Atriuum Ratings

Overall

About Atriuum

Atriuum is a 2016 MLA Platinum Award winning "cloud-based" Integrated Library System designed for any library. Atriuum was built upon the principals of providing easy-to-use library automation software that delivers more customer-driven features, demands fewer technical and financial resources, and uses technical advances such as our stress-free "cloud-based" technology. We believe you won't find a better management system for your library. Learn more about Atriuum

Janine C.
February 6, 2018

“Reliable software and the team at Booksystems is always able to help me when I have questions ”

OverallTime, I save time. I spend less time training, explaining and looking for ways to do something. I can bring someone in and have them checking in and out to patrons in five minutes. I can cross train staff to do pretty much anything this software does so absences do not slow us down. I can import books as I order them making fewer steps in processing for the shelves. If I have a group of items I want to reclassify for circulation, I can do them all at once. I can go on vacation and know that the software team will help them if they are not sure what to do. I could keep going because about once a week we find something else it does that we did not know. I am not saying that training was not good, Atriuum just does so much that it is impossible to take it all in. We went the cheap route on training because of budgetary issues but that did not leave us unable to do everything the software can.
ProsUpdates only add to the software. They do not take away reports that I use or completely change things so I am lost. When you log on after an update you are greeted with a notice and information about what they did and how it can be accessed to help you. Easy to navigate between check in, check out, patron look up. You can also have multiple screens open at the same time to switch back and forth.If your internet is down, the offline checkout takes over and when it comes back up it automatically updates your circulation. A lot of reports and settings are customizable to the user. The OPAC interface has theme controls to change the look for your patrons from season to holiday with good graphics. Easy to add bibs/patrons to the system, Import/export, modify exiting records, batch changes. I can access my system with my smartphone to see if we have a book while shopping and so can my patrons. They are up to date with mobile tech making it easier for my patrons to access their accounts. Customer support is friendly and always helpful. There is no nickle and diming you for every little thing they can do to make their software more functional to you. A lot of settings are helpful with state survey and other reporting to necessary entities. If you are unsure of how to do something, someone is always able to walk you through and hold your hand. This is my 3rd automation software and I will not be looking for a fourth.
ConsI do not like it when I call them to tell them the software should do something and they tell me "it already does" It is a lot to remember because it does so much. I have learned to use my help search.
February 6, 2018
Hope C.
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2016

“Nothing better in my opinion!”

OverallI switched from KOHA 4 years ago. Atriuum is easy to use, customize-able, and customer service has always been helpful and quick to address any problems.
ProsI can run ANY report I want to run. Other softwares are so limiting...if I want to know how my Westerns are checking out, I should be able to run a report. That makes me a better librarian...right?
ConsInitial training is free, but on-site and extra training costs a lot. Worth it, though!
Recommendations to other buyersLearn the features, it's worth the study because they are beneficial - Inventory, Shelf list, text and email patrons, suggestion email, letter mail merge for: expired cards, fines, fees, items out, and overdue items.

By Book Systems on January 24, 2017
Thank you for your awesome review. We appreciate all of our customers and are glad to have you as a customer. Thanks again.
August 26, 2016
Cheryl C.
January 24, 2017

“Atriuum work great for us!!”

OverallWe have used Atriuum for 4 years now and they work on updates and changes to help us keep things running easier.

By Book Systems on January 24, 2017
Thank you for submitting your wonderful review. Be sure to check out or next Atriuum eLearning Webinar: Analyzing & Weeding Your Collection using Atriuum. We love all of our customers and are glad to have you as a customer. Thanks again.
January 24, 2017
Jennifer D.
Program Coordinator
January 24, 2018

“Great customer service and super easy to understand interface. ”

ProsI appreciate the ability to use remotely, when I am not onsite. The variety of reports I can run is excellent as well.
January 24, 2018
Michelle K.
Librarian
Libraries, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Atriuum BookSystems User Review”

OverallI will rate it a B-/C+. It has good capability for showing inter-campus loans or transit information and notes/alerts can be added to student records as well ast item records. The cataloging module does not map the 246 field well on the card catalog view so have to use a 740 field. And subject headings can't be changed in order (these have to be retyped if you are adding a major subject heading and want to put it as the initial subject heading).
ProsThe functionality has increased through the years. It is easy to import MARC records. Many standard templates are available for the staff and it provides many options in a creation of a new report template. It is a handy system for libraries that ship to other system or campus locations.
ConsLack of responsive computer help. I called once and the computer specialist was extremely rude. The system lacks versatility (for example, the user must leave the search screen to see if an item is available for loan.) The public access mode shows the item status but the staff search screen does not. It is found under the individual item record.
September 30, 2019
Kristin R.
February 8, 2018

“Hit the ground running! As a new director with this ILS, I was thrilled w/how fast I was operational”

OverallReally helps me get to know my new library, its collection and its users as a new director. Support team has been SO great.
ProsOnce you get it, you got it. Every minute you spend understanding reports is maximized in what they can do for you.
ConsThe picture of the librarian at Login. Can't we have "actual" Atriuum users here? What library has staff in cocktail dresses and pearls?
February 8, 2018
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
March 30, 2018

“Definitely a great tool!”

ProsStable and easy to use software, new regular updates. It's so simple to keep track of all information entered.
ConsIt' can be a bit confusing at the start as it has so many options and I keep forgetting some. However it gets better with time
March 30, 2018