STARLIMS Ratings

Overall

About STARLIMS

Abbott Informatics' solutions simplify the complexity of your entire product lifecycle management process. Easy-to-use and adaptable to your organizations needs, the STARLIMS brand of informatics solutions support the rapidly changing data management needs across your organization. Our solutions can integrate with your current systems, while also identifying opportunities to improve processes so you can bring high quality and safe products to market faster. Learn more about STARLIMS

Clinton C.
Research Associate
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
March 25, 2019

“Powerful system”

OverallOverall I enjoy the STARLIMS experience. The software is a powerful system that can run any laboratory in the world.
ProsWhat I like about this software is the ability to track the chain of custody, data integrations, sample management, and the ability to integrate any instrument or module a user seems fit.
ConsSTARLIMS certainly has a learning curve to it. However, what I like least about the software is that some of the out of the box functions are not very user friendly. I feel that a LIMS system needs to be dummy proof. Should be a step by step process that leads you to the finish line. I have ran into an out of the box function that needs a user guided step by step process.
March 25, 2019
Alexander C.
CIO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
February 24, 2017

“Very pleased to have this system”

OverallAs CIO at the National Newborn Screening in Costa Rica, I can assure that Starlims Software is a really good system for labs, we've been using it since 2012 and so far it has been a perfect tool for our day by day activities, the samples process is more efficient and secure since we are using it.
ProsYou can change it as you need, its secure and complex
Conssometimes the performance could be affected by some processes.
February 24, 2017
Irene L.
Principal Engineer
June 30, 2015

“Starlims positioned to be a long term operational solution.”

OverallStarLIMS is a key product in our operations. System is used to capture day-to-day lab activities generated and completed, in addition to provide information to and capture tasks, data from a number of other systems within organization. The product used as an order, workflow, inventory management tool. The product offers a bit of a learning curve and detailed analysis required every time new functionality is deployed. That said our lab users found StarLIMS an incredible improvement over the application we used previously. In addition, StarLIMS offers consistency around UI and behavior. Due to customizable nature of the system we were able to fine tune schema and workflows in-use today to the needs of our users. We are grateful to StarLIMS for staffing our project with people like Marcial Pereira and Julio Duharte. Both are incredible, reliable professionals.
June 30, 2015
Cindy H.
Administrative Officer III
June 25, 2015

“I have seen much improvement over the years.”

OverallI love the fact that everything related to a case can be stored together digitally. As of now, the Maryland State Police is continuing to mostly use the system for evidence tracking. We are slowly branching out to incorporate the analysis and report modules. The one thing that I think needs to be changed significantly is the inventory module. I have expressed concerns with this to Starlims personnel and I believe they have taken my idea into consideration. I think that it should be based on who has custody of evidence rather than the location that has been chosen. If an item of evidence is not assigned a storage location it will never get picked up during the inventory, thus leaving our Dept. vulnerable for misappropriation. Often times I painstakingly verify the location of evidence by using the examiner's "my work assignments" application.
June 25, 2015
Harry P.
Service Management Support & Lims Admin by PRASA
June 22, 2015

“Update Software V9 to V10”

OverallExcelent response by Fernando Kume and Marielyz. The new system is very easy and fast engine. The new process about package (import and export) to repair forms, process or formulas is great!!! The users (35 concurrent) are happy with the new system. Thanks
Carlos T.
LIMS Administrator
June 22, 2015

“User Friendly data management software”

OverallThe system is a very useful software for our site. We have many module integrated with plan process. We can retrieve data, evaluated and take decision using the system in real time. Instrument integration is very easy to configure.
Fernando M.
Chief of chemical laboratory
June 22, 2015

“It is a very complete system. It allows you to have all the information organized in the laboratory”

OverallI am very satisfied with the quality of people and attention when we are provided with technical support. STARLIMS staff is always ready to help and solve all problems that occur daily.
Pablo V.
Product System Analyst
June 22, 2015

“Goos Software. Easy to use and to program”

OverallWe are using this product since 2008. No issues with the installation and since them few problems. All were solved quick and with good results
Florencia R.
Initiation clinical site manager
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees
December 4, 2018

“Lab system”

OverallThe instrument interface is the best part, really useful. I can use for any kind of instrument
ProsThe Management of the system. Everyone can use it, no problem at all.
ConsI think that the software have no cons.
December 4, 2018