SafetySkills Ratings

Overall

About SafetySkills

SafetySkills provides engaging online safety training in HR compliance and EHS competencies, as well as targeted training for specific industreis. SafetySkills offers a comprehensive online solution for users to select and assign interactive compliance training to their employees on a pay-as-you-go or monthly subscription basis. The SafetySkills team has developed and deployed over 600 EHS online training titles for organizations in sixteen countries and in six languages. Learn more about SafetySkills

Walt I.
HSE
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
October 25, 2018

“J-W Power Company”

OverallWe have solved our problems of being able to remotely train over 600 employees, quickly, easily and routinely; and with quality safety courses meeting regulatory compliance. Overall the entire package if effective, professional and the staff at Safety Skills is great to work with and always do their best to address our needs.
ProsAccessibility across the US to home and field based employees. The ability to assign and require completion of training subject at anytime, within a matter of minutes to employees throughout the company. The fact it is continually improving and has since we began utilizing it. Ease of use, yet complex system.
ConsIt is a generic program that can be customized to meet most of your wants and needs - there are limitations however in the manner in which I want some functions of the system to operate. With that being said, the Safety Skills staff works with us to make changes and upgrades within reason - we sometimes have to remind ourselves that we are not the only company utilizing this system. We can't expect it to be completely company specific.
October 25, 2018
Jennifer C.
EHS System and Support Admin
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees

“Safety Skills- AFL”

OverallMy overall experience has been very good. They helped us to smoothly transition into a new system. Although, there have been hiccups along the way our account has not been the most simplified process due to the multiple training matrixes and locations. I feel that considering this aspect, this has been very functional and helpful for our IC metrics and data reporting to ensure safety compliance at AFL. Matt Chavers, Samantha Double, and Teresa Fanning have been a HUGE help in the overall process. Customer service has, mostly, been very responsive and able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
ProsI like the course offerings, as well as the reporting features. There is ease of use in the Excel Format, as well.
ConsThere are some things that I wish the developers would implement to advance the software; however, any time I make the suggestion they always are able to come up with a solution or try to fix the issue at hand.
Kelsey P.
HSE Team Assistant
Oil & Energy, 5001-10,000 employees
June 20, 2019

“Safety Skills Review”

OverallI am super impressed with Safety Skills! They have been super helpful with every question that I have had for them. They made the transition from two accounts to one super easy and all information was transferred over without any issues.
ProsI like how user friendly the software is for all of our field employees! I also love the fact that we are able to enter in training/attachments that are specific to our company and send out to folks to be able to take the training.
ConsThe only thing that I would like to change would be able to offer questions when attachments are assigned to individuals instead of just allowing them to sign and it automatically remove from their training dashboard.
June 20, 2019
Elizabeth M.
Trainer/Business Analyst
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
August 3, 2018

“Excellent Customer Service and Products”

OverallThe Sales Team and the Customer Service Team are a fantastic group of people. Any time I have reached out with a question, I receive extremely prompt and professional service and support. Their courses meet most of our needs and our users are happy with them.
ProsSafetySkills worked with us and our current LMS to quickly upload their courses. When the courses have updates, I receive a communication explaining the changes. Our users in the field complete many SafetySkills classes each month and we rarely (if ever) have had any issues with the quality of the content.
ConsN/A
August 3, 2018
Janice V.
admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
October 29, 2018

“SafetySkills Review”

OverallOverall I love SafetySkills but I believe the reason I've had such a good experience is because the customer support that I have had has been exceptional.
ProsI love all the different things the software can do. I love all the different ways I can run reports and being able to auto assign reports.
ConsI have to print several certificates a week. I would be very beneficial to be able to print multiple certificates at one time instead of only one at a time.
October 29, 2018
Diane C.
HR Director
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
July 24, 2019

“Great User Friendly Software”

OverallWe've used the software for the past three (3) years for our annual employee safety training
ProsSoftware offers a vast selection of training topics to choose from
ConsNothing. No complaints regarding software
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“The first content provider for our first LMS platform”

OverallSatisfied, they fit the bill and depending on what package you're interested in Saftey Skills is affordable.
ProsThe sales person I dealt with was informative, very knowledgeable and accommodating. Safety Skills had every industry training we needed and more. The system is also to use, very customizable and has its own LMS if you company doesn't have one (we do). Their reporting feature is also very helpful.
ConsThey're file sizes tend to be really big, we purchased one course that cannot be condensed any further and is still too big for our LMS to handle. Customer service is really good but they took a while to get back to me a couple times.
December 12, 2018
Utilities, 1001-5000 employees
August 6, 2018

“SafetySkills pushes the envelope Customer Service wise”

OverallHelped create our basic safety training for employees. Training also received Training Unit approval. Customer Service is great when you need something but not pushy when you don't.
ProsHigh quality. Works with CornerStone. Great Customer Service
ConsPremium price versus other vendors but not too crazy.
August 6, 2018
Jessica M.
HR Generalist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2019

“Safety SKills is a great tool ”

OverallOverall, Safety Skills was one of the easiest, most user friendly software was trained on and use in my job consistantly.
ProsCourses are automatically assigned to users with reminder emails sent. Reporting is extremely easy to pull and evaluate.
ConsOn the main user tab, I want to add one more column for department.
Kathleen W.
Vice President of Human Resources
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2018

“Enabled us to get our LMS platform up and running in a very short space of time.”

OverallEasy tracking of training provided across the company, provided flexibility in how we deliver training.
ProsGave is the ability to customize to our needs, easy to use. Provides access to great quality training material. Allows for easy report-running. The administrative support behind the software, CSR has been phenomenal.
ConsThe initial set-up was a little confusing, but this just required some more maneuvering around the system to better familiarize myself.

By SafetySkills on November 2, 2018
Hi Kathleen, First of all, thank you for the kind words. We are proud of our courseware, LMS platform and the level of support we are committed to offering our customers. Secondly, a new onboarding can be challenging mainly because there are so many different ways the platform can be configured to fit different organization needs. We continue to work to make the process simpler and smoother for our new customers.
July 26, 2018
Ganapathy S.
Operational Excellence, Quality Assurance & Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Safety Skills user review”

OverallI deliver OSHA required & other important safety training modules to site employees.
ProsEnsuring that employees receive their OSHA required & other important safety training in a timely manner has never been easier. Tracking the completion targets is child's play with this software.
ConsAdding certain types of video files using Safety Skills requires additional software purchases.
July 23, 2019
Gavon W.
Training Specialist
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees
July 24, 2019

“User Friendly and Good bang for your buck”

OverallI like it. Even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I'm used to, the pros outweigh the cons to me. Thank you SafetySkills.
ProsIt's very easy to use compared to other LMS systems I've encountered. The customer service is excellent and they are always ready and willing to help. And the cost is very affordable.
ConsThere are not as many features as other LMS systems such as deleting courses. It can be somewhat inconvenient especially if you are in a rush.
Derek L.
Training Specialist
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
April 3, 2019

“High Quality Content and Service”

OverallI was/am on a committee of testers evaluating future options for content and fully support using SafetySkills - if I were the sole decision maker, they'd be in right now!
ProsI was very impressed with the level of content quality for Safety Skills online courses. In addition, their support staff/customer reps are a pleasure to work with.
ConsNo drawbacks as far as I can see - while they offer LMS services, without needing, that it's just as easy to plug and play their engaging content on your existing LMS.
April 3, 2019
Joy R.
Risk Control Coordinator
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
July 26, 2019

“Review by IMA, Risk Control by Joy Read, Risk Control Coordinator”

OverallWe are not that active in SafetySkills but when we have had to call in for an issue, the customer service has always been personable, polite, and, even more importantly, FOLLOWS UP IN A TIMELY MANNER.
ProsThe courses that are available for our Energy industry clients
ConsThe logic of how to do things, not user friendly. The filter is ok, but when you go to the right side, with the drop down for actions, AND in the cog??? Just put it in one place, make it simple, please!
July 26, 2019