AVImark Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About AVImark

AVImark practice management software, by Covetrus, is affordable, quick to install, easy to use, and robust enough to support your business. Plus, with AVImarks enhanced search capabilities, you can send targeted, personalized marketing campaigns that keep your clients coming back, year after year. Learn more about AVImark

Sue M.
PRESIDENT
September 20, 2019

“AVIMARK FAN”

OverallI mostly enjoy not having to daily trouble shoot avimark as we did with our former software company. I also like not having paper files- (buying the supplies, making the files, filing the files, finding the files when they were mis filed, etc...)
ProsWe switched to avimark several years ago. I was reluctant because of the fear of training 20 employees but fortunately at the time we had several employees who were familiar with the soft ware and the transition wasnt as difficult as Ii was expecting. We are paper lite and enjoy having all our medical notes, attachments and lab results imported into the software. We have off site back up so no worry about losing all our data with computer crash.
ConsWe have had times where support is busy and can't help us resolve an issue immediately.
September 20, 2019
Michael M.
DVM/Owner

“Avimark pros and cons”

OverallOverall I have been happy with Avimark but recent lapses in service have been concerning.
ProsCost and ease of use. We utilize many functions and have been paperless for about 10 years. Customer support is usually good. Started using Rapport recently also for text and email reminders.
ConsThere have been several episodes lately where the software goes down and we can't get into Avimark for work. Recently had to restore from a backup to get it to work. It seems these problems are getting worse. Computer searches are also more difficult than they should be.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Mawhorter! We're happy to have you as a loyal customer for the last 10 years and I hope you are enjoying your Rapport subscription. The episodes with AVImark going down is very concerning to us as well. Our team thoroughly investigates every outage to determine root-cause and finds resolutions to avoid additional downtime. I'll send over your feedback on computer searches to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
TinaZa Z.
LVT CCRP
February 28, 2019

“User friendly but thorough”

OverallWe were able to become paperless and do away with paper charts.
ProsIt is very easy to use. It is windows based therefore it is easy to train new people to use. There are multiple ways to search for client/patient info. Reports are easy to run. White board makes keeping track of patients and patient plans easy. Entering line items is easy and you can enter inventory in thto the line item. When scheduling, you can change colors to help keep track of appointment types. You can create canned notes in the glossary to make note keeping easy. It is easy to create canned estimates and post them into the chart. Employees have to sign in therefore you have a trail to keep track of who has done what. You can create word documents and have the client/patient information autofilled which makes discharge instructions easy.
ConsThe customer service is not as available and user friendly as they could be. Fortunately we don't have to call very often. The only con in regards to software, is that you cannot time stamp the posting time to know when a client checked out.

By Covetrus on March 7, 2019
Thanks for your feedback and review, TinaZa! We agree with the multitude of ways you listed that makes AVImark easy to use and customizable to your practice. We're happy to hear you and your team are benefiting from the flexibility of our system. We're always working to improve everything from the solutions we offer to the Teams you speak with when you're in need of Support. We appreciate you raising both the positives and negatives of your experience with us. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
February 28, 2019
Kathleen J.
Hospital Manager
September 28, 2017

“Used it since it was DOS based in the early '90's”

OverallI miss it so much every day I make my new boss mad I repeatedly tell her, we are switching, it is a matter of WHEN.
ProsMost cost effective software to buy. If you price out the annual support fees it will pay for itself in 5 years over Cornerstone. (I keep pushing for it at my new office) FEATURE RICH. Requires thorough reading of the manual to truly see all the features and I suggest going to different paperless offices to see how folks use all the features. Best features I miss now that I have been at a Cornerstone office for 5 years: the right click WHO GOT, you can go anywhere to any service and item and see at a glance who used this item recently, not run a sales report. HUGE help. Next editing their item lists, can do a whole category at a time, can hit next over and over. Very helpful. Lastly LISTS, we used them constantly for interoffice communication and managing labs and medical records. Not part of Avimark but it integrates with NetNotes. That is an ap that worked with AVImark that made paperless message taking a dream. REALLY WORTH BUYING THE NETWORKING FEATURE
ConsNeed a really smart IT professional to set it up right. I managed the LAN for 2-3 years on my own and it gave me problems, because I am NOT a professional. Once we got someone in that KNEW their stuff (an IBM network problem solver for over a decade) we got a LINUX server and had 16 systems with a huge monitor white board. Never went down, rarely had problems, but a good IT guy needs to be figured into your budget. Not really a CON but Vets are famous for DIY. Upgrades tend to be glitchy, since the very beginning. There is no way for them to be able to test their software on all our crazy network setups, so you'll get 6 new awesome features and 1-3 things you have to wait for them to patch and fix. Drove me crazy for a while and then just became something I planned for. Worth it in the end. Rebuild whenever I needed an accurate inventory. If you haven't invested in their sequel server version, it just has to be done, nice thing was I COULD DO IT, I didn't have to call support to do so. If you have an amazing server it takes very little time. Ideally use networked printers. Cornerstone it is an obligation not an option. Not intuitive, requires learning, the context menus are so vast (read feature rich) it really takes a while to pick up.

By Covetrus on September 29, 2017
Thank you, Kathleen, for your review. We hope you get to join the AVImark family of users again!
September 28, 2017
July 25, 2019

“AviMark is fantastic”

OverallI cannot complain, AviMark has been wonderful for myself, and my co-workers.
ProsThere are so many things that I like about AviMark. I have worked in several Veterinary Clinics throughout the years, and have had experience with several different programs. AviMark has the most diverse capabilities by far. I love how it has the ability to connect with all of our different laboratory equipment (especially Idexx). getting all of the test results listed on AviMark makes life so much simpler. We do not have to manually insert all of our patients results. AviMark also has been wonderful when it comes to product and medication stocking. All we have to do it monitor it through the software and we can tell when it is time to order more supplies. As long as we are doing things properly we do not run out of important things that we need as a Veterinary practice.
ConsThere really is not much to dislike about the software. It can take a bit to learn, and training new employees can take some time. But I have found it that being hands on with the software and just clicking things is the best way to learn it.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are happy to have you! I'm glad that you are enjoying the bi-directional lab integrations, we're always looking to make our practices more efficient! If you ever have any questions, concerns, or additional feedback please don't hesitate to email us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.
July 25, 2019
Lori D.
Hospital Manager
September 5, 2019

“This software is a great tool to help you serve your clients”

OverallGreat experience. Love the support services and all options this software offers.
ProsI have used this software since it first came to market. The evolution that it has gone through in response to the veterinary industry is on point for helping us care for our patients and clients. From keeping reminders straight, to booking appointments, to doing mass emails, to follow up calls and using it to track staff hours it has helped keep us organized. The areas this software help us in are too many to mention here. The support service is second to none...all issues are resolved with a quick phone call. I couldn't imagine running my three practices with any other software.
ConsWhen we do mass emails we can often not send the entire number. This may be due to our internet as well. I wish there was more options for emails...insert photos, different fonts. Would love to do this as an newsletter but are limited now.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Hello Lori! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to have you through our evolving journey! It sounds like you are using many features within AVImark as well. I'm going to send over the mass email issues to our Product team. We'll investigate. You may want to look at Rapport for full email functionality, call 800-426-9119 and a rep will walk you through all the cool things Rapport can do. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
Jim F.
November 4, 2010

“Excellent Veterinary Management Software”

OverallHaving used Impromed, Cornerstone and AVImark I prefer AVImark. Granted the versions of Impromed and Cornerstone I used were years ago and I can't comment on how far they have come. But we bought AVImark when it was the least used Practice Management Software on the market. In that time it has grown to be I believe the most widely used software. There are usually good reasons for such wide acceptance.
ProsStable. Works well with or without using actual server software. Though MS Windows limits the number of terminals that can be active without running Windows Server. I believe that number is 7 but don't quote me. Very flexible. Allows for complex management of Inventory and Treatment groups. User can custom configure many many options. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Granted they do charge a fairly steep yearly maintenance fee (near $1,000/yr) but their staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Support is vital if your a new practice owner and want things to be able to work. Reminder generation is easy, and very customizable. AVImark also integrates with a variety of 3rd part reminder companies if you don't want to stamp and mail your own. Also built in email reminders as well. Not sure what original reviewer was referring to when she stated no variances allowed in estimates. Been using AVImark for over 10 years and for as long I can remember this is possible.
ConsIf you want to be completely paperless...AVImark isn't completely there yet from what I have read of hospitals that have tried it. It's workable, just not as refined as it could be. Again haven't tried it personally. Email reminder system built into AVImark has limited reporting systems built into it. For example it won't print a report after of whom it just e-mailed. There are workarounds to this but AVImark needs to work on this.

By Covetrus on November 9, 2010
Jim, Thank you for your review! AVImark is installed at some clinics with over 100 workstations and each site license comes with unlimited work stations. As you mentioned, you do need a Windows Server Operating System if you plan on having a large number of workstations accessing AVImark (10 is the current limitation for Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Professional, and Windows 7 Professional.) Regarding paperless and emailing, we have many clinics utilizing both in their daily environment and provide enhancements with every release to further increase the capabilities and ease of use for both areas.
November 4, 2010
Deji O.

“Strongly Recommended”

OverallI've used it for about 20 years now. It's been a real asset in improving our clmmunications within and outside the hospital and has definitely enhanced our profitability.
ProsIts versatility. Is layout. It's configurable to be used by minimalists as well as practitioners who are comfortable with immersive computerization.
ConsIts inventory-management and information search functions.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Hello Dr. Odetoyinbo! Thank you for being a loyal customer for the last 20 years! We are so happy to have you! I'm happy to hear how much of an asset AVImark has become. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
Will F.
Hospital Administrator
May 3, 2011

“A fully featured complete solution for practice management”

OverallOur hospital uses AVImark for every aspect of our daily activity. We clock in mornings, review our appointment calendar, check-in patients and print necessary documents, and enter treatments, items, and charges. Our doctors enter all of their medical data into the program including diagnoses, problems, and notes. The program prints Client Ed information as needed. The clients check-out and are charged via AVImark. We make follow-up calls to every patient using the system in AVImark. At the end of the day I review the day's activity, compare the doctor's statistics using the program. Finally we use it to send reminders and statements to all of our clients. Due to this extensive usage I am intimately familiar with the program, the support technicians, and all of it's features. All are top notch. I highly recommend AVImark to anyone who asks. The costs is very competitive, the support costs are very inexpensive, and the program is excellent.
Pros*Easy to learn the basics (under 10 minutes) *Extensive features: Electronic Med. Records, appt. calendar, boarding & grooming calendar, whiteboard and patient tracking, inventory tracking, easily maintain current prices w/ markups, complete custom, and comprehensive reports on EVERYTHING, literally every aspect of your practice can be monitored, frequent updates, tight integration with inhouse and outside labs *Extremely good support - short wait times, near instant responses to email support, long hours, knowledgeable long term support technicians. As a power user I correspond with support several times per week and am frequently impressed. *Reporting and searching are amazing. *Time card feature eliminates need for additional program *Text Templating to speed entry of records *Treatment groups and associations to avoid missed charges *Very Easy backup & restore *Allows multiple sites with shared or separate databases *Powerful reminder system
Cons*Works best on wired networks (though I utilize several wireless workstations) *Has so many features it can take time to discover and use them all. *User interface is easy to use but looks slightly dated *Currently lacking in some policy enforcement options within the program
May 3, 2011
Dennie B.

“Avimark”

Overallmakes my business run smoothly
ProsDiverse functionality - lets me do what I want to do!
ConsSometimes things are changed without a reason and it takes months for the bad change to be acknowledged and returned to normal function -

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Bassham! We're always looking for beta practices, if you are interested in testing new functionality and provide feedback prior to release send over an email to US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com we'll hook you up with the Product Management team.
Noam L.
practice manager
July 26, 2019

“User Friendly!”

OverallAvimark is how we run our entire practice.
ProsEase of access for all aspects- financial settings, medical records, appointments, access to analytics. Customer service is superb.
Conscreating custom searches requires lab support which can sometimes be a longer hold time than usual

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Hi Noam! Thank you for your feedback. We agree that AVImark is very user-friendly and easy to use. We're always working to improve our support, I've sent over your feedback on hold times to our support supervisors. If you ever have questions or additional feedback don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
July 26, 2019
Gianna W.
Receptionist
February 17, 2018

“Avimark is easy to use, and has the properties needed for a busy vet practice to function well.”

ProsAvimark has been around for a while, and because of this, it meets almost every need for a busy vet practice. It has a separate boarding schedule for clinics that offer that service as well. Its whiteboard function helps to keep track of animals currently in the clinic. The refill button helps to eliminate any mistake when entering medication refills. Finally, the integrated payment system makes end of day reports easier as it eliminates the possibility for any discrepancy in credit card payments taken.
ConsThis software is not cloud based, so you cannot easily access the software from anywhere like other programs now on the market. Also, in the last year or so that we used Avimark, it became very slow. I have heard that this can happen when there are over 18 computers using the program. I dont think this an issue for many practices, but for a large practice like ours, it was. We were never able to solve the issue after trying multiple things suggested to us by Avimark support and even having a tech from Avimark come out.
February 17, 2018
April B.
January 15, 2019

“Avimark - love it just wish it had better functionality!”

OverallI knew customer service well....always rebuilding those indexes! 877-838-9273 was a number our staff had memorized!
ProsAvimark has always been the go to vet software. It is very easy to use. I love that everything is in one place - scheduling, treatment plans, client accounting, even payment systems.
ConsI wish they just went cloud based! We had constant issues with our server and very large practice. Ultimately although I loved the product it just wasn't flexible enough and we ended up switching to a cloud based program.

By Covetrus on January 16, 2019
Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback! We're happy to hear AVImark is so functional for your practice. We have a couple avenues we can discuss for your current server issues--reviewing the server you're using with our Hardware Team or reviewing our cloud software options with our Total Solutions Team. We're happy to discuss. Just reach out to us at the email below and we can get the conversation started. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
January 15, 2019
Laird G.
December 18, 2018

“Outstanding Veterinary practice management software”

OverallI have used Avimark for Electronic Medical Records for over 10 years and it is outstanding. Comparing it to another practice software system I have used is like comparing a new Mercedes to a beat up Ford Focus
ProsEase of use for the entire staff - including doctors - is expected, and delivered with Avimark. What I like best, and what sets Avimark apart is that it is a patient/client-centered software system. It truly helps you provide better care of your patient and better service to your clients
ConsOverall, the support,is excellent. But at times, it could be slow. Longer hours would be an improvement

By Covetrus on January 16, 2019
Hi Dr. Goodman, Thanks for your feedback! We're so excited to hear that AVImark makes providing great care possible for you and your staff. This is something we keep at the heart of every decision we make. We're continually working to improve, including our Support, and appreciate your understanding and help in pushing us forward. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Rick L.
Owner / Managing Partner
September 2, 2015

“Great Software with Many Flexible Features”

OverallWe have been using Avimark at our two hospitals for over 12 years. We initially purchased this software because of its simple, easy to use interface. The program is intuitive and new employees learn to use it quickly without difficulty. The program has a tremendous number of additional features and functions that are simply a right mouse click away from the main user screen. Our hospitals have been using electronic medical records in conjunction with Avimark's Medical SOAP format for the past 7 years; we would never consider going back to paper records. The program has most the bells and whistles that any companion animal practice will likely ever need or want. Avimark also has a large number of industry partners that they have worked together with for the development of interfaces for services like electronic lab report downloads for not only for the major reference labs but also many in-hospital lab equipment companies as well, along with wireless patient monitoring during anesthesia. They also have extensive integrations with other programs such as credit card processing so that invoicing clients now has seamless credit card and signature capture, digital radiology images can be linked directly to the patient's medical record for easy access, viewing and much more. They have an optional communication package for texting of clients, and electronic email reminder of patient services due. Overall, the program is easy to use, has good functionality and versatility and is easily scalable from a single one doctor practice to large multi-doctor facilities with 40-50 users or more. The developer is constantly improving the software, adding new features, fixing quirky issues, etc. Contrary to several other reviewers postings, I would highly recommend purchasing and maintaining the annual software support program. Your practice's information software system is as essential to your business' livelihood as much as your phone system or the electricity to power your lights. We typically see at least one or two major software updates each year, not to mention the value of having customer support available for help with any problems or to walk you through the set up new functions or special features. Avimark is a well-rounded full featured program and is a good value and investment in your practice.
September 2, 2015
Frank M.
September 16, 2017

“We switched from Cornestone to Avimark 10 years ago. And we are paperless.”

ProsEasy to learn and built in glossary speeds data entry. As others have mentioned there are network traffic issues but once we upgraded the server and switch the traffic issues vanished. Most clinics likely have not learned all the features and established good processes. Don't blame software for poor hospital protocols. One price for all the stations. Support is great but hardware problems can be frustrating to solve. Don't skimp on the server. Can be integrated with other services. And get a good network consultant. Our problems disappeared once we did. I expect the low reviews reflect trouble with the hospital network and hardware.

By Covetrus on September 18, 2017
Thanks, Dr. Marchell, for sharing your experiences with AVImark and your insight concerning hardware, servers, and networking within the practice environment. We hope your perspective will help other practices, as well.
September 16, 2017
Jamie A.
Vet Tech
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Will Suit all your needs”

ProsAVImark has a plethora of available features such as scheduling, invoicing, customer database organization and inventory lists that make it a must have for running a veterinary hospital. Scripts can even be written to generate customized statistic reports for anything you want! Customer service has always been very helpful via live chat anytime I had a question about where to access a particular feature.
ConsThere are so many features that finding what you want, aside from the basic options like schedules and invoices, can be difficult at times. I think the menus could be organized in a clearer way. A revamp of menus plus an updated user interface is really all AVImark needs to be 100% in my book.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Hello Jamie, thank you for providing your feedback. We're glad to see you are taking advantage of the many AVImark features. We're always looking to improve functionality and streamline workflows. I've sent over your feedback around the menu reorganization and refresh of the interface. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback you can reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!
August 15, 2019
Joe F.
September 10, 2019

“Avimark is a Great Investment”

OverallAvimark has proven to be a great practice management software purchase.
ProsEase of use, adaptability, cost, ability for mixed animal practice use.
ConsThere is nothing I have found about Avimark that I do not like.
Michael B.
Chief of Staff
September 6, 2019

“Great Product for Inventory but when it crashes don't expect any Help”

ProsAvimark is relatively easy to learn and has a fairly good system for Inventory
ConsWe have had several global crashes of the system at the Avimark Company Level in the last year that left us with no access to our files and then no access to support.
September 6, 2019
Veterinary, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Get on the cloud, please”

OverallAviMark is a fine software for a single practice. Definitely would not recommend this software for multiple hospitals.
ProsThe software has plenty of functionality and is a good solution for patient and client management. Inventory management is decent as well.
ConsNot being cloud-based really is the nail in the coffin for this software. Bring your solutions to the cloud and you might be a serious contender.

By Covetrus on January 16, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear AVImark is a functional fit for your practice. While AVImark is an on premise software, we do offer cloud-based software through our broader Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions portfolio. We'd be happy to discuss if this is a better fit for your practice, or find ways to better suit the needs of your multiple hospital setup with AVImark as your software. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Karen L.
January 23, 2018

“Needs to be web based.”

ProsEasy to use and great features. It has been a great program for our clinic, but there are some things we do not like as well.
ConsIt is not web based so trying to integrate Ipads and Iphones is not possible. We have to go through about extra steps when making an appointment because it is not web based our doctor can't just log in to see his appointments. He is mostly mobile so it is a huge problem. We do have a sidekick but is useless to update appointments and changes to schedule when he is in the field. We are now making appointments in avimark then have to also put appointment on a online calendar, very inconvenient. I really hope that they do an update of some kind to be able to offer a web based software.
January 23, 2018
Brooke H.
Registered Veterinary Technician
June 18, 2019

“Lines vs Icons”

OverallI have used this program for 6 years and I personally love it. The look can get old.
ProsI like how each "line" or items can have an option to add note and you can timestamp so you can never lose track of progression and who saw the patient at the time during the patient's baseline.
ConsIt can look pretty old school or some call it classic. There is no way to "modernize" the look, I.E. icon style like iOS software on mac.

By Covetrus on September 6, 2019
Hi Brooke, thank you for providing your feedback! Our team is always working on improving the user experience. I've sent over your feedback to our Product team to ensure this is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com
June 18, 2019
Christina W.
Receptionist
June 11, 2018

“So many features”

OverallThis program is so easy to keep track of your patients, that you can go completely paperless in your clinic and have all of your information so handy.
ProsThis program does it all. The patient records can hold so much information from pictures to scans. The program is easy to use. If there is a problem, the customer service is very helpful.
ConsSometimes there seems to be a problem with Avimark and other programs working together. Or if it is not set up to the letter from the very beginning, things can start to malfunction.

By Covetrus on June 12, 2018
Hi Christina, Thanks for your positive feedback! We love hearing how you love AVImark! If you're ever experiencing issues with your AVImark integrations feel free to reach out to our AVImark Support Team at 877-838-9273.
June 11, 2018
April L.
December 6, 2016

“Not for super user”

OverallI've worked with this software in multiple practices I worked at doing relief work and evaluated it for my practice as well. It is a decent program but requires a lot of creation of your own templates, etc. There is/was an active yahoo user group that could help with this, but unfortunately, the software still seems behind the times as far as importing images easily, coordinating all medical records and for consideration as a complete practice management tool in 2016. This may change as I believe Henry Schein purchased the company, but I have not seen much recent indication that this has changed or will change. Customer support seems to have flagged since Henry Schein took over. I've heard from a number of colleagues that they do not receive the support they once did with Avimark before Henry Schein purchase. I find it cumbersome to work with as it takes a lot of clicks to find the area you want inpatient medical record. The data is not stored in one easy to access location that flows logically and that is frustrating!
ProsSimple to use in general.
ConsRequires a lot of data input to put it to work as full practice management software. Requires a lot of clicks to get all the information you might be looking for in a patient's record.
Recommendations to other buyersNothing else.
December 6, 2016
Frankie B.
Owner, Doctor

“Becoming clumsy & slow”

OverallVery positive initially, experience has been steadily going downhill. Purchased this software TWICE for 2 different practices in the early 2000's. Not sure I would still purchase it today.
ProsVisually driven intuitive software with massive potential for customization
ConsSoftware is becoming too large which slows it down. Was much FASTER 10+ years ago. Devolopers need to allow the option of NOT INCLUDING all the "bells & whistles" most practices don't nor will ever use. Official support VERY unhelpful. Private independent support actually more helpful and improved the newer update use quite a bit.
November 27, 2018

“Multipurpose and all in one software”

ProsIt contains all the functions we want for our clinic. It can manage both hospital side of things and also boarding. It is easy to make estimates and it prints nicely. Medical records are easy to read too.
ConsIt can be difficult to navigate sometimes. Initially, it was hard to know which symbol corresponded to which function.

By Covetrus on December 4, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We love that AVImark provides all of the functionality your practice needs in one place. I've shared your concerns surrounding the difficulties navigating with our Product Management and Training Teams in an effort to better correct this in the future. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Karen W.
CVT
September 13, 2019

“Avimark”

OverallOverall we like AviMark and will not be changing
ProsOverall ease of use and functionality is good. Patient records are easy to access and filter. Inventory data base is pretty good as well. Love the integration with rapport for client communication.
ConsThe inability or lack of ease for e-mailing documents such as rabies certificates needs a lot of work. Have some trouble with inventory as far as allocated quantities being off and sales. Having to consistently rebuild indexes to keep things correct is a pain.
September 13, 2019
Kari H.

“review”

Overallgood
Prosease of invoicing, reminders, good support
Conswould like to be able to email statments
Misty F.
Independent Norwex Consultant
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
December 17, 2018

“AVImark Review ”

OverallI realize by using Avimark we are able to keep track of each patient's history, are able to make important notes and are able to see vital information quickly.
ProsI loved how you can put alerts, special notes etc for your coworkwes to see on customers that need that. Also, to print the vaccine history that is very convenient! I feel like the flow of the software is very easy to follow.
ConsMerging accounts sometimes causes issues.

By Covetrus on December 18, 2018
Hi Misty, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you calling to light the flow of our AVImark software--it is something we work at to ensure it matches the flow of your practice and day. We're always here to help with issues that may arise and help find ways to make them easier. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help with training, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
December 17, 2018
Roberto P.
IT Administrator
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 4, 2018

“Cookie Cutter Software”

OverallWe only had it for 30 days as a trial basis to see if it would suit our needs.
ProsAvimark is a pretty good software if you are looking for something simple to help you manage your practice. It comes with some simple Soaps and its a pretty good software for a 1-2 DVM practice. This was one of the main products we looked into when we were looking to upgrade our antiquated software a few years back.
ConsDidn't offered all the features we were looking for and we were aiming for something with a bit more support specially something that would also support the hardware so we didn't had to go and deal with multiple vendors. I wish the software didn't look as dated as it looks.

By Covetrus on December 18, 2018
Hi Roberto, Thank you for trialing AVImark during your purchasing process. We understand how difficult choosing the right software for your veterinary practice can be. We're sorry to hear you didn't feel that AVImark offered hardware support--this is something we can provide with your purchase. I've passed along your feedback to a few of our teams to ensure this is made more clear in our next go round. If you have additional questions or comments, we would love to hear them. Email us anytime at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
December 4, 2018
Stephanie L.
Administrative Supervisor & Director of Marketing

“Avimark Review ”

ProsEasy to create estimates that you can then transfer over to invoices
Consmedical records and invoice line items hard to distinguish, patient histories can get very long. Would like a way to have invoices just one line that you could then expand.

By Covetrus on December 26, 2018
Hi Stephanie, Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear AVImark is easy to use in your practice. I've shared your feedback on ways we can optimize invoicing and patient histories to be more user friendly for you and your staff. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Jack S.
February 19, 2018

“A mediocre software that is past its prime”

OverallI have been with this program since it's DOS days and unlikely to change now as I am to close to retirement. I have not paid for support since 2011 as their support teams became more and more uneducated in the product and the updates kept killing the program and it would take months (sometimes never) for them to correct something they broke. The only reason I see for anyone to start new using this program is cost. It is a cheap program with no extra costs charged for extra work stations. That is the only thing that kept me from switching is the licensing structure of the other programs.
ProsFairly easy to use and be up and running in short order. Inexpensive depending on your needs. Great support from users of the program in various forums and Newsgroups as well as on FB, which is good because you will not get good help from Customer Service.
ConsProbably the worst Customer Service on the planet. Outdated product that has not kept up with the demands of today's Veterinary Hospital. Inventory is a mess. Boarding is almost unusable. Was built for small Hospitals in the beginning and has not been able expand to fulfill the needs of today's larger practices. Searching Hx or current problems with a patient is a joke. Their promised integration on PACS is non-existent unless you pay almost so much for their version of a PACS called Dragon. Controlled drug log is a mess. You have the choice of TWO credit card merchants as they will not allow other merchants access to their program. Both of these merchants are among the worst when it comes to fees and honesty.
February 19, 2018
Douglas M.
Owner/veterinariarn
September 11, 2019

“Some problems with avimark:”

ProsGood way to keep track of charges, payments and services rendered.
ConsWe have had trouble with avimark making other programs so they don't work. (Microsoft Word) When we call for support sometime we get someone who really know what to do - other times - not so much. One big complaint: It is not consistent in adding monthly finance charges. On some accounts it skips a month and then makes it up the next month. On some accounts it just simply doesn't add the finance charge even through that account is not listed for "no finance charge". We are losing money because of this.
Sue F.
veterinarian

“Backbone Software”

ProsMany things are intuitive. User friendly for the basic user. New staff catches on easily.
ConsCustomer support is not good. If I need it once, I have to pay for a whole year. I use minimal features as I am a very small practice, but have to pay increasing tech support costs. Beyond the cost the following are long term concerns: long wait times, seems they have high staff turnover and we get new people that cant answer the questions or help us trouble shoot. We get transferred and put on hold. The simplest questions take 15-30 minutes. Very frustrating.
Adrienne F.

“AVImark is wonderful!”

OverallWonderful all around experience!
ProsThe software is easy to use and install. I have had wonderful experiences with their customer service team as well.
ConsThe program can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.

By Covetrus on January 16, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, Adrienne! Veterinary practice management software can definitely be a lot to take in, but we're happy you chose us. Our team is always there to help and advise on how to best utilize your software. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
John B.
11-50 employees
December 8, 2017

“Does the job but isn't pretty”

OverallIt is a product that just has not been updated in a long, long time.
ProsIt does exactly what it says it will do. It keeps medical records. You can attach things like labwork results or images or PDFs to those medical records. You can establish reminders for certain medical records that you'd like to repeat at a certain date. You can create a client and schedule appointments. It does all of the basics that you will need.
ConsIt looks like a program from the early 2000s. It's a server-based product so there is no cloud storage of medical records. The reminder system can be so complicated that they have special technical support representatives devoted to it. Using it to maintain a drug log is a pain and not functional in some aspects. You can not access your system without being at a computer connected to the server. In order to get other programs to work with AVImark they will make you install a module that may or may not cost you a monthly fee to maintain.
December 8, 2017
Sally E.

“Avimark ”

ProsData reporting, inventory tracking
ConsLack of customer support with our server set up

By Covetrus on January 16, 2019
Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback! Our Team is always looking to improve and we're happy to hear you are seeing the benefits of our data reporting and inventory tracking features. We're sorry to hear you had trouble with your server setup. Our Hardware and Support Teams are here to help and we look forward to providing a better experience next time. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Michael D.
December 6, 2018

“Decent software marred by numerous technical issues and very poor customer support.”

OverallThis was great software until they were bought out by Schein. Schein clearly wants people to buy Impromed for a lot more money, and admits that they pulled most of the programming staff away from Avimark. They basically never respond to requests any more.
ProsVery easy to use. Can train new people in an hour to do basic work on it, unlike many other software titles. Good integration with in house blood machines and Antech/IDEXX online.
ConsNUMEROUS, DANGEROUS technical issues. 1). Refill system broken. There is NO WARNING when refilling prescriptions with no refills left aside from "-1" on the label. 2). "done" is right next to "cancel" in medical notes. There is NO WARNING if you hit "cancel"! All the notes are lost. 3). Resolution problems. Frequently defaults to 800x600 and you have to hit the "expand" button repeatedly or even exit out of the program and restart for it to display properly. This has been an issue since 2003. 4). The whiteboard of who is in the hospital and where doesn't automatically update when opened.

By Covetrus on December 18, 2018
Hi Dr. Deutsch, Thank you for your feedback of our AVImark software. We're happy to hear how easy this is to use and how well the integrations are working for your practice. We're sorry to hear about the technical issues you noted. Our product management team is always looking for feedback so improvements can be made--I've shared this with them. If you ever have additional questions or comments we'd love to hear them. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Stephanie C.
Hospital Director
January 11, 2018

“Initially, we LOVED Avimark but we use it beyond what their own tech support seems to comprehend”

OverallIt facilitates the basics of operating a paperless veterinary hospital.
ProsEasy to maneuver through the software. They have great ideas but their coding and implementation team cannot execute them competently.
ConsTech support is horrendous. There "add-on" features such as credit card options, merchant service partnerships, messaging, reminder systems are not thought thru before they release such features. We are constantly cleaning up the "update" catastrophes caused by their own inability to perfect their product before requiring imperfect updates in order to continue using their product at it's most recent capacity. This has become increasingly disruptive to our client communication and hospital flow. If you ask any of our 25 employees what they could change in our practice, it would be Avimark. They are exhausted from it. They suffer tremendously due to the program's slowness and coding errors with a VERY consistent excuse from their tech support; "we are working on that and will try to fix it on the next update." This means months go by with debilitating issues. We are a paperless practice that is constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to keep up with our current culture. They are not. Our confidence has slowly dissolved into a permanent period of frustration. If Avimark doesn't have a massive shake-up, 2018 may be our last year with this software.
January 11, 2018
DocSide Veterinary C.
Hospital Administrator
May 10, 2017

“OUTDATED & RIDDLED WITH PROBLEMS ”

OverallBiggest benefit are the reviews
ProsNot much. Maybe it's user friendly if you are only using it as a appt scheduler it's goid. Anything more & it's a nightmare
ConsStay away from this product if you have, or want to have, a paperless environment. The are trying to take an old legacy system & tweak it to work in an advanced, paperless world. It wzz never designed to be paperless & never designed for a lot of workstations. So, it freezes every 1/2 hr or so at every workstation so you have to do a manual shut down. It cant handle large client records with lots of atratchments & images such as xrays, ultrasoubd imagex, digital photos, etc Horrible rech support. We know more than the tech support folks. If its anything more than a simple problem your in bug trouble! They will not transfer or give you contact info for a supervisor or mgr of client service. If you finally get ti someone they basically blame all your problems on your network & wash their hands of you. If you are looking for anything more than a calendar or badic name & phone # RUN to another pms.

By Covetrus on May 10, 2017
We¿re sorry that you are experiencing slow performance with your AVImark software. Based on the diagnosis work that our technical support department has done with DocSide Veterinary Center, it appears that the problem might be fixed by upgrading your server. We¿ve offered to test your AVImark program on a new server to ensure that this is the appropriate answer, and we are awaiting a response. We look forward to helping you.
May 10, 2017
Amanda S.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 5, 2019

“Old Reliable”

ProsAVImark is an easy to use program with lots of features. It is one of the classic veterinary CRM programs, and it's easy to see why. The scheduling, client information, hospital & boarding options, whiteboard and billing are some of the main benefits.
ConsThere is no cloud based option here, which essentially limits the practice to in house use only. You can sync offline, but it is more of a pain than it's worth, in my opinion. HS offers eVetPractice which is very similar to AVImark but is a cloud based software. If you're looking for an online option, that is a good go to. Customer service can also be difficult. Updating servers takes time and money. Program is expensive.

By Covetrus on June 27, 2019
Hello Amanda, thank you for providing your feedback! We agree that AVImark has great features and is easy to use. We are always working to improve our customer service, I've shared your feedback with our team. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding AVImark, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
June 5, 2019
April 17, 2019

“Still learning”

ProsI like this software because the client and pets can be viewed at the same time, I love the shortcuts and search feature that includes almost anything you can think of!
ConsThis software can get somewhat confusing to use when you're looking for different documents or searching for things to put in the invoice/patient history. Some of the customer service representatives are not patient with our employees who are not technologically advanced.

By Covetrus on June 20, 2019
Thanks for providing your feedback! We agree that the customer information display [CID] is a great feature which allows for client and patient visibility. It is great to hear how well this is working for your practice. Our Team is always working on improving the customer support experience. I've shared your feedback with our Team. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding AVImark, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
April 17, 2019
Kayla W.
Veterinary tech

“So so product ”

ProsThere are a lot of different features that are great!
ConsI don't feel it's very user friendly unless you pay them to show you how to use everything.

By Covetrus on December 18, 2018
Hi Kayla, Thank you for your feedback! We agree that AVImark has a lot of features that are really great for your veterinary practice. While we do have paid training options, there are also various support documents available on the AVImark website--AVImark.net. If there is ever something specific you're looking for, we're here to help. Please feel free to send any questions, comments, or concerns to us via email at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
November 27, 2018

“Overall fairly food experience”

OverallI found it fairly easy to use. Oftentimes we had difficulty getting ahold of customer service.
ProsEasy to find things in the software. Easily to update things
ConsNeeded more customized things for patient charting.

By Covetrus on December 4, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! We love that you're having a good experience. I've shared your suggestions around additional customization on patient charting with our Product Management Team and difficulties in contacting customer service with our Management overseeing customer service. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
Jan M.
November 19, 2018

“Customer Support”

ProsIn my opinion I would rate the program user friendly-have used it for 22 years...I like the layout appearance and ease to read and locate info.
ConsCustomer support-lab support division--AWFUL. Waited on phone for several minutes for assistance (which I don't mind at all-I understand busy!) Then a man comes on and asks to take my phone number for a call back from staff when they are free. 5 DAYS LATER-I GET A CALL BACK!!!! 5 DAYS.......Second time this has happened--so not an exception!
November 19, 2018
Kim M.
receptionist
October 3, 2017

“Overall it has been an improvement in our practice. ”

ProsThe ease of sending messages to staff members. It is also simple to email records and receipts. I like that it is easy to enter various forms of payment to a client's account.
ConsIt often lags and is very slow. I also hate that when you leave the schedule to look at something else, it does not take you back to the date you were looking at, it bounces back to today's date. It is very frustrating. We are also having difficulty deciding how doctors can let us know if a client has refills on medication.

By Covetrus on October 5, 2017
Kim, thanks for your review! We are happy to share that next release of AVImark (version 2017) will contain some enhancements to improve overall performance and speed of the software. In addition, the prescription refill issue you noted could be solved by using AVImark's Worklist feature. Feel free to contact our support team if you'd like assistance using that feature. Have a great day!
October 3, 2017
rebecca j.
Vet
September 5, 2019

“Avimark for vet clinics”

OverallI've started using avimark more to track my consumables. Starting to integrate lab work into it as well
ProsThis software is very versatile and is well designed. I've been using it for over ten years and still discover new ways I can use it! The technical support is very reliable and the staff really knows there stuff. On line tutorials are really helpful too.
ConsI still have more to learn, just never seem to find the time
Kelly V.
February 21, 2019

“AVImark”

OverallI have used this software in many practices I've worked in for many years. I would have chosen it in my own practice if it wasn't for the cost.
ProsAVImark is great practice management software. It is easy to use, functional, and adaptable. You can customize this product in many ways.
ConsAVImark is expensive to purchase and you must have a server and technical support. Also in some cases there are too many options for customizing the software. It makes it more complicated.

By Covetrus on February 22, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Vail! We agree that AVImark is easy to use, customizable, and adaptable to the practice in many ways. If you're interested in talking to our Hardware Specialists about purchasing options for the server, we'd be happy to connect you. Just reach out to us at the email below and we can get the conversation started. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
February 21, 2019
Caley F.
May 15, 2018

“Basic and easy to use ”

ProsUser friendly, the technical support team is good overall. Adding new items is really easy and the accounting part of Avimark works really well.
ConsIn order to update or do a global apply someone has to be present in order to click on the prompts. Both can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours and all computers must be logged out which requires this to be done after hours. Very inconvenient feature. Tech support must also be contacted in order for any type of global update. Wish it was easier to update on the backend by admins instead of having to call everytime.

By Covetrus on May 22, 2018
Hi Caley, Thank you for your review and feedback! I've shared your comments regarding global updates with our Product Management Team which allows it to be considered for future updates and enhancements. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.
May 15, 2018
Heather C.
Vice President
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 7, 2019

“AviMark Veterinary Software”

ProsTons of features, so many it's hard to keep up with them all. Support was helpful once the clinic I was working at got to a certain size. Very helpful to segment clients to market to in a more detailed way.
ConsSometimes will have hiccups and run very slow. Support is not as great if you're not a larger practice.

By Covetrus on March 8, 2019
Thanks for leaving a review with your feedback, Heather! AVImark provides a ton of features to veterinary practices aimed at streamlining your business. If you're interested in utilizing more of your software, we'd be happy to put you in touch with our Training Team or recommend some classes that would work well for you at our annual VetSummit. We're always working to improve and appreciate you mentioning your experience with Support. If you ever have additional questions, concerns, or would like more information on how we can help optimize our solutions for your business, let us know. Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.
March 7, 2019