Kitomba Ratings

Overall

About Kitomba

Kitomba is the complete business management software thats been helping thousands of salons, spas and clinics achieve success since 2002. It has all the industry specific features you need to successfully manage your business along with the support you want. Providing free unbeatable support has always been important to us. Our dedicated support team is available to help you 7 days a week including after hours and weekends, and are available by phone, email or chat. Learn more about Kitomba

Carla T.
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2019

“Great All-round Salon/Spa Software”

OverallGreat overall experience- they take all feedback and often release new features due to popular demand. Constantly upgrading and improving their software.
ProsWe love how extensive the system is- we can run reports on every thing we need, plus more! The customer service is great- they always answer our calls or emails very quickly.
ConsThe cost, however, we are totally happy paying the cost as we receive so many benefits.
Aisling K.

“Aesthetic Industry ”

ProsOnline bookings Reporting Automation of marketing
ConsClients unable to leave a review Cost of text messages is too high
Junia K.
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
April 24, 2018

“We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc - fabulous”

Overallauto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.
ProsI like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!
ConsThe only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

By Kitomba on May 2, 2018
Hi Junia, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you. Kind regards, Anna
Leigh J.
August 3, 2019

“Fantastic Customer support ”

ProsI can always call Kitomba support to help guide me thru whatever it is I'm trying to do or searching for. The customer marketing tools are very good
ConsKitomba does not have the ability to create re-occurring bookings
Dorien V.
Ex Business owner
May 26, 2019

“Great business tool”

OverallI've found it a great tool to use, it's easy to use and constantly being improved and updated. Thanks Kitomba I will miss seeing my business summaries now that I am no longer a client of yours.
ProsAccess to business information quickly and efficiently for bookings, targets and KPIs wherever you are at anytime. Great support staff and continual improvements being made to stream line the experience for the user. Easy to use and data is easy to read and understand.
ConsFairly Expensive for a small business, charges for txts and emails is not really worth the price considering most businesses Using this software will be messaging many clients regarding appointments. This means some businesses would be less likely to use the marketing tools available in the software as the messaging charges would Defeat the purpose of using the marketing tools and resources available to use in the software.
May 26, 2019
Anita A.
August 9, 2019

“Keeps the salon on track. ”

ProsKitomba has been great for my salon it helps keep everything on track and I am able to see what is going on at work even when I'm not there. The new time sheet feature has been amazing it keeps my staff honest and saves a lot of time chasing them up to put in their hours.
ConsIt does not integrate the hours from to.e sheet to zero.
August 9, 2019
Stephanie L.
May 1, 2018

“Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting. ”

ProsEasy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.
ConsNot sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.
Diana B.

“Kitomba review”

OverallThe reporting is excellent and easy to use. It helps me measure my business KPI's on a daily basis. It also helps set my weekly, monthly targets and allows my team to access them easily through Kitomba one. We receive about 10 online bookings per day which has really allowed us to grow our business.
ProsI love the reporting. The magic marketing is excellent and the customer service awesome. Prompt and informative. I love Kitomba One and the Target facility. Also the Benchmarking is great. The online booking service works well.
ConsWe recently changed to a Mac and the software is not really compatible. It would be great if not was cloud based or just worked a bit better on the appointment interface.
Kristina Q.
August 4, 2019

“Great system with awesome support”

OverallThey are always available to help, and nithing is a problem.
ProsEase of use, customer support is fantastic.
ConsIs more pricey than other systems, and costs for texts is high
Danielle C.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
August 3, 2019

“Good for small business, but far too basic for big business.”

OverallOur account person is super helpful and friendly, we get great deal of support, it's just unfortunate that some of the functionality is lacking.
ProsI like that the salons have so much great reporting available to them, unfortunately most sites aren't using this to its full potential and there is no way to look at some of these reports from Head Office or at a national level.
ConsKitomba lacks a lot of functionality that a big, multi-site business requires, and is not set up to deliver standard retail functions in terms of promotions. For example Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions. Leaving offers to be manual entered, and actioned leaves the business open to errors and misuse. There is key gaps in the reporting available, and anything comparable requires running two reports and manually working out the variance which is something I would consider basic. Imagine if you could produce a report on points earned on a specific brand, during a specified time period... and charge the vendor for those points... you could create some clever promotions if the reporting and keying allowed. Had I been part of the decision process I would not have chosen Kitomba. It's basic, and geared largely towards single, or smaller businesses. The lure of having a points/rewards system is off set by the inability to easy look at the data at a nationwide level. There isn't even the ability to bulk up load quantities for sites across the group, for instance in a GWP promotion where I know and created the quantities per site, I have to leave it to the sites to enter the quantity (which they never do).
Dan H.
Hair stylist/ owner
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“Kitimba review”

OverallGenerally great, can't complain about the software or the tech support . I really like the system
ProsIt's a great system , easy to use and the customer support is great .
ConsIt's very expensive compared to every other similar software on the market for hairdressers. Even though it's a great set up, it still feels like a bit of a rip off . Also the accounts lady is a bit abrupt and not that friendly to deal with.
Alanna R.
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
November 25, 2018

“Loyal Customer 5+ years ”

OverallFor years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn't get resolved.
ProsI like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.
ConsOnline booking is fabulous when it's working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it's definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it's not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.
November 25, 2018
Kyle W.
May 24, 2018

“Getting Better Every Time”

OverallI can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.
ProsI like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.
ConsThats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.
Linda A.
April 27, 2018

“This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.”

ProsEasy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock
ConsThat it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

By Kitomba on May 2, 2018
Hi Linda Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this. Kind regards, Anna
April 27, 2018
Kate M.
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2018

“Easy to learn and pick up....”

OverallEasy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.
ProsThe customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.
ConsSome appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.
Kym H.

“Customer review ”

ProsHow easy it is to use on a day to day basis
ConsThe fact that I don't know how to use all aspects of the program so don't get the full experience out of it
Sharon G.
Proprietor

“Love kitomba”

OverallI love the online booking, the easy rebooking system. Accounting of the totals for individual staff and number of clients, it makes tracking everything we do easy.
ProsVery easy to use and my staff all love and find it very easy to use would not use anything else.
ConsNothing I can't fault it, I love how easy it is and always help just a phone call away.
Annie G.
Salon Owner
May 7, 2018

“We love Kitomba and all the Customer Service support has been amazing!”

OverallFrom a manual (book and pen) system too Kitomba it has increased our service time, as kitomba you can automate text msgs, reminders, cautions and pos.
ProsEasier to navigate and teach The text msg service Campaign marketing messages Clear fonts, tabs and headings Cloud based storage and security
ConsThe cost! For a small business its very hard to justify spending (my approx. bill) on a booking system when there are so many other cheap options on the market that provide similar services.
May 7, 2018
Carolyn S.
May 1, 2018

“We have had excellent service from all of your staff.”

OverallA comprehensive daily working booking system. Good reporting and stock control. Also some good extra features associated with hairdressing and beauty
ProsIt provides a diverse range of information useful to me as Administrator. It is user friendly and has been designed well in my opinion. The reporting is good and our staff seem to be handling it well.
ConsNot necessarily Kitomba's fault but the L'Oreal Matrix sector of our inventory which is also the largest, has a number of anomalies whereby product is duplicated under slightly different names and sectors. Also inconsistency's. Spaces, capitals and descriptions need to be identical.
Heather D.
January 6, 2015

“what a difference a year makes.....”

OverallPeople often say what a difference a day makes. In my case I say what a difference a year makes. Our salon has now been using Kitomba for one year. In that time we have been able to achieve a much better handle on our stock, our productivity and most of all our clients needs. Kitomba support - We had to introduce the system in the first week of December due to issues with previous software suppliers. I know, OMG I thought in the busiest time of the year. However it was made so easy with the support we got on site initially and then on line. Everyone at Kitomba respects your issue, deals with it promptly and most of all, completely satisfying my needs. I also love the 1/2 hour webinar to aid the learning process. Stock and clients - the system has given us such a good look at our stock e.g. what been sitting on shelve too long and clients e.g. when last purchased product that we have been able to react quickly to issues. Feedback from clients love the on line appointment, the text for their birthdays and the Kitomba $$ loyalty programme. The team - It has been great to set up the commission system for each employee, the ability to work out their wages in one easy action is fantastic. We also use the reporting system on K1 i.e. benchmarking to show each team member how they are going. If there is a con to the system it is that while everything is there to use from day one I have found it best to introduce the great systems in a balanced way. This aids the team and also makes sure the learning is there before the next training. I prioritised what I was having the most issues with then went to it Overall I highly recommend this product
January 6, 2015
Veronica H.
director

“Easy Kitomba ”

OverallThe best costumer service i have ever come across. Everything is made easy, everything is explained and sorted within a few minutes.
ProsThe best part about Kitomba is that its so easy to use. It has more futures than you will use, but its great to know that you have it there encase you ever need it.
ConsProbably the price. I wish some of the futures were optional, and you would be able to add them as you need.
Louise A.
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2019

“Changed our business for the best”

OverallThe targets are a great incentive for our staff to focus on and have definitely influenced sales.
ProsThe online booking, now I don't spend hours making appointments. The automatic texting to confirm the next days appointments. The reporting for stock levels, ordering, business numbers
ConsCan not think of anything that i did not like.
evin a.
hairdresser owner
April 30, 2018

“The customer service has always been fantastic, always happy to guide me through any issues ”

ProsI like the benchmark settings, the reports and the accessibility on my phone to change or update appointments
ConsI have had a few difficulties with the phone application, like wanting to book an appointment but not send a text confirmation which it automatically will, and sometimes moving appointments or changing their time does not always function smoothly
Kerrie S.
Beauty Therapist

“Kitomba”

OverallI'm pretty happy, it could be a little bit cheaper but the support is outstanding
ProsThe way the appointments are booked is easy to read
ConsSometimes things randomly go missing like if we have a deposit put on for a client, sometimes it's gone and they haven't used it
Natasha H.
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

“Owner ”

OverallHaven't really had any issues it wud be good to have onsite training with all my staff. I would like more as a business owner I brought the salon and there is a lot of stuff on there that I feel I am not getting full use out of because of lack of knowledge
ProsIt was just there when I purchased the salon I would change but it's to hard
ConsI find it's hard to get support to actually come out and do training with staff and it's so EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for what it is the only reason I won't change is because it is what we all know and it is to hard
Jenny C.
Business owner
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
May 1, 2018

“Have been with Kitomba for many years, good to know it just keeps ticking along..”

OverallLower DNA rate than many
ProsLocal assistance if required. Ease of use, ability to set up in multiple locations. Not sure what else I'm supposed to say I've been using it for 10+ years!
ConsCost of text reminders is too high. K1 looks too odd to use to any great detail. Would like to investigate further use of email/letters from info in files.
Georgina W.

“Easy to use”

Overallrecord keeping & reports make it easy to see what is happening on a daily basis.
ProsIt is easy to use & all staff members can use it easily. The straightforward layout makes the viewing screen easy to see & book appointments simply.
ConsThe overall cost of the text messages makes it a costly experience if you want to message lots of clients.
poppy l.
April 23, 2018

“overall is ok, easy to use”

ProsCustomer service is always helpful when we need to call them! Easy to put colour notes in, and easy to book in appointments and rebooking of clients.
Conssometimes cant' open the software have to call for help. sometime client didn't get confirmation message. I use to use simple salon price point compare kitomba is expensive.
April 23, 2018
Marjorie S.
May 27, 2019

“Kitomba review”

OverallWe love kitomba. Its ease of access means less downtime for therapists. Great reports which can be easily adapted to personal salon needs.
ProsIts easy accessibility in being able to check when appointments are made when not in the office.
ConsThe cost comparison with other systems is a bit higher.
May 27, 2019
Jasmine D.
Business owner
May 24, 2018

“We have had kitomba for 5 years. It is easy to use, has all the reports you need and great support.”

ProsIts very easy for everyone to use and creates useful reporting. The appointment confirmation is very helpful. It is cost effective
ConsI would like to send a text message confirmation that let's the client know that they are seeing both stylist and colourist
Sharon T.

“Overall very good. ”

ProsEasy to use. I like being able to sign into k1 from home. Good for staff to be able to check in. Love clients being able to confirm appointments.
ConsWish k1 had more options, I'd like to be able to access more reports from home. Also be able to do marketing.
Sue B.
salon admin manager
April 24, 2018

“considering the time difference Kitomba support is good”

Overallsmooth running of salon
ProsEasy to use for all staff members , reports cover most information required. easy access and staff can user
ConsCompany based overseas and sometimes need help during uk day time . most cases can wait for help but sometimes help is needed immediately
Isabell P.
Owner/ manager
August 27, 2018

“Best salon softwear I've used ”

OverallLove the weekly business summaries has everything I need to see at a glance wot each girl is achieving
ProsThe integration of appointments, reports , use of kitomba 1 on mobile SMS ability
ConsThe cost per month is quite expensive but it never fails to deliver
Kirsten F.
Owner/senior hairdresser
May 24, 2018

“Absolutely love how easy kitomba is to use. And the staff are always helpful. ”

ProsLove the text messaging reminders, love the support, love how easy it is to use. Love that they are always bribing out new features.
ConsSometimes the price of the monthly fees can be a bit much, but other then that I can't complain about kitomba!!
Treena A.
May 1, 2018

“Expensive but lots of functions”

ProsEasy to use and has a lot of functions. The help desk is usually very helpful and return call quickly
ConsThe cost compared to other providers. Three year contracts to get better deals cost of text messages and email should be almost free
Sara C.
April 26, 2018

“I have been using Kitomba for over 6 years in our business and absolutely love it”

ProsThe software is very easy to use and if anything does go wrong the customer support is amazing and they will get you sorted very quickly
ConsIf I had to say one con it would be not being able to use concession cards with an exception once they expire.
Emily D.
Beauty therapist

“Kitomba ”

ProsIt's super easy, convenient and quick to use and my staff have found it great to learn with
ConsThere isn't much I don't like, it's been the best for my business
maria z.
Administration Officer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Kitomba”

OverallDoes not allow you to delete names etc when you have gone wrong.
Prosdata set up easy to see, date and calendar well set out
Conshaving to change each individual line instead of doing it in bulk
Tracy K.
Spa Manager

“Highly recommended ”

OverallI love how with K1 I can control so much remotely.
ProsKitomba is easy to use and has great support when needed.
ConsWhenever we have had issues they have been quickly resolved.
Clare W.

“love it ”

Overalleasy
Prosease of use, remote access, fast start up, instant backup, good support
Consreports on retail only sales not just in salon retail ( customer information )
Tina F.
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
May 28, 2019

“Review for Kitomba ”

OverallGreat
ProsIt is easy to use and I like the help line you can ring during the day
ConsThat not all reports ar available yet in Kitomba one
May 28, 2019
barbara w.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Review ”

OverallGreat
ProsIt is easy to use. The support is fantastic.
Consfocus is to hair dressing and not day spas
Tamsen A.
Apprentice

“Amazing Software ”

OverallEasier and straight forward cash reconciliation. Being able to get targets for stylist. Tracking product coming in and going out.
ProsHow it looks. Its so easy to follow and find things and it's so customizable.
ConsNot being able to see who was in your column when clients are moved to another day rather than cancelling which you can see.
Belinda B.

“Satisfaction ”

OverallSales targets are easy to track and we love the online booking
ProsWe love the onlinebooking system and point if sale....
ConsNothing really, there isn't anything I dontlike about Kitomba
Sarah R.
Owner/manager
May 24, 2018

“I have found kiyomva super easy for myself and even my team love it. ”

OverallIt was easy to use. The end pictures were. Blurry which was confusing sometimes though
ProsIt's easy and the help desk is great. The customer rep is fantastic. There are a lot of different ways of doing the same thing which is helpful as everyone works differently.
ConsI can't change rosters on K1 and I can't always find the reports I like the best easily. Some of the reports aren't what I want and I can't always find that easily either. It sounds up on product sales which is then confusing as figures don't match up.
rocco c.
April 24, 2018

“It easy to use just getting expensive! ”

ProsI like the service when ever I call up they can fix my problem with ease and the colour histories. are easy to read!
ConsI don't like the costs involved i have been a long time userwhereas other competitors are cheaper and are paid off after a while!
Wendy K.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“Recent Update”

ProsAs always amazing support- Help Desk staff are fantastic Easy to use many different functions.
ConsRecent update visually is more difficult to see -Templates Calendar graphics not bold or clear enough.
August 8, 2019
Maria F.
Client Coordinator
April 30, 2018

“This platform has been a game changer for our business and support is 2nd to none. ”

ProsIts ease of use, the lists we can generate and marketing capabilities - online booking is so smooth.
ConsOn our online booking automated email we would like to change the text completely and I have been told I cannot do that ( I can just add text) this would be awesome if we could change this.
Diana W.
April 25, 2018

“I loved using Kitomba. Sorry to see it go at this stage.”

ProsI like how easy it was to use and easy to add and delete clients and products. It was very easy and helpful to call for help.
ConsI enjoyed the software. I have no problems with it. But I had to cancel our account and I am just starting up and finance is very very tight at the moment saying that once we are going well I will contact Kitomba again.
April 25, 2018
Ashleigh C.
November 7, 2016

“Kitomba review”

OverallKitomba is a great system to use with great functions and easy to get the hang of. Only downside is the price.
November 7, 2016