CERVIS Ratings

Overall

About CERVIS

Web-based, customizable, volunteer and event management software so you can effectively and efficiently manage your volunteers and volunteer opportunities. CERVIS ensures volunteer info is always up-to-date and easy to find. Create your own volunteer opportunities and post them online for easy online volunteer registration. Track volunteer skills and interests, availability and volunteer hours. Make your volunteer events a success by quickly printing name tags, event sign-in sheets, and more. Learn more about CERVIS

Marci F.
May 19, 2015

“Volunteer Manager Review of CERVIS Volunteer Mgt. Software”

ProsCERVIS truly does everything you need it to do to manage, track and coordinate thousands of volunteers. It is the backbone of what I do as a Volunteer Manager. It is extremely user friendly. I have always received excellent customer support in a timely fashion as well. It is also very affordable!
ConsI really don't have any complaints or things I don't like. The only thing I can think of is you may find at first that some of your volunteers may have a bit of confusion with the Reservation Code feature. You will need to give clear instructions to them on its use. We have been using this feature for over a year now and most volunteers find it user friendly. It allows you to "reserve" volunteer slots for a group and have the volunteers in that group pre-register and fill out their profile on-line, thus saving you and your team a ton of data entry!
Recommendations to other buyersMake a list of everything you would like the software to do. Talk with your development department as well to to see what volunteer activity they would like you to track. Once you have your list, start calling the various software representatives and ask a lot of questions and for a free demonstration. Make sure it can offer you the features you and your organization need to manage your volunteer base and activity effectively. Compare prices! You may not need all the "bells and whistles" that the complete package offers. CERVIS offers different features and pricing to fit your needs. I would also recommend putting in your budget to have 1-2 desk top computers available in your front lobby where volunteers can sign in upon arrival using the CERVIS "Sign In" console. They could also complete their profile on-line upon arrival if they have not done so already. This will save you data entry labor.
May 19, 2015
Michael M.
operations manager
11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“Great program for tracking Volunteers!!!”

OverallGreat volunteer tracking software.
ProsCustomizability is key here, you can make this software do whatever you want essentially. set up multiple locations, make only specific location available for an individual. waivers are built into this software so you don't have to track the paper aspect anymore, the waivers can be 100% percent your companies. we also use this for community service workers as well. this is a great program hands down. geofencing is built in so that people are only able to check in when they are at the designated location which helps to prevent fraud. people can check in from phones and tablets as well a pc's. customer service is great as well, I've never had an issue to date and they have always been very helpful.
ConsThe cons are basically the limitations of the users, if you don't want to put the time into setting up and properly utilizing this reporting software, then it's probably not for you.
June 26, 2018
Camellia C.
Volunteer Coordinator and Development Assistant
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 6, 2016

“Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Metro Atlanta Review”

OverallAfter buying and utilizing CERVIS in February of 2016, our office noticed a significant increase in volunteer recruitment and retention. After only eight months of use, the office was able to integrate not only the development department with the system, but our family services and construction departments as well. The first year of implementation went smoothly, and we are looking forward to another year even more skilled with using the system. Keep up the great work!
ProsThe reporting, data-capturing, and noticeable retention rates after buying CERVIS have been immeasurable to our office. CERVIS has made the volunteer coordinator position one of management with it's hands-off structure for the volunteer coordinator, and more hands-on for the volunteers, making them feel more in control of when they volunteer.
ConsVolunteers have a more difficult time using the system because of all the little steps it takes to register for events.
Recommendations to other buyersMy biggest suggestion would be to streamline the event registration process for volunteers. With all of the little steps to take and buttons to push to get to the right spot, it makes registration more difficult for the volunteers.
October 6, 2016
Camellia C.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2017

“CERVIS has been a game-changer in our office in how we handle our volunteers, programs and more!”

OverallWe are able to turn volunteer coordinating into volunteer management utilizing this system so volunteers can look at opportunities and volunteer on THEIR time rather than us telling them about opportunities that are in OUR time.
ProsWe love the reliability of the customer support team, the features and how much we get to save compared to other volunteer management systems in the market.
ConsThe ease of use for volunteers who do not use the system daily needs work on. We get our most complaints from volunteers who do not like how many steps it takes to register for a volunteer opportunity.
June 7, 2017
Turner M.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 15, 2016

“Habitat Omaha”

OverallOverall very pleased. I would say 75% of our volunteers will use the software. I'm not sure how to remedy this, but lots of our larger corporate sponsors and elder Church coalitions refuse to use the system. I wonder if there was an even simpler version of this program these organizations could use?
ProsCustomer service is quick to respond Economical Straight forward user interface
ConsReturning users can get confused with not initially setting a password Sometimes a phone conversation would be helpful. Completely aesthetics - lots of users joke about the name CERVIS looking very close to CERVIX
September 15, 2016
Jim W.
December 31, 2009

“Home Repair Team”

OverallThis software is a MUST for anybody managing events and volunteers. I would not have the time to run the Home Repair Team if I did not have CERVIS.
ProsI have been using CERVIS to run the Home Repair Team Ministry for my church. I have 60 volunteers that have completed almost 300 jobs for people in our community in the last 18 months. CERVIS allows me to run the entire ministry in a very effecient manner. Once a job request comes into CERVIS I can quickly send an email out to all our volunteers that have the skills to perform the specific job. Rather than send an email to all 60 volunteers, I can use the SEARCH feature in CERVIS to find volunteers that have the exact skills needed. When a volunteer takes the job I can monitor the progress and close out the job when it is completed. Sometimes I have as many as 8 jobs going on at a time. CERVIS allows me to search and review OPEN jobs and follow up on them in a timely manner. I am also able to keep track of hours of volunteer service through CERVIS. CERVIS allows me to find the right volunteer for the job. I would not be able to run our Home Repair Team without CERVIS.
ConsHaven't found any yet.
December 31, 2009
Ken S.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2018

“Cervis Non Profit Review”

OverallExcellent overall experience.
ProsSupport, Easy to use, Functional and productive.
ConsCreation of Reports and forms could be more flexible and personalized.
October 3, 2018
Political Organization, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“Software Doesn't Work for Group Volunteers”

OverallThey did not deliver on what was promised. We do not recommend this software.
ProsThe automatic emails and ease of use for event volunteer registration.
ConsIt does not work for groups and while their customer service is prompt, the software is not customization but it was sold to us that way.

By CERVIS Technologies on October 11, 2018
Hi Ariel, We are sorry that you are not fully satisfied with our software. We serve organizations that range in size from a few dozen volunteers to several hundred thousand volunteers and we strive to offer the best customer service and software experience in the industry. Our group management functionality tends to be a favorite of our larger customers who use CERVIS to manage thousands of groups. We offer more built-in customization options than any other volunteer management platform and we also offer in-depth, personalized training and consulting. We strive to have highly satisfied long-term customers, so our professional, non-commission based, sales staff is very up-front about the capabilities of our software. Our 30-day money back guarantee ensures organizations can cancel their account if it does not meet their expectations. Since you are a current customer, please feel free to reach out to our support team for assistance in utilizing CERVIS to better meet your needs.
September 12, 2018
Dena R.
June 17, 2015

“FAWM CERVIS Review”

ProsIt enables my volunteers to create a profile, view our upcoming opportunities, and sign up online. This relieves a tremendous amount of correspondence on my part.
ConsThere are some parts of the system that could to be tweaked. I'm sure it's difficult to create a "one size fits all" program. I've managed to master the basics and feel comfortable finding my way around. My issue lies more with fault on my end. I have questions and suggestions but have failed to set aside sufficient time to address them. With that being said, I feel it would be unfair to list the (few) complaints I have before trying to seek aid from your customer service.
Recommendations to other buyersInstead of getting excited about the wonderful features offered by CERVIS, ask what your end results are first. What types of things do you currently track? What type of reports do you need to run?
June 17, 2015
Kevin M.
Director of Communications
April 26, 2016

“Make sure it is the right fit for your vertical market workflow”

OverallMake sure you demo the product thoroughly and understand what IS and is NOT customizable for your workflow. We are a large organization (5,000+ volunteers) and had a workflow that was not aligned well to this product. I don't doubt it is the right product for some vertical markets- but ours (public school volunteers) was not one of them. After taking the training (which was very good) and trying to integrate into our workflow and systems with my staff and other departments involved in the workflow- we found it to not handle our needs. After 60 days, I asked for a refund of the unused annual license portion we had used. (Minus the setup and training fee). I was disappointed to hear that Cervis policy did not allow for such.

By CERVIS Technologies on May 1, 2016
At CERVIS, we make every effort to make our software as customizable as possible, but sometimes we are not able to meet uniquely specific needs. We partner with many large organizations (some with over 100,000 volunteers), and CERVIS aligns well with their varying types of workflows. We strive to have highly satisfied long-term customers, so our professional sales staff is very up-front with prospective users about CERVIS¿ capabilities. In this particular instance, after reviewing customer documents, we advised that CERVIS would not be an ideal fit based on their unique workflow, but the customer chose to purchase anyway. We happily offer a no hassle, no questions asked, 30-day money back guarantee. We also offer monthly plans for organizations that are not ready to make an annual commitment. We really appreciate you taking the time to read our software reviews and look forward to discussing your organization¿s specific needs.
April 26, 2016
Niki S.
Asst. Director of A.C.T.S.
April 14, 2015

“Amazing Software with Unparalleled Customer Support!”

OverallCERVIS allows us to efficiently manage and schedule our over 3,000 volunteers needed to staff multiple ministries. It's ease of use and flexibility allows us to customize event listings for whatever needs we have. It is user friendly for both the event organizer and the volunteer. The customer support is amazing and always fast and friendly! We get answers immediately to any technical questions or event organization questions. We love all of the different features that allows us to customize to our needs, whether it be for sending out email reminders for an event, attaching waivers to be filled out, or seeing what size t-shirt is needed. The options are endless! I would highly, highly recommend this program to anyone looking for software to organize and schedule volunteers for events, no matter the size of the event.
April 14, 2015
Susan D.
Volunteer/Food Drive Coordinator
May 3, 2016

“ I cannot recommend this software enough!”

OverallI have managed volunteers for many years and this is by far the best software ever for volunteer management. The volunteers sign up online, choose the events they wish to participate in online and can print out their hours from home online. I know our hours have increased since we started using this software just because we are capturing ALL our hours now. Reports are so easy and also simple to read and understand especially for people not familiar with what managers do. The customer service is fantastic. They get back with me within an hour! Now you just cannot beat that! I recommend this software to EVERY volunteer manager I come in contact with. I could not be happier and would recommend this to anyone wanting to track volunteers.
May 3, 2016
Lynn K.
June 24, 2015

“An excellent tool for recruiting, scheduling, tracking and reporting on volunteers”

OverallI think the improvement made with the page headers (instead of having to go back to the main dashboard all the time) was a HUGE improvement and made it much easier to use on the admin side. I do wish there was a way to archive or close reservation lists as ours is getting a bit unmanageable as we enter our 2nd year. The customer service has been excellent - quick, cogent and helpful answers to all my questions.
June 24, 2015
Jay P.
May 13, 2015

“I work on entering over 100 events a year with CERVIS and managing the volunteer database”

OverallPros: Easy to use, able to identify specific skill levels of volunteers when needed to help out as an official or event manager. Your customer service is well above exceptional! Any time I have requested a change you have completed it in a timely manner and at little or no cost to our organization. Cons: None
May 13, 2015
Natasha P.
February 27, 2015

“Easy to navigate and user friendly”

ProsEasy to enter info. Help section is very detailed. Remembers previous actions.
ConsThe initial cost was debated and we feel it could be less expensive.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm not really sure what to say here. Try it out and see if you like it. It works better than Donorweb.
February 27, 2015
Tom M.
Volunteer Management Associate
February 18, 2016

“Gives the whole organization comfort knowing the information on volunteers is available to all.”

OverallWorks very well overall.
February 18, 2016
Preethi V.
Graphic Design
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“Good software for volunteer management”

OverallGood
ProsMakes it easy to recruit volunteers, schedule their shifts and communicate with them.
Consnothing