, 2018

“A recommended and dependable remote endpoint management and technical support portal”

OverallA powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.
Pros- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers - I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard. - Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly. - Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained - Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.
Cons- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade. - There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.
February 8, 2018
Alan G.
IT Analyst
November 16, 2017

“It's not Marmite, everybody loves it!”

ProsI love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts. I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered. One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!
ConsWell, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like. It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...
November 16, 2017
Jason S.
September 5, 2019

“Solid Product for the last 4 years”

OverallBeyond Trust Remote Support is the most used tool in our companies arsenal. We are able to support our clients with little to no interaction on the customers end.
ProsSimply put, it works. We have used multiple products in the past and the Beyond Trust Platform can not be beat. With the correct programming our technicians have access to the most used scripts to support our customers at the click of a mouse. The integrated presentation mode has been a huge asset for customer training.
ConsPrior versions of the Jump clients leave unnecessary leftovers on the client computer. Occasionally we will have to uninstall the Jump Client to clean up the customers system and reinstall.
Nicholas R.
Software Support Technician
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Best secure remote support software I have ever used!!”

OverallA clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.
ProsI really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).
ConsThere are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.
March 7, 2018
Sergey M.
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
July 3, 2018

“Providing remote support to every user - priceless!”

OverallAll-inclusive remote support solution at your fingertips. Nothing like helping remotely an executive, who is traveling and urgently needs IT assistance.
ProsPowerful solution for every IT Administrator. Not only you can remotely assist virtually every user on your network, you can also invite external representatives, should there be a need. Another feature that I like specifically is being able to present, where a remote user can see your screen. This can be used for training purposes. Recording can always be benefitial. Seamless AD integration and policy assignment helps with user administration. Pretty much set it and forget it service. While there are many competitors out there, I would always go with Bomgar.
ConsCost! This product is expensive. I mean, it's worth every penny for what it does, but getting such solution for your company may be a challenge. Another problem that I noticed is the Bomgar console for Mac users. While a Mac user can connect to the workstations and servers, that already have the jum client installed, an ability to "jump" to any workstation is not there. For such instances, I have to use my Bomgar cosole on the PC.
July 3, 2018
Jason M.
System Administrator
May 14, 2019

“This is amazing remote support”

OverallThis is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.
ProsI love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.
ConsHonestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.
May 14, 2019
Abby G.
medical social worker
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
December 7, 2018

“Useful for IT issues”

OverallOverall this has been a great tool and allows you to have IT help at your fingertips as if you had someone sitting right next to you.
ProsBomgar allows our IT department to remote into our workstations and address computer issues. It's very user friendly! Once opening the program our IT tech will provide a session key number which you enter and allows them to remote in and take over. I'm generally on the phone with IT while they are accessing my system, but there is also a chat feature that allows you to communicate with whoever is remoting in. Both users can utilize the mouse or keyboard, so I can show them exactly what I clicked on or what error message I am encountering. It has saved so much time as our IT team is relatively small, and an inability to access programs or have a functioning computer can easily impact patient care. I don't have to wait hours for a ticket number to get assigned to a person who has to triage me along with tons of other people. You can also get a transcript of your chat after you have closed the session. There's an icon that will appear on the top right hand corner of your screen to let you know you are connected and someone else has access, and it's easy to know that the session has ended because the icon disappears and there's a notification that you have logged out.
ConsI have no problems with this software! I have never had trouble with it loading, and each time I've had to use it it has booted up quickly without error, runs smoothly while someone else is accessing my computer, and is incredibly easy to navigate and use.
December 7, 2018
Michael P.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 14, 2019

“The Swiss Army Knife of Remote Support and Unattended Management!”

ProsEase of initial setup was a breeze for my cloud based Bomgar instance. I was able to have customers connecting within a matter of hours. The ability to deploy Bomgar Jump Clients on machines which I need instant access to when providing managed services is simple and works wonderfully. No other remote support software offers the features that the Bomgar product boasts, which does contribute to the price of the product versus the competition.
ConsPricing model is difficult and is not feasible for small companies, or companies just getting started. The yearly fee for a cloud hosted instance is quite significant, and purchasing your own Bomgar appliance is even more significant.
August 14, 2019
Biotechnology, 10,001+ employees
January 13, 2019

“You can forget about regular RDP with this revolutionary product”

OverallOur organization is spread across the globe and have been acquiring more companies. Bomgar has helped us to continue site services task during the time of mergers and acquisitions and in case the network tunnel is down
ProsWhere to start from, first and foremost you dont have to be on network to have an RDP session with a user. During my 3 years of experience as a security analyst, I have had trouble multiple times for not being able to reach user or have a session when the user is off network. I used to work with skype in these cases, but from last 1 year, skype is going really fast towards its end. Plus, if you are an admin, you can straight away hop onto a machine with bomgar client installed without user's approval. If the user does not have a client installed, a bomgar session can also take place via browser.
ConsIt is a client based system. I have had trouble setting up bomgar sessions via browser. Apart from that, I have had absolutely no trouble using bomgar
January 13, 2019
Cam P.
IT Administrator II
Higher Education, Unspecified
December 14, 2017

“Bomgar gives us total access to all aspects of pc troubleshooting. Saves thousands/year in travel!”

OverallGreatly reduced travel costs for branch office desktop support. Faster response for client issues. Recovered hundreds of hours of travel time.
ProsAccess to troubleshoot most pc's and devices even from my phone. Love the ability to script actions that are repetitive on most pc's (set registry keys, install applications, run utilities). I can share remote sessions with other support specialists when needed. Jump clients allow me to initiate support sessions easily with our regular client base or on servers. We even use it to train individuals on new software or processes. License pools - a few licenses allow multiple techs to log in and out as needed. (we use 6 licenses with around 25 support specialists)
ConsCost is the biggest con. Up front cost and annual maintenance is pricey, but the cost savings from reduced travel pay for it easily. Audio from remote systems is not available, making troubleshooting of sound issues more difficult.
Andrew R.
Suppoer Center Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
January 22, 2019

“Bomgar is Great!”

OverallWe used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.
ProsI have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are... - Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected. - Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue. - You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates. - Built in chat feature. - Easily View system information and transfer files.
ConsThere are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac. Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.
January 22, 2019
Richard C.
Business Analyst / Tester
Information Services, 10,001+ employees
September 6, 2019

“Remote Support made easy”

OverallSupporting users throughout the United States makes this very easy. I use this for software support and also for training as I am an admin for multiple applications and support the Accounting, Tax, Budgeting and Forecasting teams. I use this to do training for new users that will become the SME in those remote areas and can deliver hands on training. I can also easily do remote support by logging onto another users computer
ProsThis is an easy application to use and makes logging into a remote user very easy No learning curve for support Working at company headquarters, I support over 2,000 users for a few different applications. Using Bomgar, I was able to log onto a remote users computer to support and teach different applications. It was very easy to also install software updates (Java and SAP Business Objects)
ConsWe have a limited number of licenses so sometimes I need to wait for someone else to stop using this application
September 6, 2019
Tyler L.
Technical Support Specialist
August 1, 2018

“Bomgar is one of the most commonly used remote connection softwares, and has proven reliable.”

OverallBomgar allows the quick set-up of remote connections to computer systems. It's especially beneficial when working with users who may not feel comfortable working in-depth with computers, as it requires just a simple download to get set up. The fact that it removes itself after use is a wonderful feature that makes it perfect for one-time uses, such as customer support.
ProsBomgar is quick to download and run, and is able to be pinned to the computer it's running on, allowing the remote connection to be opened and connected to later. When you're finished using it, disconnecting will close and uninstall the Bomgar program, ensuring the system cannot be accessed further.
ConsIt's very rare, but I have encountered issues where pinning a Bomgar connection can cause issues on Windows Server 2008. This does not occur on all servers running Windows Server 2008, but at this time it is unclear what is causing this issue. A regular, non-pinned session will not cause any issues. This is also not the software to use if you plan on making repeated connections to a computer. Every time it runs it must be downloaded and ran, vs options like LogMeIn, which can be installed and run in the background so whenever the connection is needed you can remotely access the computer.
August 1, 2018
Scott P.
Tech Support Manager
Wholesale, 501-1000 employees
December 14, 2017

“The Best Remote Support Tool out there by far!!!!!”

Overalleasy access to my remote sales team of 400 reps
ProsBomgar remote support is the best tool out there. We have been using it for 9 years, and I used it at a previous employer. The platform is sleek, and the bright orange stands out in our server room. I am on the early adopter's list for new releases, which I jump on to see what new and exciting things Bomgar is doing now. If you need remote support, or you have vendors accessing your servers, I suggest going to Bomgar, and getting a B200 or what fits your needs, as well as the Privileged access manager device, and you will have everything you need.
ConsI love everything about it, but Id like to be able to transfer files between jump clients so I dont need to download to my local machine, and then transfer to the other client. Other than that, again, its the best
Mike B.
IT Helpdesk Specialist
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
September 14, 2017

“A good lifeline to have”

OverallThe ability to assist my customers wherever they are creates a feeling of confidence in the user. This creates a great working environment and a feeling of teamwork that is priceless.
ProsThe fact I can assist users that are both on and off our network via https is great. I prefer to use Apple Remote Desktop for our Mac users when the clients are on LAN or connected via VPN. When they are offsite with no VPN, it's a lifesaver. Bomgar is essential for Windows PC support however they are connected. The ability to easily transfer files to and from the client, support for some automation using scripts, is a good tool to have.
ConsCan get bogged down due to bandwidth consumption. The default setting to reduce video display quality is a bit of a bother for both the user and tech specialist. Sometimes the connection fails completely for some unknown reason.
September 14, 2017
Legal Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 11, 2019

“Great ealy connections”

OverallOverall a great experience. Connects quickly with just one prompt if you have the jump client installed. Easy to use same product for manual connection as well.
ProsAllows for easy connections to other computers. Can use a jump client that will allow computers with it installed to be access from outside your network with just an internet connection.
ConsThere is no copy and paste support. The general queue in the representative console is hard to manage and requires to many manipulations.
September 11, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Good Remote Software, but not the Greatest”

Overallthe remote function of this software is flawless with at least a 99.8% success and speed rating. it allows us to connect immediately and securely to our client without worrying about disconnects or slowdowns or any other possible issues that may arise with a breach of the connection due to hackers.
ProsI like the fact that the speed and security of the connection to the remote client are quick and secure without any drops except only on a few occasions which was found to be a bug in the release of one of the installers they had released.
Consthe file transfer capability and continuity needs improvement. there were issues at sometimes with larger files where the software would just simply quit on a client system and would not resume. we made sure that the client system was more than above standard for handling a file transfer as we usually do this on a higher end workstation or server. this creates a severe impact with not only the client,but with our company as well when performing remote diagnostic services where files need to be uploaded to us.
July 29, 2019
Computer Networking, 501-1000 employees
March 15, 2019

“BomGuard is an excellent support tool”

OverallOverall experience was positive. We were able to get the tool approved and used as a standard within our group. We also generated a process that allowed other departments to use the tool. There were several groups that supported other tools, but with the data, we generated during beta, we were able to get it approved. We would recommend.
ProsWe've been using BomGuard for about 1 year. The tool is a little too hard to get used to, but once you learned tricks it very useful. Features are really good for what we use it for. It's flexible and very user-friendly. I was part of a team that helped evaluate if the tool can be used as part of our IT solution. Once we had the tool setup, it was pretty easy to use.
ConsWe tested BomGuard with several other remote support applications. It wasn't as robust and feature-rich as the other competing tools. Although the features were enough to be able to support several of our locations. We were able to do workarounds to customize the tool to align with our processes.
March 15, 2019
Mike M.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2019

“Bomgar Makes Remote Support And Client Connection Simple”

OverallThe Bomgar console allows us to use admin credentials and elevate rights if it becomes necessary. Screen sharing is simple, collaboration from different team members takes a few simple clicks. Bomgar is the top of the line in security. Analysts can see all displays and the session can be either set up by the user or by the client. Bomgar has resolved several high urgency issues for our clients. Bomgar is one of the greatest assets to our company.
ProsBomgar allows users to access and take control of our clients computer using a website. Users are able to access the website from anywhere making connection simple and efficiently enabling us to share files and troubleshoot efficiently. Multiple users are able to log into one remote system.
ConsEntering Admin credentials through the console is not always simple. It is sometimes hard to direct clients to the correct Bomgar page.
February 15, 2019
Brian V.
IT
January 15, 2019

“It's solidly ok”

OverallHey, it's a remote support tool and it works. So other than the clunky and ugly interface, it's solidly ok.
ProsBomgar does what you'd expect - it provides remote access to systems. There's some granular access you can set up to put systems into groups and assign access permissions, so if that's needed then you have pretty good control over it. There's 2 factor authentication and what appears to be decent security as well.
ConsThe interface is a bit clunky compared to some of the competitors. It doesn't show me everything I'd like to see about systems. For instance, it shows me hostnames, but in order to see who's currently logged in I have to click on a little triangle to expand the host. One of my clients uses a bonehead naming scheme, so I'm constantly digging through hosts to see who's using which machine. Some of the competitors to Bomgar show this information right on their management screen and a simple CTRL-F in the browser window will find the info you need.
January 15, 2019
Nicholas L.
HR Analyst
Defense & Space, 501-1000 employees
November 18, 2018

“Bomgar Review”

OverallIt has been integral for us at this time. We are going through open enrollment and implementation with ADP so we have had to use it several times in the past month. ADP has been able to connect us through Bomgar, see our screen and verify all of our benefit plan setups, eligibility class, home page and open enrollment profile. They have also showed us how to implement all of these items correctly through Bomgar and very useful since we are working on a remote basis.
ProsIt is a great resource in order to connect a third party administrator and be able to share screens to relay information in real time. I currently use it with ADP and we use this in order to collaborate information by sharing each other's screens to make sure there is a correct setup in ADP, address and fix issues that we are having with the system and ensure that we have correct format such as our homepage. It is very simple to use and accept the Bomgar from ADP and connects very quickly.
ConsThe only downside is that you have to accept the software, allow it to connect, accept the terms and conditions, accept the user and then allow for the user to connect. It would be easier if it was web based and allowed for one connection to the user.
November 18, 2018
Marc A.
Financial Manager / IA / MIS
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
March 5, 2019

“Best Support Software”

OverallMy overall experience with this Remote Support is flawless, from my remote support to my clients as well as their support to me.
ProsTheir Support is immediate and professional. Very secure connection to give support to your users. Technical support from Bomgar is impecable, as well as for their hardware as the software itself. The ease of use of the software from your Mobile, Surface, PC is very well thought out and laid out. I can be sure of the connection and can give support to my users and check on my servers at any given moment without any hassle, with just a data connection. Jump PC, and monitor the status of the users' PC at that moment.
ConsNot sure there were any, just getting used to at the beginning with the options the first day and off you go.
March 5, 2019
Wendy R.
Accountant III / Business Intelligence Analyst
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 25, 2019

“Wonderful to have remote user technical support”

OverallThis tool has been very useful in helping tech support to quickly help me solve problems that were puzzling to me. I like to try to research and troubleshoot my own problems, but knowing that tech support can remote to my computer makes me more likely to contact them, which does save me time. I know that I'll be able to watch and learn from them as they solve the problem.
ProsI am an employee at a university and our IT department uses this software to remote into a user's computer to help troubleshoot problems, install software, etc. It really helps problems to get solved more quickly and easily without requiring a tech to go to various locations. I have also been able to use it as an administrator to help a user with a specific software program that was having an odd problem with the software and to help train that user. I like that both the tech working remotely and the user can both control the keyboard and mouse. It is nice to get notified the whole time that the tech is connected to your machine and when the disconnect is done so you don't have to worry about privacy.
ConsAs with any remote software, the speed of use can get slow and controlling the mouse can be tricky.
January 25, 2019
robert v.
Help Desk Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
January 28, 2019

“Bomgar”

OverallWe have 20 tier two Help Desk techs who use Bomgar every day in every situation conceivable, including customers who are presenting at the time. It works well, and when it doesn't work, we then know there is a network problem between us and the customer that needs attention.
ProsWe have access to four tools that give us some kind of remote access to our customer's computers. Bomgar is the best, gets used every day, and has a features suite that is unmatched. Our customers travel the globe, sometimes have emergent needs, and are sometimes difficult to understand in text or bad voice connections. Being able to reliably remote into their computer to assess and resolve the situation is priceless.
ConsIt has a cost for as many techs as we have on staff, but it is worth it.
January 28, 2019
Stephen C.
Systems Analyst Associate
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
August 15, 2017

“Excellent remote assistance and queue management for tech support teams.”

OverallBetter than VNC, RDP, remote assistance or many other remote connection software options for its ability to deploy and scale cross-platform, as well as usability for non-techs who need to be able to access customer computers.
ProsDeployable "JumpClient" makes remote connecting to customers a breeze. Remote requests prompt users and the Representative Console makes sorting through new requests and finding users to connect to very easy.
ConsHonestly, this is nitpicky, but the name. We've had Bomgar implemented for over 2 years but we still get "concerned" emails about this aggressive-sounding software "popping up" in the system tray of user's computers. Education is helping, but there really is no great fix for that, and you can't really fault the creator for using his unique surname for the great product.
August 15, 2017
Keith A.
IT director
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees
September 9, 2019

“Review”

OverallIt allows us to help both staff and non staff remotely to fix their computers.
ProsIt is very easy for me to have user download/run the remote software.
ConsSetting up jump points doesn't always work well.
September 9, 2019
Josiah F.
Director of Technology
Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

“Best remote software”

ProsEasy and quick to get into a customer's computer to provide assistance
ConsUnable to integrate with our CRM Could use a few more features such as computer health monitoring and magnet links to pinned computers
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Comprehensive Remote Assistance”

OverallI appreciate Bomgar for what it does. I can connect to another users machine fairly quickly and remotely when issues arise, and for the most part, other than when admin credentials are required, I am able to handily resolve any issues. I know that there are other products that do similar functions, and even one or two that I prefer more, but we licensed this software for company use and it is perfectly adequate.
ProsWhat I like most is that it works exactly like it should, which is connect me to office users so that I can handle computer issues remotely. Once I am connected, I am good to go as far as accessing another computer. I like that it runs through a web portal for ease of use when I am not directly connected to our network.
ConsThere are some small, glitchy things, like when I want to email the link to another staffer, I have to copy and paste the link into an email instead of just clicking on the button that self-generates an email. Another thing, which I don't think Bomgar can really do anything about as it is more about security settings on our devices, is that when I am installing software or making changes on a computer remotely, and those actions require administrator login, but the remote link blocks you from seeing what the issue is, and you are temporarily disconnected without really knowing why.
November 27, 2018
Jason H.
Real Estate Sales Associate
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Bomgar Enables an Organization to Instantly Respond to Its Users”

OverallUsing Bomgar has greatly increased our ability to support our users and reduce phone calls to our service desk.
ProsI love the out-of-the-box ability to route chat sessions based on preset conditions. We have Bomgar integrated with Canvas. Based on a user's role in Canvas, we can route a chat session to appropriate personnel (the routing happens on the Bomgar side). For example, if teacher initiates a chat session, then that person is routed to a different support channel than if a student were to initiate the chat session. This integration is only possible because Bomgar provides an API allowing 3rd party integrations.
ConsMy biggest complaint is the lack of ability to customize the color of the send button in the chat window. Its default is orange which clashes with our institution's primary color of green. I hope Bomgar provides a method to edit the color of this button.
November 13, 2018
Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Computer Hardware, 5001-10,000 employees
April 22, 2018

“Bomgar is a great remote desktop tool!”

OverallThe benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with an IT team via the messaging tool. Other benefits of using Bomgar include being able to remotely control another users system. Additional benefits of Bomgar include real-time display when remotely accessing another users computer. More benefits of using Bomgar include being able to communicate with internal networks. Overall, Bomgar is comparable to TeamViewer but much easier to navigate.
ProsBomgar allows the user to forward an email invitation to remotely access another users computer. Bomgar's user interface is relatively simple to navigate or access. Restricted views do not apply for individuals with elevated authorization. Bomgar is easy to learn for intermediate information technology users. Bomgar allows user to remotely access users mobile, computer, laptop, or virtual desktop.
ConsBomgar allows users to input IP address to access computer, unsure whether the client saves the IP address. Bomgar is featured with additional information as it relates to the user such as system information. Furthermore, as a user it is unsure whether if the client such as Bomgar stores that information. Bomgar accesses users computer system through firewall, thus overwriting the firewall capabilities of Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10. According to the Bomgar's Privacy terms, Bomgar collects information for third parties and as a user the clarity regarding third party data is unclear.
April 22, 2018
Katherine F.
Head of Sales
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees
February 17, 2018

“Best thing is connection fast, fast at Bomgar.”

OverallBomgar is a very good software, it has too many excellent and lucrative functions that complement very well the long distance remote connection, the only factor that affects are the prices but I trust that at some point the plans for a better accessibility will decrease. Bomgar has helped me a lot in business, since I can connect with my employees to provide support and other things.
ProsThe best thing about Bomgar is the speed of its connection, it can be anywhere in the world, in any country, and in the same way, provide a support with a fast connection and without connection drops, the stability in this software is the factor that has given you the most life.
ConsI do not like that Bomgar has high prices, since the intention of this software is to help connect from any place or device and give distant support, but the prices of the plans do not allow accessibility, if the mission is help, I would like lower the prices so high.
February 17, 2018
David Y.
Editor and Designer
Publishing, 1-10 employees
September 14, 2019

“Great Solution for Remote Support Service”

OverallMy overall experience with BeyondTrust Remote Support has been extremely positive. Gone are the days of long and confusing phone calls in which a tech support person on the team attempts to "walk" a user through a problem with their computer. With BeyondTrust, it's like having tech support sitting at your desk even though you might be hundreds or thousands of miles apart. If your organization employs remote staff, it behooves you to use this solution for troubleshooting purposes. It will pay for itself in very little time.
ProsWe are part of a larger parent organization that owns multiple businesses. Tech support is managed via an independent contractor. Because most of the staff work remotely across different cities, it simply is not possible to have in-person tech support. This is where BeyondTrust (formerly Bomgar) has been essential. I cannot express how easily it is to have live tech support across different locations using this solution. Our tech support representative sends an invite to our laptop. Once we accept the invite and give permission (via an onscreen dialogue box), the technician has full control of our laptop and all screens. While this is happening, the tech can, via a chat box, ask questions or make requests (e.g., he might open a program that requires our password). Best of all, if the technician makes changes that require a reboot, the remote session remains live. Thus, no need to reestablish the remote session with each reboot.
ConsI cannot think of a single con with regard to using BeyondTrust. It meets and exceeds all expectations from my (user) perspective.
September 14, 2019
Elizabeth C.
Analyst
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
August 15, 2019

“Puts my mind at ease”

OverallLike I said, we use Bomgar for IT. Since our company is spread out across the US and in various countries across the world, this system helps resolve issues remotely without the need of a person to come check IT issues on our computers- this essentially saves time!
ProsI use Bomgar whenever I have an IT issue. I call our IT and open a Bomgar session. It's very simple to open. It allows IT to access my computer remotely. We both have the ability to control the computer. Typically I will type in my username and password for a program and the IT specialist will be able to see the issue I have on my computer and troubleshoot it. I remember when we would have to call IT and explain everything in extreme detail and then IT would tell us what to do. It's not always easy to follow instructions over the phone, especially when it's technical. This takes me out as the middle man, so IT can directly fix my computer from their own location.
ConsHonestly, there's nothing I don't like. I would just recommend closing out of anything confidential before allowing someone else to see your screen.
August 15, 2019
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
September 19, 2018

“Awesome Value for Money!”

OverallCommunicating with external customer in efficient way and reducing the support calls and communication count by helping user efficiently. User satisfaction is increasing with ease
ProsAll customers are not within in your intranet for which you can use some sort of intranet communication tool and then you need something like this which is so seamless you would be astonished. Forget about low bandwidth in the customer end this allows you to connect people from the most remote places. You can take control of external user and do almost everything what you want the users to do. This not only saves time by reducing communication but also keeps the user happy by not walking through the unwanted application specific steps. You can specify what level of access to end user's computer the support team will get which is a awesome feature.
ConsThe pop up window comes out of no where can be little annoying. I will prefer some sort of message before sudden pop up comes up. Some apple ios specific issues was there which has been reduced with every release.
September 19, 2018
Nathan S.
Clinic Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“It just works”

OverallIf you are in an industry requiring frequent remote desktop connections--especially if troubleshooting and providing support for other users--Bomgar is an excellent choice.
ProsBomgar provides an extremely easy solution for connecting to client computers for troubleshooting and support. I love that the remote user doesn't need to have any technical skills to initiate the connection. Ultimately it's just about ease for the clients, and this software provides it.
ConsTo be honest, I haven't had any real issues with Bomgar. Maybe once or twice a client's computer had trouble using it on an old Internet Explorer connection, but that was not Bomgars software at fault. No real complaints.
December 4, 2018
Jamie S.
Helpdesk Specialist
April 14, 2018

“I have used a plethora of Remote support software and this is by far my favorite”

ProsEasy to install, easy to use. Great features and I like how you can organize your 'pinned' sessions. You can draw on screen for customers, access registry behind the scenes, transfer files and chat.
ConsI really have very little complaints about this software. The biggest annoyance is if the pinned software does not work and you reinstall, it puts multiple instances of the software in Programs and Features and they do not include a utility for uninstalling. Also, if an end user installs bomgar, it prompts for the UAC but if the user clicks no, it installs anyway which is a minor annoyance; why not just prevent the UAC if admin is not needed for the install?
April 14, 2018
Scott J.
Senior Systems Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2017

“Overall a Great product with Great support”

OverallEasy Remote Support of my users
ProsThey have a great product that makes remote support easy to do. The tool is filled with features that enable you to connect to your user and support them totally. They include chat, Remote desktop, VoIP, direct file transfers and many other types of connections between you and your end user. This product has helped make my life as an Admin much easier. And it is Linux Friendly too so you are free to run whatever OS you want to connect to your users. It traverses a wide array of network topologies as well making seemingly impossible connections possible.
ConsIt can be a little on the costly side. With all the features available to you the configuration of all those features can get complicated when you get into some of the advanced scenarios.
December 12, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 4, 2018

“We use this in a customer support capacity and LOVE it.”

ProsWe absolutely love the utter simplicity of using this tool with clients and employee's alike. The tool itself is extremely focused, and meets every need we have for screen share's for example, with clients, stakeholders, and even localized IT support. I also use this personally for some cloud development projects, and it allows me to connect from ANYWHERE, which is a great plus!
ConsSometimes I find it can be a little big laggy with more detailed information being shown on screen, but overall it would be the same as any other product in this category - more influenced by network conditions than the application itself. Sometimes, I have issues connecting, and have to restart my PC, but I suspect this is a windows 10 update issue, not with the product itself.
October 4, 2018
Aimee G.
Admin
July 11, 2017

“Great support tool”

ProsMy software company uses Bomgar to remotely support our customers. Using this tool we are able to send a user a support link that they then click on to install a small client. This allows us to view their screen in real time to remotely resolve their issues. It is a great tool for both support and training. My IT team likes that you can pin servers to access at their convenience.
ConsPricey but you get what you pay for
July 11, 2017
Greg A.
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
August 30, 2019

“Beyond Trust is the cadillac of remote support”

OverallI have been using the product for over a decade and have moved from physical appliance to virtual appliance over that time. The customer support is superb, they can solve any of the issues that I may encounter in unique situations.
ProsEverything! There are so many features and functionality with the product that it's hard to list everything that is great and functionality is always being enhanced. The easy of installation and remote insight from locally installed console makes the product very easy to use.
ConsThe product is more expensive than other alternatives, there is a flat fee to begin with and then ongoing maintenance support.
August 30, 2019
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 12, 2019

“Easy to Use”

OverallA lot of the businesses I work with are Dental offices. And I troubleshoot different software issues. I use this system on the daily to remote into my client's computers and help resolve their issues. This has been one of the easier remote client tools to use. It's not only easy for me as a troubleshooting technician but for my client's as well.
ProsThis software is easy to use. It allows for easier communication with clients. I work with Dental offices and sometimes have to share the client's screen. This has been one of the easiest remote client software systems to use
ConsThere isn't really anything negative to say about this software.
March 12, 2019
Justin N.
TSC
Retail, 501-1000 employees
October 30, 2018

“Bomgar Review ”

ProsHow easy it is for an IT user to start up a session with a client just with a session key. Having the ability to set up two step verification when a user signs into the software for security purposes. A support user can remote into a clients machine that is inside or outside of the network with ease. Using this remote software makes my IT support job a whole lot easier than telling the client what and how to do it instead of just doing it for them while I explain what i'm doing.
ConsApple doesn't allow any remote support for Bomgar. Sometimes when I use the Bomgar jump portal i'll randomly get kicked out of the session and then have to reconnect to the clients machine. Sometimes after a reboot i'll have to reconnect to the remote session instead of Bomgar staying connected. The message box could use more functions such as the ability to transfer files.
October 30, 2018
César Darío M.
User Support Specialist IV
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
June 15, 2018

“ It's a very robust tool that allows my team to support our clientele above and beyond ”

Overall All our new technicians can pick up how to use this software really quickly. This is great because user support roles are pretty high turnover.
Pros- The representative console: that's what the interface is called for technicians. This is a very user friendly, easy system to use. Very intuitive, making the system have a much lower learning curve for a new technicians. - The amount of tools available for the technicians
Cons Apple products are not well supported on bomgar. That's because of Apple's restrictions, not Bomgar's- But it is definitely a detractor if you have lots of Mac and iPhone users.
June 15, 2018
Becky B.
Software Analyst
May 4, 2018

“Bomgar is reliable, secure, and I couldn't do my job without it!”

OverallI am able to connect to client workstations and servers and resolve issues so much more efficiently than trying to handle things with alternatives that are not as secure or reliable.
ProsI like (and need) the ability to connect directly to clients workstations and transfer files to and from our machines in a fast, secure way.
ConsI wish there were an easier way to elevate privileges, especially when connected to a client machine that you know you have an administrator account on. This works about half of the time but I have not been able to find any documentation on exactly how it works in order to know what it requires.
May 4, 2018
Robert V.
Help Desk Manager
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
October 5, 2017

“Best functionality and least problematic Help Desk software ever!”

OverallEverything I hoped.
ProsI like everything about Bomgar! We support Microsoft, Apple and other platforms and use Bomgar to connect to all of them. It works! It's fast! It's simple, and doesn't scare customers. We push it to user's computers registered on the Domain, and use it multiple times a day to resolve issues. Our customers who used to demand we show up in person are now happy to let us remote and fix the issue quickly. They can show us the problem instead of trying to describe it.
ConsI wish it were free, and never had to be upgraded, but neither of these desirables are deliverable.
October 5, 2017
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees
May 29, 2019

“REVIEW ON REMOTE SUPPORT”

OverallMy experience and usage worths it's price and use by me and my entire team and the world @large.. It helps me sends automated support at definite time interval for support and help when the need arises
ProsMy experience with this software had been wonderful... The flexibility of the app, easy access,and the entire developer options makes it convenient for me to use and I admire not a lot.. And for IT technicians like we.. It helps us remote support from one computer to another viaba console to another computer
ConsMy least love for the software is the content writing action of the app
May 29, 2019
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2019

“The awakening of our remote support program!”

OverallI am really happy with this software - it has met many of our needs and if not, customer support is always one click away.
Pros1. Multiple ways to establish connection users' computers 2. An abundance of tools that can be used to provide support 3. Extremely user-friendly for technicians - intuitive for reps and clients 4. High-end customer support for administrators
ConsI am really struggling to come up with one but I suppose the cost of the software could count as a 'con.' It is quite expensive - but totally worth every penny if you want to bring your remote support to the next level.
January 8, 2019
Banking, 11-50 employees
November 21, 2018

“Bomgar Review ”

OverallOverall, its a great tool and if utilized to the right extent, can be a very important part of your day to day. It gives people the chance to do their research and even solve issues without leaving their office and can move on to the next client right away.
ProsWhat I like most about Bomgar is it gives me an easy way to connect to my clients PC and saves me time, instead of making trips out to the client, I can do the same thing from my office now.
ConsWhat I like least about Bomgar is, its is not very user friendly to a not so tech savy person. I find a lot of clients are confused on what to do on their end or how to get the session started. There maybe needs to be more clear and better instructions on the client side to run the software without issues.
November 21, 2018
Cynthia R.
Customer Service Representative
Information Services, 10,001+ employees
November 8, 2018

“My Experience with Bomgar”

OverallI use Bomgar in business.
ProsBomgar is super easy to use and very helpful. In my company we use it to connect home workers with tech support. Being able to let a remote techie request and control the agents computer saves tremendous downtime and cost that would otherwise be incurred without it. It is definitely my go- to at work when I am having technical issues with my computer. I just log into Bomgar and a tech gets my permission and take over and solve the problem.
ConsI really don't have a negative for this software. If I just had to split hairs, so to speak, I would say the chat window is very small and can be a bit difficult to see. Outside of that, there is really not a negative I have. Keep in mind that I am on the receiving end of things. I can initiate a Bomgar session but I don't have to actually maintain the software or do anything technical with it.
November 8, 2018