Jackrabbit Dance Ratings

Overall

About Jackrabbit Dance

Jackrabbit Dance Studio Software will transform the way you grow your business. See how other owners and directors have reduced frustration, saved time and increased revenue with our industry leading features. Enroll faster with online registration, & payments, recurring billing point of sale, top rated customer service and more. Join over 12,000 studios and schools worldwide who have taken charge of their business by using Jackrabbits leading features. Sign up for your live demo today! Learn more about Jackrabbit Dance

Sahaja M.
11-50 employees
July 23, 2018

“Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.”

OverallJackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.
ProsJR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.
ConsHere's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget it". However the batch process is a simple 2 step process. (Also true of all the other top studio software) 3. Currently, there is no customer app. I am mainly interested in this for the push notification feature. This would be great for promotions and deadline reminders. However, to be fair, they do have a great customer portal which is mobile optimized so customers can access their account anytime on all their devices. (Again, non of the top software have this feature) 4. The LEADS file is limited. Currently, it's mainly a place to park your leads and inactive clients with an email feature. I'd like to see more CRM capabilities like automated drip emails etc. That being said, I have taken the time to research most of the top software and I still find JR to be the most functional and up to date. I feel this is due to the fact that they are always listening to the studio owners and updating the service to meet our needs. Keep up the GREAT WORK Jackrabbit. Love your service!!!!!
July 23, 2018
Keri D.
201-500 employees
July 4, 2016

“We love Jackrabbit!”

OverallWe started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season. In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows. For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3
Pros-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!
Cons-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)
Recommendations to other buyersThe first time a logged on to Jackrabbit it was overwhelmed. I thought there was no way I could learn it all. But the resources & customer support made it really easy to learn. I'm so glad I didnt go to a more "basic" system to suit our business in the early stages. It would have made the transition to Jackrabbit so much more overwhelming now that we've grown.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 11, 2016
We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.
July 4, 2016
Keira R.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 30, 2016

“The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century... ”

OverallAfter 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit. I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen. ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly. Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.
ProsVERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.
ConsThere are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.
Recommendations to other buyersSetting up on line registration is SO worth it. That was the one feature I fought hardest and now I find myself with THREEEEEEE checks to process for 6 summer camps. I used to be 2 days processing hundreds of checks. I LOVE the online registration and payment. For all the other issues I have to work around, those alone save me more time than I spend doing any work arounds. READ the manuals, watch the videos, use the training. This software does so much, you don't even know what is available to use until you really explore.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 1, 2016
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!
June 30, 2016
Katelyn S.
Accounts Manager
July 4, 2017

“JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.”

OverallMass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.
ProsWe like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.
ConsThe cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 5, 2017
Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.
July 4, 2017
Kim R.
October 17, 2019

“Great System for class management”

OverallCustomer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.
ProsThe ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.
ConsHard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.
October 17, 2019
Susan Z.
Chairmain of the Board
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2018

“A single tool to manage student database, emails, and tuition transactions is a huge time saver. ”

OverallTime savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.
ProsEasy to manage students and families. The waivers and online forms are great. We love being able to reconcile tuition transactions and send emails using the same tool as managing student contacts. In the past, we had separate databases for each purpose.
Cons --Taking attendance is cumbersome, instructors can't see all of their classes. This is a big struggle for our open classes where some students pay online and some in person and we need to reconcile payments with who actually showed up. Right now we are still doing this with a paper sign-in sheet since we can't get Jackrabbit attendance to work. --Managing partial payments is difficult. Half of our students pay monthly and each amount is custom due to scholarships or other adjustments. It would good to have a family field for number of payments, and then the ability to have the statement show the next payment amount that is due. It is very time consuming for us to calculate each families payment by hand and send individual notices. --Difficult to reconcile reports due to the filters. The paid fees report is good but its almost impossible t run a transaction report that give the same value. -- It would be great if event registration had an option for groups instead of families. We often have schools or community groups register for our events.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. We would love to help you fix some of these issues through a Checkup call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323
February 23, 2018
Christa A.
July 6, 2017

“Since we began using jackrabbit, you customer retention has doubled. Jackrabbit is awesome!”

OverallWe are happy to say that because the system is automated, our customers retention is higher. Families love that they can register whenever they want on line. We have also had great success with the attendance and skills page. Once the skills buttons were implemented next to the attendance our staff had a much easier time ensuring that skills were assessed in a timely manner. As the director, I also love that I get immediate updates when a family has registered. This summer those updates helped us divert several clients from attending the wrong classes.
ProsNot only is Jackrabbit easy for our customers to use, help is always available for my staff. The Jackrabbit support team is very friendly and patient. We rarely feel like we are waiting for a response. We also love the new skills and attendance tabs. This has been a fabulous tool for us at CREO.
ConsIt can take an hour to figure out where to look for certain buttons on the back end. As we gain more students, my staff has to act more quickly. Waiting for help or searching for the correct button can be frustrating. This is especially the case when we are working on setting up skill sets.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 11, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. Please send questions you have though the Help button in your software and - of course - submit your ideas through the Send Idea button! We depend on your comments. to make improvements.
July 6, 2017
Liz B.
Accounts Manger
1-10 employees
July 2, 2016

“Software That Grows with Us!”

OverallAs we've added new staff there has been a bit of learning curve but we are starting to feel like we are really using the software the best we can. The latest releases have really been great. We are loving the staff portal and look forward to more additions like it.
ProsKeeps track of all the information we need for each family. Let us move inactive students to lead file. Online attendance and staff communication. Easy ways to accept payments.
ConsNot enough flexibility in reporting. Grades don't upgrade automatically. Limited room for note taking and the notes are "hidden" in tabs that are not seen at first. Not enough flexibility with levels/skills. Having to use Dropbox for attachments.
Recommendations to other buyersReally need to have the ability to assign levels/skills by class type (Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, etc.) as students can have different levels. Would like to see levels rather than skills as not all studio tracks through skill, testing, or competition skills/levels. Let us attach items without dropbox. Assign individual emails to studio rather than noreply based to help avoid emails being tagged as spam.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 11, 2016
Hi, thank you for your review. To address your concerns with Jackrabbit, we are happy to share that our grade level upgrade has been enhanced. Our skills are also being added to the Staff Portal and will be released very soon. We'd love to talk to you more about the flexibility you'd like to see in reporting. Thanks for the feedback and the business!
July 2, 2016
Mary M.
Owner/Director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
March 31, 2017

“12 years on jackrabbit and still happy!”

OverallWe joined Jackrabbit Dance in September of 2005 and are still completely satisfied with their service! Jackrabbit Dance has changed a lot since 2005 and so have we! With all of the upgrades each year by Jackrabbit Dance, we have not had a need to look at other software to meet our needs and run our school. Love their customer service! Especially love that the manual is online and training to run the great features is easily accessible.
ProsThe customer service and the fact I can be anywhere in the world and be able to access my business information!
ConsThe only con I can think of is the charge per active student. I would rather it be a charge per active family instead. By student, we are being charged for every child in a single family.
Recommendations to other buyersMore options for those that run multiple programs. For instance, we run dance, gymnastics, acrobatics,aerial silks, music, art, cheer, camps, swimming (seasonal) and an after school program. We are also looking at adding daycare. But thankfully we have been able to figure out some "work arounds" that meet our needs.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on April 2, 2017
We appreciate your awesome review and thank you for your loyalty for 12 years. You have seen Jackrabbit grow up! There's no doubt that you have great ideas for features or functionality in the software that would be helpful - like those you mention for running multiple programs. You're sure to know that we love hearing your ideas through the Send Idea button. So please send these along!
March 31, 2017
Barbara V.
March 23, 2017

“A gym owner' s greatest asset”

OverallI am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru QuickBooks. It was extremely time consuming to transfer information, payments and to invoice via mail. I researched both I class pro and jackrabbit extensively. I found that Iclass pro purchased the company that created the software I had been using. For our company Jackrabbit was the best fit. I was a little apprehensive about getting started but working with the support staff made the transition much easier. I attended a class after about 6 months of using it and that helped me to utilize even more of the facets of this great software. I got ideas from other users that I could take back and use. When we first announced that our clientele could pay on line the response was mixed. I knew it would be easier for me but had hoped this would be a valuable tool for families as well. We are starting in our third year and most cheer families are totally invested while 50 % of the gymnastics side still pay by check or cash. We do not force them to the online pay as we want them to be comfortable about the process. We are located in a rural area and there are several families that do not have internet. A few of my favorite features are on line statement and email capability. We have 3 separate components to our gym so it makes it easy to contact one without contacting the others. I do not invoice a family unless they are late. With Jackrabbit I have had to send very few invoices as our outstanding accounts receivables have gone way down. Our cheer side ( they have 2 accounts each) was generally my problem group. Since we've gone to online pay capability our receivables have become very manageable. 98% of my cheer families pay on line which helps tremendously. We have just finished our cheer season and out of 68 cheerleaders only one family has an outstanding balance. Best cheer season in the 20 years. If you are looking for a product to make life easier and your business more productive and manageable this product is it.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!
Julie M.
office administrator
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees

“Go for it! ”

OverallSnap has been utilizing JackRabbit for a few dance seasons. We have done it gradually and continue to use more and more of it's capabilities. Our experience has shown us that anytime our administrative team 'goes for it', we end up loving the software more! Online registration for our 2015/16 season has been going smoothly and customers love all the conveniences.
ProsWe have discovered that the customer convenience factor has been key. Online registration and customer portal have made parents very happy. The customer portal has been in use for a few years and we are now spending very little time answering questions because parents are now logging in more and more. Huge time saver!
ConsWe will be setting up the staff portal over the next fee months and I would love for my staff to be able to input dancer measurements through the portal. We will have to come up with a new procedure for this. Maybe it's coming?
Recommendations to other buyersI have found the tutorials to be a huge help since we did not attend any training sessions. I printed out any relevant tutorials and worked through them making notes as I went along. It gave me confidence on how to initiate any 'unknowns'!

By Jackrabbit Technologies on June 29, 2016
Hi Julie, thank you for your review. We are happy Jackrabbit has helped Snap and appreciate your business for all these years! Thanks for the idea for the Staff Portal - please send it in through the Idea Button in the software.
Trichia B.
June 14, 2017

“It's been great but wish the credit card fees were less. ”

OverallIt has made inputting of customer info much easier. Now they can do this on their own.
ProsOnce we figured how to integrate our system we were using into Jackrabbit, things went smooth. I LOVE the recital feature, event feature, families registering online.
ConsI feel since I've started using Jackrabbit, I've lost a significant amount of money. I feel it's through accepting credit cards virtually. Fees can be over $6000.00 a year. If just accepting checks there would be no fees or very minimal ones. In having a business in NY, the taxes are already out of control and with additional 3rd party fees, processing fees, percentages, surcharges, and "other" fees it just makes it hard to even pay yourself as well as employees. Possibly someone has an idea of how to fix this ongoing struggle?

June 14, 2017
Jackie L.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
March 23, 2017

“Jackrabbit review - N-STEP Dance Center”

OverallAs I have discussed with many individuals there, I feel that the software is almost too much for the average user. The interface has a "developer" feel, v.s. a "user" feel. Sometimes less is more. Some of the steps that we have to go through are repetitive. For example, on the payment screen, when recording a payment, you need to select a SubType. This forces us to either record the payment split into the correct subtypes, or record it a 1 subtype. In either scenario, it creates more work for us to ensure that our record keeping is accurate.
ProsBest software that I have used to support multiple different tuition schedules Time clock for employees
ConsNot user friendly to start significant learning curve Multiple steps to perform 1 action
Recommendations to other buyersI am more than happy to work with anyone at Jackrabbit to help streamline some of these processes. With over 20 years in sales management, I am very comfortable with databases of all kinds and have a background that makes my usage unique from your regular "dancer who owns a studio".

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - We're happy that you have had success with several features in Jackrabbit but would be even happier if we can help you with the areas where you're finding challenges. We will reach back out to you to work on these areas and to help you to benefit from more areas of your software.
Lindsey H.
Dance Studio Owner
Performing Arts, Self-employed

“Great program!”

OverallJackrabbit has really help me streamline my business. I was wasting hours collecting money and answering emails with questions parents can now find for themselves. In the beginning, it was harder to transfer for year to year however. For instance, I didn't know ahead of time the second year that you could delete the old costume measurements for us until we had already begun importing new ones. Last year was the first year I used the skills tab, so I had the same issue there as well. It would really help if there was some kind of end of year checklist to clear out the old and get ready for the new.
ProsBilling and automatic payments are the best.
ConsNot knowing how to use it to its fullest potential. I am never able to make a conference when it comes around as I am usually teaching.
Recommendations to other buyersAs I mentioned before, an end of year checklist would be super helpful! Things like, deleting old measurements, old skill levels(I use this to recommend fall classes)

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - We're thrilled that you're thrilled! We hope that you continue to see new benefits and use a greater percentage of the software from year to year. Please send the items you mention in 'Advice to Buyers' via the Send Idea button so that they are reviewed by our product road map team as future development is planned. Thank you!
Jessica P.
Bookkeeper
February 22, 2018

“The system has saved us time and money, I love how they actually apply our suggestions”

OverallTime saving, reporting, convenience, ease of having parents do the work them selves,
ProsThe ease of finding information, charging our families with a click of a button and the recital module. Also the store is very handy to have linked to your families accounts.
ConsThey need to concentrate on the Canadians way of doing things more our taxes need to be worked in better. The store is great but I have suggestions to make it more user friendly with inventory and purchase orders. The fees as a Canadian using credit cards is insanely high.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and are thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We understand the challenge with tax rates, and with the credit card fees, we recommend reaching out to SafeSave to ensure you are receiving the lowest rate. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!
Tiffany B.
Project Coordinator / Costume Manager
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2018

“We love Jackrabbit. We recently started to use the recital management feature & costume mangement.”

ProsJackrabbit is easy to use! We really like the costume management feature and the costume management feature. We also like the the time clock. We would like to start using the Events feature in the near future
ConsThe parent portal and they way the account payments are linked in the account summary. Our parents don't use the portal much because they say it is hard to understand. We spend a lot of time trying to explain.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
Perfect timing! We will be releasing our new Parent Portal in the next couple months. This will be mobile friendly and much easier to use, the look and feel is much more modern. The function of linking payments and fees will be the same but hopefully it will be easier to understand in the new Parent Portal. It looks like your parents may be having trouble with some unlinked Payments/Fees, we recommend a Checkup Call help fix the issue. Here is a link to schedule your call: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323
Kyle G.
Gym owner
March 27, 2017

“Function and ease of mind ”

OverallI have used this software going on 5 years and I couldn't imagine running my business without it. Keeping customer accounts up to date, accessible by clients and organized is so key. Online registration and customer interface that doesn't require you to teach clients how to use is so valuable. The added value of things like online employee timeclock, attendance for members, mini Cramm, and apparel tracking/ordering lets you save $ from other things. Pricing adjusts with the size of your business. I love this software
ProsOnline registration and employee timeclock
ConsI wish that autopay ran automatically with zero interaction without me having to click "go" once a month.
Recommendations to other buyersIf it seems confusing at first set up a time to speak to support who can get you started easier

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - We appreciate you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We hope you continue to find new amazing ways Jackrabbit helps you.
Anna E.
Office & Costume Manager
June 28, 2017

“Plenty of features, somewhat confusing”

ProsThis software has a ton of useful features and options. Processing payments and refunds is easy. The menu filters are very helpful.
ConsThe reports are very confusing to the point where I feel like I can't get them to work for me. There was a major glitch this spring with costume balances that caused me a huge headache. Customers can only see their last 20 transactions.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 5, 2017
We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see changes and improvement. There are also some areas where you may need help. We provide the Send Ideas button in your software to give you a direct way to communicate your ideas with our product planners. We also provide a Help button that gives you access to every resource Jackrabbit provides to help you - including talking to a Support Team member. Please use these tools so we can help you get more from your software investment.
Kim F.
October 30, 2018

“Great customer service and user friendly!”

ProsThey are always updating their software and even take suggestions on what they can offer that we as customers would like. They also respond to their customer service tickets in great time and always answer my questions.
ConsAt this time, jackrabbit does not offer a billing feature for us that we need however an employee said she would submit it to the team for review to be able to add it in the future.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on November 1, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind words, Kim. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, our Client Services team is truly dedicated to our users! As you mentioned, our updates are coming more frequently and are based on your feedback, including the billing option you requested! We hope you've taken advantage of our Ideal Portal, too - you can submit all of your ideas and even up-vote the ideas of other Jackrabbit users! We love hearing from you!
October 30, 2018

“Satisfied but could be more.”

OverallWe love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.
ProsI love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.
ConsI would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on December 14, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.
Jeanne O.
Staff secretary
February 27, 2018

“Compared to the last system we used, this has more functions.”

OverallMAKES MY JOB EASIER AND MAKES THE CUSTOMERS REALIZE IT.
ProsI like it because we no longer have to manually generate statements each month. I like being able to look at the transactions and how each payment was applied.
ConsI never had to removed a monthly tuition fee because someone paid in advance of the next month to be billed. Each time I forget to remove this fee, I get a complaint that the customer was duplicate billed for the new month. I wish this problem could be addressed.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
Thank you for your endorsement of Jackrabbit! We're excited that you are getting value from using our software. We're always listening and seeking out ways to help you even more. We wish you continued success and would love to help you solve some of your issues through a Checkup Call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323
February 27, 2018
Erica L.
June 28, 2017

“Jackrabbit does everything you need it to do to run a successful dance studio! ”

ProsI love that the software can really do just about anything - it just takes time setting it up and training staff.
ConsEach "module" only goes so far. There is so much the Recital Module should do and it doesn't. Same with Staff Portal. Sometimes it won't allow a simple thing, such as emailing an archived class (we want to do that all the time). It's also very expensive now compared to the new softwares on the market.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 5, 2017
We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see tweaked and enhanced. We provide an easy way for you to tell us everything you're thinking - it's through the Send Ideas button in the software. Please use it to get your ideas officially into the database that our product planning team reviews regularly. We're always looking for ways to improve.
Alison W.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
June 29, 2016

“Jackrabbit member since 2008 and LOVE IT! ”

OverallI have been with Jackrabbit since 2008 and have been very happy. I love that they are constantly updating their system based on our feedback. Many suggestions I have made have been updated. My favorite thing is auto pay! They also have an awesome new staff portal which will make payroll so much easier as well as attendance. It is pretty easy to figure out by just playing with it, however their customer service is wonderful! Any time I can't figure something out I can chat online with a service representative, or email in a question. I always recommend Jackrabbit to anyone I talk to about studio software! They also have training sessions periodically through out the year that are very helpful to new users, and I even learn a few things after being with them for so long.
ProsEase of use, Customer service, auto pay, recital module, staff portal, training videos, online registration.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 1, 2016
We are so happy to see what Jackrabbit has done for your business! Thank you!!
Corin A.
June 24, 2019

“Great Software for Dance Studios!”

OverallI have saved lots of time and stress when it comes to collecting tuition by using Jackrabbit; it allows me to easily post fees, run tuition, and see numbers on a report. I love their staff and how helpful they are when you don't understand something or need explanation.
ProsI love that you can set favorites to remember your settings when doing things like running reports, posting tuition, etc. I love that if there is something Jackrabbit currently isn't doing or doesn't have, you can suggest it in their idea portal; they are very open to suggestions and providing feedback.
ConsI don't like that you can't set up a class to meet multiple days, at different times. I also think that there should be an easier way to see what a parent sees in the parent portal.
Julia L.
March 30, 2017

“Our staff loves Jackrabbit!”

OverallWe have had nothing but good experiences with Jackrabbit. The customer service team is helpful and they take all the ideas they can get from their customers. There are so many features and I am so thankful this has made running our gymnastics school so much smoother!! Online enrollment is where it is at for us
ProsEase of event enrollment
ConsI wish the recital features were a little easier and that it was a little easier to get links for separate events...maybe an auto generate

By Jackrabbit Technologies on April 2, 2017
We appreciate your review and we're thrilled that you love Jackrabbit! You're taking advantage of one of our most awesome features in online enrollment and we're glad you use the recital feature. As you know, we listen to what users say, so please hang in there and you may see some helpful recital feature enhancements. We hope you continue to have success with your gym and with using Jackrabbit to operate and grow it.
Jennifer P.
Accounts Director
Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees
February 22, 2018

“It has helped us streamline in a big way. ”

OverallStreamlining our 2 companies that merged plus the training software as well as the broad use of the product
ProsI love the continued training options. I love the Facebook group so that I can hear from other customers about what works, what doesnt and upcoming upgrades, etc.
ConsI HATE that it does not yell at me more when I scan someone in that has a balance. I wish the box would turn red! It would help my collections rate big time.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It's our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We're always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success. Great idea to have the option of showing a balance in RED. I have added this to our Enhancement list for consideration.
Adrianna D.
Owner/instructor
June 29, 2017

“We use the software to manage our dance studio and have 80-100 families. ”

OverallEasy management of files.
ProsWe love the email features! So many templates and options. Another feature we love is the parent portal! So easy to bill accounts and allow parents to pay. It allows the money to go through less hands.
ConsThe search feature is very specific and if you don't remember exactly how the class is titled, it won't pull up.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 5, 2017
We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with so many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see tweaked and enhanced. That is exactly why we provide a way (through the Send Ideas button) in the software for you to share your thoughts with us. Please share your ideas about the search feature! We're always looking for ways to improve.
June 29, 2017
Terilynne K.
Owner/Director
November 2, 2018

“Best business decision I ever made!”

OverallCommunication with the parents, students and staff is so much easier and quicker with Jackrabbit. Also, billing with Jackrabbit has changed our lives here in the office. I wish I wouldn't have waited as long as I did to switch to Jackrabbit!
ProsThe time and energy it saved me in the office. I now have more time to do the things I enjoy like teach and choreograph.
ConsIt takes a little time to learn all the options that Jackrabbit has to offer, but I promise IT IS WORTH IT!!

By Jackrabbit Technologies on December 14, 2018
Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit, Terilynne! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.
Kristy D.
Sports, Self-employed
March 24, 2017

“Jackrabbit is the best. ”

OverallI have been using Jackrabbit since 2012. They are constantly updating and making changes for the better. The customer support is great. Since using Jackrabbit my office is way more simplified. They allow you to post classes for online registration and take payments out automatically. I would highly recommend this program to anyone needing client management.
ProsDrafts Reports
ConsIt doesn't prorate tuition automatically when kids enroll mid month.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat work putting the new email option on the balance past due tab

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you continue to enjoy working with tech support when you have questions and using the software more powerfully with each enhancement. Please look for prorating! It's coming!
March 24, 2017
Beverly B.
Owner- Instructor

“Jackrabbit-Dancing Unlimited”

OverallWonderful software- I've been using for three years- never had a problem with support and my customers love the ease and flexibility it provides- no more chasing someone down for a payment!!! It's the best!!! Keeps me organized with a click of a button - it's wonderful to be able to access anywhere- long car rides are never downtime anymore!
ProsEasy to use and understand
ConsHonestly there are no cons for me!
Recommendations to other buyersStart using it now- it will change your life

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try everyday to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!
Kat P.
January 8, 2017

“User Friendly Software”

OverallI started using Jackrabbit about 4-5yrs ago and little did I know at the time at I would end up running the company for the owner. It was so easy to learn all the different features and they're constantly updating with improvements with step by step explanations of the new features. Updates don't ecer effect you using the software and Tech support is amazing!
ProsHow easy it is to use and they're constantly improving the software.
ConsHaven't honestly found one yet.

January 8, 2017
Pete O.

“Jackrabbit Software ”

OverallLove the service and the people!!
ProsEasy to use and does everything I need It to do. Customer service is great and really good people to work with. I love the JR team!!
ConsSometimes some items can be hard to customize to our liking so we have to modify when we need info or reports. But JR is always listening to our ideas.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on December 14, 2018
Thank you for your endorsement of Jackrabbit! We¿re excited that you are getting value from using our software. As you mentioned, we¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you even more, so don't be afraid to use that "send idea" button! We wish you continued success.
Jay H.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2018

“Love Jack Rabbit”

OverallMy overall experience has been great but then again we came from all manual procedures.
ProsMakes registration,tuition, and taking payments a breeze
ConsThere is really nothing that I don't like! Every time we find something that will make the software better we submit our ideas!

By Jackrabbit Technologies on December 14, 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and we¿re thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!
November 1, 2018
Terrie B.
October 9, 2018

“Best decision for my business ever!!”

OverallGreat data base for customer information!!
ProsEase of use and customer service!! All customer information in one spot. Ability to offer online registration and pay.
ConsWould prefer it to be able to automatically post a set processing fee when clients use cc online to pay.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on October 26, 2018
We¿re thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit, and we appreciate your positive comments. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!
October 9, 2018
February 6, 2018

“For studio owners/staff, you need it. NEED. ”

ProsJackrabbit is really the first and only thing you need to run a dance studio. I cannot say enough what a boon it was to the industry when it first came on the scene. It's amazing, it does EVERYTHING you could possibly need it to do, the company is incredibly supportive and holds continuing education to get the most out of it, and it's highly cost effective given the range of functionality. You don't need anything else if you have it, which is amazing--especially for an industry that is often miles behind others when it comes to technology.
ConsNothing. Seriously. Anything wrong with it would just be nitpicking, and given what I wrote about its positive side, it's simply not worth nitpicking such a vital and amazing product with such a great team attached to it.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 13, 2018
We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!
February 6, 2018
Carrie G.
Studio Owner
July 11, 2017

“After trying two other programs and the pencil/paper method, Jackrabbit is a huge time saver!”

OverallHaving all of my data in one place, organized, and archived is priceless!
ProsIt does so many things, and I'm still discovering ways to utilize it. The search capabilities are fantastic.
ConsSometimes I look for a report that I think I want to run and I can't always find it. That could entirely be user error though!

July 11, 2017
Tracy P.
March 30, 2017

“Jackrabbit Review from Just”

OverallAny questions or suggestions we have are always addressed/corrected in a very timely manner. Great customer service!!
ProsEase of use, functionality and customer service to tell me where to look or offer suggestions.
ConsThings I think of are too extensive.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on April 2, 2017
Thank you for your review! We're happy that you have had great experiences with customer service. We strive for excellence! We continuously improve our software and hope that our enhancements will address the areas where you may find challenges. Please let us know your ideas through the Send Idea button in your software. We love hearing from you!
Shavaun S.
1-10 employees
July 6, 2016

“Jackrabbit review from Genesis Performing Arts School”

OverallI looked at Jackrabbit 3 times before I actually took the plunge and abandoned it each time because I couldn't figure it out. The learning curve is pretty steep but the jump start class helped tremendously.
ProsAll of my family and transaction information is in one place.
ConsI can't copy and paste pictures into the emails. And I haven't found a way to easily delete more than one transaction at a time from the transaction page.
Recommendations to other buyersI thought this system wouldn't work for me but I got tired of using excel spreadsheets. The jumpstart call made all of t he difference. Now I can't imagine using anything else.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 11, 2016
Hi - we are glad you took the plunge and are on board with Jackrabbit. We are happy the Jumpstart Coach helped you and have a lot of other options for helping you become an even powerful user. We can add photos into emails - just ask support and they can help you out. We'd also like to take a look at your transaction page and offer tips on how to handle deleting them in groups. Thank you!
July 6, 2016
Lisa W.
Dance Teacher
October 31, 2018

“App please”

ProsIt is easy to take roll for my dance classes.
ConsIn the phone version, I can't see the full list of my students unless the class is that same day. Also I wish it were an actual app and would save login info.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on December 14, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It¿s our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success, our customer support team would love to assist with any issue you may be experiencing.
October 31, 2018
Lari L.
Director of Dance
July 10, 2017

“I love having everything in one place. This is the only way I am able to keep up!”

ProsAgain, I love that everything can be done in one place. I use the sign in and out sheets daily. I use the email families once a week during concert season to keep families up to date on schedules etc... I use the class enrollment daily. This system truly keeps me organized on a daily basis.

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 11, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you have many more years of success in unleashing Jackrabbit's power for your center.
Jenna R.
Studio Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Great user software”

ProsThe customer support is great--you can suggest modifications or upgrades, and they listen. We are able to integrate our payment processing and website with Jackrabbit easily. Registration processing is a breeze.
ConsThere are some reports that we're not able to pull that would be very helpful. There are some reports that should pull information that matches up with other reports, but sometimes they don't line up.
Alice S.
Studio Manager
July 10, 2017

“VERY user friendly. Yearly seminars to keep you updated on new features. Great service.”

ProsParent portal makes it super easy for parents to keep up. Very easy to train new users. Very user friendly.
ConsI wish we could easily copy and paste pics on class emails. I know there must be an easier way to do it.

Alison W.
Education Management, 1-10 employees

“Love jack rabbit!”

OverallI know they are working on updates all the time! And there are a few I can't wait to have! But I love the ones we do have!
ProsEase of use
ConsWaiting for the updates I want

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! It sounds like you take advantage of the Send Idea button and understand how much we depend on those comments when we create future development plans! Thank you for your patience as you await some enhancements you've requested. We hope you'll see whatever you're hoping for soon!
Terrie B.

“Love Jackrabbit!”

OverallBeen a JR customer since 2010 and have loved it from day one! Customer service is the best! The program offers so many valuable features that are beneficial to my business.
ProsEase of use
ConsNa
Recommendations to other buyersWould like for the processing fee to be addeducated automatically when a cc is being processed

By Jackrabbit Technologies on March 27, 2017
Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! We hope you have many more years of success in unleashing Jackrabbit's power for your studio. Please send the item you mention in 'Advice to Buyers' via the Send Idea button.
Pete O.
October 3, 2019

“Jackrabbit Review”

OverallGreat service that takes care or all my needs as a dance studio.
ProsEasy to use, saves a to of time, great customer service!! Has all the features I need for the studio to work efficiently.
ConsWish we could have more selection/options for our credit processing. This would make the rates more competitive and also we have had some issues with the only 2 options available now.
October 3, 2019
Kate Y.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“A total game changer! ”

OverallJackrabbit Dance changed the game for our Dance Academy. We have doubled in size since implementing it and I really do feel that it has played a role in our growth. We are way more efficient and are able to offer a better experience to our students and their families because of it!
ProsI think my favorite feature of Jackrabbit is the Parent Portal. It puts a lot of responsibility and power in the parents' hands which was a huge change for us. I also like the different report options available. There are so many, it is usually pretty easy to find what I need. Additionally, the online help features/tutorials are really great!
ConsIt was difficult to set up and took a while for us to learn it. Also, there are some limitations at times when we want to explore something out of the norm.
July 16, 2019
Katy B.
June 24, 2019

“Makes managing a dance studio MUCH easier!”

OverallJackRabbit is well worth the money! It makes processing registration so much faster and easier than before. Now all of our data finally agrees...role sheets, front desk, registration forms, etc.
ProsOnline payments, parent access through the portal, electronic role for classes, ability to track payments and charges easily, combined accounts for families with more than one student, great customer support.
ConsReports are limited. There are a TON of reports to choose from but sometimes I can't get exactly what I'm looking for.
Jacque D.
November 5, 2018

“A Jack Rabbit Fan!”

OverallI use the online training to try to keep up to date with everything at Jack Rabbit. It has been such a positive experience and made a huge impact for my dance studio.
ProsIt streamlined our business and allowed us to havemultiple users at many locations.
ConsAlways looking for new facets of JR to use in our business. I wish someone could come to my studio and show me everything at once!
November 5, 2018
Amber C.
June 28, 2017

“Using Jackrabbit has changed the way I manage my studio! It's great to have everything in one place”

ProsI love the invoicing for monthly tuition statements. The costume management is a great feature. And just this year I used the recital conflicts to help manage my shows and that was a huge help!!

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 5, 2017
Thank you for your compliments! It's gives our entire team tremendous satisfaction to know that we help you do some of the most critical processes for your business quicker and better. We wish you continued success!
Kelly K.
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“We love jackrabbit”

OverallWe love jackrabbit and all the features that make our lives so much easier! The customer support is top notch!
ProsCustomer support. They are always there and willing to help if you need them
ConsIt was hard to originally learn. I just wish I would have went to the conference from the getgo
Recommendations to other buyersGo to the user conference. It was life changing

By Jackrabbit Technologies on July 1, 2016
Thank you for sharing your experience. In person training is a huge hit - glad you enjoyed it and learned some tips!