DonorSnap Ratings

Overall

About DonorSnap

DonorSnap is an easy to use web based donor/membership management system. The all-inclusive pricing includes extensive features, import/export, online forms/donations, powerful standard/custom reporting, and mass emails. There are no add-on costs or long term contracts. $39 per month even includes unlimited users, up to 1,000 contacts in your database, and 2,000 mass emails/mo. See a free live demonstration of the software. Sign up today! Learn more about DonorSnap

David R.
December 19, 2017

“This is an excellent database platform. Not flashy, but very sufficient for our needs.”

ProsThis database does everything we need it to and more. We're a smaller non-profit with 1500 donors. The database makes searching for information and pulling reports simple while providing all the details we need. The BEST part of DonorSnap is their incredible customer support team. They've never taken more than a few minutes to respond to email questions with clear and concise answers. They answer in a way that not only gives you what you need, but teaches you how to find it next time. This team is really on top of their game. Our organization also just launched the new partnership DonorSnap has with goEmerchant for our online giving and feedback from our donors has been very positive. Nice to have it all in one system.
ConsThis software is not flashy or polished. Then again it doesn't have a premium price tag. Once you learn the software though you'll find it has everything most people need to successfully manage an organizations donors/volunteers/etc. I think there are a few functions that would be great to add, but honestly, when I've asked the support team - 2/3 of the time they are already working on that next new feature! For example - one area that is lacking is regional donor search features. We have donors all across the country and when I go visit a certain area it would be great to search for all donors within 50 miles of a certain zip code for example.

By DonorSnap on December 20, 2017
David, Thank you so much for the feedback. Regarding the proximity report... we actually have this ready to go on our testing site. It will go live in the next batch of updates. You'll see that option in DataMiner Platinum by adding the zip code field to the query builder. Let us know how it meets your needs!
December 19, 2017
Jeanne D.
Director of Advancement
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2017

“This database does everything you need for a low price”

OverallWe were able to centralize all of our school's donation records. We can quickly and easily generate reports of all types - no limits on customizable reports. I can allow donors and alumni to update their own contact info. I can easily mass enter gifts and do mass uploads as well. It is a great system.
ProsI have worked with bigger and much more expensive databases at past jobs, and I always ran into problems that were unsolvable within the system - reports I needed that it couldn't generate, no ability to mass upload things, or something along those lines. Donorsnap has thought of EVERYTHING. And for such a minimal monthly price. I was recently at a fundraising professionals meeting, and someone in the forum asked what databases everyone used. A few people sheepishly said what they used, but both added "although I wouldn't recommend it. It's a pain." I was the only person in the room who proudly said "Well, I am using Donorsnap, which is really affordable and can do everything I need. I would highly recommend it to anyone." And a bunch of people jotted it down. Its hard to be happy with your donor database, but for the first time, I am. Their customer service is also great, and responds quickly to any questions. They have tons of video tutorials for every page, so you can learn how to do things when you need to handle a new process you haven't done before.
ConsLike all software, there is a learning curve. You have to figure out how to do the things you want to do - reports, imports, eforms, etc. One time, I had to import hundreds of gifts made on another platform, and get them to match up to the right donor records already in our database. It was quite the conversation with customer service as I learned how to do this, and it wasn't something I hope to have to do often. But it was possible to do it, without manually entering each gift! Which I can't say would be true for all databases. They have built in a ton of flexibility to this database.
April 28, 2017
Dru S.
Philanthropy, Unspecified
March 17, 2015

“DonorSnap Easy & Efficient”

ProsDonorSnap is a small company that gives big service! I really appreciate that I can ask for help and receive a response in a timely fashion (usually within just a couple of hours or sooner). One of the reasons we went with DonorSnap was because they offered a lot of what larger companies offered, but at far less the cost. While they didn't have all the bells and whistles, they didn't pretend to either. We needed something easy to operate. I love that the screens all work basically the same. You don't have to remember how things work from screen to screen. The reporting system encompasses every data field (theirs or our customized fields) and is a breeze to utilize. They advertised "no hidden costs" and after 3 years, that's still true. I've sat in on numerous free webinars that have all been timely within the fiscal year and presented in a concise manner. I like the 20 minute specific lesson experience led by knowledgeable instructors and also learn from questions asked by other attendees. But back to the bells and whistles. Throughout the short time that we've been with DonorSnap, they've thoughtfully added some popular features like credit card interface, the ability to quickly upload individual demographic info solicited from a form on our website, and mass email capabilities to save on postage. I know that there's a lot more to this product than I utilize, but I like that they give me the opportunity to check out new software features with their webinars. I can't think of any other company (that I initially considered) that didn't charge for every little features and support - whether I needed them or not! I'm very happy with DonorSnap!
ConsI wish there was a better way to show "InKind" donations on a report. Currently, they look the same as a cash donation.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for a company that listens and genuinely wants to meet your needs, then DonorSnap will not disappoint.
March 17, 2015
Paula B.
September 30, 2011

“New to DonorSnap and feeling great!”

OverallPLC gives DonorSnap an A+ - We love it! It is the perfect solution for a smaller land trust. Being online means my data is accessible when I am out on the road or working from home or a volunteer's office. I can update donor records quickly, from anywhere, and the program is so intuitive my staff and volunteers have picked it up very quickly with little anxiety. The support available via the page help and video help is extensive, in fact we haven't had to call DonorSnap yet, although during the conversion it was clear that the staff is friendly, accessible and efficient - so I wouldn't hesitate. After a very disappointing and frustrating experience with our previous software I am both relieved and pleased with all that DonorSnap brings to the table. Bravo!
ProsSmoothest conversion ever! I couldn't believe how seamless it was. And because I can define fields easily on the fly we didn't have to do a great deal of pre-work, as soon as we see a need I can simply create the field needed. DonorSnap is SO easy to use, very intuitive. With minimal training we are recording gifts, pulling mailing lists, tracking interactions and contacts, and syncing with Constant Contact. As a small regional land trust I love that my donor database is online. My board and committee members can enter data into member records themselves rather than sending me emails that I then enter. Their access is limited to what is appropriate for their role, but they can now look up contact information or document conversations - an efficiency that is so valuable when you have limited staff. I have found the reports to be easy to use, and have even created a few new ones - far easier than in ebase.
ConsWe migrated to DonorSnap over the summer from Ebase, and ran into trouble with the name override feature. DonorSnap is creating labels with two names "John Doe and Jane Doe" rather than John and Jane Doe. Perhaps there is an easy fix? I haven't asked yet. Beyond that, we are still learning to use Dataminer, but I find the page help feature a great guide. There were only one or two hiccups with the conversion, not in the migration, but because ebase and DonorSnap have different ways of tracking data (payment type, for example). Dennis suggested an easy work around, and within a year the problem will have dissolved on its own. Don't have any real cons yet...I'll keep looking!
September 30, 2011
Christa H.
July 3, 2018

“Great value! Gives us everything we need and more at a fraction of the cost of our previous system.”

ProsWe are a small non-profit that used to have a big donor software system. It was cumbersome--training new people always took some time. Reporting was confusing--we were never was sure that we were getting what we asked for. Support was adequate. The worst part is that the company seemed more concerned with selling add ons and upgrades than making sure we had what we needed. Moving to DonorSnap was such a relief! It is a lot more intuitive and easier to use. It has all the functionality we need and some to grow into. The support is very responsive but most of the time I can find what I need in the webinars and online videos that are available. I love the on-line responsive forms that keep donors on our website and the reporting that doesn't require me to write code. We are starting to take advantage of the prospecting aspects--tracking our donor contacts and using ticklers to make sure we follow-up in a timely manner. The mobile app is great for our Board members to have accessibility when they go out on donor visits. They can enter notes on their visit right on their phones! The Staff is wonderful--they want you to be successful. They have all come from the non-profit world so they understand your needs. The fact that it has all the functionality it does at such an affordable price is amazing. I have been recommending DonorSnap to the other Ed Foundations in our area.
ConsIronically, the one thing that took me some time to adjust to was its flexibility. I was so used to having to work within the constraints of a system. I went from, "It doesn't work that way" to "Sure, you can do that!" I really appreciate all of the things I can do to customize DonorSnap to fit my needs. . . define user profiles individually, add and customize fields, rearrange my dashboard to view what I want to view. . . it has all been great.
July 3, 2018
Adele g.
Former Program Manager
December 4, 2018

“Excellent Program for tracking donations and volunteers”

OverallI used DonorSnap for about 3 years to manage volunteers and donors at the homeless shelter where I worked. It made our process for tracking and acknowledging these aspects of our work much more organized and efficient.
ProsThis is an excellent program. It's great for a non-profit to track contacts and all donations and volunteer hours and form a list from which many types of reports can be pulled. Excellent for mailings and generating acknowledgement letters that would have otherwise had to be hand-written. Great for campaigns. Wonderful help index on every page with detailed instructions and help-videos. Excellent customer support with frequent training webinars.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to generate an email list right from the program without having to go through a third party like Constant Contact. Also, generating mailing labels is not as easy as it could be.

By DonorSnap on December 6, 2018
Adele, thank you so much for the praise! We're very pleased to hear how DonorSnap has helped increase the organization and efficiency of your nonprofit. I think you will also be pleased to hear that we added a mass email tool to DonorSnap earlier this year. It is included with all subscriptions. Email us at support@donorsnap.com and we'll walk you through it.
December 4, 2018
Reggie C.
Fire Chief
June 14, 2018

“Donorsnap is by far the best Donor Management Software program we have ever used.”

ProsCustomization is virtually unlimited. The Vendor is very easy to work with and offers free training classes geared to your needs. Support is quick usually in a couple of hours. Help is instantly available at any place in the program. The Vendor is constantly adding new features and improvements at no additional cost. Entirely web based, allowing access from anywhere there is an internet connection. Offers unlimited users at no additional cost. Access for each user can be tailored to their needs. Offer a mobile app for iPhone. The price is very competitive with other companies and may be paid monthly or yearly. We have seen a marked improvement in our donations since we began using the program. We highly recommend this program for any non profit who solicits donations and or performs fund raisers
ConsWhile they offer a mobile app for iPhone, they also need a mobile app for Android. Mass updates are a little bit cumbersome by requiring information to be exported to Excel, updated and then imported back into the program. However, the process is simple and straightforward.
June 14, 2018
Cris M.
Assistant to the Director
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
January 19, 2017

“Donorsnap helped with a "flood" of donations”

OverallConnellsville Area Community Ministries has been a customer of Donorsnap since the summer of 2013. We track our monetary and in-kind donations with your system and generate thank you letters and end-of-year contribution statements. We also track our volunteer hours. By the end of August 2016 we had approximately 1300 records in our system. Then, on August 28, 2016, our town was hit with a flash flood that affected 300 homes and the donations started to pour in. We took in more than $22,000 the first day! At this point, we have collected more than $650,000 for the flood recovery effort. With Donorsnap's help, we were able to generate more than 1500 thank you letters in a three month period. We could not have acknowledged that kind of volume by hand. We really needed Donorsnap. Thank you! We appreciate the work that you do! Blessings, Cris McDonough Assistant to the Director Connellsville Area Community Ministries P.S. In addition, your customer support is always timely and I appreciate the improvements you have made over the past three years to make data tracking easier. Your training sessions are efficient and helpful. In comparison to other programs of this type, yours is very affordable. Keep up the good work.
Pros It is very flexible.
ConsIt's all good.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it!
January 19, 2017
Stacey A.
Vice President
Accounting, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2018

“I can't say enough about the DonorSnap program itself and the staff behind it. Simply amazing!!!!”

OverallEasy reporting Easy data entry Duplication Management Website Integration
ProsI manage a number of databases for various nonprofit clients across the United States. DonorSnap is by far one of my favorites. It's extremely easy to use. On the occassion, I need help with a query, report, import, or anything, someone is ALWAYS there to help...very quickly!!! When I have a client that needs a system to track their gifts, I will always refer DonorSnap. So many nonprofits cannot afford an expensive system, however, still want the functionality, DonorSnap does this for them. The cost is beyond affordable and functionality rivals any Blackbaud product in my opinion.
ConsTo be honest, I can't say that anything is really a con to me. The DonorSnap team is continually coming out with additional features to enhance an already great system. All the while, keeping the price extremely affordable.
May 15, 2018
CHRISTA H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
May 2, 2019

“UPDATE - DonorSnap's Updates”

ProsDonorSnap just redesigned their interface--it is very nice! Easier to find things! We have been using it about a year now. Still fitting our needs! Still really liking it!
ConsI don't have any complaints about DonorSnap, but I've had a few issues with their on-line purchasing partner GoEmerchant. Sometimes our transactions didn't go through as anticipated--sometimes a day or two late. We also had a gala event and many of our transactions from the event did not go through--and there was no indication that they didn't. I had one of their Customer Reps say that it may have been that the number and dollar amounts of the transactions may have tripped a fraud trigger. They told me to call ahead next time and notify them. Ugh! Non-profits have major events with large transactions! I ended up having to follow up with may donors--fortunately, they were understanding and supportive. I pray that doesn't happen again!

By DonorSnap on May 7, 2019
We're glad you've found the new interface to be a big improvement! Thank you for the feedback and please let us know if you have any suggestions for improving it further. I'm sorry for the growing pains you've experienced with goEmerchant, but I hope that does not continue. If it does continue, please let us know.
May 2, 2019
Celeste G.
Operations Manager
September 7, 2018

“Great solution for small nonprofits”

ProsDonorSnap is easy to use. My favorite feature is the form builder; the forms integrate nicely with our website and are a great solution for event registration forms that import the data directly into the CRM. I've used both DonorSnap and Saleforce for registration and hands down DonorSnap is far more reliable, simpler, and offers better customization for our needs vs Salesforce. It's also far easier to use both as the administrator and as an end user. I've never had a DonorSnap form fail me. I can't say the same for Salesforce. We use DonorSnap for tracking donors, volunteers, and participants in our programs. DonorSnap keeps their software updated and is very good about offering training and notifications of any server maintenance that may disrupt use (it never does).
ConsThe report features are very robust but not always intuitive to set up and run. Fortunately if you get stuck, DonorSnap's support team is fabulous and will help you to figure it out.
September 7, 2018
Gail P.
Assistant to the Treasurer, Board of Governors
April 13, 2018

“DonorSnap is a great toolbox for our nonprofit.”

ProsDonorSnap is an affordable and easy to use program. Input is simple, and you can extract data to use for a variety of needs ... letters of acknowledgement, mailings, etc. It also interfaces with other programs (eg Constant Contact). And, there are links to "help" or "instructions" on every screen should you need it. There are also free instruction live sessions offered, which I have taken advantage of.
ConsThere is a little bit of a learning curve involved to get up and going with some of the tools (eg reporting). But, as I mentioned in the "pros" area, there are many "help" and instructional tools on every screen.
April 13, 2018
Reggie C.
Fire Chief / Paramedic
Public Safety, 11-50 employees
January 5, 2017

“Great Product”

OverallThis is the 3rd CMS/database program we have used. Donorsnap is by far the best. Their pricing is reasonable. The ability to customize is almost limitless. Help is always just a mouse click away no matter where you are in the program. Support always responds quickly and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. With their past recorded training webinars listed in the help section, it's a simple matter to get immediate training on anything in the program. And they always have new training classes scheduled you can sign up for. As a NonProfit Volunteer Fire Dept, we have some unique requirements that other nonprofits may not have. The ability to add custom fields allows Donorsnap to meet these requirements with ease. It works very well with Microsoft Word for mail merge operations and or email communications. Also works well with Excel for importing and exporting information for mass updates. Since we started using Donorsnap we have seen an approximate 10 % increase in our donations in the first year vs the other program we were using. I highly recommend giving Donorsnap a try.
ProsAbility to customize to our unique needs.
ConsNo Cons
January 5, 2017
Dru S.
Coordinator
May 2, 2013

“Low Cost - High Efficiency”

OverallWe are a small fundraising organization/alumni association that had previously been working with Access and Excel spreadsheets to keep track of people and donations. It was a nightmare just to keep names straight let alone finances! The DonorSnap program has consolidated all of our information into one spot with standardized formatting. We're now able to enter and search our data with ease. The reporting system makes sense and we're finding trends with our donors and their giving patterns that help us to better understand our fundraising methods and how to improve them. When searching for a system to fit our needs, we found that DonorSnap had as many features as much more expensive systems. And they claimed that there were no hidden fees. I was a bit skeptic about this, but it's TRUE! Free webinars, free support, free conversations when you just feel the need to run an idea by someone "in the know". A great product that's helping our organization to serve and grow!
ProsEase of set-up. No hidden costs. Screens work basically the same throughout the program so it's easy to learn. Able to customize screens to fit our needs. Report system easy to understand and manipulate. Importing original data was a smooth transition. Can report on and export anything in database. Help screens have complete information. Webinars are thorough with timely information for the fiscal cycle - having tips that one might not otherwise think of. Support staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and respond quickly to answer your questions.
ConsThe only con I can think of involves "In-Kind" donations. I would like to have them entered differently so that they don't look like regular, dollar donations in reports.
May 2, 2013
Brian H.
Marketing Director
September 27, 2019

“Very solid product and customer support”

OverallGreat customer service --- good product --- easy to use ---- I highly recommend.
ProsVery fast customer support via phone or email. Lots of education opportunities to better learn the software. Very easy to use. I gave this a very solid recommendation.
ConsIt wasn't able to 100% integrate all marketing initiatives --- creating peer to peer fundraising pages, send mass emails, ect. My organization wanted to consolidate everything into 1 system.
September 27, 2019
Carol G.
November 18, 2017

“We are so happy with DonorSnap. It meets all our needs and is easy to use. ”

ProsWe are a midsize nonprofit and find that DonorSnap provides all the functionality we need. We purchased it when we were small and as we have grown and needed more functionality, DonorSnap had what we needed. The customer service is amazing and the online video tutorials have been extremely helpful. I know DonorSnap will be able to take us well into the future. Lastly, it is easy to use and new staff can quickly get up to speed.
ConsNothing comes to mind other than I wish they had more standard reports so that non-techies like me could more easily get relational data easily.
November 18, 2017
Ann L.
Development & Marketing Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2016

“DonorSnap is affordable and full featured!”

OverallOpening Doors operates two homeless shelters for women and children in Dubuque, Iowa. In our search for a new donor software package, we asked around and DonorSnap was highly recommended by two local nonprofits. After the initial demo, it was clear to us that the software was affordable, and it had the reporting functions and ease of use that we were seeking. We love how easy it is to send out donor thank you letters quickly and efficiently which saves us so much time. Every week our staff is learning more and more about all of the features that are available to us. DonorSnap's sales and technical support staff are also top notch. We would highly recommend DonorSnap to nonprofits of any size!
ProsEase of use, rich reporting features, mail merge for thank you letters, search features
ConsNothing!
Recommendations to other buyersFor the busy development or finance professional, DonorSnap save nonprofits time and money!
Lori F.
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
August 1, 2019

“Donations/Golf Outings Customer Service Rep outstanding”

OverallI was hired by a company that uses donor snap. I have been a bookkeeper for over 20 years and this was my first experience with this software. I emailed in for help and rep responded to my emails. Rep's response time was extremely quick and so informative. He even sent me a video to walk me through some steps. This made my job for my client so much easier. Rep's outstanding customer service is the #1 reason I would recommend donor snap.
Prosthe customer service has been outstanding
ConsThe integration with Quickbooks. I think there needs to be a spot for the QB Customer Code when adding a donor. It would be so much easier and less likely for mistakes if we didn't have to do this extra step and it was in the main screen
August 1, 2019
Brian H.
Treasurer/Grant Coordinator
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
July 20, 2017

“Overall good program.”

OverallI really don't know if it is worth the cost, one could easily do the same thing in Excel, but having it in the cloud or online does help. I am not sure if it is worth over money for that capability and the ability to know which are your most recent donors.
ProsDatabase software that allows you to track donations. It is all online, so multiple people can check donor numbers, input new donors or donations as well as look at yearly performance.
ConsToo cumbersome and not very user friendly. It takes a while to navigate, so there is definitely a steep learning curve to make it easier fro you. Another weakness is it is difficult to just send email thank you letters to individuals. This would greatly improve the services they provide.
July 20, 2017
Dick M.
December 23, 2010

“A great platform for non-profit contact management (general contacts, members, donors, pledges,etc)”

OverallDonorSanp is super. We selected it instead of trying to develop our own DBMS. Everyone at DonorSnap has been great to deal with, starting with sales to technical support. I have recommended DonorSnap to other affiliates and non-profits. I recommend it enthusiastically.
Pros1. Web-based platform, so can be accessed from any place with browser 2. User friendly, tailorable inteface 3. Packed with features for contact management: basic contact information, donor tracking, reporting, acknowledgements, etc. 4. User added and defined lists allow easy tailoring to a specific organization. 5. Import/Export with Excel allow easy spreadsheet content import and export. 6. Super support. They did the first import from my spreadsheet and have worked with me to customize DonorSnap to my needs. Excellent video tutorials and responsive live help.
ConsLearning curve as a result of feature richness, although basic use is straightforward. These would be nice to have: 1. Forms for data entry. 2. A way to easily roll back to prior state in case of inadvertent errors in data entry without calling support. (This is available for Import/Export but not for manually entered data.)

By DonorSnap on July 24, 2012
Online Forms are now available at no extra charge for all DonorSnap users. The system allows the user to create and edit an unlimited number of forms without going through DonorSnap staff.
December 23, 2010
Carol S.
Vice Chair, Board of Directors; Chair of Development Committeee; grant writer
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2018

“DonorSnap Best Value Donor Management Software for the Money”

ProsThis cloud-based software provides the tools we need, but takes time to learn and was, by far, the least expensive. The program lets us manage all of our donor information in one spot. We are able to attach documents, such as grant applications and submitted grants. Using DataMiner Platinum, we can develop sophisticated report criteria. We can also show all recent donor information on the Dashboard. It has proven invaluable to our organization. Many training videos and help pages are available to help you every step of the process and the emailed help response is excellent and personalized.
ConsThe appearance needs to be more attractive, updated, but that doesn't affect performance. I have found DataMiner Platinum to be difficult to learn, but pre-built reports are included and helpful.
March 22, 2018
Paula M.
September 27, 2016

“Awesome Database!”

OverallI've been using DonorSnap since June and I just want to say how AWESOME this database is! I used GiftWorks for 4 years and DonorSnap is so much more simplified and easy to use. I was able to train my employee who is computer illiterate and she caught right on. The conversion was easily taken care of by a DonorSnap specialist and they made any adjustments I required.
ProsIt is well organized. Each contact is accessible by multiple tabs at the top so you don't have to leave the screen and go back and forth. Everything is right in front of you.
ConsThe interaction with Constant Contact. It would be easier if they were synced so when a contact is added to the database it automatically gets added to Constant Contact. The way it is setup now, you have to "push" all the contacts to Constant Contact and setup a category. It is not able to just add to their current selection.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall, it is very easy to use and I would definitely recommend it.
September 27, 2016
Kelley H.
Administrative Manager
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2016

“Poor "start-up" process, you're mostly on your own”

OverallIf you haven't used donor management systems before, you are in for a steep learning curve. This vendor rushed us to complete our training (must have needed to get it off their status report), and we've been playing catch up ever since. That "training" was essentially useless. There are weekly group training sessions conducted online, however, they rarely touch on the things that we need, when we need them. It's hard to say a product contains great features or is a good value when you aren't able to use it in the ways that you'd like to and you're largely left to fend for yourself to get real value out of the system. It's a shame we didn't have a better start-up experience, because that might have changed a lot for the better. We've been told, "We can offer you additional training - for an additional cost." Not really an option when a small non-profit is on a tight budget as it is - getting nickled and dimed to death in order to make basic use of a product is a problem. If someone is already used to a similar product, it would probably be much easier to get up to speed. Unfortunately, that is not the case for our organization and the lack of adequate support in the early going has created ongoing issues for us. Meanwhile, we pay our monthly "maintenance" fee every month. I could recommend this product with reservations - just have reasonable expectations for what you're getting. In my experience, they will over-promise and under-deliver.
ProsOnline access
ConsSupport staff only available by email; start-up training is inadequate for inexperienced users
Marlane O.
Board Member, Operations Chair
April 9, 2018

“If you have any experience at all with a database, this is easy to learn and use. Great value!”

OverallCoordinated Thank You/receipt response along with keeping accurate records. Set up merchant banking for online donations. Easier annual report writing due to queries ability. Able to more efficiently coordinate snail mail campaigns due to label making based on quires.
ProsI feel it is targeted to exactly what we are, a small non-profit, that wants to stay organized, legal, and grow using electronic transfer of funds coordinated with a website.
ConsI would more standardization of use between types of things I might want to do, for example a printed thank you versus a emailed thank you.

By DonorSnap on April 12, 2018
Hi Marlane, Thank you for the great review! DonorSnap
April 9, 2018
Claudia K.
December 3, 2010

“What a blessing!”

OverallThis is a blessing! Without a previous database (everything was exclusively on Excel ) we had data in all sorts of Excel files. They helped us consolidate files for a VERY reasonable fee, and have been a constant professional, knowledgeable, clear, and pleasant to deal with source of support for any question. From running reports, to generating letters, categorizing donors, tracking volunteer assignments and pledges and reminder notices, etc.- such a huge help for my one-person office. The price is a dream. At first, I thought there was a catch(!), but it is genuinely what is claims to be, and we are very grateful for it! Definitely recommend it. I can't imagine where I would be without this. Yes, as someone mentioned, there are a variety of updates, but that is good - they are always adding new features and abilities based on user requests, suggestions to make it easier and more efficient. So, while it is a great product, it continues to get better and better.
ProsPrice point Customer support User friendly We maintain ownership of our list Helpful, easy to understand tutorial videos
ConsIf you are not familiar with building queries, it take a little time, but that is more of MY con rather than Donor Snap's.
December 3, 2010
Marivel M.
December 16, 2010

“EXCELLENT ”

OverallI really recommend this program. I think it would work great for small business as well as bigger corporations.
ProsI switched over to Donor Snap from a another program that had basically the same functions, but Donor Snap is much more user friendly. I love the fact that it is completely web based as we run on Mac computers and that eliminates any compatibility issues. I also love the fact that the fee is a basic fee and you can use all the Donor Snap functions for the same price. Also, Donor Snap only charges a monthly fee based on how many donors you have, but you have unlimited amount of users that have simultaneous access to the program. I also like the fact that Donor Snap imports all your data for you and that is very helpful. Their customer service is superior and they really care about making it easier for you to use their program. I really like the program and I am looking forward to working with the program.
ConsI have not found anything that I dislike about the program.
December 16, 2010
Alice H.
Environmental Services, Unspecified
1.5/5
September 26, 2016

“Unfriendly Experience”

ProsRemote access (although not mobile); Low cost compared to other products.
ConsWe purchased DonorSnap, but from the half-hour of the first training, I regretted the purchase. There were many more "No, you can't do that"s in the training than I expected knowing that it is a low-budget database, and reports promised during sales pitches were not available once the contract was signed. In one instance, when I recommended a work-around for pulling reports that show gifts AND pledges, I was rudely instructed that "a decision like that would have to go to the ~board~"... ? The fact that you cannot call a number to talk to a person frustrates me; you have to send an email and they will reply to you within four hours during business hours. They were unable to provide very basic reports (such as, gifts and pledges between x and y dates by persons/households with a specific attribute--because why on earth would you want to know what your board members have contributed within a year); unable to handle soft credits; unable to sync ticklers and interactions. This is far too simplistic to be of any use; I regret the purchase and, within three weeks, was searching again for a new database.
Recommendations to other buyersSeek out reporting features that are real-world required--pulling multiple reports and heavily relying on excel is unproductive and goes against the purpose of a donor database.
September 26, 2016
George D S.
April 6, 2018

“Fantastic! I went from 0 to full speed in no time! Best decision I made last year.”

ProsEase of use, functionality, ease of transferring data from the old records, tremendous support and quick response time. The tutorials are very well done with a library of helpful videos. The versatility of DonorSnap is incredible and more than I think we will ever need.
ConsI can not think of even a minor problem!! So far I have not had single question that either I couldn't figure out quickly or the tutoring videos and live tutoring have not been able to solve. For twice the cost you can not find a better management tool.

By DonorSnap on April 11, 2018
Hi George, Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and support. DonorSnap
April 6, 2018
Jill W.
Director of Operations
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
November 15, 2017

“Being a new user, the software has been fairly easy to understand and use.”

OverallAlready provided
ProsThe software's simplicity. It is reasonably easy to design reports and customize fields in order to gather data for reporting purposes. DS provides training, which is also very valuable. We undertook a growth campaign in October and the support from Customer Service was top notch. My DS contact "Mark" was extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make our campaign a success, for which we are grateful.
ConsWould like easier functionality regarding product fulfillment and tracking inventory. The current methodology is cumbersome and unfortunately can't be done in batch mode.
November 15, 2017
Carol H.
July 18, 2012

“Simple. Flexible. Powerful!”

OverallIf you are a small non-profit, this is the most comprehensive, flexible, and cost-effective tool to use, bar none.
ProsI have worked with a wide variety of donor software over the last 10 years, i.e. Raiser's Edge, Gift Maker Pro, Donor Perfect, and Salesforce.com, but nothing has been as easy to use and as intuitive and DonorSnap. Kudos on a tool that is well-built with flexibility to accomplish all of our fundraising tasks: events, major donor cultivation, grants, volunteers, mailed donations, and online donations. I can't thank you enough for giving us a tool that will help us build capacity while providing significant budget relief.
ConsI wish I had been more proactive to have a pre-consultation prior to conversion to prevent confusion during start-up training. The standard reports aren't as robust as I've seen in other tools, but the customized reporting tools are very easy to use.
July 18, 2012
Bill M.
August 25, 2011

“Review for Donor Snap from Bill MacLeod”

OverallIt is not that I WOULD recommend Donor Snap, but I already recommend the service as often as I can to other non-profits I come in contact with who are looking for as reasonably-priced solution to their DB needs. In fact, I just recommended DS yesterday, and I do have opportunity to connect with many NP's. I give DS high marks!
ProsWe are a fairly far-reaching ministry, with very limited operational resources. We appraciate DS for its cost and ease of use. We like that it is web-based so as we are traveling, we can access the system. We have not utilized most of its ammenities, but know that we have the capacity as we grow.
ConsSelfishly I would like to be able to phone a support person when I face a problem. However, having said that, we have seldom run into many problems we could not figure out on our own, and when we have phoned and/or emailed with a problem, the turn-around time has been very fast, which I think is amazing considering the cost etc.
August 25, 2011
Michelle D.
Assistant Director
December 7, 2010

“DonorSnap is a great value!”

OverallI recommend DonorSnap to any nonprofit professionals looking to upgrade their donor/volunteer management systems. It has just about all the bells and whistles of high-end products at a fraction of the cost, and the customer service more than makes up for any shortcomings!
ProsCost is right; no additional fee for multiple concurrent users; no hardware/software upgrades - the online system works very well for us. The mail merge feature and ability to process multiple acknowledgement letters simulaneously is very straightforward - all staff and volunteers find it easy to use. The staff at DonorSnap are very responsive and willing to work with any question I have. Can't say enough about their customer service - they put all others to shame.
ConsLack of an instructional manual made learning the system a little difficult, but their how-to videos embedded in the database help. Some of the screens are difficult to read with the choice of colors.
December 7, 2010
Terry H.
December 8, 2014

“Why I love DonorSnap”

ProsThis is, by far, the easiest donor management database that I've used in the past 10.5 years. The migration from our previous system into DonorSnap went smoothly and quickly. The ease of data entry, custom fields, and reporting make it, well, a snap. I have been most impressed with the various means of training from web classes, online videos (on each page of DS), and the support. If I run into a problem, I send off a quick email, and the response time is always prompt.
ConsI would like to see DS offer a shopping cart. As it stands now, a customer can only register online for one class or event at a time. They have to enter credit card info for each one separately.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the tour that is on the DS website. If this doesn't provide you with enough info, call DS. They will go over the demo with you.
December 8, 2014
Lori J.
Executive Associate
October 10, 2013

“Excellent program!”

OverallWe've only had DonorSnap for about a month, but so far, this system has met all of my requirements and exceeded my expectations. We are a non profit and this was far and away the very best price for an amazing product. There really was no "catch". They transferred our data with no extra cost and were extremely helpful in doing so. The program is very easy to follow and the on screen helps/videos are fantastic. I haven't even done the start up tutorial and have been able to set up fields, run reports, merge duplicate files and create my own reports. And with limitless options for adding data fields, we are able to capture all sorts of information, unique to us. It is so helpful to be able to pull reports from every bit of information we enter, eliminating the need to track things by hand on multiple Excel sheets. The "to do" reminder on the front page is exactly what our board of directors needed. I'll submit more if I find any cons. But right now, I am completely satisfied and so thankful we found DonorSnap.
October 10, 2013
Molly M.
Student Affairs Administrator
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
July 25, 2019

“Donor Snap Review”

ProsWith DonorSnap, one is able to store, sort by and extract a wide array of information.
ConsThe initial set-up of the software and the process of manually entering all the data is very time consuming. It is not possible to batch-upload donors into the system.

By DonorSnap on July 30, 2019
Hi Molly, Thanks for your feedback. I just want to clarify that it is easy to batch upload donors into DonorSnap in a couple different methods. First there is the Excel Import tool that allows you to import your data directly from a spreadsheet. The other method is the Mass Entry tool which allows you to quickly add batches of similar donations for existing donors in your database. This is great for things like entering a stack of checks the day after an event. Please contact the support team at support@donorsnap.com and we'll be happy to walk you through either of these tools.
July 25, 2019
Luke W.
Fine Art, Unspecified
3.5/5
March 19, 2015

“A great, inexpensive Donor Management System!”

ProsIt's easy to setup and has a lot of great features. The customer service was excellent.
ConsIt lacks some of the more robust features of a higher-end system.
Recommendations to other buyersFor small nonprofits, DonorSnap is a great system. It's inexpensive, and easy to use.
March 19, 2015
Floyd R.
Treasurer
Fine Art, Unspecified
March 12, 2015

“DonorSnap works”

ProsIt does what we need it to do well. The screens are easy and anyone can do the entries.
ConsI have nothing to say bad about them. It worked on first release.
Recommendations to other buyersCompare DonorSnap features to more expensive solutions and then choose DonorSnap.
March 12, 2015
Paul R.
E.D.
March 30, 2011

“Do yourself a favor and use DonorSnap”

OverallCall DonorSnap and participate in a webinar. You'll find out what you need to know soon after. I highly recommend it.
ProsI'm the only employee for a growing start-up. I picked DonorSnap for it's many attractive qualities; chief among them it will not only grow with my business, but early indications are that it is also going to help my business grow. The added value is in the customer support which is phenomenal, especially the training videos. I encourage anyone in the market for fundraising software to give DonorSnap a close look.
ConsNone to speak of... there are some features like "volunteer" mangement that I don't utilize, but I'm glad to know I will have access to these features in case I need them in the future.
March 30, 2011
Laura C.
Friends of Spare Parts Board President
January 12, 2018

“Donor Snap was easy to set up. Customer support was right on it, and with us every step of the way. ”

OverallWe were able to establish a CMS for our organization with ease and reasonably priced.
ProsThe amount of features for the cost is amazing. Features such as being able to set up a donate button for our website and connect with an existing Constant Contact account. I love the ease with which the contact profiles can be edited, and adding donations is a breeze. The reporting features are easy to use and very helpful. They have a plethora of 'how to' videos really, for anything you need to do. I have used several other constituent management systems, and frankly, for the money, this is an excellent software. Plus, when I was looking for a CMS, this was the least 'hard sell' communications I experienced. I appreciated that.
January 12, 2018
Nikki W.
Director of Business and Finance
July 24, 2013

“Amazingly flexible, Affordable, and Attentive”

OverallWe are a small non-profit that started using DonorSnap in April of 2013. Getting started with them has been extremely easy. They uploaded all of our data for us and then did an intensive training session where they customized everything to our individual needs. Learning the software has been very simple. There is a help video for every section of the software. If the help video doesn't answer my question, their customer care department gets back to me within the day and has always answered my questions. There hasn't been any question or need that has not been met in a timely manner. I have been very impressed. I look forward to continue working with DonorSnap and would recommend them to any non-profit looking for a donor management software. I only wish we had started using them earlier.
July 24, 2013
Patrick P.
Director of Philanthropy
May 25, 2010

“Excellent Product for Smaller Nonprofits”

OverallHighly recommeneded for smaller nonprofits seeking a great online donor management software system.
ProsThe system is very accessible, user-friendly, and easy to learn. One of iit's greatest features is the level of flexibility possible through user-defined fields. In addition, DonorSnap staff have always be willing to hear my feedback about the product and strive to do what they can to improve it.
ConsThe system needs to be able to query via donation information more readily, be more diverse in how its reports are produce, have the capacity for merged queries, and have standard development tools such soft-crediting.

By DonorSnap on May 25, 2010
The new version of DataMiner Platinum should resolve the query richness and merged query issues.
May 25, 2010
Lori O.
development director
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2018

“For a small non-profit, this is a nice easy entry into the world of databases”

Proseasy sign-up, fast turnaround on data, set-up has been fairly self explanatory, report pulling is not too complicated
Constrainings are sub-par, wish they had chat support - waiting for an answer when you are in the middle of something is annoying. don't like the fact that when you do a search, it brings up ALL the entries instead of just finding the names.
February 13, 2018
Colleen M.
December 9, 2010

“Best Buy for Your Money ”

OverallA bargain and a great option for not for profits on tight budgets.
ProsWe needed something that was inexpensive, allowed multiple users (without an additional fee), flexible, adaptable and had GREAT customer service. I've used many of the larger more well established data software companies for not for profits and the customer service here is better. If you need all the bells and whistles this might not fit BUT don't over look it at all. Worth major consideration!!! I recommend the product and the people behind it. Excellent.
ConsCan't think of any at this point. They are constantly making it better and open to input. When I have problems they fix them.
December 9, 2010
Patricia B.
November 8, 2009

“Donorsnap is exactly what we needed!”

OverallMy overall recommendation is to definitely check it out and see how it can meet your donor database needs.
ProsDonorsnap has helped CORE/El Centro move to the next level of tracking donors and all the information that we need for each of them. The staff at Donorsnap has been incredibly helpful, both in helping us get it set up and in helping us whenever a question arises. There is also a great tutorial that is quite helpful. It is easy to use and definitely meets the needs of our organization.
ConsI can't think of any negative aspects of Donorsnap. As we have been using it and making recommendations, features have been added that meet those needs.
November 8, 2009
Megan L.
August 29, 2013

“Exactly what we needed at a reasonable price”

OverallWe were using an old donor/mailing list management program that resided on one volunteer's computer, so all data entry and reporting had to be done by that one person. We needed a solution where we could divide tasks and also allow our board to access the data as needed. We looked at a lot of options and chose DonorSnap in 2012 due to the features and price. They imported our existing data so we didn't end up with some data in the old system and some in the new system. It was a seamless transition. We now have several volunteers entering data and running reports. The reporting is easily customizable and gives us exactly the data that we need. The new Mass Entry feature that they released in early 2013 is fantastic!
August 29, 2013
John B.
November 12, 2010

“Stellar customer support”

OverallI've worked with a variety of donor management software packages over the years. Donor Snap by far affords the most bang for your buck.
ProsDonorSnap is marvelous in its user-friendliness, and there are numerous ways to tailor this program to whatever particulars your agency needs. The combination of high functionality, flexibility, affordable pricing and incredibly attentive customer service makes it the key choice for any nonprofit, whether starting a development department from the ground up or revamping an already-flourishing database.
ConsI have encountered no drawbacks to using DonorSnap.
November 12, 2010
Alexis B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2018

“Impressive software for a good price”

ProsIt is incredibly inexpensive and gives most of the functionally most small nonprofits need to get gifts processed and access data.
ConsIt would be nice if they provided more information / functionality on common best practices for instance, memorial gifts.
June 28, 2018
Karen B.
Fiscal Speclist
March 20, 2018

“It has been very easy to start up with the program, great to see the customization. ”

ProsYou can customize a lot of items to your needs. You can get very creative with the software to suit your event and organization.
ConsThe only con is I wish there was a setup booklet for the forms formatting. But other then that with a little time it can be figured out.
March 20, 2018
Courtney M.
March 3, 2017

“Above and beyond expectations! ”

OverallFor our 50th Anniversary a designer produced a commemorative letterhead for us. This letterhead was causing huge problems for our donation acknowledgment letters, to the point we could not even upload them into DonorSnap. I contacted help, to see if they had ay suggestions. Customer support worked with me both on the phone and after, taking the elements of our letterhead and turning it into a working document. He even added our text back into the document - even merge fields! He went above and beyond my expectations and we are all so grateful for him taking the time to solve our problem.
March 3, 2017
Terry H.
Executive Assistant
March 4, 2014

“Why I love DonorSnap”

OverallI have used three previous CMS/databases and by far DonorSnap is the easiest and most intuitive one of all ' fourth time's a charm. From the transition and deployment to training and actual use, the team at DonorSnap has been responsive and pleasant to work with. Every question I have is answered very quickly ' much earlier than the range that they guarantee. I can usually run a report without assistance ' it's that easy, however, if I do hit a snag, the support folks are quick to show me how to arrive at the result. There are online videos and training to support each aspect of the product. I am so happy with this software and you will be too!
March 4, 2014