PlanGuru Ratings

Overall

About PlanGuru

Designed for the small to medium sized business, PlanGuru's sophisticated methods allow you to budget and forecast for up to 10 years without having to create formulas. Plus you get cash flow analysis, financial ratios and other analytical tools to help you evaluate and improve your business performance. PlanGuru is affordable, starting at $99. QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero & Excel compatible. Free 30 Day Trial. Learn more about PlanGuru

Jeff S.
October 14, 2010

“Great value in cash flow planning”

OverallOverall a great cash flow program for the price. it has many features that programs 10 times the price do not have.
ProsPlan Guru is a straightforward application for generating cash flow statements. I have used the product since 2003, and have watched it evolve from a simple tool to a more sophisticated application. The company has been receptive to user requests such as increasing the size of database fields to allow larger numbers, adding supplementary schedules, and direct cash flow projections. Some of the debt amortization wizards are very handy, providing current portion of LTD in addition to amortizing loan balances and interest charges. They have also included some valuation and ratio analysis work papers that are very handy. This is a small company (at least it operates as one) where you can actually talk to a real live person. All in all, it is a very good application for the price.
ConsThe application occasionally will show some instability, but this has been vastly improved over earlier versions. There are recovery routines so most of the data is not lost. The crashes seem mostly due to print driver compatabilities. The developers are pretty good at fixing these issues. Large, complicated formulas may run into size limits when calculating dollar outcomes. When this occurs, I have created interim formulas in a workbook to get to the final formula. It's nice that the application has supplementary schedules for the P&L. However there are no such supporting schedules for the balance sheet. Much of the work I do is in the balance sheet. It would nice to have a supporting schedule that would clean up the balance sheet presentation. The learning curve can be a little steep for the novice user. The application was developed by CPAs for CPAs, although this application is valuable for private companies.
Dave B.
Founder and Chief Consultant
Financial Services, Self-employed
November 27, 2018

“PlanGuru Forecasting Software is the Best”

OverallI use PlanGuru to build business forecasts for my clients so that I can provide great service, especially to growth oriented clients who hold themselves accountable to their goals. I have used PlanGuru results (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Valuations) to support my clients with their banking relationships and for providing investors with forecasts that support business models for startups and going concerns too.
ProsPlanGuru provides upfront training on how to utilize the software using case studies so a new user can learn, practice and see the results of the case studies. This is critical to the user because it allows a new user the opportunity to learn from mistakes in a case study, as well as the opportunity to try different modeling techniques. I learned the importance of thinking through assumptions, KPIs and all drivers that impact forecasting of details on the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements in case studies. I continued to learn every time I used PlanGuru. I also used the output many times in serving my clients. Each and every time I need support of any kind, PlanGuru always got back to me in 24 hours or less and stayed glued to me until my question or issue was completed resolved to my satisfaction. I always had service with a smile via email or on a one on one phone call.
ConsI was annoyed when I learned that my software was shut down remotely when PlanGuru adopted an annual license fee after several years of no fees, unless you opted in for an upgrade to a new version. I got over it as I realize that the software and the customer service and support are superb.
Mark D.
Finance Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
November 23, 2018

“Solid product, Feature-Rich, Intuitive Design, Great value for small- to medium-sized businesses.”

OverallI am attempting to build budgets for my clients using the PlanGuru software installed on the remote cloud desktop. Overall, the product has met my expectations. I have used several similar large/deluxe budgeting tools built for Fortune 500 companies that cost 10 times as much (or more), and this is a very good "abridged" budgeting software for small businesses that is still very feature-rich. The support I have received from the technical team has been very good; they have been very responsive to my requests. The cloud desktop experience was a little bit more laggy than I expected. I LOVE the Excel add-in. It is a very powerful tool. However, I thought the installation of the add-in was a little more complicated than it should be, especially based on the cost of the cloud subscription. There is room for PlanGuru to improve a few things, but I will be using for future clients, and I highly recommend this product for small- to medium-sized businesses.
ProsVery intuitive design. Most features/functions are just a right-click away. If you don't understand exactly what you are looking at, the tutorial videos are GREAT, and they have links to the relevant videos built right into the program where you need them. Excel Add-in is a very powerful tool. A real selling-point for PlanGuru. If you know how to use a pivot table, you will love this tool. Consolidations. If you have multiple departments, or groups of departments, consolidations is a must-have. Excel Links. If the myriad of PlanGuru projection methods aren't good enough, just suck in whatever data you want from Excel to the budgeting tool.
ConsIt would be great if this product was built as a web/browser-based product, rather than a local client install. Then the users could also save on the cost of the remote cloud desktop, and installation/connectivity should be easier. There should really be a "mass-refresh" button/method in the Excel add-in that would refresh every tab at once. A "mass-consolidation" button in the PlanGuru application would be nice, too. I wish there was a "help forum" where users could assist one another and help troubleshoot issues. Support is responsive, and the videos are great. But support can't answer you as fast as a forum search would, and the videos don't cover everything. Chances are SOMEONE has had the same question in the past.
November 23, 2018
Shelly H.
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“Plan Guru for financial consultants”

OverallI've been able to help my clients create future plans and look at many what if scenarios and their affect on the balance sheet without having to worry about whether my formulas are correct in excel.
ProsThe flexibility of the application for creating multiple forecasts and budgets using a variety of assumptions and KPI's. the use of excel to integrate and add additional flexibility to the program. The subschedules allow multiple ways to forecast revenue and track other expenses. the integration of the balance sheet and ability to see affect the forecast has on the balance sheet items.
ConsSome lack of flexibility in reporting. Lack of ability to print reports from analytics.
Patricia K.
Textiles, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Budgeting Software Every Business Owner Should Own”

OverallI own a manufacturing business and produce an annual budget and a multi-year projection. I am not a CPA nor am I trained as a bookkeeper. When I needed to replace my old budgeting software I was particularly concerned whether it was appropriate for someone who isn't a pro. I wasn't disappointed: once purchased I was up and running within the hour. Anytime I've had a question that I couldn't answer through the help screens or online tutorials I've been able to discuss my problem with tech support! This is huge for me. I've also taken some of the online courses called PlanGuru University, which were invaluable. I wish my CPA used this software.
Pros1) Functionality. 2) Easy to use. 3) Great help screens. 4) Terrific tutorials. 5) Fantastic customer support.
ConsI'd like to track 5 years historical data to project a budget analysis.
Michael F.
COO
Public Safety, 11-50 employees

“PlanGuru”

OverallOverall great experience and is highly recommended based on our needs, which is a company under $10M in revenue with less than 50 employees.
ProsPlanGuru makes it easy to build a complete budget and forecast, compare budget to actuals, keep an eye on cash and track KPI's. When getting started and familiar with the software, PG has a very responsive and knowledgable support team. Lastly, for those in management that just want to look at the KPI's they can log into Analytics.
ConsThe one challenge we had as a business was having to move outside of PG during a period of time when cash flow was being managed weekly. PG is limited to monthly.
Ted F.
CFO/Tax Director
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

“Easy Starting”

ProsA very good starting package. Not overly complicated yet quite sophisticated with options that can accommodate large enterprises.
ConsA bit on the slow side when you start putting together multiple divisions or consolidated corporations. Would like to plan on a monthly basis and report on a Qrtly. That can be done, but probably only by using the Advance Reporting Package which adds a little more complexity and time to the process.
Victor M.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
November 4, 2016

“Good product but far from the ideal Forecasting software”

OverallPlan Guru is an excellent product, specially considering that there are no products out there with this many features at this price level. If you want to have the best products you will have to pay tens of thousands every year, ie. Budget Maestro. However I think PG has some room for improvement, such as 1.- More flexibility in the automatization for the recording of Historical and actual values. Not even copy and paste is possible. 2.- Make it more friendly. PG can only be mastered by someone with a strong background in Finance 3.- Expand reporting capabilities and allow to export reports to excel with up the 36 months instead of only 12 mo. 4.- Develop a Mac version or a web version 5.- Develop Inventory module and allow for supporting schedule on the Balance sheet 6.- Flexibility in putting some values ( ie. interest expense) in the balance sheet for capitalization purposes
Pros-Once you have all the numbers, projections are very fast and exact. -Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow integration -Links to excel files
Cons- The link process is very long and tedious - No possibility of using formulas in the actual and historical data - Need an inventory module - Need Supporting schedule for the Balance sheet
Recommendations to other buyersIf you work mostly by yourself and need a good integration when dealing with financial forecasts, this is the product. If you need a company product with colaboration, tPG is not very friendly
November 4, 2016
Jody G.
Accounting, Unspecified
April 23, 2015

“Great product. A must have for all forward thinking companies.”

ProsIt is easy to use. It is the only product in the market that I am aware of that focuses on the balance sheet and in particular cash.
ConsReporting features could be enhanced. Would like to be able to hide accounts that are no longer in use. When reporting condense some categories while expanding others.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is nice that you can make small changes to the assumptions that don't take hours to see the results.
April 23, 2015
James A.
Information Technology Analyst
Chemicals, 51-200 employees

“Plan Guru review”

OverallOverall our experience with Plan Guru has been pretty good. The price point was extremely appealing and is what pulled us to the software. For the most part the software runs without any major issues. I think our one issue we had may have been specific to just our company. I can honestly say that working with their customer support was pretty easy as well. All communication was handled through email.
ProsOne of the pros to this software is the price point at which features are standard. I worked with our CFO to pick out the software. We review different suites of software and found that Plan Guru offered the most for the price.
ConsWe have had some issues where we setup multiple user accounts and they share some of the same files. I think they may have some glitches in the software as everyone had the same access but certain individuals were not able to create copies or new documents from the same exact file.
Eric L.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Unspecified
July 3, 2014

“PlanGuru - Software for small business”

ProsPlanGuru is good software. One of its key advantages is you can import all your data from any accounting system, and it is really user-friendly software. Support was really helpful at the beginning, and it made my experience with PlanGuru better. It's good software for the price. It was one of the cheapest when I bought it.
ConsMy version of PlanGuru still has some bugs. When I import my data, the software notes the import date in the right account. It seems it doesn't recognize the information. Between each import, the description of some accounts are changed, so I have always to re-link the account or manually enter some accounts. I think using only a description as common information for the import is inefficient. People should use the account number.
Recommendations to other buyersSolve the problem with the data import. Cash-flow isn't user-friendly.
July 3, 2014
Mary G.
Principle
Management Consulting, Self-employed

“Great software ”

OverallOverall I have great experience with Plan Guru and will recommend to other users.
ProsEase to use, similar to excel format, good layout
ConsNot flexible on data assumptions on each year, not probably formulated on depreciation calculation
Moira B.
Business Management
Accounting, 501-1000 employees
February 18, 2019

“PlanGuru is great.”

ProsPlanGuru is a wonderful tool that makes it extremely easy for small businesses to budget projects as well as determine how well the projects are doing. PlanGuru is extremely easy to use and integrate with software like Quickbooks. The customization of everything on plan Guru is immense and extremely flexible. Overall, PlanGuru is easy to use and wonderful to have.
ConsPlanGuru lacks a couple of integrations that I would like to see implemented in the future.
February 18, 2019
Darvi R.
CP{A
November 20, 2018

“I can still remember what I used to do!”

OverallProfessional and great customer support. When I have had a question they respond quickly. The software itself is very stable. I have never lost a clients data
ProsI was using it within 15 minutes of installation. Used to have all of these excel templates and would worry about deleting or inadvertently altering a calculation. I can now concentrate on what our end goal is and don't worry about the mathematical accuracy and the presentation.
ConsI rarely say this NONE! Apparently being completely pleased is not enough of a word count so I had to add this sentence.
Mylene M.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“Great tool in making financial decision!”

ProsBusiness need to know if the financial condition of the company is sufficient before engaging to a business or project. With PlanGuru you can forecast your financial status at a given period. This will help to make sure that the project you are planning to work will be completed.
ConsPlanGuru is a subscription based in consideration with number of users. Make sure to get the plan suitable for the company to maximize your savings.
August 16, 2018
Nadim A.
Events Services, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2018

“A Basic Forecasting and Planning Tool”

Overall- It's certainly not a system that motivates me to get off excel. I don't use it very much and will probably cancel my subscription.
Pros- it has the ability to pull in actuals from Quickbooks online - there are some workarounds for managing revenue recognition
Cons- it is not cloud based - and so requires you to download the tool, but doesn't work unless you're connected to the internet (so even though I have it downloaded, I can't access it when I'm on a flight, and I travel frequently) - very cumbersome to set up access with different Classes (from quickbooks). The Quickbooks budgeting tool is easier to use for this purpose - very cumbersome to set up any sort of scenario analysis - much easier to just create an excel workbook - has no flexibility for FX management. I have a number of expenses in CAD, and revenues in USD, and I don't have the flexibility to see the impact of FX. Nor do I have the ability to work with multiple currencies. - they provide little to no support to get set up - unless one pays for their consulting service, which was a little bit helpful. - the videos on the website are very basic
Edward B.
Co-Owner

“Good planning tool”

ProsVery flexible - you can be as detailed as you want to with this tool
ConsCan be somewhat difficult to set up because of its flexibility
Gary H.
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 29, 2014

“My Review of PlanGuru”

ProsI like the product's flexibility. Most companies can handle the forecasting of a P&L fairly well using Excel. PlanGuru excels in that not only does it forecast the P&L well, but it also has the flexibility of computing the balance sheet and cash flow, using our calculation method. This enables us to perform "What if" analyses with various revenue numbers that will simultaneously create a P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow that all work together.
ConsNothing. I think this is a great product for the dollar.
Recommendations to other buyersBe prepared. Have a clear idea of the supporting data and calculations in building your P&L and Balance Sheet. This will enable you to be most efficient in your implementation.
May 29, 2014
Dana W.
Accounting, Self-employed
November 29, 2018

“Good program for the price ”

ProsEase of use. As a first time user learning curve was quick
ConsFrequently of upgrades. More would be nice
November 29, 2018
Rose F.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Pretty Good Value”

OverallOverall, a good tool for the cost. There are some limitations and frustrations, but it is a definite improvement over strictly excel based models. Probably not a forever solution as out business grows, but is a good option for small companies.
ProsAffordable Flexibility for planning different scenarios Payroll functionality Import function from QB
ConsNo Export to QB Need a bit of technical know-how to create the calculations and schedules On several instances my files have become corrupt or somehow had errors that required support assistance to get operational which took several days during the tight budget period Reporting functions are lack-luster. Would prefer an export to QB to use QB reporting functions for financials.
Garett H.
Partner

“PlanGuru Review”

OverallThis tool helps to get speed in building a set of projections. It is excellent to have the integration of balance sheet, profit & loss and cash flow.
ProsAbility to build complex financial models/projections without having to worry about the integrity of a complicated Excel file.
ConsHave had some software crashes with certain version releases.
Scott R.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Value Offering”

OverallChallenging to get up to speed on using the software. Customer support is lacking. Bugs in software required me to upgrade - which feels like it lacks integrity.
ProsLow cost. Full financials with balance sheet, cash flow, owners equity. Extra supporting schedules.
ConsLimited forecasting years. Difficult to make 3 year forecast. Minimal customer support. I would like to customize reporting templates from PlanGuru, so I don't have to reformat each time.
Jerre F.
Business Process Manager
Farming, 11-50 employees

“Great Forecasting Software!”

OverallThe cash-flow forecasting is key to our company, along with the forecasting and budgeting abilities for original forecast, revised and actual, along with the reporting capabilities.
ProsThe ease of use, cash-flow forecasting and variety of reports.
ConsCan be a little tricky to start, but support can get you through the bumps.
vicky w.
admin
Retail, 1-10 employees
November 9, 2016

“Awesome Product Awesome Support”

Overallit is very easy to use, very flexible. it saves my time and it generate results fast for planning. the platform is easy for the eyes, help links are awesome. lots of videos, articles, webinars! awesome supports i.e. friendly and knowledgeable.
Prosfriendly flexible fast
Consthey really need to have monthly for current year plus next 3 years many businesses are seasonal
Recommendations to other buyerstry it!!
November 9, 2016
Kerry M.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
February 12, 2019

OverallExcellent for 5-year projections, under different scenarios
ProsOptions available for modeling projections Built in Tutorials Importing and exporting capabilities
ConsSome rules are complex Would like manual overrides for individual line items by month without breaking a rule
February 12, 2019
Douglas C.
Owner/President
November 20, 2018

“PlanGuru for Growing Companies”

OverallGreat experience and customer support. Highly recommend PlanGuru University.
ProsSoftware was very user friendly. Was able to hit ground running with budgets and forecasting models in first week.
ConsWish there was shareable dashboard for clients.
Rachael P.
Accountant

“PG to the rescue”

OverallThis tool has really taken our ability to forecast and budget to the next level! It helps us be able to pinpoint problem areas easier so that we can make changes quicker.
ProsIt fully integrated with QuickBooks and Excel and provides quality reports I know I can depend on.
ConsSome functions are a bit time consuming.
Michael W.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Good add-on with QBO”

OverallWe needed a budget and forecast tool more robust than QBO offered. PlanGuru has solved this need and has saved me time.
ProsPlanGuru has an Excel analytics tool that allows you to pull budget, forecast, and actual information into excel. Once you build custom reports, you can easily make adjustments and resync information in seconds.
ConsThere are times I am navigating data in PlanGuru when the functionality I expect to be there is not. I am used to Excel so much that I need to slow down and learn the software. Again, this is why I love the ability to link the data to Excel for custom reporting.
Macey S.
Production Assistant
June 28, 2018

“Fairly Impressed- Takes time!”

ProsStrong budgeting and forecasting features. QuickBooks support available. (THAT is important for me.)
ConsRequires some financial sophistication to use. This is tricky for some new users. After time, it is well worth the investment.
June 28, 2018
Nikki J.
Senior Accountant
Construction, 501-1000 employees

“Plan Guru Review”

OverallIt helps see our budget vs actual and trends year over year.
ProsI like the different ways you can project out balances from prior years
ConsI wish there was a better way to have separate company budgets/actual and then roll up to a consolidated budget/actual. I wish the price included as more users and it was online rather than on a machine so others can access as well.
Mark P.
Accounting, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great product for planning & budgeting”

OverallVery good product if you regularly work with budgets, forecasts, modeling
ProsMust still use spreadsheets to a certain extent but PlanGuru simplifies building forecast models
ConsReport generator is not as flexible or fast as I would like
September 12, 2018
Brian C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees

“CFO”

OverallLong time user. Overall excellent experience.
ProsEase of use was the most attractive feature.
ConsWe had to migrate away form quick books and not the system we use does not interface with GP.
Rakesh Sharma .
May 16, 2013

“Simplify Your Accounting Practices”

OverallPerhaps, the tool's greatest benefit lies in its ability to automate and simplify complex budgeting and forecasting practices. That it does this without the help of messy and unwieldy excel sheets is fantastic. PlanGuru also provides comprehensive analysis for your line items. For example, modeling techniques enable you to accrue expenses or declare dividends in multiple formats.
ProsExcellent and extensible tool to simplify complex accounting
ConsInterface can be made more attractive and simple
May 16, 2013
Tiffany G.
Chief Financial Officer
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2018

“PlanGuru is Great for its Value”

OverallI was able to move my forecasting out of excel and into a program that allows me to project out 5 years. I am still new to the program but so far it appears to be a great resource for our business.
ProsIt is very cost effective and has been a resource to suit our needs for forecasting/budgeting. It has been very easy to import data via Excel.
ConsI wish the software had the ability to directly connect to NetSuite so I didn't have to import and export via excel.
Darin D.
November 21, 2018

“PlanGuru - Great Idea but leaves you lacking”

OverallOverall, I like the concept PlanGuru is trying to bring with this software; however, they don't provide great customer support (unless you want to pay for it). Any efficiencies I gained with the budgeting process were lost immediately during the first budget to actual comparison I ran. Will not be continuing my subscription.
ProsGreat program for budgeting and setting up a budget
ConsIntegration with QBs desktop is chunky and slow. It takes me longer to run a budget to actual comparison with PlanGuru than it did when I ran a similar comparison outside of PlanGuru. Costumer support is lacking...basic level help is available but in-depth help comes at a cost, which seems ridiculous for the price you pay for the software. Training was a waist of time. No structure just someone droning on about the features. Online videos are out of date and don't match new updates.
November 21, 2018
David M.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“PLan Guru is quality budgeting software”

OverallVery pleased with software. It has allowed us to have accurate, flexible budgets for multiple companies.
ProsAbility to handle wide range of scenarios. Flexibility and multiple calculation options.
ConsLack of 'back' button. Some screens are a bit cumbersome.
Mohamed N.
CFO Consultant

“PG workings ”

OverallI have installed it in several of my clients and it has improved planning systematically.
ProsIt is able to model assumptions well and gives the user a range of ways that assumptions can be input. The level of detail is also good. The flow of the Balance Sheet and cash flow is easy to understand.
ConsUnable to model asset based lending situations that has special charhacterisitics.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“A great budgeting tool!”

OverallAn outstanding sales and support team. CSR was outstanding in answering my questions when I was working on importing data and the webinars he did, one public and one that was 1-1 with me really helped me to decide to recommend buying PlanGuru to my GM.
ProsPlanGuru is an outstandingly good budgeting tool for small businesses. The features provided with the license cost are worth far beyond the charge and equal to solutions charged at 10-15 times the price by competitors. It allows for multiple departments to roll up into a consolidated overall budget.
ConsThe learning curve is pretty steep. The online tutorials aren't quite up to the detail level I was looking for. They're good, but I just needed more details on certain aspects.
Tara J.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 26, 2015

“Good for small businesses”

ProsThe reporting exports are nice and clean. It is easy to upload information for historical data. The use of the overall product seems good. Although, the RE and NI seems to be calculating opposite of what I would expect to see. The program can be self taught and that is always good.
ConsYou can't seem to see Prior year over Current year, only Actual to Budget.
Recommendations to other buyersBeware that it does have limitations. However, it is a good product for small businesses.
February 26, 2015
Lauren R.
Real Estate, Unspecified
September 16, 2014

“PlanGuru Review ”

ProsIt has saved a lot of time building reports.
ConsIt was a little difficult getting in contact with someone for help after the initial setup and training.
Recommendations to other buyersYou don't need to spend thousands of dollars to get a good program. Don't disregard a product because it seems too cheap.
September 16, 2014
Robert B.
Retail, Unspecified
September 12, 2014

“Excellent Budgeting Product”

ProsI like its simplicity. The support is quick. The product has all of the functionality to produce a consolidate the P&L and balance sheet.
ConsConsolidating takes a while and needs to be organised.
Recommendations to other buyersTry the free download. You will see how easy it is to use.
September 12, 2014
Armando A.
Accounting Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2018

“A great product with minor issues”

Overall Great forecasting tools.
ProsLove the ease of use, flexibility, and support.
ConsLove to be able to print or download information a lot easier.
Lauren C.
Publishing, 51-200 employees

“PlanGuru Review”

ProsThat I can budget AND forecast on a department and sub-department level with version control and budget to actual reporting for a VERY affordable price!
ConsThat I can't lock down the payroll component easier
Erin H.
National Director of Corporate Finance
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Foundation source review”

OverallVery good. Can now provide much more robust reporting to our Board
ProsEase of use, user interface and simplicity
ConsNegative values show up as positives when you copy in If you change a value to zero, it will not override when copied in the template
Howie T.
Maitinace supervisor
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2016

“Guru”

OverallDon't like it it faults out alot.it was very easy to use but it just doesn't wo4k sometimes.
ProsReally easy to use
ConsJust stops working
Recommendations to other buyersConsider a different program
October 19, 2016
Ashraf K.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“PlanGuru Review”

Overallit is a good solution but glitches need to be fixed and have more flexibility
ProsGreat for budgeting overall and by projects
ConsIt was glitchy at times by not importing excel sheets or causing errors
sean p.
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2016

“PlanGuru forecast software”

OverallWe purchased this software after reviewing many company options. Our funds to purchase budget/forecast software was minimal. We came across PlanGuru, whose price point was within our budget. I can tell you the software performs just like any other budget/forecast software. It is compatible with QuickBooks, so you can import your G/L into the software at will. Once the data is imported, you can begin forecasting by month, year, etc. You can also save unlimited number of files for historical review. The software is very user-friendly and customer service is very responsive. I would highly recommend this software for those companies with minimal money to spend on forecasting software.
October 3, 2016
Howard D.
CPA

“PlanGuru”

OverallThe potential the software can bring to our services.
ProsOnce you learn how the software works, you realize how powerful and flexible it is
ConsI wish I had more time to learn all that the software can do.
Joshua C.
Accountant
Accounting, Unspecified
September 8, 2016

“Budgeting/Forecasting”

ProsAble to send portions of the budget to other people in the firm to fill out and return to me.
ConsTook a little time to get the hang of, but a good product.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is cheaper than other software (prophix), and seems to do the same thing.
September 8, 2016
Susan M.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
June 17, 2016

“Required a forecasting software to present high quality reports”

ProsAnytime I have had a problem they were able to resolve it quicky
ConsSoftware has a bit of a learning curve to become proficient rapidly. However support provided compensates.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the courses offered so you can get up to speed quickly.
June 17, 2016