AdvancedPM Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About AdvancedPM

AdvancedPM includes medical scheduling, billing, reporting and an entire suite of productivity-enhancement tools to help streamline the business side of your practice. Our practice management solution creates a positive experience for your front desk while increasing cash flow. Each click, feature and flow is designed for peak staff efficiency, cost management and patient satisfaction. Healthier practice = healthier patients. Learn more about AdvancedPM

Natalie H.
Project Administrator

“Advanced MD Review ”

OverallWe had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.
ProsThere are multiple options to do things, which makes it user specific. I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.
ConsThe help file can be difficult to use. On the PM side, you can hit F1 and it will pull up the help file for the screen you're in but that doesn't work for EHR and finding the correct help file can be difficult. I haven't had a lot of luck with tier 1 customer support. I find it to be very frustrating to call and have a lot of times found the answer myself while waiting on hold. We feel very "nickle and dimed" by the company.
Harlan H.
Owner/CFO/Psychologist
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
March 21, 2018

“Not ready for mental health”

OverallIf you're looking for a powerful billing platform this may be a good system for you to consider. However, if you're looking for a full PM/EHR system to manage a mental health practice this system is not ready and costs too much for what you get.
Pros- Great billing platform with many ways to keep track of claims and payments - We're able to manage 3 locations with a single system - The system overall has a lot of great capability and most of the functionality we were looking for in a PM/EHR system. However, as noted below there are issues with how some of these capabilities work. - Templates can be customized
Cons- The EHR is not user friendly and leads to many new users creating notes that are not connected to a session as well as multiple redundant notes for a session. - There is no easy way to track missing notes other than going session by session for each chart - The standard reports are generally not very helpful as they provide few ways to customize and filter. The filters that are present are often not logical ways to filter data. What's more frustrating is that there are actually more useful reports that are in the system but they cost additional money to be added to a user's key. For example, a common filter type is to filter a range of providers alphabetically. AdvancedInsight does provide an enhanced reporting capability (for an extra cost) that relies on Internet Explorer and MS Silverlight all of which are old technologies. It is also somewhat difficult and time consuming to learn and still does not provide the ability to customize reports in the standard report capability. For that you have to pay AMD to make the changes or to add the report that already exists to your key. - Printing chart notes requires a time consuming process of creating a Microsoft Word Merge template for each note template and then printing each note one by one. The Word Merge templates are complex to create and manage. - Our sales rep guaranteed us a 95% first pass acceptance rate. After 7 months we are at 89%. There are several reasons for this and the company has provided us a credit but don't be fooled by the promises of their sales team. - Adding new providers can take up to a month. Again we have been promised a 24 hour turn around time and yet sometimes have to wait weeks to get new providers added to our system. Note: we have the ability to add Users but only AMD can add providers.
March 21, 2018
Julia W.
January 17, 2018

“PM is great, EHR is just okay”

OverallOverall, I am very happy with the PM and "2-3 out of 5" happy with the EHR. Once you become familiar with the difficult quirks, it just becomes second nature. However, what is "second nature" for me now would be appalling to someone who is familiar with a most customizable, more user-friendly EHR.
ProsThe scheduling part of Advanced MD is so intuitive. To move an appointment, just click, select "move", and click on the date and time you want instead. I like how you can customize the time intervals, color code appointment types, and assign each a default length of time. Adding a patient is easy. Making billing notes, sending messages/tasks, entering patient info, are all quick and simple. There are nice features in the EHR, such as being able to pull in medication history from a national database, look up pharmacies, customize acronyms and use pull-down menus to drop in often-used phrases.
ConsActually customizing the templates is quite difficult if you have not been formally trained by Advanced MD specialists, which costs extra. Trying to figure it out yourself online via training videos is next to impossible because it is not customized to your situation. Also, finding training videos to answer specific questions is also near impossible. In order to print a note out, you have to select a "WordMerge" option from a menu, then click several times until a word document opens up, which you can THEN print. Far too many clicks just to print out a note, in my opinion. I have not found a simple way to print out all of a patient's notes, so I end up repeating this process many times when an entire medical record is requested -- VERY time consuming. Advanced MD offers all sorts of conferences and trainings, but they all cost outrageous amounts of money, and most are in a location where you would have to travel to get there. I wish training was more accessible and not so costly. I wish creating templates were more intuitive and more easily done by a regular run-of-the-mill user.
January 17, 2018
Dana K.
Administrative manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2017

“ great accounting & EHR program- easy to use, very detailed & avail 24/7-better w/ ea update. ”

Overallmore than I expected. The accountability for finance is complete. The EHR area is wonderful. Having the program available anywhere is fantastic. PC and Mac perfect!!!!
ProsI am a manager and therefore have full access. There are many features I rave about. The work flow ease from front desk personnel to billers to providers is amazingly user friendly. I do like that there are access limits to set for each job title within the company. The accountability of each service date is complete financially as well as historically. The scheduling module can be as complete as you design it. The fact that we are able to customize certain areas is absolutely wonderful. The EHR portion is very complete. I like that AMD allows additional information to be added at anytime to a patients record not effecting the scheduling. I also like that we are able to access this program on our Ipads for quick usage. I am glad we are able to export reports to excel to manipulate information as necessary. I rave about your program all the time! I have worked with three other programs and am the primary person that hand picked your company's program for Therapediatrics.
ConsThere are always quirks in any system. REPORT ACCESS* and referral/authorization areas could use improvement. I do find that important reports for business purposes such as for finance, current active clients, marketing, HIPAA, rx renewals, referral counts, etc are not accessible unless your purchase an additional module with AMD. There is not a report that pulls all current active patients. There is a report that pulls discharged or deceased, and there should be a report that pull all active only. The referral area does not count referrals/authorizations the way the insurance companies count them, which is critical for our industry. Every single client comes to us by a script and could be accompanied by a referral or authorization. I would like to see this area reviewed to its usefulness for our industry.
Anna B.
Client Services
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2017

“Mostly Good”

OverallAdvancedMD has done a superb job with their support team, I really can't say enough about their level of professionalism, expertise and willingness to go above and beyond to help with almost any situation. I've used other practice management products and AdvancedMD is by far the most user friendly.
ProsI really don't know where to begin with the Pros of AdvancedMD. I might have to say the Video Training Library is one of my favorite parts of AdvancedMD. It is a guide or a visual aid to assist any user in the practice by displaying and explaining how things work. After any formal training a user may have questions or uncertainties with regard to posting payments, processing claims, adding demographics, etc. With pretty much one click of the mouse or F1 you have access to training. The ease of use is another Pro to AdvancedMD, you don't have to be afraid to experiment or test different aspects of the Practice Management piece. I like how the product has evolved over the past 5 years and their social media piece "NEST" shows their willingness to relate to a younger generation of users while making it user friendly for us old folks too.
ConsI would have to say the reporting piece is lacking from an accounting point of view, and the idea that Advanced Insight is available at a per provider fee is definitely not the answer I want to hear. The financial health of a practice can only be measured in numbers, increase the subscription to AdvancedMD and throw in Advanced Insight, it's a win win!
July 26, 2017
Andrew N.
PT clinic owner and PT

“Its Complicated”

OverallWhen it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.
ProsThe software is customizable to providers which is nice, we have tools that help track productivity and we are able to keep a constant stream of revenue with our billing.
ConsWe have a hard time with troubleshooting software problems due to the complexity of the software and the customer support has not been pleasant to work with, often times waiting for over an hour on the phone to get some simple questions answered, emails that go weeks with no response, and problems that go months without being fixed. Also, it would be nice if there were some more automated features such as visit number tracking on patients chart and on patients notes for Physical Therapy, alerts or prompts for progress notes.
Riaz S.
MD
March 10, 2018

“Do not rrecommend”

ProsTemplates are good. there is not much good to talk about. Any thing good is neutralized by amount of problems.
ConsI am a physician that keep loosing my nosed when my medical assistant or front office go in to chart at same time save the chart before me. It also happens when some scans a documents and faxes a prescription on my behalf. I have the RCM contract. EHR is Ok to use.. But they have multiple unscheduled maintenance during night time. Scheduled maintenance is only for 15 minutes and is very occasional. Unscheduled maintenance is very common and last hours. When you call them they make lot of excuses. Billers are inexperienced. Lack knowledge of local insurance and Medicaid requirement. I have complained to them multiple times that they cannot bill medicaid clients for unpaid balances but still they keep mailing them statements. It is more than a year and they continue to bill my Medicaid patients. Very bad on follow up after filing claims. My claims have gone past 95 days filing deadline without any update from advanced. You have to open a case with concerns that there is no claim on file with insurance and it already past filing dead line. Then they will file the claim and claim gets denied. Then we open case again to request them to appeals. They file the appeal and appeal gets denied and you lost your money. They also do not apply payment correctly and you request them to fix the errors , they will not respond. AdvancedMd does not take responsibility for claims being denied for going past deadlines. If you complain they do not respond to your emails.
March 10, 2018
Becky D.
Owner/Speech Therapist
June 1, 2017

“I have been very happy with this product and support services for this product! ”

OverallEase of claim billing, scheduler, and faster payment and more consistent payment and entering of payment
ProsBilling and ERA's Very easy! I love the tech support. The fact that someone is there, speaks English and understands the problem and is able to resolve the problem by talking it through with you. I never feel rushed or feel like the problem wasn't important. Training and support at the beginning was amazing. I really enjoyed my support at the beginning of this transition. This product allows the office to flow more easily. We continue to learn daily new items the product offers. It has made out claims processing more efficient . I get quicker and more steady payment. I like being able to see what each user has doen throughout the day/entering billing, new patients/AR, etc.
ConsI wish the ERA screen would be larger so much to read and it is on a small screen. I wish there was a way to stop switching the responsibility from the insurance to the patient (bucket) when a claim is denied. I am still having trouble pulling accurate AR reports due to the money being switched to Patient. Also if the dates could be in sequence on the invoices that would really help. I do have to bring up that I am most disappointed with the contract and price. I have spoken several times with by sales rep. & client support about this and still to this date the problem and contract rate that we set together is not being honored. It is disappointing for a small business like myself because what I have budgeted for the year for the software I have already paid out + in less than half a year. Also I keep getting billed for paper claims and no one here is sending paper claims, I have asked them to stop and show me how to stop this as I do not wasn't any sent by paper and def. do not want to pay for them either. The company and program are definitely better than I expected over 5 stars but the invoicing is what is concerning and may be the ultimate deal breaker of whether I continue with Advanced MD in the future.
June 1, 2017
Jill G.
Billing Manager
March 28, 2016

“I am the coding/billing person for the office.”

ProsIt is fairly easy to use, once you get familiar with the product.
ConsI absolutely HATE the way charges with payments are processed. In this practice, there are many times when a patient is required to pay a co-pay AND a refraction fee. This system does not allow you to post more than one payment in the charge screen, which then requires me to go either to the patient's screen, or the "Patient checkout" screen. It would be much more time efficient if we were able to post charges and payments in the SAME screen, and by the charge, not by the "co pay" instead of going to the patient check out screen, or the patient's information screen. This is too time consuming, therefore, not cost effective. Another thing that I do not like pertains to the E-remittance and quick pay screens when posting insurance payments. It would be much more helpful if when posting a payment on a charge where the patient has also paid, and the insurance payment is more than the insurance balance, that DIFFERENCE is put in unapplied, NOT the entire payment. AGAIN this is time consuming, because I have to stop what I am doing, go to the patient screen, unapply the patient payment, go back to the insurance payment screen, and apply the insurance payment. And if the copay is required, and the insurance company applies the copay to a charge in the visit, but not the office visit, I then have to go back and re-apply the payment to the charge the INSURANCE company put the co pay. I can show you examples of this, if necessary. It happens primarily with Aetna claims.
Recommendations to other buyersMake certain to get the telephone numbers of practices that share your specialty, and talk in depth with them. I also think it would be a great idea if Advanced MD offered ON SIGHT training with new offices, especially with Specialists. The field of Ophthalmology is very different from a PCP office, as is an Orthopedic office. I know I would did have an opportunity to visit another ophthalmology practice, but it would have been much more helpful to train with someone in the office.
March 28, 2016
David G.
Neurologist
September 17, 2019

“My review”

OverallVery good
ProsThat it can be customized -- to a point -- to my practice.
ConsMany things can not be added or changed unless done through the company -- and if it is not on their list of changes it may never happen. It is also not as intuitive to use as one would hope.
September 17, 2019
Brian B.
October 24, 2017

“Overall good billing software program”

OverallI am extremely disappointed in Advanced MD customer service. I have been using the product for about 8 years. They market the product as costing less than provider which is not accurate. I have 3 providers in my office and I have to pay /month. They admit to their mistakes in the software codes, but refuse to work with their clients when Advanced MD's mistakes cause significant harm to a practice.
ProsIt will find errors on claims prior to submitting them to insurance carriers. It allows for macro billing which saves data entry time
ConsThere are too many "add on modules" that you must purchase in order to get the functionality out of the program. There customer support is below average. We purchased an add on module that wasn't functioning properly. We noticed this 1 week after purchasing the module and made Advanced MD aware of the errors. It took them about 5 weeks to shut the program down and it caused financial harm to my practice and also upset many patients. The software was texting/emailing patients up to 16 times in one day. It was a significant error in the software code and Advanced MD refused to act quickly to shut down the module. In addition, Advanced MD continued to charge me monthly for the module even though it wasn't working correctly. They refuse to provide a solution.
October 24, 2017
Susan W.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
August 16, 2019

“Occupational Therapists DO NOT USE”

OverallAFTER I signed a one year contract, my Implementation Trainer revealed she was a specialist in mental health. There was NO specialist in THERAPY. There were NO Occupational Therapy templates I could modify. I was told I could PAY MORE for someone else in another department to create all the templates I was promised and shown. The sales manager talked with me after several weeks and AGREED they could not and did not meet my needs. However, there has been ZERO communication after that. No return calls, no return emails. I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical. It is a breach if contract-yet I have not been released. The negative impact on my start-up company had been DEVASTATING, yet I can not get a response. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVANCED MD unless you are well established and not Occupational Therapy. I don't trust anything they say, as there is no follow up or consistently.
ProsHas everything for most medical practices. Integrated billing.
ConsThe software is great for software technicians and highly skilled medical office staff. However, it is NOT good for therapists. I was promised software that would have OT templates I could modify to meet my needs. I was shown examples of this. I was given a sob story of how they would hold my hand through the whole process. Unfortunately, the really was extremely different! There was no software to meet my needs. The creation of forms requires a degree in coding.
Michael O.
Director of Operations
November 3, 2016

“Great Solution for Practice Management and Billing”

OverallOur practice (25+ providers) have been using AdvancedMD billing software for the past 9 months and have been very happy thus far. We switched from Kareo as we needed a more customizable product that could better handle the large number of insurance carriers we interact with. We found Kareo to be extremely limited when billing for patients with multiple insurance policies. While more expensive than other billing software on the market, we have definitely noticed faster payments and cleaner claims going out the door. We are a very analytical company and this is the only billing software we've found that has decent reporting capabilities. Our company only uses the AdvMD's Practice Management software so I cannot speak to their EHR offerings.
Pros- Software has many built-in claim scrubbers, meaning more errors are caught before submission. Cleaner claims = faster payment. - Their clearinghouse (McKesson) is one of the largest in the country, which results in faster claim processing as well. - Reporting features, if you pay for them, are better than any other billing software we've experienced - Highly customizable and worthwhile if you put in the effort to tailor it to your practice
Cons- Setting up the system is a bit cumbersome. More features mean more time for our billing team to adjust to. - Their A/R module is confusing to use and has its fair share of problems - Because their system has so many customizable features, their support team is often unfamiliar with all aspects of the software.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for a customizable software and are willing to put in the time to setting the system up properly, AdvMD is well worth the money. Their clearinghouse connection is worth the price tag alone. If you're business minded and analytical, there's no better reporting suite than AdvMD. In the end, every piece of software you buy will have issues. Most medical billing software on the market is extremely limited and poorly designed, so be sure to have realistic expectations. AdvMD is the 4th billing software our company has used in 4 years and has performed significantly better so far.
November 3, 2016
Beth W.
October 8, 2019

“Pros and Cons for smaller clinics”

OverallCustomer service was great! The system is certainly capable of handling larger institutions with many different offerings. The server issue was significant as it hurts business when you are in an appointment and cannot load the previous appointment.
ProsCustomer service is top notch! They answer, the respond, they are kind and easy to understand. Prescribing Rx was simple. Reporting was easy on the eyes and purposeful. They were easy to read and functional for gathering a picture of the clinic.
ConsToo bulky...if you are a small clinic, there are so many pieces of AdvancedMD that you never use and yet they cover your dashboard. On the flip side of reporting, while they are attractive and easy to read, you have to pay for certain reporting features that are useful for daily functioning (or yearly review) in addition to what you pay monthly COST! Because you can't necessarily remove the added features, it costs way more than a small clinic can justify paying. Lastly, the overload on their servers caused a great deal of delay in uploading pages and moving between PM and EHR
October 8, 2019
Bryan W.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
July 21, 2017

“I am very impressed with AdvancedMD. They have thought of almost everything! ”

OverallEfficiency and a more intelligent workflow.
ProsThe workflow makes a lot of sense. As a mid-sized billing service, I love the CBO Option. This allows us to work across all of our clients' databases at once, without having to log in-and-out of individual databases. This has greatly improved our efficiency! I also love the fact that AdvancedMD reviews our claims before they go out the door using professional claims review software. This software anticipates any potential coding issues or other problems on the claim before they even go to the clearinghouse. This helps us reduce our denial rate. The denials module is great - it has streamlined our denials management process in that we no longer work from paper. We now work from intelligently-created queues. This is another HUGE time saver. The Collections Lists for working Accounts Receivable is also well thought-out. We used to have to run paper reports in our old system to work Accounts Receivable. We now create work lists for our collections team and assign various payers to these work lists. This not only helps our collectors work A/R more efficiently, but it helps our supervisors manage the A/R queues better. Lastly, I love the Statement Module for patient statements. It is so easy and effortless to do patient collections now. AdvancedMD can even be set up to write off accounts that need to go to the Collection Agency automatically, and prepare a file that can easily be transmitted to our third-party collection agency. Great software!
ConsAs a cloud-based product, it can be a little slow occasionally, but not excessively slow. There are a couple of other small things I wish the software did differently, but I has certainly has exceeded my expectations.
July 21, 2017
Iris B.
Coder/biller
September 19, 2019

“Thoughts on AdvancedEHR”

OverallThe practice management side is much easier to work with.
ProsThe practice management side. I like the various options for looking up a patient or carrier, etc.
ConsBuilding templates that accommodate our needs. We are a orthopedic trauma surgeon practice and the existing templates at the time we started were not conducive to helping our physicians get documented what they needed. Creating the word merge documents to go with the templates was a NIGHTMARE!! Also don't like the fact that in order to get the coding function to work, we need to complete a review of systems for each visit. According to E/M coding guidelines, an established patient only has to meet two of the three required criteria to meet the standard. Since a ROS is just a PART of the history component, if on an established patient we meet the examination and medical decision making components, we should NOT have to complete a ROS in order to get the coder to work.
September 19, 2019
Michael S.
May 25, 2017

“AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized ”

OverallIts changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).
ProsThe overall functionality is superb. I can log-in from any computer, or at home, even from my phone. Like when you need to know how early a patient can get in the next day or that morning. All of the parts work together as a whole like a finely tuned machine. The appointment schedule is a multi-tasker in itself, you can get to pretty much any function you need from there (except master files, fee schedules & settings, which are more of an admin function). Charge entry is awesome, and seamless to "search" for diagnosis codes and procedure codes. And, the insurance payment Auto-Posting is Unbelievable, like adjusting off correct amounts, putting patient responsible amounts to the patient account correctly, and in literally a minute or so. Also AMD is compatible with using "Dragon" for voice text entry and especially SOAP note creation. One of the absolutely best things is, it doesn't matter what specialty or type of provider you are, it will cover all of the bases. I began using billing & practice management software in the 80's so I have a lot to compare AMD to, so take a CLOSE look at AMD, and take it for a test drive !!!
ConsI think there should be the ability to do "Diagnosis pointing", so that U can define a specific Dx code to be most primary to each line item. For some practice types, that have more repitition of same or similar treatment from visit to visit, like PT or Chiro etc, I think having the functionality of somewhat more automated EHR note creating from visit to visit would also be helpful, even though AMD has a huge library of templates which is really awesome.
May 25, 2017
Tiffanie Boeve B.
Medical Biller
August 12, 2019

“Once your actually trained the product is great”

ProsIt has a lot of really amazing features that really cut down on manual work.
ConsTraining. We hardly received any training and due to that have really struggled with using the software and wasted a lot of time. Once you know how to use it, it really is great but the training needs major improvement.
August 12, 2019
Teresa S.
Billing Specialits
August 15, 2017

“Working on AdvanceMD is pretty easy to use if you receive the correct training. ”

ProsYou are able to enter the charges in different ways, You can have quite a few employees working on the system at the same time. If the Insurance are set up correctly and the procedures are set up, everything can run smoothly. You could run budgets with seeing where your money is.
ConsThe claim inspector not knowing why the claim has been held. It does not tell you what the errors are, it will state within the claim there are one or more errors but it does not state what are the errors. Some times when calling they can not answer the question quickly. With what the Doctors have to do with an EMR and they want the billing together. It has taken a long time for our EMR to reach out to a doctor that will be leaving cause the Doctor asked me what are EMR is like and I could not tell him. IF we are billing we should be able to see the EMR so we could inform our groups and get them on the system instead of losing a doctor. Which is what is happening to one of my big Groups. There is not communication between the Advance MD that uses your product and how it is better or what the changes are. Not everyone can go to the yearly meetings to see the products.
August 15, 2017
Bethany C.
June 26, 2019

“Not the software for Behavioral Health”

OverallAwful. It was expensive, outdated, convoluted, and took way more time than necessary to complete tasks that should have been routine and simple. It was also a nightmare when there was a significant issue that needed support, to actually get a support representative on the phone. It was not uncommon to wait 30+ minutes before ever getting a live representative on the phone. And usually, once on the phone, their "solutions" would take days to weeks before they were able to be completed within our system.
ProsWe were able to complete claims and send the info to insurance companies. It saved previous diagnosis when creating claims, which was helpful.
ConsThe overly complicated, user un-friendly, and ultimately outdated platform. It is way overpriced, and under-delivers. It is difficult to track the life of a claim once the claim is sent, and frequently claims get lost for months or longer without detection, and go unpaid. You can pay for additional features, which I am not sure whether or not help with tracking, but as this software is overpriced already, we never opted to do that. Taking payments and tracking them in the system is a convoluted nightmare that often causing errors in the system that always remain, no matter what.
June 26, 2019
Lisa K.
Billing Manager
December 7, 2016

“Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.”

OverallListen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I can't rave enough about the product! Worse one out there... Centricity - Most labor intensive billing module there is! It's horrible. It in itself can cause a company to always stay in the red. I am experiencing it now and have twice in the past.Centricity - GET THIS CAN'T PRINT DOSAGE ON PAPER CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT. WANT TO PRINT A CLAIM FORM AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP - CAN'T. - STAY AWAY FROM CENTRICITY - AMD - WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL SEE TRIPLE THE CASH FLOW. - IT'S CRAZY THE BLACK AND WHITE OF IT.
ProsEverything. - It would be lengthy to tell you the specifics of why it's better. Okay let's start here.... Everything is in a box - and it all flows and makes sense. button are where they should be. the process is smooth - I am a systems efficiencies expert and this is the only application that can follow suit. Online app can access from home.
ConsUm.... THus the point. I swear to Jesus if you knew me and to know I sit and can't write anything shocks me... I am a critic is the worst way.. Advanced MD is the total package - I have no complaints about people support or applications. I don't think I would use advanced md if I was a physical therapist. there that's it - it is not the best application for PT or DME. - but all other specialties it is the best.
Recommendations to other buyersstay away from centricity it will be something you do because you don't know better.... do invest in the money with advanced md it will change your business and help you get to a place you don't know exists.
December 7, 2016
Melissa F.
Nurse Practitioner

“Best software yet”

OverallGenerally positive, I wish the support line was available in WEST COAST time zone till 5pm or later, when questions would arise during the 1st year of implementation, and they were closed when we needed the most support.
ProsThe billing is exceptional to track payments and aging report
Consthe telemedicine integration and lack of customer support for the clients I had. The clients had struggles navigating the online tele video conferencing and AMD did not help the clients, thereby they couldn't help me to connect with clients and visits were delayed and transitioned in sheer frustration to phone calls which were not reimbursed by the insurance. I have since quit using the tele med option and have a new platform and all my clients are happy and I am billing insurance effectively.
Shannan W.
Medical Billing / Charge Entry
December 6, 2017

“Great Experience, Fantastic Support”

ProsAny time I have had an issue or a question on how to make something work for our needs the support personnel at Advanced MD / EHR have stayed on the phone and walked me through my question until I understood everything, they would then even make suggestions on how to make it more efficient. They always seem to go the extra mile every time you need them. The whole system from the support team to the software is easy to use and very multi-functional.
ConsMore detailed Advanced MD manual with step by step instruction on how to do things with out calling support, for example the exclusions tab in the Claims Center. It would be nice to have more detailed information as to how to fix the issues and when you need to delete and re-enter a charge after making corrections. The EHR is great as it is but having the ability to "lock" or "secure" an account completely, due to a patient requesting nothing be given out to anyone at anytime.
Matthew H.
Physical Therapist
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
September 28, 2019

“Not the best for PT”

OverallWe recently tried switching from WEBPT to AMD but we lost more money than we gained from the switch so we will be switching back to WEBPT. The problems were being solved but more problems were surfacing and we do not have time for solving more problems and not seeing patients along with not being medicare compliant.
ProsImporting information for medical history was easy as patient did that at home and automatically went into our evaluation.
ConsNot universal for all PT conditions and was not able to be medicare compliant due to inability to fax documents.
September 28, 2019
Neera K.
Office Administrator
May 11, 2018

“Very efficient”

ProsI like (1)how the task of entering claims is highly efficient (2) The claim center feature of scrubbing claims before they are sent out (3) the ease of navigating between each window, how reports are easily accessible and can be printed in any format. The collections is very useful for keeping track of overdue balances all in one window. Also insurance eligibilty feature is a life saver for every day use accessing and verifying patient's insurance.
ConsHowever I wish more than 3 patients charts could be opened at one time. Also wish the window size could be dragged to make it bigger specially the financial history window so we don't have to use scroll feature to scroll to right hand side of window to see which carrier payment line refers to. Not a lot of cons to be honest. Over the years, we have seen enhancement features which did make a difference. For example recent zooming feature nice.
May 11, 2018
Pamela M.
Business Manager
February 16, 2018

“AMAZING. THE CONCIERGE OF MEDICAL SOFTWARE. ”

ProsI like everything about the product. But what I like most is how they listen to their customers. Us. They take our ideas and wants and make them reality. They have us meet with their engineers and designers to show them what we like and what we need. They take our ideas and incorporate them into the software. Then come back. Show us what they have done with our ideas. Then make them a reality. They listen then produce. Always giving us things to make our lives easier. A clinician is the person that should be designing the medical software. Everyone wants better and bigger. That's what you get with ADVANCEDMD. You can't go wrong with them.
ConsI don't know if this is really are any cons but ADVANCEDMD offers hundreds of templates. It's hard to know what to choose if you haven't used an EHR before. You can customize the templates to your liking once you know what will work best for your practice.
February 16, 2018
Bob N.
Administrator
11-50 employees
August 18, 2017

“The system works well but is substantially more expensive than our previous system”

OverallThe software is like all the others on the market but is actually a little less user friendly when changes are necessary to the template. easy to use in scheduling and billing and demographic entry
ProsQuality is good. We have not had major issues with downtime. Sometimes it is hard to get support to quickly address a situation when it arises (don't give me a number and a promise to call back, give me someone to walk me through fixing something when I call)
ConsEvery time changes are made to the system (adding another provider's schedule), the monthly charge is substantial and frankly is too high. There should be a one-time fee to add another provider to the system because frankly the cost on your end is not that much to add an additional schedule to my system. Also in the ease of use critique above, when I need to change the hours a provider is working in a given day, it is not easy and your cust svc staff/programmers seem put out sometimes when changes are requested.
August 18, 2017
Ramana G.
January 18, 2015

“Complicated software : Not really built for small/micro practices”

ProsWe had a great trainer after pronounced delay at start up. They left no time for multiple, complex issues, especially to solve problems for new users. Initial load of basic data was delayed (3 months), because the programmer was sick. ADP AMD did not compensate for time lost and was very strict about scheduling training times.. They would give no leeway or flexibility. So many of the very complex components of the software went unexplained and unreviewed at the time of training. I have no references to other users in my area.
ConsThe program is very complex and it has a very detailed complex setup. I had to download and print the manual (still at spring 2013 version). This may help me use the software better. It's a rather pricey system for a small practice (I am a micropractice internist). Help and support is difficult to get in a timely fashion, though when I get it, they are very good. They do not give you much time. For a Fortune 500 company that started off as a payroll and data processing company, that went into medical billing, then into EHR, they are a bit disappointing. Obviously, they do not have many medical people, especially MDs and RNs involved on an on-going basis. They are not actively seeking feedback from their customers, and are not listening to such feed back.
Recommendations to other buyersI went through 2 EHRs and tested over a dozen others, not to mention viewing demos and sales pitches from about 40 vendors. There are over 700 EHR/PM vendors. You have to spend a year researching and really need a test drive option, which very few vendors offer. The sales staff is pushy, but you have to insist on demos of functionality and usability. AMD did not tell me that eligibility verification was only 50% efficient with their RelayHealth partner. Research this aspect if you are going to sign. As for the EMR/EHR, you have to spend much time customizing, and few vendors will tell you that. It's complicated in Advanced MD.
January 18, 2015
Gary W.
December 16, 2012

OverallAfter 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must be done separately by another company. The PM is counterintuitive with it being practically impossible to track and tag custom information. For instance, we need to track attorney names and address attached to a case/patient. There are custom data entry fields, but these fields are not accessable by any reporting, datasheet, or anywhere within the PM or EHR. I couldn't build a simple demosheet in the PM. The EHR can only get some information from the PM program and only in the predesignated format which is strange. So, if you want the diagnoses from the billing program you can only get it as a table with attached start, chronic, and resolved dates (dates which can't be accessed from the EHR). We had to repeat the data in the EHR for many instances like this. Where AdvancedMD shines is the possibilities for programming custom reports in the EHR. While the interface can be frustrating with inane quirks, it is possible to create true detailed narrative reports. I have incredibly detailed reports that are quickly generated from the exam, but it took me over 150 hours to program. The customizable reports are why we stayed with AdvancedMD. Recording exams and handling chart items in the EHR is a breeze. The iLearn program is good. They can even do basic customization for you. You have to realize that someone at your office needs to become the expert on the system. You cannot depend on anyone at AdvancedMD to be able to change your templates later on. It is, however, relatively easy. Technical support can only reread the help files for you. In summary, we love the EHR organization and the custom report ability. We don't like the PM program due to its inability to have any custom date and some of the quirks of programming the EHR. If they made just a few basic functionalities available and had technical service, they could have a product that was head and shoulders above the rest.
December 16, 2012
Rock L.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Medical Billing”

OverallSo many bells and whistles it can be overwhelming. It is not user friendly for Billing Companies.
ProsNot much but it does have a lots of bells and whistles
ConsAs a Medical Billing Company it's not very user friendly. Since our clients do not use the scheduler it makes it more labor intensive for data entry. Too many clicks of a mouse to get the information entered.
derek c.
office manager
June 25, 2018

“Overall a great medical in house billing software and insurance check”

OverallCloud based in house billing, insurance eligibility checks on each patient that comes in and it can be set up to be run before patient ever walks through the door, easy back end work on denied claims, and reasonably priced availability to send out patient bills
ProsEasy for new medical billers to learn, easy for established medical billers to learn, quality one on ones to learn, instruction videos are very helpful, customer/tech support does their job very well, only had system go down once in 2 years and it was very brief and emails were sent to inform of outage, can add features that fit your practice
Conssometimes on hold to get through to tech/customer service for an extended period (once you are through they answer all your questions and give you undivided attention, some desired features that should be included cost extra, changing some services that were once included to pay for each time.
Jody T.
February 23, 2017

“Great Program with intrigal functionality”

OverallI have a Medical Billing Business and their CBO feature allows me to work several practices at the same time. I also like that if the practice is using another EHR software they can integrate with Advanced MD and the charges come over very smoothly to review. Overall Great Product.
ProsIntegration with other software. Payment posting and ERA claim reports. All very easy to use.
ConsThe only thing I don't like is the collections module, I do like it but I wish it was a little easier to use and didn't duplicate the message when you send it to someone else. I'm sure with a larger staff it would be useful but with my 4 I find it annoying. not enough to have me switch by far though.
Recommendations to other buyersThe Payer ID numbers a different since they use Relay health and you have to be aware of that. but it is really nice that all your clearing house fees and everything are rolled together with Advanced MD. I really would highly recommend them for any billing office. I have never used their EHR side so I cant speak to that.
Doreen H.
Director/Provider
October 12, 2018

“Very Disappointed ”

OverallThey will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!
ProsInstant eligibility checking, ability to access a patient's medication history from insurance company with touch of a button, template customization is easy.
ConsToo many different ways to do the same thing making it convoluted. Not at all user friendly or intuitive. Clunky. Hiccup after hiccup. Horrible mostly non existent tech support. Lots of errors and failed rx transmissions. Impossible to easily print a note or part of the chart! It doesn't format to print without first creating what's called a word merge template that coincides with each note template. Then you can create a document to print using this word merge option which pulls your note into a word doc. From there you need to edit spacing and copy and paste anything it failed to pull forward before you have a semi-professional note to print! Takes me at least an extra 20 minutes to do this! Ridiculous! Not to mention the price I was quoted and agreed to was half of what my average bill has been and they still, after 6 months have not been able to get billing set up with all my pay or sources!
October 12, 2018
paul w.
psychiatrist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
June 25, 2018

“Advancedmd- Switch from Practice Fusion”

OverallIt is a bit overwhelming to switch over to a product like this, but I think is well worth the effort in the long run. The support and training teams have been excellent and very responsive. They gave me a very low price /month as a solo practitioner, since I won't be using a lot of it's more advanced features.
ProsPrice point very competitive, especially for a solo practice Combines EHR and complete Practice Management/Billing software- fully integrated with clearinghouse Support and training are excellent and VERY comprehensive. Lots of videos to watch plus 10 hours 1:1 with a trainer. If you are a solo practitioner, it is possible to use this program yourself and not have any staff. Mobile APP for iphone/ipad is excellent. Very easy to schedule a patient on the fly, register a new patient, etc. with an iphone. They offer a credit card billing module that works great with co-payments.
ConsThere is a substantial learning curve. The product is well designed and very complex- what medical record/billing system isn't. I have used Medisoft for years and had Practice Fusion as a separate EHR. Combining the two should save a fair amount of money and time. Everything is in the cloud (is this better or not?). The training is extensive and very good, but there are 100's of features in this program. It is really made for an office with several MD's, nurses, front staff, etc., but you can have the program custom set up for one user and not use a lot of the features (such as check-in, check-out, auditing accounts, etc.)
Patty Z.
Practice Manager
June 22, 2017

“Satisfied Long Standing Client”

OverallWe have been a client for many years are very satisfied.
ProsHaving been a client for many years we have been through the "growing pains" with this company. Overall it has been a favorable relationship. AMD is always improving on the client experience. Initially I was not excited about the feature of having to create "online cases" for issues/questions/problems due to the concern for turnaround time. Overall this has turned into a positive experience as I no longer spend time calling the client line for support and the response time with a resolution is usually within 24 hours. Having an assigned Relationship Manager who is very attentive to my specific office needs has been extremely helpful.
ConsAll software companies have there issues AMD is no different but I cannot identify one specific area that I would deem a "con".
June 22, 2017
Aaron W.
Practice Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Good product, terrible customer 'service'”

OverallIt's helped eliminate a lot of manual effort with scanning in documents. THe reporting is pretty good. However, the implementation managers are terrible. They start presentations telling you that they will not respond for 48 hours to calls or emails outside of standing meetings. What they should say is that they won't respond at all. This mentality is common to all of the support staff.
ProsI like the fact that in many respects the system does what we need it to do, and has many features that reduce, if not eliminate paperwork.
ConsThe support. Horrendous, slow, and/or non-responses are common.
Donna K.
Administrator
July 11, 2017

“Very easy to learn and use.”

OverallWe recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.
ProsThere were many reports useful for billing, contract negotiation, AR, and patient demographics. It was easy to break out what charts had not been billed yet, what procedures were used the most, and how many patients were in what financial class or carrier. The schedule was super easy to see at a glance, daily, weekly or monthly.
ConsSome reports did not offer the option of beginning and ending dates. For example, to get a report of how many worker's compensation patients we saw in any given year, we would have to create a custom report that required a fee.
July 11, 2017
Manish S.
Manager - Revenue Cycle
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 14, 2018

“Robust but custom report is painful”

ProsVery detailed and every module is designed keeping the provider need in mind and to provide powerful case management and billing functionality
ConsCustom Report is very powerful tool provided to build reports. However, denials codes, remarks codes when tied with the claim, duplicates as it captures all transaction/insurance responses and should tie the recent insurance response only by default. There is no way to filter or apply rule to resolve the said issue and makes is very difficult to perform denial management. Default denial reports are anyways no match or provides freedom to add required headers/information. Additionally a single claim cannot be re-billed as a claim and has to be performed CPT wise for each claim and can be made easy. Customer Support is unable to understand the request and acknowledge/honor the improvement required. Otherwise AdvMD is comparatively is well designed and has huge potential if constantly developed.
June 14, 2018
MaryEllen H.
All around Girl Friday
July 17, 2017

“I am completely a new-beeeee!! It has been a short learning curve type of system - ”

ProsMost of it makes sense in a synopsis = I have not been a computer user overall and to actually begin with this system on a daily basis was a definite concern to me ,sleepless nights, that kind of thing. However, there was nothing to be concerned with. Its too easy!
ConsLittle to least like because it is well thought out. The questions can easily be answered by the tech support or our billing service. They interface with us and I can go directly to them if I get confused on any new topics. I have had difficulty with tech support realizing I am a contact person for our office, they seem to not have that on file although I have had our billing service address listing me numerous times and if any complaint - the tech support level one tries hard to address questions but it did take me far too many times w/level one techs to finally send me to have a repeated issue resolved by a higher tech dept. in your system.
July 17, 2017
Cindy R.
Financial Services, Unspecified
February 1, 2016

“Advance MD Review”

ProsI love the user friendly practice management software. Being user friendly not just on the front office end but the back office billing end. From sales, set up, training and support they are there for you!! I cant say this about most softwares. Usually after the sale and set up you are on your own. Not AMD they want to hear from you. They are there to help that clients whether adding new services or just a daily support call. If you have a comment or idea on how something can be better they are listening. The pricing is excellent and affordable. Their pm software is robust without being complicated which speaks volumes to the medical community.
ConsI would like to see the collections module developed more and offer some addition options. Working on old debt is time consuming in most any pm software and it pays nothing. So to make a collection module that would actually do more of that time consuming work would be worth so much to AMD clients.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the total package. When I am looking at a pm software I actually evaluate the pm software rather backwards. I want to see reporting to make sure I can gather the reporting information first that my practice requires. Then I look at ease of use on the billing piece from data entry of charges, manual payment posting, ERA, claims scrubbing and claims corrections,electronic statements and account receivable follow up.
February 1, 2016
Gary R.
Financial Services, Unspecified
January 27, 2016

“Advanced MD has given our business the leg up on the competition”

ProsMy firm OBT Billing Services, LLC made a corporate decision to move all of all providers to Advanced MD over a year ago. Since the partnership began the advanced MD software product has streamlined our services and claims processing 10 fold. Many of our 40+ providers were using a third party ehr which integrated into advanced MD taking the manual labor out of our day. Our providers love the back end use of the dashboard and the thoroughness of the advanced insight reporting tool. As far as EHR goes our two largest providers groups are completely thrilled with the complete package of practice management and EHR. In my 26 years in the medical billing area I have found that advanced MD's training and support provided by advanced MD is second to none.
ConsQuite frankly, there is not much to complain about with advanced MD. The product and the company exceed my expectations of what I look for in a partner.
Recommendations to other buyersMy only recommendation is that: if your are evaluating software for your medical practice and or billing company you would be doing your self an injustice by not including Advanced MD PM & EHR. Please inquire about the advanced InSights module and the Claims module. They will tip the scales in advanced MD's favor in every comparison. These areas in particular have made me a hero with my providers they will with yours as well.
January 27, 2016
Tristan K.
Office manage

“It's not good ”

OverallThe tec support are helpful but the software does not improve. Also the representative they assign to help you is useless
ProsIf you have a very basic practice it works
ConsEverything is an add on and if you have anything more complicated then a PCP office the features are just not there. Constant problems with connect and development just does not build features to compensate for shortcomings
Janai B.
May 23, 2017

“We have been a customer with AdvancedMD since 2009.”

ProsI really like the ease of learning and using the scheduling software. I am also very pleased with the support that is available, I am always treated with respect and the people are very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I have also enjoyed working with the Relationship Manager. She was instrumental in getting us started with AdvancedMD and I have been able to work closely with her over the years, she is always professional, knowledgeable and attentive, someone I know I can count on for answers.
ConsThere have been a few times when updates are made and things do not function as well as they should, but AdvancedMD listens and works hard to correct these issues.
May 23, 2017
Anjum A.
MD
February 23, 2017

“Pleased with the software but they need to improve the functionality, compatibilty ”

OverallAdvancedMD is a good and extensive program, I think as I am learning the program more and more, I realize it can do more, but Implementation team is not strong at the company as per my experience. if they would have trained us right from day 1, I would not be having the problems now what I am facing (The templates to meet the QM and MU were not set up right despite asking multiple time0
Pros1. If the implementation personnel is knowledgeable, the program is good and covers all bases, If you get the person I got, everything will be messed up. 2. The program offers billing, but I have not used it, so cannot comment on it. 3. Scheduling is very simple and it automatically checks the eligibility of the patient
Cons1. Software not compatible if you have Apple products, so if you have that, as of now its not the best/compatible software. (I had to buy 2 PC other than iMac, MacBook and 2 iPads)- extra expense as the program representative failed to inform me of that 2. Ifax does not work with Chrome, Safari, only work with Internet Explorer. Ifax is not very friendly either. 3. The program is not compatible with Fujitsu scanners to upload/scan documents, only Taiwan compatible scanners are compatible with AdvancedMD. I had to get the scanner separate as ifax always shows line busy and 6 out of 10 attempts you cannot get anything faxed to the software. Had to buy a second scanner (Brother) that was compatible 4. Not very friendly software when comes to bi-directional interface with labs
Gwen M.
Medical Division Manager
August 23, 2019

“Advanced MD Provides Effective Solutions for Practices”

OverallI really enjoy working with this company. I find them friendly and helpful. The software has its occasional problems (cloud-based can be effected by server issues, internet connectivity, etc) but they are never issues that last long - AMD is quick to act to take care of their customers.
ProsEase of template creation and modification Ease of payment posting and billing functions Patient Portal included Many add-on features that integrate well with the software
ConsIssues are usually limited to lower level knowledge of software functions - however, a call to support generally handles these problems quickly.
Lairie B.
Practice Admin

“Advanced MD”

OverallI highly recommend Advanced MD.
ProsAdvanced MD is an amazing program. You can literally teach new employees the program within a few minutes. There are so many ways to get the same response and it has just about every option to help our medical practice that we need. Their customer service is always exceptional and professional.
ConsSometimes there are small qlitches, but they are always corrected immediately and we have never been down more than a couple hours once or twice in over 12 years. I would also like better reporting but I know they are in the works.
Jeremy J.
Physician, Owner
May 2, 2017

“Stay Away!”

ProsSoftware itself has tremendous capabilities, advanced patient is nice, checking patient in thru ipad
ConsSlow response time, lack of accountability. I have a 2 physician practice and AMD took over our billing 2 months ago. We have racked up 90 unsubmitted claims. The issue? They couldn't find the correct address to submit the claims. We "opened a case" 5 weeks ago and had no response for 5 weeks. Response? "We had trouble finding the right phone number." I have tried to escalate this issue several times with no phone call back. Today finally someone responded and admitted that they had not allocated resources to our account, so someone was only checking our account once a week (which I find hard to believe it was even that often. The trend seems to be...they make promises, talk a big game, don't follow thru. Don't anticipate any problems. Didn't get agreements set up for our DME either. They have caused a huge cash flow problem with our practice, and have not shown any indication that they are going to dedicate resources to fix. Implementation was a nightmare as well. They have "trainers" that can't tell you how to send orders or faxes thru the emr. I paid for templates to be built. In the end templates have wrong CPT codes built in, and "sorry we need more money to fix problems." I regret this nightmare of a company.
May 2, 2017
David R.
Operations Director
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
December 20, 2016

“Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.”

OverallThe PM software works as expected. We have saved about 35 work hours/week using AdvancedMD over our previous billing system. We hit so many bumps while working with the implementation team. They had a set script and any deviation led to multiple challenges. It took weeks to get questions answered. They didn't appear to take notes in meetings or put the follow-up actions on a to-do list. Despite what had been worked out with the sales team, the implementation team was unaware of our specific contract details. Hopefully, they've gotten the training or support they needed. We appealed to leadership in the sales department to get expert help, and to AdvancedMD's credit they recognized the problem and connected us with a fantastic person. PM Implementation took months longer than "normal" according to the schedule they provided us, and EHR implementation is ongoing a year after we signed the contract. I believe our implementation will succeed, however pyrrhic. It's been rough. I've fallen in love with paper in a way I couldn't have imagined twelve months ago.
ProsI like the pricing options- many companies will not offer per claim pricing. Chrome support is slowly taking shape.
ConsSoftware ostensibly supports flexible workflows, but in practice, each adjustment results in a spiraling accumulation of epicycle-esque inefficiencies.
Recommendations to other buyersBuyer beware, if you don't know how to setup your own EDIs and you are looking to customize the product then you should definitely shop around. We have learned that the software demo is not sufficient to evaluate a product unless the feature set mirrors your workflow exactly.
December 20, 2016
Quentin B.
September 6, 2016

“Like the PM/EHR (even with pop-up ads), avoid Billing Service.”

ProsThere is more functionality built into the reporting side than we will ever use. We're a small practice (1 provider) and in terms of the software (PM and EHR), it exceeds our needs in functionality in almost every way. The user interface is a bit cumbersome (and now includes pop-up medication advertising, which is annoying...) in our setting (Family Practice), but not too complicated. The system up-time has been impressive. In the last year, I don't recall more than 2 brief interruptions, the longest of which was about 1/2 of a day and corrected by the next AM when we returned to work.
ConsThere are a couple of significant downsides to Advanced MD, particularly the Billing portion of our service. Keep these things in mind if you're a small practice looking for a comprehensive software package (PM/EHR/Billing): Advanced MD is expensive relative to other comprehensive packages out there. I called to ask for a reduction, and was told that they would like to raise the rate to 9% because our monthly net income was lower than the average. They didn't raise it, but it set us out to explore other vendors. Not one competitor has quoted us over 6% for the same services. And not every vendor has a monthly minimum. We also receive pop-up medication advertisements in our patient EHR. Advertisements in our patient charts for medications... I called tech support asking about the ads shortly after they started and was told, "We can't remove them, they're part of the software." ]It seems surprising to see ads pushed in the software. Aside from the price and pushed ads, the software works well. The billing service, not so much. We had been using Advanced MD for over 1 year before we were given a person to contact for issues related to our service. They gave us an Account Manager a little over a month ago. In general, if you can deal with the forced advertisements within an expensive software package, don't require assistance or guidance aside from internet videos, you will do well with Advanced MD software. The same can't be said for the billing service, but for most practices, I would imagine that is a separate issue and expense. We chose to bundle and it is evaluated as such. If you just stick to the PM/EHR, even at the price, I think it is a decent software package.
Recommendations to other buyersI can't speak to experienced practices, but if you're a new practice looking for a comprehensive package (PM/EHR/BILLING), shop around. While we like Advanced MD for the EHR/PM software, even WITH these new medication pop-ups, keep in mind that it is pricey. You are paying more for the EHR/PM through Advanced MD than through many other vendors. We would recommend avoiding the billing software. In our practice, we want a comprehensive, bundled package going forward, and will likely seek out other vendors in an effort to reduce our expenses and improve our billing experience.
September 6, 2016
Jenna C.
Mental Health Care, Unspecified
1.5/5
1.5/5
June 2, 2014

“Over Promised and Under Delivered”

ProsThe integrated workflow included a PM platform that would have worked well for the billers and the EHR note templates were intuitive to the clinicians. The IT team seems very knowledgeable and helpful.
ConsFirst, it only works in Internet Explorer. Not only does this limit you, but it causes problems as well. For example, each workstation has to be configured with specific internet settings before the program will even let you log into it. This is rather cumbersome for our practice given that there are ten office locations throughout the state. It became problematic when IE released a new version, though. Settings had to be reconfigured. Since certain functionality is not built into IE, downloads were required, and even then, certain links would not launch. ADP customer service informed me that it was a software issue on my end, and gave no assistance beyond repeating the steps I had followed. Second, implementations do not go quickly. At nearly every step, I had to wait three to four weeks for the next step. It wasn't because I didn't have the necessary data, but because that was when the next meeting time was available. Also, the configuration IT groups were not on the same page. Configuration was trying to give me a live date when IT had not even begun the conversion work. Finally, although willing to deal with the troubleshooting that was required to keep 25 clinicians and ten office staff configured correctly and to coordinate the implementation myself, I was not willing to sacrifice the efficiencies the sales team had promised. In the sales pitch, the cost for EHR was beyond our price point, and we declined to sign. The ADP sales lead suggested "EHR lite," which meant purchasing just the PM platform and using the templates and electronic notes available in the PM side. Since we have no MD, we do not need high dollar add-on functionality like eRx, so it sounded like a great option. I asked and the team verified that all the functionality I did need would be available in the PM platform, and it would just work a bit differently. Not so. As I got into the implementation phase, I was unable to create templates in the PM platform because my 2010 word processor was not an old enough version to work with the software. I manually created custom templates that customer service agreed should have worked, but which would not function as forms for clinicians unless they completed every note or report in a single sitting. As a solution, customer service proposed our clinicians finish all documents in a single sitting. No edits allowed. This is actually impossible for some evaluations. So no templates for us, and, honestly, even if they had worked, sales forgot to mention that prior note data and significant data like Dx would not be available to populate future templates. There was also no trackable workflow. Billers would not know if there were outstanding notes or when a note was completed unless they manually checked, which would have been possible because there was no way to limit access to the PM notes. You either have access to all notes (including office-related documents) or none.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend options that are web-based, which work in any browser on any device, and that have stability statistics shared by the vendor. Also, request access to experiment with the software beforehand, access to training demos, and/or multiple live demonstrations that thoroughly cover all areas of your needs so that you can truly see how well it will operate. On other demonstrations, I have seen products crash, or found so many issues with workflow and functionality that it was easy to decline.
June 2, 2014