Stamps.com Ratings

Overall

About Stamps.com

Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP) is a leading provider of Internet-based postage services. Stamps.coms online postage service enables small businesses, enterprises and online retailers to print U.S. Postal Service-approved postage with just a computer, printer and Internet connection, right from their home or office. The Company targets its services to small businesses and home offices, and currently has PC Postage partnerships with Avery, Microsoft, HP, the U.S. Postal Service and others. Learn more about Stamps.com

Tracy O.
August 1, 2019

“Best shipping software for small business shipping”

OverallUsing this software was very beneficial to my business in that I did not have to go to the post office, wait in line with 30 packages, buy postage for each one, get all the delivery confirmation receipts and come back to the office and send that information to each customer. Probably saved me at least 1 and 1/2 hours per day. I have never had a problem with the software, if you do any amount of mailing or shipping, you need this software.
ProsI am an Amazon marketplace seller who uses this software everyday for shipping, books, small retail items, using the US Postal Service as my primary shipper. This software has all of the postal service options and pricing. It has an address check feature and several printing options. Its super easy to use. Very easy to add funds, and many options for that. I tried the competition, this has it all over that, and the monthly fee is reasonable, and also flexible depending on what options you want. I used the scale that they provide for a one time purchase, which works perfectly with the software. Incredible flexibility. You can ship locally, by zone, flat rate, or international, the software even lets you do the international paperwork electronically. Its mostly set up to do postage and shipping through the US Postal Service but they also offer Fedex which is sometimes a better option.
ConsI have used this software for over 10 years and I cannot think of one thing that I would call a con.
August 1, 2019
Blake B.
Ecommerce Product Manager
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2019

“Turnkey point-and-click shipping for novices”

OverallI've set up Stamps.com shipping at several businesses now and it's always the first shipping software I select when setting up a new shipping operation. Ease of use and setup are huge pros for this software
ProsSuper easy to use and setup. You can be shipping your product on day one and having the Post Office deliver products to your customers. Just point n' click!
ConsIt's limited in other software integrations, but by the time you need those, you'll be ready for the next level of shipping software. For the ecommerce entrepreneur shipping from their basement, Stamps.com is all you need.
September 13, 2019
Jessica C.
manager
June 11, 2018

“Great if you like paying for services you can get for free. ”

ProsI have used stamps.com for over 6 years, at about 4 different places that i work, i know its a popular system and easy to use. other Pros if you are a new to shipping, they offer a free 1 month trial and free 5lbs scale, and a pack w sticker sheets, postcard stamps, i believe you just pay for shipping.
ConsPrinting postage for something as simple as postcards is a real nightmare, I really really dislike how the set up is for post cards you have to purchase seperate sheets to print out the postage then stick them 1 at a time on your post cards, this is not efficient, esecially when you have thousands of post cards to send out. another con is the monthly fee. If you are selling on any platform like ebay, etsy, amazon you can purchase postage directly from them, for sometimes less than you can on stamps.com which defeats the purpose of paying a monthly fee for a "discounted shipping rate" Im not a fan, they lure you in w free things but at the end of the day after paying for their special stamp paper and monthy fees we dont save anything in fact im sure we spent more than we needed to.
June 11, 2018
Laurie L.
Author
October 17, 2017

“Makes my work go smoothly and uninterrupted by trips to the post office ”

OverallIn addition be being an author, I also have a home office in which I do legal typing for attorneys in solo practices, which generates A LOT OF PAPER and correspondence. Stamps.com has consistently saved me time, money, gasoline, and having an horrific meltdown from standing in line at the post office. I'm sure other post office customers are relieved also.
ProsIt's quite easy to use, ordering supplies is simple and they arrive within a couple of days at the most. I especially like being able to print mail on either blank stamps or envelopes, and if necessary, print out parcel post mailing labels. It's also very helpful with keeping an online "meter" of my funds balance and allowing for instantly adding to my funds without having to leave the page. This program is one of the best time savers I use.
ConsI use two different printers: an inkjet for printing individual stamps and a laser printer for printing the postage on envelopes, so I have to be careful to make sure the correct printer is indicated for the proper function. Not much of a problem, though, and everything else far outweighs this minor annoyance.
October 17, 2017
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Stop Standing In Line at the Post Office”

OverallVery easy to use. Very cost effective if you have the postage need. It took us several months to begin to recover the costs associated with starting - but we realized our needs would grow and it was better to learn the system while still small than jump into something untested and putting our reputation on the line...
ProsEase of use... Online capability... Free Digital Scale (to weigh your packages and pay accurate postage)... Print your stamps directly from your desktop computer... Schedule a pick up or just "drop off" at the post office...
ConsMake sure your cost basis for using this system includes the monthly fees. When we started, we were actually losing money each month (until our postage expenses rose to meet this need). Be sure to order your replacement stamp sheets well in advance. There is nothing like running out of stamps to print and having to to the post office, only to come back and find your replacement stamps delivered later that day...
November 2, 2018
November 15, 2017

“Great for a simple shipping solution.”

ProsThe ease of signing up and immediately starting to print postage is nice. You can sign up in about a minute. When you sign up, initially for a trial, you receive some sign-up benefits like in free postage and others. Most of the benefits, however, are fairly useless. If you connect an e-commerce account, it can import all of your orders. This is extremely useful to quickly print postage and it will automatically upload the tracking information to your e-commerce account so you don't have to later.
ConsThe monthly fee and difficulty in canceling are the two biggest downsides. It is not too expensive, but you can find other cheaper options if your shipments per month are on the very low end. Another downside is that it logs you out fairly frequently and then takes a while to load each page even when you're logged in (I have a fast internet connection and computer, so I know it's not me). Last downside is if for some reason you damage the shipping label you just printed and have navigated away from that page, there is no way to reprint the label. You have to void that one and print a new one. A refund for the first label won't be given for two weeks at the earliest. This is highly annoying.
November 15, 2017
CRYSTAL P.
VICE PRESIDENT
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“If you don't have Stamps.com yet, get it!”

OverallSaves me time not having to wait at the post office. We use on a daily basis, stamps every day. Maybe, once in 2 to 3 months do we have a user/printer error issue with the printing. Over all, I love it!!
ProsThe Pros of Stamps.com are that you don't have to go to the post office and buy a roll of stamps. You can just put the envelope or stickers in your printer and print them. You get a discount on the cost of the stamp. You can order supplies on line if needed, we just use envelopes and from time to time the stickers for larger envelopes. Customer service has been great!
ConsThe Cons of Stamps.com are if your printer eats your envelope....sometime, you can not hit the reprint button and you have to call it in or send in a form. Doesn't happen that often, and when it does, I call in and they credit my account right away.
April 17, 2019
Nathan H.
June 26, 2018

“Time and Money Saving Software!”

OverallSaves time at the post office, and you get a discounted rate on the labels versus paying at the post office.
ProsEasy to use software. Saves a lot of time at the post office being able to simply drop all the packages off without needing to stand in line to get them weighed. You get a discount on the shipping label prices too! We sell primarily on ebay, and they have their own label system. However, Stamps.com works a lot better printing international labels with our Dymo LabelWriter. It also gives you the additional option of printing labels for an untracked flat or printing stamps. It has been great from Day 1, and I have no plans to stop using it.
ConsI really don't have anything bad to say about this software. We use it on a daily to almost daily basis, and it has been a real time saver.
June 26, 2018
April 16, 2019

“Fantastic. The Best I've Been Able to Find.”

OverallI've been using them for my eBay/Amazon stores for years now. I started with their free 5lb scale they offered to sign up, and have since progressed to my own larger scale and am still using Stamps.com daily for all of my shipments.
ProsIf you have an eBay or Amazon store, you will have access to better and cheaper shipping rates with this platform. The difference between retail rates and the commercial rates offered through this service is huge. Plus, it is very cross-compatible, so you can use Stamps.com in conjunction with another shipping platform to purchase shipping through Stamps.com and then print batches of labels through the other program.
ConsI don't have much to say in the way of negative comments. They are the first commercial shipping provider I tried outside of standard retail rates, and I have yet to find a competitor that offers a better service for a better value. This is the best I've been able to find thus far, that's all there is to it.
April 16, 2019
Jorge A.
Sales
Retail, Self-employed
January 15, 2019

“Easy to use, very straight foward”

OverallI love stamps.com, it made it so easy to determine which was the cheapest and easiest way to send out my packages. Being able to choose the exact amount of postage made sure that didn't spend more than what I needed to on postage. The website was very simple to understand, I would defiantly recommend and reuse the website.
Pros-The website is easy to use -Lets you buy the right amount of postage you need -Description of the of the different service type helps you determine exactly what method is most cost effective and fits you exact needs. -Great for any size business looking to send out mail or packages. -Made shipping my eBay orders a breeze. -They give you a free digital scale to weigh your packages
ConsWould be nice if the would consider selling thermal labels and printers to peel and stick them on packages.
January 15, 2019
Connie C.
Accounting, Self-employed
May 11, 2018

“Great”

OverallI only mail first class letters or print labels on a form 3100 label. I do not need any of the other services. I don't mail packages or boxes.
ProsDon't need to physically go to the post office to buy stamps. Convenient.
ConsCannot list ship to addresses alphabetically, or have not figured it out. Especially if there are more than 1 line for company name, and next line before the street address. Like I have multiple addresses for Internal Revenue Service, 2nd line may be Dept. of the Treasury and then sometimes I don't need that line. Or I have several different addresses for PA Dept. of Revenue, but they are not all together. I have to look through the whole database on which one I want to use.
May 11, 2018
Melissa E.
Adjunct Professor
May 10, 2018

“Well worth the extra pricing”

OverallEasy to use (unless they change something); Saves time!; Love being able to access it 24/7.
ProsOur local post office does not have the best arrangement of parking and drop off box (lots of fender benders over the years), so I love not having to go there in person to purchase postage. I prepare mailings for a local organization and being able to print my own stamps at home at any time saves me so much in time and effort. It is well worth the little extra that I pay for artisan stamp sheets and the monthly stamps.com fee. I appreciate also that the couple of times I had an issue with printing, the customer service representative credited my account and walked me through all the checkpoints to ensure it didn't happen again. The only reason I rated the Features & Functionality as four stars (instead of the five I gave every other category) is because every now and then the site will change and there is a little problem finding everything so I can print like usual. I wish I had more advanced notice of changes like that and maybe even a slideshow or video to show the differences between the old and new sites. I absolutely will continue using this service as it's been well worth the price through the years!
ConsThe only con would be when they make changes and it takes a while to get acclimated to the new site features and such.
Cheryl F.
Administrator
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2019

“Easy desktop post office”

OverallConvenient and a huge time saver for our law office.
ProsHaving used one of the other services that required you to lug a machine to a phone line to reload, I love that everything is right here on my desktop. It works with my printer, I can do the extra services such as certified mail, Priority Mail and so forth without having to go to the Post Office. Huge time saver, great features and history records to track mailings.
ConsThe scales that the Stamps.com sell to work with their software tend to go offline - a lot. I'm on my second one and it seems to be a chronic issue to have to reset the scales.
April 5, 2019
Peter R.
Principal
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
May 10, 2018

“I've been using stamps.com for about 10 years and wish I had started using it 10 years earlier. ”

OverallSaves time and hassles.
ProsIt saves me a great deal of time in addressing envelopes with postage on them and therefore saves me a lot of trips to the post office where I have to stand in a line with 20 people ahead of me. Makes mailing a lot more convenient and a great deal less irritating, which keeps my blood pressure from skyrocketing.
ConsThere's nothing about it I don't like about this software. It seems to load a bit slowly, but I don't know if that's the software or if it's my computer, but it's not a big deal since I usually load it in the morning and leave it running all day so it's ready to go when I need it.
Brian B.
March 26, 2018

“A Lifesaver for Small Business Owners!”

ProsThis software is the answer to every small business owner's nightmare-- going to the post office. With a reasonable monthly cost and every feature you would need to ship, this software saved our small staff hours that we did not have to spend waiting in a post office line. Setup was simple and the software was the most intuitive I have found in the shipping software industry.
ConsWe switched to Stamps.com from another postage-generating software, and Stamps.com was a little more difficult to integrate with our existing software. The technical support was helpful but a little less responsive than we were used to.
March 26, 2018
Frank V.
Webmaster
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2018

“We use Stamps.com daily for all of our mailings and its easy to work with.”

OverallGreat program with little downsides.
ProsThe best thing I like about stamps.com is that I don't have to go to the post office everyday to mail all of our products. All you got to do is open the app and fill in the blanks, print out the labels and stuff them in your mailbox.
ConsAt the Stamps.com's price per month, many users might not get their money worth out of it if they don't do mailings on a daily or weekly basis. Also there is no platform to add up to eight different labels at one filling up one complete sheet. "I believe you can if their name is already in the system - but ABANA does mailing to new members daily)
March 9, 2018
David H.
Senior Accountant
December 9, 2017

“An affordable and practical solution for small busnesses”

OverallStamps.com is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than postage meters such as pitney bowes and still gets you the label or stamp you need right at your desk. So, if you are only mailing a couple hundred items a month, stamps.com is a great solution for your business that will almost certainly save both time and money.
ProsEasy to use and purchase stamps, no requirement to buy in bulk, ability to also weigh and print postage for packages. Can be used anywhere with a printer and computer (no special hardware needed). Costs are easy to track.
ConsWhen compared to a product like the pitney bowes postage meter, Stamps.com falls a little short in terms of printing speed, speed of use, and required supplies (Stamps.com primarily requires you to print onto a label which is then affixed to letter whereas pitney bowes meters print directly onto the envelope).
December 9, 2017
Dana R.
Payroll/ HR Admin
Accounting, 201-500 employees
February 8, 2018

“Very easy and convenient to use.”

OverallThis makes my correspondence look very professional. Everything is printed directly onto the envelop and i never have to worry about running out of stamps and going to the post office. They occasionally have a few issue when their program is unavailable but that happens with everything so I cant fault Stamps for this issue.
ProsI like how professional it makes our correspondence look. Your return address, address, and stamps are printed directly on the envelop. You never have to worry about running out of stamps. If your account balance gets low, you can use your card to load more money to it in just seconds.
November 13, 2017

“Saved us lots of time and money!”

ProsFor a long time, we didn't think we wanted to pay the extra monthly fee associated with Stamps.com, but once we did, there was no turning back! For a business that is regularly sending shipments, it will end up saving you so much time and money. It integrates well with eCommerce platforms and we now use it connected with ShipStation and it helps streamline the order fulfillment process perfectly!
ConsThe interface is not the prettiest and we ran into little glitches here and there, but especially now that we use it with ShipStation, it's really a non-issue.
November 13, 2017
Jonathan M.
I.T. Administrator
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2019

“Stamps.com is an easy and flexible solution for making shipping labels and similar.”

OverallStamps allows us to easily prepare shipping labels to send packages to clientele
ProsStamps.com really streamlines the process of making a shipping label and makes it absurdly easy to be able to send packages to clientele at a moment's notice without needing to wait in line at a post office or similar. A few clicks and it processes payment for you and spits out the labels you need.
ConsIt's a bit dodgy at times if you have printer issues, so making sure you have a well working printer that's not being used by anyone else at the time is a must.
May 31, 2019
Stephen S.
Principal Attorney & Counselor at Law
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
February 18, 2019

“Stamps.com Makes Postage Meters a Thing of the Past”

OverallOverall, Stamps.com has been a positive experience in which my business has saved money and had the benefit of easy-to-use postage system.
ProsI love that Stamps.com is easy to use and replaces outdated and expensive postage meter machines.
ConsI do not like that Stamps.com makes you subscribe to a higher-tier, more expensive plan in order to send certified mail. For businesses like mine that only need to send one or two certified mail pieces a month, the more expensive plan simply is not justified. Stamps.com also does not have the greatest customer support.
February 18, 2019
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
February 1, 2019

“A Post Office at my Desk”

ProsHaving Stamps.com is like having a Post Office at my Desk! I have saved countless hours researching postage rates, searching for stamps, and waiting in line at the Post Office for help. With Stamps.com I can quickly calculate the CORRECT postage for our outgoing packages and know that I'm not overpaying for postage. I love the integration with Microsoft Word and my Dymo label printer - it couldn't be easier!
ConsEverything is really easy with Stamps.com. If I make a mistake, it's super-simple to request a refund.
February 1, 2019
roxy p.
May 29, 2018

“Easy to use, awesome for small businesses”

ProsI have used stamps.com for years. it is very user friendly, you are able to sync you orders form your stores, ie etsy, ebay, ect. It updates you tracking info which is a really nice time saver! This is great for large and small businesses , they offer discounts off the retail rates. you can purchase stamps as well, post card postage aswell.
ConsI would say the monthly subscriptio price is a little high considering websites like ebay, and amazon offer sometimes deeper discounted shipping rates for no charge.
May 29, 2018
Sefa D.
Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“Stamps.com makes my business easy!”

ProsI have been using Stamps.com for more than 5 year for my online retail business. it is very convenient for printing Domestic and International USPS labels for the products i sell. It provides me doing less mistake especially for international shipments. It is also good for end-year report and for email/mail marketing. I can send my customers promotions using their contact info saved in Stamps.com application. Good price for what it does.
ConsI have no complaint about the program so far.
July 22, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 19, 2019

“You want best prices for USPS come to stamps.com”

Overallnot only me but our customers are too happy using stamps and it make us happy
Proswe are a software company and have a long and healthy partnership with stamps.com. Our many customers use stamps.com integration so that they can create labels at commercial plus pricing which is much much cheaper then standard rates. The other best part is the each with which you can integrate with them , there excellent support and above all friendly team
Consnothing as of now , it does the job nicely which it is meant to do
February 19, 2019
Mike L.
Marketer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2018

“Stamps.com - A life saver and a time saver!”

OverallWe owned a large eCommerce store that was mentioned on Forbes back in the 2008 time frame. In our early eCommerce days, we would have to stand in line at the post office to ship nearly 30 orders a day. (1) It would take forever; (2) it made the postal people mad; (3) it made everyone in line behind you mad; (4) it was terrible to have to take all of your boxes into the post office twice a day to do so. Then, along came Stamps.com and made everyone else's job easier. We run an advertising agency now - so we do not have daily shipments, but we still sell products on Amazon... We use Stamps.com for all of our personal packages and our Amazon shipments - incredible product and time saver!
ProsInexpensive and easy to use - saves you loads of time standing in line at the post office.
ConsFor a while, the "search" function was broken and/or lagging and it made it hard to look up prior shipments to send customers their tracking numbers. - But out of 10 years of using them - we're very pleased.
October 23, 2018
Robin C.
Insurance, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Why go to the Post Office?”

ProsE.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.! I no longer have to make daily trips to the Post Office, now I can do everything I need to do from my desk. At first I thought there would be some limitations that would affect my needs, but as I got more familiar with the software I realized that everything I needed was included with what services/functionality they provide for my monthly subscription. Which I will gladly pay instead of daily trips to the USPS.
ConsNothing, I love it all! I would change nothing.
August 21, 2018
Ernest M.
April 12, 2018

“Overall very positive. Almost always one or more bugs that do interfere with use.”

OverallIt saves a lot of time with shipping. And money.
ProsAbility to import directly from osCommerce. Love the saved presets. Love that I do not have to print out a lot of pages for foreign orders.
ConsI would really like the ability to split an order into multiple packages. It would be nice to be able to force a last minute check of the addresses from osCommerce. Would be nice if when the address checker finds a difference between my address and the USPS approved one that it would highlight the differences in red.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2019

“Great discount on shipping”

OverallWe've used Stamps.com for years since shipping packages can really get costly, we've really benefited from the discount.
ProsStamps.com is a great way to save on shipping costs. It also integrates with ShipStation and give you a free month with ShipStation. Stamps.com is great on it's own though, because just the discount on shipping costs is extremely valuable.
ConsIf Stamps.com could provide customized auto-emails for customers, that would make them really a notch above the rest.
April 28, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“Stamps is easy to use and offers concierge”

OverallReally easy to use, by either direct enter of customer information or cut and pasted into their address window to allow easy verification of address and be sure it will be sent to a legit address.
ProsBecause of how much we spend in shipping, Stamps.com has been great to work with, as they give us a direct rep. They offer an easy to use platform and easy to download upgrades.
ConsSome of the reps assigned to our account are non-responsive and do not call back when messages are left in regards to our accounts.
January 30, 2019
Ivan R.
Partner
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2018

“Come for the Rates, Stay for the API”

OverallWe have used Stamps.com for years without issue, Endecia seems to be more popular among high volume merchants---but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Stamps.com. We still use both platforms internally depending on our needs.
ProsGreat commercial plus rates, feature set, pricing plans. Comes free with Shipstation (owned by Stamps.com)
ConsThe actual stamps.com interface is pretty poor. The service is best used for its API which can be used to create labels in any number of compatible fulfillment and shipping management platforms.
December 8, 2018
PAULA G.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
June 6, 2018

“Fantastic alternative to Pitney Bowes”

Overallsaves me trips to the post office
ProsI love the ease of use and greatly appreciate the competitive cost. It's very easy to refill the postage, taking only a few seconds. this invention is brilliant and has kept me from seeing inside of the post office for greater than 7 years.
ConsMy buying the sheets to print stamps has resulted in quite a few ruined sheets (printing misc stuff on stamps). Recently I bought an additional stamp printer to do individual stamps. I wish I could print the date.
June 6, 2018
April 18, 2018

“Nice to be able to print shipping labels before going to the post office!”

ProsWe use this for shipping packages from our small business. It's so simple to copy/paste the address over, choose the service, insert the weight and hit print. Not the prettiest interface, but it does the trick, and the reporting allows us to track the packages easily.
ConsWe do run into the occasional problem printing labels due to some Java errors. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling Java clears it up, but it's a pain to have to go through that process.
April 18, 2018
Nicole D.
Order Processing Coordinator
Retail, 51-200 employees
April 11, 2019

“Easy to use, but support might need work”

OverallWe have a bulk mailing of fabric samples that we send out daily and needed a cheaper shipping option than UPS but didn't want to risk using regular postage without accurate weight calculations - Stamps.com was the perfect solution. We installed the software and contacted support, within a week we had our starter kit which included a scale, some free credits for mailing, and a few other extras. The only issue we have had with Stamps.com is the support for our laser stamp printer, there has been a lot of missteps in communication that have resulted in us not having a working laser printer from them for a few months now. Other than that it has really worked out perfectly for our needs.
ProsEase of use, good pricing for bulk mailing, accurate pricing, free tool kits to get started, software is easy to install and understand
ConsThe software itself is near perfect, but the support leaves a little to be desired
April 11, 2019
Jenn M.
Owner/music promoter
Entertainment, Self-employed
April 2, 2019

“A solid 4 out of 5 stars all around”

OverallI've been using Stamps.com since I started my music promotion business 10 years ago, which involves doing a bulk mailing (a couple hundred CDs in bubble mailer packages) about once a month. It's honestly gotten harder to use in that time and I'm less enthusiastic about it than I have been in the past, but I'm still not looking to make a change.
ProsThe biggest advantage of Stamps.com over a postage machine-based service like Pitney Bowes is no equipment rental. Also when I've used those mailing machines in the past, they'd get jammed pretty easily, so I never have to deal with that. Whenever I've had a problem printing, I've gotten a refund right away with no problems.
ConsThings have been increasingly locked down, I guess with USPS regulations correspondingly locking things down. Can't print what I want as freely as before. I hate having to put in an address in order to print package postage; their formatting does not play well with my excel spreadsheet formatting and I can't be combing through hundreds of addresses every time for line break errors. Also if they offer bulk mailing rates for sending hundreds of packages at once or having a business account, I've never been able to figure out how to access that.
April 2, 2019
Julio M.
Information System Coordinator
51-200 employees
February 8, 2018

“Easy to use and some difficulty for batch printing”

OverallWe can print between 100 and 1000 shipping labels without affecting our production.
ProsAfter you figure it out how to print shipping labels per batch, it just work all the time. Unless their servers are down. Which happened once in 3 years.
ConsThe configuration to print shipping labels in a batch it was not so easy. Actually it was very challenging. The printer configuration was another issue, but after you get it right, everything works without any problem.
Douglas C.
Internet, Self-employed
September 19, 2019

“Print Postage Right From Your Computer!”

OverallThe convenience of printing postage right from your computer is great. For envelopes and packages of any variety, Stamps.com makes it easy to get the postage right and the labeling easy. I recommend use of this program to anyone wanting to save time on standing in line at the post office. Do your labeling and postage at the pace of your schedule, then just drop your envelopes and packages at the post office and be on your way.
ProsI like the convenience of being able to skip a trip to the post office for postage on envelopes and packages.
ConsThe only issue about which to complain is the cost . . . but you are paying for a convenience feature.
September 19, 2019
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
December 17, 2018

“Stamp w/Ease”

ProsWith the use of Stamps.com you can just print on the envelope, on sheets, and track your shipping in one location. We had one time we had a printing error, where our printer did not print correctly --- we were refunded within 5 days with no issues. It was great!
ConsThere is a small delay in getting refunds, these are not electronic to submit to the company. However this is just a minor issue.
December 17, 2018
December 4, 2018

“Easy to use and saves business alot of time and money”

OverallOverall, it is a good platform that saves time and money for individuals or businesses that mail/ship on a daily basis.
ProsThe desktop software is very fast, easy to use, and has many options without feeling too cluttered.
ConsThere is no way to reprint labels once the print window is closed. This forces users to have to void the label if it gets destroyed or lost which can be a hassle since it takes weeks for the postage to be refunded.
December 4, 2018
Stephen S.
Principal
Law Practice, Unspecified
June 14, 2018

“Great product that lacks great customer service”

OverallStamps.com provides the benefit of an affordable and relatively easy to use postage system.
ProsFor small businesses, Stamps.com is a great product that covers all of your shipping needs. It allows you to send and ship items via first class, priority mail, and other methods.
ConsStamps.com customer service is possibly the worst there is. No support for other carriers like UPS. Address book functionality needs improvement.
June 14, 2018
Joseph B.
retired teacher/coach
April 12, 2018

“No complaints. If an 86 year old guy can sail through your program, you're doing fine.”

OverallIt frees me from the 14-mile round trip down to the post office each time I need to buy stamps or mail a package. Quite simply, having to include "Cons" when I can't think of any at this moment is an insult to me, or any sane individual's, intelligence. It shows that, once again, we are slaves to computer programming instead of being sensitive to common sense.
ProsIt is easy to use your program, the help you provide is available when I need it, and your service staff is friendly. Also, I enjoy writing long paragraphs when told I must do so in order to meet the minimum requirements of your question. After all, I would just be wasting my time doing something else if you were satisfied with my terse answer, allowing me to get on with my life and you with yours. I hope this effort meets my length obligation.
Anne C.
Accounting Clerk
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2017

“Mostly okay”

ProsEase of purchasing stamps and weighing of letters and the ability of putting postage directly on to the envelope.
ConsDifficulty of getting the same type of service from Stamps.com, why is there several different types of service online, why is there just one place to sign on and just one type of service. Also tracing of refund re the wrong amount of stamps purchased - difficult to determine when the refund is received to our account.The numbers listed for the green cards that we found in Stamps.com were not the same numbers that we had on our copies of the green cards that were sent with the envelopes. It would be helpful if there was a space where we could enter the numbers we have in our records and then be able to trace or find the status of the missing green cards.
October 12, 2017
Kim T.
December 5, 2016

“Great Postage Software”

OverallWe have used Stamps.com since 2001. It has become easier to use over the years. We never run out of postage. We use it primarily for shipping packages. Very intuitive. Enter the address, enter the weight, select the service, add any additional services needed and click the print button. Would like them to email the tracking # to the customer? No problem. Tracking after shipping is easy as well. All reports are easy to generate and easy to understand. Support staff though seldom needed are courteous and knowledgeable.
ProsWorks great.
December 5, 2016
Brad F.
Account Manager
Insurance, 11-50 employees
September 16, 2019

“Stamps.com is a time saver!”

OverallI am in control. I no longer have to worry about dropping my unstamped mail in a bin and wondering whn it will get stamped, hoping that it's the correct amount, and then crossing my fingers it gets out that day. I do it all myself, and in seconds!
ProsStamps.com saves the hassle and headaches that used to be associated with going to the Post Office every day. No more worrying about change and such from the petty cash drawer! By having the scale in the office and hitting print, we save valuable time each and every day.
ConsNothing about my experience with Stamps.com has been bad.
September 16, 2019
Jason T.
Sales
Automotive, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2018

“A great and more convenient way to mail packages USPS”

ProsThis program provides a quicker ane easier way to mail USPS packages without having to go to the post office. The rates are less expensive and there are rewards and refunds if you spend certain amounts. The tracking system also works well to keep track of all your shipments
ConsWe havent had any issues with the program so far. Its definitely recommended if you ship a lot of packages USPS
June 19, 2018
Jeffrey M.
May 12, 2018

“Excellent”

OverallNo need to stand on long lines at the P.O. to send packages. Able to store my mailing list and send with one click.
ProsAllows me to prepare postage whenever I need to. Never stand on those long line, especially at my local P.O., it is great to walk past everybody and drop my packages in the box.
ConsI don't have any negatives. The only comment I would make is that the monthly cost is a little high.
May 12, 2018
ROBIN P.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
April 13, 2018

“stamps makes my shipping efortless”

Overallalready said
Proscopy and paste to address window, AND MY RATES AFTER SHIPPING OVER 5000 PACKAGES ARE AWESOME. WE depend on stamps everyday, and we are never disappointed
ConsI have it loaded on an apple and PC, the apple version is not as good as the PC , Sometimes on the apple, it will not load info, I have great internet, and the PC works perfect, so I assume the stamps software for apple is at fault
April 13, 2018
Program Development, 11-50 employees
May 8, 2019

“Never Buy Stamps from the Store Agaian”

OverallOverall I have had a good experience with the product. It works and saves me time.
ProsI primarily like that I can login and print stamps for personal and business packages. I can also complete certified mailings and ship packages. I have not had to go to the store to buy stamps, and that has been really helpful. I also like that I get a free ship-station account with my stamps.com account, and vice versa.
ConsThe software looks dated, and has an older Windows feel to it. It works and is easy to use, but it looks awful. I also hated the hassle I had to go through to try and cancel one of our business accounts. The customer service was not the best, and they kept trying to sell me on stuff to keep me as a customer.
May 8, 2019
JASON T.
Sales Manager
Automotive, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2019

“Stamps.com is one of the best ways to mail USPS ”

OverallVery useful and highly recommended for quick and and convenient USPS shipping
ProsWe use this daily at work, and its the most convenient ways to mail packages via USPS. You also get rewards and gift cards to redeem when you hit certain dollar amounts
ConsThe user interface can be a little bit difficult to navigate at first, but once you learn it isnt too complicated
January 8, 2019
Sherri V.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
November 26, 2018

“Used it for several years”

ProsI like the convenience of printing postage from my computer. The monthly fee is much less than if I used a postage meter/company.
ConsI don't know if this would the solution for a company that mails/ships a large quantity. We do not do that, so it is not an issue for me, but if I mail more than 8-10 packages, it can become a little more tedious to work with.
November 26, 2018