DanceWorks Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About DanceWorks

We've built a web based suite of tools that empower you to master the details and gain confidence managing your studio. From the back of house employee management to parent engagement registering for classes, if you dont love it we wont charge you a thing. Use Akada Online to take control of your studio. Learn more about DanceWorks

Samantha R.
Account Specialist
Facilities Services, 10,001+ employees
December 29, 2018

“So/So, Better for Beginners”

ProsThis is a very convenient software to use when managing invoices, costumes, scheduling, FOH, and BOH all in one place.
ConsThe website version of this software is far less user friendly.
December 29, 2018
Mitzi S.
QA Engineer
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 9, 2018

“Very easy to use. I can quickly see my balance due and the schedules for more than one dancer.”

OverallEasily see what I owe the studio and what I have paid throughout the season.
ProsAble to see fees paid in for an entire season on one screen. Email notices are sent when money is due.
ConsA nice to have would be a report offering for the general user of fees paid throughout the dance season.
March 9, 2018
Jennifer E.
May 15, 2016

“Not a good software program”

OverallI have been frustrated with the customer service department for over 5 years and their hours are ridiculous. On top of that, we decided to convert to online to at least get us through the season. That was a giant mistake!!!! Their costume conflict feature doesn't work so I'm back to going through the list of names one by one. Also, the accounting portion decides to change numbers which is embarrassing when you know and have printed out a report and a customer says they paid by now the software says something different. Because the interface is so slow, I spend so much time waiting and waiting just to switch from screen to screen. I have seen multiple instances where kids are dropped from classes and put in other classes and I didn't make those changes! I'm am so frustrated and can't wait until the recital is over so I can switch to a functional more affordable software.
May 15, 2016
Sarah C.
Marketing
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
January 16, 2019

“Makes life easier”

ProsDanceWorks allows for easier registration of dance classes and payments.
ConsThe listing of classes to register for have weird codes
January 16, 2019
Melyssa N.
Director of Operations
January 14, 2013

“Would not recommend”

OverallWe have been using Jack Rabbit for the past year, and are much happier. We have kept Danceworks open while we transitioned, but I called today to cancel. They were not helpful in determining the best way to save my data for tax purposes, and didn't seem to care that I was leaving. They do not seem to be keeping up with the technological times that our customers demand.
ProsWe have used Danceworks for a VERY long time. The features worked for our business with the desktop version, and we found the costume/recital management to be very good!
ConsExtremely disappointed with the online version! The search bar does not work well, it is VERY slow, and customer service doesn't seem to be as friendly as it once was.
January 14, 2013
Cathy T.
September 26, 2013

“Akada”

OverallThe system when it works is awesome...support hours are a joke....8-4:30 in a program that mostly runs in the evenings is not the best. I enter support tickets and rarely hear back..we are shopping software at this time...sad after being with Akada for 15 years or so...
September 26, 2013
J B.
July 22, 2012

“Long time user”

OverallWe are very frustrated with the accounting problems this software has, but we are satisified with the report options and scheduling conflict features they have. It is definately a love hate relationship!
ProsRecital scheduling/Conflicts is great. Class Scheduling/Conflicts is great.
ConsAccounting has a mind of it's own, When you run reports you have to dbl check amount to accounts as sometime amounts differ. When charging montly fees it will randomly charge late fees to accounts with credits. We spend lots of time dbl checking!
July 22, 2012