BizLibrary Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5
4.7/5

About BizLibrary

BizLibrary is a leading provider of online learning for growing organizations. Our award-winning microlearning video library contains more than 7,000 lessons and engages employees of all levels. Our learning technology platform is a progressive catalyst for achievement. Partnered with our expert Client Success and Technical Support teams, clients are empowered to solve business challenges and impact change within their organizations. Learn more about BizLibrary

Susan M.
HR Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“Many changes, all for the better.”

OverallIf you need a good resource, that is not just going to YouTube for training videos this is right for you. I have been using them for 4 years, but at a hefty increase in price for years 4-6. They will say its all about how much added content they added and new platform, which is true, but for those who joined when they were much smaller are saddled with the high cost now they are growing.
ProsThe quantity of the training courses is immense and it is always growing. The platform changed a few years ago, so they aspire to do great things to make it easy for a company to integrate the training both culturally to your company as well as satisfy regulatory compliance. The online chat is very easy to use, and the help you get is always quick and spot on with your issue. The quick videos for things like MS Excel and other software training work great for the medium to advanced user, so you can see a good video on that specific issue without having to plow through a whole session.
ConsThe platform changed two years ago, which was tough for my admin users to get the hang of it, as they were provided training on the new system, but the old system still controlled some of the features. This caused much confusion in my company. The support folks think that I have hours to work on the system, learning and trying new things, but the whole reason you use a third party vendor could be that you do not have time to spend on the system. The consultants call, schedule follow ups and all it does is make me frustrated that I do not have time to do 'homework' on the system. My biggest complaint is that the price was reasonable for my first three year contract, then they increased the price which I just called and told them to forget the contract. They ended up working with me, but the services were very truncated to get it to a reasonable price.
January 9, 2018
Victoria C.
Employee Development Manager
Utilities, 201-500 employees

“Gets results”

OverallEasy implementation (3-4 months with Single Sign On for 350 licenses), wonderful support from day 1 and ongoing continuous contact with staff. Our employees, from day laborers through executives, love it.
ProsFrom both and administrator and a user standpoint, the platform is very easy to use and has so much variety in content and delivery that it easily meets our L&D needs.
ConsIt's difficult to find something I don't like but if I have to pick something I'd say there are times where I submit ideas or concerns and that input is "not on the roadmap". Now, to be fair, many of my ideas are embraced. I'd say I feel my ideas are put into action 80% of the time where I am "not on the roadmap" 20% of the time.
Sandy R.
Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations
Government Relations, 201-500 employees
April 20, 2017

“Biz Library fan in Wisconsin”

OverallThe most provable ROI with this program is in the form of MS Office training, providing options for on-site training rather than spending the time and money sending employees to off-site training and all the expenses that accompany the effort. If this was the only training this program provided, it would be worth the investment. That being said, there are so many other hard and soft skills available for intermittent needs and personal performance improvement efforts. As an HR Director, this is not the first on-line program I have utilized, so I know from experience what the competition offers and how much greater value exists with BizLibrary. I have supported continued renewals of our contract based on not only the product, but the exceptional customer service and support after the sale. Top-notch company!
ProsEase of use. Short, potent messages when appropriate. Ability to stop the program and return when time is available.
ConsN/A
Recommendations to other buyersTry it. Give the program a test-run to see what is available. Employees who complain because they don't have the opportunity to participate in training no longer have excuses. That doesn't mean they'll stop complaining, but the company can certainly demonstrate a good-faith effort.
April 20, 2017
Henry P.
Training Manager
Entertainment, 201-500 employees

“Training Manager”

OverallI have been working with BizLibrary for a couple of years now. The team has been very supportive of our program and have helped to drive us to be one of the higher rated BizLibrary users. The transition from the old operating platform to the new one took some time to get used to, but I like the newer platform much better than the old. There is much more functionality in the new platform, especially in reporting. Alex Manolis has been wonderful since taking over as our Client Success Consultant and is an asset to your company. The video quality has gotten better the last year or so. Many video's in the past felt like they had a 1980's feel to them, and this was conveyed to me by our staff and management. Many of the new video's have better production and content and many have comedy mixed in which I love. Overall I am satisfied with the quality and quantity of video's in your library and have a great support staff to help your clients.
ProsHuge video library that is constantly updated, easy to use from the staff side, good reporting tools
ConsBetter platform transition training--webinars, video's on functionality of the new platform, etc.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work!
John G.
Director, Human Resources
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

“There are none better!”

Overall1. overall training management for the enterprise; 2. robust platform that is rarely down--dependable; 3. Large-company capability for small-company price--great value; 4. Responsive management team that has partnered with me over the years; 5. Top-notch Customer Success Manager, Melissa Hebert. Without Melissa we would be much less successful.
ProsIt is robust--there are features and benefits that make it flexible, responsive and dependable. It gets better and more refined each year.
ConsThere are still some kinks where improvement can be made. The external training process (request, approval, monitoring) is not transparent and it is cumbersome, for example.
Jennifer R.
Director of Training & Financial Systems
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees

“Biz Library LMS Fan”

OverallBizLibrary has allowed our Organization the platform to house customers content and track results! It has offered our employees additional continued growth in personal and company development.
ProsClient Success Managers really work with you and your organization to ensure that the software meets my organization name. In the 3+ years we have worked with the system they are continually evolving to meet their client needs.
ConsDeactivated Learners - wish there was an easier way to move from teams and make inactive
Nicole T.
Training Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
December 12, 2017

“Great content, LMS needs a little work”

ProsThe content is wonderful. There are over 7,000 courses in their library and they have a large range of topics. You can also add your own courses and track easily through the LMS.
ConsSome of the LMS features aren't quite functional yet. For example, you cannot set a recurrence for a course so it will automatically assign itself to the user after a certain amount of time. There are also some issues with registering for instructor-led training. Overall though it's a good system.
December 12, 2017
Angela D.
Training & Development Specialist
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
April 18, 2017

“BizLibrary helps structure our training content”

OverallI feel that our LMS in BizLibrary keeps getting better! We are able to combine custom content with off- the-shelf content that covers just about any topic needed...we are finally able to create a paperless training program that allows us to be more consistent with onboarding and training at all locations that are spread across the country. The Certifications option is great because we can determine right away who has completed our training requirements.
ProsIt is easy to use: uploading and managing custom content is fairly simple and there is a large variety of off-the-shelf content to choose from.
ConsSometimes the reporting has too many options, which makes it a bit harder to search the right report.
Heather S.
Training and Communication Coordinator
Printing, 201-500 employees
June 21, 2017

“BizLibrary enhances our training program with great content and an easy to use platform. ”

ProsBizLibrary is a well rounded solution. The content is up to date, the platform easy to use and the support team uses client feedback to make improvements. The BizLibrary team stays on top of current research and helps clients deliver the best training available.
ConsSome aspects of the system are still clunky on the admin side. I know this is a work in progress and look forward to fully updated functionality throughout the site.
Brandon G.
HR Generalist
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
April 25, 2017

“The Education Program That Allows Users to Enhance Their Learning Experience”

OverallI really enjoy my client rep. I've also worked with many folks from the support team. They are fast & responsive. BizLibrary offers users the ability to search and find subject matters that they are looking for by using an interactive search tool. Wonderful library of content, with a large variety type of classes.
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to have the feature to clear all bookmark data by year for the entire company, rather than by each course. We have multiple required classes that we do annually, and it is rather cumbersome and hard to remember to update it every year.
Jenny K.
HR Assistant
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“The Buzz on BizLibrary”

OverallWe have had great success with BizLibrary! It is easy for our employees to use and we've had great reviews from them. We would love for BizLibrary to get into the Higher Ed arena with required training such as VaWa, Title IX, FERPA and the list goes on. Other than that, we are completely satisfied.
ProsEasy to use as an administrator and as an end user.
ConsThe required training for Higher Ed is not available.
Recommendations to other buyersno thank you.
James H.
Sr. Manager of Talent Development
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5001-10,000 employees
January 24, 2019

“Big Value for small Training Team using Microlearning”

OverallThe value for quantity of reliable content was our biggest driver to purchase and we are satisfied at the current market price.
ProsHuge library for value. It allows us to address many needs in an environment where that are lots of opportunities for training. Videos and Tools are easy to find and use, so that is a plus in our 'developing' learning ecosystem. Managers and employees find it easy to apply for in-person and group training.
ConsSome video groups are not suitable for a global audience (too 'cheeky' or American Centric) so it takes extra time from our team to vett what we recommend, but we quickly developed our 'go to' options. Courses are retired regularly so this can be an issue when we build our favorite training videos into long-term/recurrent programs.
January 24, 2019
Anthony R.
Sales
Media Production, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“Fantastic !!!”

OverallAmazing resource for small businesses!
ProsBizzLibrary is an incredible resource for our company, since we have been using BizzLibrary our efficiency in the office has increased dramatically.
ConsI have very little negatives to say about BizzLibrary, I personally am not a computer wiz so it took me about todays until I got the hang of it.. Most of the office had the hang of it after 2 hours.
December 14, 2018
Kasie T.
Enterprise Learning Coordinator
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees

“Love BizLibrary”

OverallI really enjoy discovering everything that is in BizLibrary. Constantly making new discoveries and finding the things I am looking for in there. It's so much fun!!!! Someone will ask for a particular type of training and I will almost always find something about that topic in BizLibrary. The service is so helpful. No pressure, no demands. Help when you need it, suggestions when you don't need anything.
ProsNumber of topics, the level/quality of the videos.
ConsThe price. I would love to buy licenses for everyone and let them loose in BizLibrary but being a government agency we just don't have that kind of money for videos yet (hopefully we will in the future.)
Stephanie O.
Senior HR Generalist
Publishing, 51-200 employees
April 9, 2018

“This is a great software offering a large amount of training opportunities to our staff”

OverallLess time for folks to be aware from the office getting training. There are thousands of courses to choose from so it has made learning easier and more manageable for our staff.
ProsWe have a dedicated account rep who really cares about us getting the most value out of their services. We meet via phone with her monthly and she is always making suggestions how initiatives we can create to get our staff more brutalization of the system. We like that we can setup workflows and our managers can go into the system and assign training videos to their staff, making them mandatory and setting a deadline on when they must be completed. We have added a video series to our new managers training program, and we have gotten good feedback.
ConsWe had a manager ask if we were able to upload our own training videos under our employer account so our staff could review them. This is not a function available but would be great to see in the future.
April 9, 2018
Thomas H.
Talent Development Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
August 18, 2017

“Superb support and true partnership”

OverallThe BizLibrary content library takes the load off me from having to create this varied learning content in-house.
ProsThe selection is great, meaning, lots of topics and many modalities for the video content. The production team is constantly producing/releasing new content.
ConsSince we use BizLibrary content in a 3rd party fashion I would like to see enhancements surrounding users like us.
August 18, 2017
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
September 27, 2018

“Great option for online training”

Overallcost savings for training in general - awesome solution for e learning.
ProsI like that there are so many options - - they have micro learning options that are short and to the point, but then there are longer format, more in-depth options too. You can find exactly what you need, for the amount of time you have. And it supports mobile which is such a great option for people in the field!
ConsProbably the only con for my organization is the web based concept. When in the field, if there is down time, it would be great to have some micro learning available as a time filler, but usually my people are fairly remote so connectivity can be an issue. That's just the nature of our work.
September 27, 2018
Mike S.
Compliance Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Unspecified
November 24, 2015

“A comprehensive LMS system with great content”

ProsBizLibrary gives you a relatively easy to use and fully functional LMS with great content. The staff is always responsive and helpful. If you ask for recommendations they are very helpful. Both their usergroups and annual conference are very good. There is an option to add custom content that allows additional flexibility for my company.
ConsThe system will not let you delete anything, which has turned out to be a good thing in the end; but archiving data can be a little cumbersome for occasional users.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely consider BizLibrary if you are looking for and LMS.
November 24, 2015
Edie I.
Manager of Training and Organizational Development
Executive Office, 501-1000 employees

“Biz Fan for Life”

OverallI came into a situation where there was absolutely no training plan or program had it not been for Bizlibrary I wouldn't have been able to accomplish what we have now. We have an academy for our leadership team at two of our businesses and it is the resource we use to grow and learn. Our employees have loved it.
ProsIt is extensive in its topics and the reports it provides are amazing. I also love the monthly support calls. It keeps me focused and moving forward
ConsI wish they had more hospitality and entertainment industry training topic.
Recommendations to other buyersI would like to see a few additional training options for training managers to attend. Right now I believe the Align Conference is the only opportunity for us to get trained on the use of Biz Library in a face to face, hands on type training, This would be helpful to have a quarterly training or even just twice a year. I would also like to see some interactive learning tool options with the cell phone and texts.
Shirley A.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 501-1000 employees

“New to Biz Library”

OverallWe are using in for several different business needs and the platform is flexible enough to accommodate our needs
ProsWe have been using the software for about 7 months and are still learning about all of the features. The platform is fairly user friendly and intuitive.
ConsThe reporting side needs some tweaking so that we can customize
kristen d.
VP of Org Dev
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
April 18, 2017

“I appreciate the support from customer representative”

OverallThe customer representative makes the difference for me! She is always there to help me and support our needs. The admin side is not strong and the communication of changes can be a bit overwhelming - she is always great to our team
51-200 employees
July 7, 2018

“Great Content”

ProsContent is relevant for today's world. Videos are proper length to get lots of insight, without getting bored. Presenters are fantastic
ConsI like pretty much everything about the videos. There are a few videos that can become boring, but I think that is based more on subject material, not production or presenters.
July 7, 2018
Molly B.
Director, Learning and Development
51-200 employees

“Biz Library for Aldera”

OverallWe use Biz Library often at our company. We get great feedback from the users. It has helped us with day to day education, as well as filling the need for individualized training plans. We love our rep!
ProsThe variety of courses.
ConsI would like the reporting to be more flexible. For example, be able to save report selections when you need to run the same report on multiple individulas.
Recommendations to other buyersN/A
Chris W.
Learning Manager
Automotive, 201-500 employees
February 28, 2019

“Lower cost content provider that's not ready for enterprise or corporate levels.”

OverallThis system makes me wish I were an Octopus so I could give it 8 thumbs down. Watch a demo, UI/UX is terrible. They have a lot of content and cost is the biggest perk to this system. It's cheap but you'll get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor before they lock you into an extended contract and negotiate a 90 day trial with them. Odds are they wont do it but if my warning isn't enough then see 1st hand how this LMS will make you swear under your breath...
ProsIt's cheaper than most and has a lot of content
ConsWhere do I start... As an Admin for the system at our company I've seen 1st hand how poor the LMS tools are. You will find screens that aren't intuitive and wildly more complex than they need to be and still fail to deliver the information you need. Assigning content to multiple users requires you to use a separate system to build the curriculum. It's disconnected and problematic. This system will cause you frustration and the UI/UX is could be a case study for what not to do.
February 28, 2019
Molly M.
April 18, 2017

“Customizeable Platform for Multiple Domains”

OverallI have had experience with BizLibrary twice. First, with an organization in the manufacturing industry. There we used the LMS for all employees. The LMS had intuitive reporting tools and training tracking. We were also able to publish customized content specific to our company. The amount of courses available on safety, wellness, and office environments was impressive. BizLibrary helped us stay in compliance in many areas. The second experience I've had with BizLibrary is currently happening. Now in the IT industry, the needs and use of the platform is completely different than my previous organization, but it still delivers. There are many courses that provide credits for professional certifications that are useful for our employees. We utilize BizLibrary for a select number of users to provide specific career growth opportunities. These comprehensive programs have allowed us to grow staff in cross-functional ways. The recently updated platform is mobile friendly and easy to use both for users and administrators alike.
Matthew D.
LEARNING & Development
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees

“Biz-library ”

OverallWe use this dailey. Not sure what we would do without it
ProsThe support from the Biz team is always awesome. They will even customize content for us.
ConsThere are a lot of options for content. This is a great problem to have.
Amy U.
HR Technology Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 1001-5000 employees
June 21, 2017

“BizLibrary has provided us with valuable learning content and has been an overall great partner.”

ProsBizLibrary has excellent customer support and has tailored our package to our company's needs. Their team is always eager to provide best practices to help us fully utilize the resources available to us.
Kristy S.
SVP
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“We Love Biz Library!”

OverallWe implemented Biz Library about 3 years ago to launch a customer service/sales training program with our front line staff. They take 1 course each month and they love it! Managers love that it is easy to use and the training department loves the ease of assigning and tracking courses in the system. Our rep at Biz Library is terrific in helping to grow and expand the program - she helps me with ways to spur interest in the system and creates all the flyers and marketing pieces to assist us.
ProsEase of use; quality of courses
ConsIt is expensive - it is worth it -but can be a hard sell to your Board of Directors
Recommendations to other buyersUtilize the staff at Biz Library to help you get the most out of the investment
Sherry H.
HR Director
Maritime, 1001-5000 employees
August 26, 2019

“Bizlibrary in manufacturing ”

OverallExcellent
ProsThe videos have Lots of blue collar examples
ConsWould like to offer more classroom environments
Marisa S.
HR manager
1-10 employees
August 25, 2018

OverallThanks bizlibrary
ProsLet me start by stating bizlibrary has is nothing but pros great training course strongly recommend to anyone.
ConsNo cons defiantly a great software easy to learn. I cant think of a single con to write about bizlibrary
August 25, 2018
Kim K.
HR Generalist
Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1000 employees
June 23, 2017

“Our experience using BizLibrary has been very positive. The service has been great. ”

OverallShort, engaging, and on-demand learning on a tremendous variety of topics.
ProsEngaging content, easy to access, and tremendous selection of topics to choose from. I like that our customer service representative meets with us on a regular basis to check in and advise us on use of the software.
ConsWe'd like to be able to put a link to custom content/resource groups on our customized BizLibrary login page so users can more directly access this content rather than having to navigate to the content.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 30, 2019

“No better platform for creating and managing a learning platform for Sales training.”

ProsAbility to create and track meaningful training for employees in both sales and customer service.
ConsWas a little difficult to setup. However worked perfectly after we established the learning curve.
April 30, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5001-10,000 employees
September 25, 2018

“Great Library and User Interface”

ProsExpansive library of courses from easy, bite-size courses, to more lengthy, in-depth online courses. Easy to search and download content for our LMS.
ConsNot all the courses are available in SCORM and AICC isn't quite as high of quality and interacts in our LMS a little differently.
September 25, 2018
Mick P.
HR Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
June 23, 2017

“Overall my experience has been good. The ease of acquiring assignment reports could be better.”

ProsThe variety of topics to choose from is very good and most of the presentations are informative. The presentations are short and to the point and don't take a lot of time out of the employee's work day.
ConsI have to watch a course to determine if it answers our needs. Course summaries are insufficient.
Sue P.
IT
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees
September 21, 2018

“Tons of learning sources available for you to learn in business world”

OverallSave time and money to travel for an onsite class. Also, you can manage your own time to take the course during business hours.
ProsThere are plenty of video and e-books available for you to learn in many categories including IT, HR, Business, etc.
ConsMay have to find the right course for you as beginner, intermediate or advance level.
September 21, 2018
Matt M.
Director of Training
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
2.5/5
April 11, 2016

“Great people to work with!”

ProsThe reps seem to truly care about the clients, and do what they can to give them the best product possible.
ConsThe product is not very customizable. Particulary the UX is cumbersome because there are so many options available. Even if you don't need specific buttons/options, they are still shown.
Recommendations to other buyersThis product is built primarily for companies that have a central HR department that control the onboarding and training. This is a difficulty for companies like a franchise.
April 11, 2016
Tommy M.
Instructional Designer
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
April 29, 2016

“Satisfied with BizLibrary”

ProsTheir willingness to work with their clients to reach a compromise.
ConsThe reporting capabilities aren't great. There seems to be a disconnect between User Group and Course Group relationships.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your research. While BizLibrary does everything well, I don't consider them to be great in any one particular area. Like most LMS providers they're jacks of all trades, but masters of none.
April 29, 2016
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2018

“Biz Library - Web Based Learning”

ProsI like the Biz Library is Web Based Learning that is easily accessible. The content is informative and applicable.
ConsAt times when searching for content it can get overwhelming.
November 27, 2018
Sarah R.
HR Business Partner
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
August 31, 2018

“Best training offerings ”

OverallVery useful for HR related topics
ProsThey offer the best variety of video/ webinar training related to my work. Great presenters and topics, which helps me get credits to maintain my certifications.
ConsI like what they offer, and appreciate the email reminders of new trainings that are being offered.
August 31, 2018
Construction, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 8, 2019

“BizLibrary - Content for Training”

ProsGreat selection of content available from their own designers and third party, courses were sized/time correctly, user interface was great.
ConsNot much, an even larger selection of content would be great by you can't fit everyone perfectly.
January 8, 2019
Christopher M.
Credit Manager
Machinery, 501-1000 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great Software for team and Company Wide Training”

ProsThis software is easy to use when our HR Dept. adds learning assignments and tips for everyone to see.
ConsGetting to learn the site itself can be a little tricky to find everything but once you figure it out, its very easy.
July 18, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
December 1, 2018

“One of the best softwares around”

ProsBizLibrary is the best training resources around. I love how they can be used on mobile devices.
ConsI wish there was a way to survey employees with in the service. If it is there, then I haven't figured out how to use it. Overall great product.
December 1, 2018
Jennifer H.
Training Supervisor
August 23, 2017

“Fairly easy to get up and running, only a few hiccups.”

ProsLOVE the BizLibrary created content!! Almost all the content we are putting together for our management curriculum will be BizLibrary productions.
ConsSome courses are terrible, the worst was basically a PowerPoint with a computer generated voiceover. Not the quality I was expecting.
August 23, 2017