ClienTrax Ratings

Overall

About ClienTrax

Robust Veterinary Practice Management Software including Electronic Medical Records, Integrated Labs, and Digital Imaging, Mobile App, On-line Appointment Scheduling, Reminders, Recalls, Practice Builder Client Retention program and many more time proven features. Learn more about ClienTrax

Robert K.
Practice Owner
February 3, 2018

“We have used ClienTrax for over 5 years and have been a very satisfied customer since day one.”

ProsINTEGRATION. ClienTrax Cloud Services is a very valuable offering. Our clients can schedule appointments in real time 24/7/365. So much more that a simple email request for an appointment. The client survey tool is also extremely useful. Additionally, the Merchant Services integration is a time save and a good value. Laboratory and Imaging results are efficiently downloaded into the patient record, putting all information into a well organized chart. The ClienTrax team works hard to keep the program current and provide real problem solving solutions in an ever changing environment. Additionally, the reports generated have all the information needed to make business decisions. There is also the ability to customize reports, when needed.
ConsThe only con would be to really spend some time thinking about your practice workflow before changing to a new software. There are many useful tips and tools within ClienTrax that can improve practice efficiency when utilized correctly, with prior planning. The only change I would have made would have been spending more time planning our conversion, to better utilize the ClienTrax strengths sooner.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Dr. Knapp Thank you so much for the great review! We greatly appreciate your business and we strive to do our very best to support your progressive and busy practice!
February 3, 2018
David W.
May 3, 2018

“Solid Practice Management Software and Support ”

ProsI love ClienTrax! This program has all the latest features to streamline all of my hospital logistical needs. I'm very happy with the flawless integration with all of my digital and blood equipment as well as outside lab results. My clients comment on how easy it is to make online appointments and I'm thrilled that it happens in real-time. The reminders and client communications are fully automated, set it up and forget it. By using the accounting, payroll, inventory and all the business features, I have more time to concentrate on my patients and clients. Customer service is always there for me and will listen to any improvements or ideas I have. The bottom line is having ClienTrax saves time and money.
ConsPerhaps more frequent updates. As with any management software, it does take time to properly set up. Don't take shortcuts.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thanks so much for the great review! We strive to provide the best technical solutions to your practice, and we appreciate you as a "power user" of ClienTrax software.
May 3, 2018
Anthony S.
February 1, 2018

“Have used Clientrax over 20 years, easy to use, good support, cost effective, and stays up to date.”

OverallThe vendor has negotiated some great integrations with credit card processors.
ProsVery Intuitive, quick learning curve for new employees, payroll functions well! Ongoing support, Updated often, very economical yearly maintenance fee!
ConsSome updates have to work out glitches, guess that is true for any software. Some laboratories and in-house blood machines don't integrate well.

By ClienTrax Software on February 8, 2018
Dr. Stansbury, thank you for the feedback on the ClienTrax software! ClienTrax currently has bi-directional integration with Antech, Heska, and Idexx lab products. The Abaxis equipment still requires a correct driver to be installed on a PC to the USB only device for integration. All of us here at ClienTrax look forward continuing to work with you and your team as technology changes and these integrated solutions become seamless.
Miro D.
May 7, 2018

“Easy to use , dependable soft ware and great support.”

ProsHad used Clientrax in previous hospital. Had attempted a different software in new practice but switched back to Clientrax within 2 weeks. The software is easy to learn for new users and every function . Having way too many features as we have found in the other software does complicate matters. We prefer a one step/click to get to where we want to go which Clientrax does.
ConsThe software is pretty straight forward and some may scoff at its simplicity and may find it a little out dated but for what our practice requires of it and it is quite good enough.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thanks so much for the great review! We are sorry you had such a terrible experience with the other software supplier!
May 7, 2018
April L.
Veterinarian, Owner
1-10 employees
September 9, 2016

“Terrible software! Terrible support! Outdated products”

Overall2500 characters is not enough space to give you the details of our experiences with CT software, support and ownership. In 2013, we purchased the software as well as ancillary services such as digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray. I selected CT for my practice based on a demo I was shown online by one of the VPs that I'd known when he was at Intravet. The demo showed a working white board to keep tabs on all cases/patients in the hospital. During the time we had the software up and running, we were NEVER able to use the white board. I was told there was absolutely integration with IDEXX for import of lab results into medical record. Never. Happened. The representative that came to do our training spent about 10 hrs of our training time one day trying to get IDEXX results imported into MR. Nope. It took us about 5 mos to get basic, unreliable importation of labs from IDEXX. IDEXX tried to work with us and offered to have conference call a year later when we were frustrated that when we had add on tests that were performed later and imported were changing name of the previously requisitioned testing and IMPORTING OVER THE DATA. I could not get CT to come to the table to work it out! Digital x-ray. AGFA CR10. Seemed to work well at first. Images then poor quality intermittently, then regularly (under then over exposed, lines in the images, etc). CT assured us they had reported to AGFA and were working with them. HOURS of tech time wasted doing testing, software installation, updates, etc. Finally, 14 mos AFTER we purchased (warranty of 1 yr), it completely failed-would not work at all right before Labor Day weekend. CT said nothing they could do. After repeated calls, they finally gave me contact info for AGFA. Initially was told it would be minimum of $1500 to even come out & likely $3000 or more to repair. Asked AGFA what reports they had from CT on the issue. Only 2 were the most recent and another about 18mos previously with our serial number but registered to an urgent care facility in MA or somewhere?!! Whuuut?? Had to solve myself with AGFA and local agent. Unit defective and had been. Got replacement thru AGFA & local support, NOT CT. No help at all from CT. Records lost, patient files going into other patient files without anyone moving them... On and on. I have hundreds of emails to CT over the 2 years we tried to use. Finally had to scrap it and decide to invest in completely different software. DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE! Antiquated OS!!!
ProsAbsolutely NOTHING.
ConsEVERYTHING. It is written in Omnis which was initially competing (back in the 90s) with File Maker Pro. You probably can guess who won that race. Omnis has very little support now because it's not profitable.
Recommendations to other buyersStay away! Far away! The folks I talked to on yahoo users group when I was a user are either just trying to survive and reluctant to purchase something else due to cost, learning new system, etc. or they don't use the software fully and so it doesn't bother them when it glitches, etc.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Dr. Linson I am sorry you had this experience. I know that all of us here at ClienTrax did our best to help you. I personally took many calls from you during off hours. We sent trainers back to your facility at no additional cost to you. I think the experience would have much better for you overall, if you had not experienced so much staff turnover. In regard to your comment about Omnis. We have found this platform to perform very well for many years. I am not sure what you have based your comment about Omnis not being profitable. You can see by many of our 5 Star Plus reviews, that most users do not have the same experience. Best of luck with your future endeavors!
September 9, 2016
Allegra M.
April 19, 2018

“Easy to Use Software--Excellent Customer Service”

ProsIt is very easy to teach to new employees, most pick it up in a day or two. We are paperless so the functionality of that is great. Inventory management portion is phenomenal compared to other programs. Customer service is very responsive. They always get back to me within the day of a phone call. They take customer input and add to the program if practical.
ConsThe whiteboard is a bit weak but they are currently working on updating it. Other than that I have had very few problems with the software that wasn't easily fixed.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thank you for the great review Allegra! We really enjoy having you as a long term advocate and customer!
April 19, 2018
September 11, 2019

“Clientrax as Veterinary Organization and System”

OverallThe Clientrax systems provide all of the necessary features to complete the job of a medical receptionist, allows multiple jobs to be completed simultaneously, and displays all information clearly. I would definitely recommend it.
ProsThis software gives users multiple options for achieving one task, such as adding patient and client information or creating and scheduling a new appointment. Additionally, the customer service team and the system are wonderful and I always have my problems resolved, sometimes even when they don't involve the Clientrax software, promptly.
ConsIt takes some time to get used to this system and because there are multiple ways of achieving one goal, there can be a learning curve when first using the software.
September 11, 2019
Dean W.
DVM
August 16, 2017

“Used this for almost 20 years loved it at first and before they updated and upgraded horrible since ”

Overallease of use and its familiar
ProsEasy to use, and workflow. was great in the beginning but after they upgraded and reorganized the company everything else has gone south
ConsSupport is rude unhelpful and always says its you system your network or something besides their software and its repeated unresolved issues that keep surfacing. When I orignally purchased it service was great, friendly and efficient. The older version were much better the current version I hate should be the opposite. Original prices and yearly support was great now for what you get it is and have to put up with it is horrible and expensive

By ClienTrax Software on November 29, 2017
Dr. all of us here appreciate your review and we strive to become better as we grow. Shortly after this review was posted I can see that our Support team worked with you to resolve your system issues. We found that the issues that you were having was the result of your local PC¿s having both local user accounts and email log in accounts. This created issues with your PC¿s sharing printers as your email log in account changed passwords. This would then disable the shared Windows printer on the PC that other systems were using. We created a local user account with a user name and password to help the issues of sharing resources. The ClienTrax software program depends on PC and printer setup to work properly. If these settings are not sharing resources (printers) correctly it can make for a frustrating experience in any practice management software. If you do not have a local IT resource to setup a consistent PC and printer setup for you ClienTrax does sell and support PC's.
August 16, 2017
Jessica S.
January 15, 2019

“Customer Service”

OverallThe customer service is incredible! I asked about the possibility of getting a handheld scanner to speed up check out for our customers and they were extremely helpful. After I purchased the scanner I wasn't sure how to get it up and running so I emailed them and the Vice President of the company answered my numerous emails and got me up and running and enhanced our customer's experience. Thanks guys!
ProsThe software is very user friendly.
ConsI like everything about this software.
January 15, 2019
Randy D.
DVM
February 8, 2018

“Excellent Software”

ProsI certainly love everything, firstly is user friendly, the software has everything you need to run efficiently your practice, integration is all and in clientrax you have blood works, pictures, x-rays, etc . They also provides daily icloud recovery back-up system which is extremely helpful and important.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thanks so much for the great review Dr. Dominguez. We appreciate your business!
February 8, 2018
Tammy D.
Director of Administration
April 12, 2018

“We have been using Clientrax for 20 years. It has grown with our business. ”

ProsI am still learning all the functions the program has to offer. If it isn't available the programmers are willing to listen add it
ConsThe accounting portion within the program is a little weak. This seems to be something they are working on improving,

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thanks for the great review Tammy! We appreciate your business and do everything we can to support your successful and busy clinic!
April 12, 2018
Ktanaw H.
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2017

“Inconsistent & Lacks Follow Through”

OverallWe had a software system.
ProsThe basic software is cheaper than many other companies. You get what you pay for though, and it is not worth the hassle.
Cons- Constantly needs updating and everytime we updated, we would lose some piece of information. This has been particularly true since they updated to their "newer" version. -Support is very difficult to contact or get a response from. We literally did not get a response from them for MONTHS until we showed up at their booth at a conference. -It is not intuitive or user-friendly. You have to click on a LOT of buttons to get anything done. So anyone new needs a LOT of training to understand the ins and outs of the system just to check someone in or bill them out. - The clock in/out feature will clock your employee in or out each time they log in to put something in a patient file. It reeked havoc on our time sheets and had a serious impact on morale because employees needed to edit their time sheets daily and it caused a lot of frustration.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Ktanaw- I am sorry you had a bad experience. You can tell by the numerous 5 Star Reviews this is not a typical customer experience.
September 19, 2017
Mackenzie H.
Office manager
June 5, 2018

“Hard to get used to but wonderful once you do! ”

ProsSo many features and always new updates and they customer support is like no other. Always get my problem solved and quickly. Always willing to help!
ConsOccasionally hard to use or find something but still love it The pros outweigh the cons in this situation

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Mackenzie- Thanks so much for the awesome review!
June 5, 2018
Paul H.
February 1, 2018

“Easy to use, great features including fully integrated digital radiography. Excellent tech support.”

ProsGreat features including full integration of radiographs. Robust tracking options, technical support is easy to contact and very responsive to correcting issues that may arise.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thank you so much for your great review. As a long term user, we really appreciate your comments and your business!
Andrew W.
December 1, 2015

“have used in busy small animal practice for 8 years”

Overallexcellent overall system. can handle electronic med. records and integrates well with outside lab, and all imaging modalities Easy for staff to learn

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thank you for the great review Dr. Weitzman. You are what we consider a "power user" and we go above and beyond here to support your practice in the use of ClienTrax!
December 1, 2015
Ellen I.
January 26, 2017

“Clientrax Veterinary Software Review ”

OverallThe support team works hard to make sure we stay up and running. I have 3 sites, and for the most part it is seamless.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Thank you for the great review!
January 26, 2017
Lorrie C.
Owner/ DVM
March 25, 2016

“Nothing but problems”

OverallI have used this software for eight years on Macs. It is buggy. It has cost me so much money in lost staff time and outside IT support. At one point it destroyed a number of medical records that could never be recovered. I can't seem to get help with their support until I complain long and loud enough. I am on the website seeking alternatives at this time.

By ClienTrax Software on July 16, 2018
Dr. Clemens We are sorry that you had a negative experience. You can tell buy our many 5 Star reviews that this is not typical.
March 25, 2016