Donarius Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

About Donarius

"Save time and get more done, with fewer headaches." Easily keep track of members, contributions, pledges and more... Starts at $47.98 (one-time cost, no monthly fees; no attendance tracking, accounting or payroll) Print or email yearly tax receipts and quarterly statements. Prints church photo directories. Also prints your own offering envelopes. Share data like web-based software without the monthly fee, using DropBox or Google Drive. Exports data to QuickBooks. PC or Mac. Learn more about Donarius

Jane W.
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2016

“I LOVE OUR DONARIUS PROGRAM”

OverallAs a small non-profit food pantry (we serve 37,000 clients a year and record about $200,000 to $250,00 in donations a year)and I couldn't be more pleased as a Donarius user. It fits our needs perfectly and actually has some features that we haven't even gotten around to using. Of the many programs I've used through the years - of any kind - I've never experienced better or more personal customer support. A program is only as good as the support you receive when the day comes that something goes wrong. I've had issues that were computer related, not at all a fault of the Donarius program, yet still received literally hours of support to try to work through the problems to get me back in operation. I would (and have) recommend this program to anyone that wants a simple, effective and easy to learn donations program. It has a great help section that literally takes you through every step of every function available - in language anyone can follow and understand. It is easy to get started using yet can be customized as you go to meet pretty much any situation you might encounter. Other programs have been developed since our Pantry first started using Donarius, but if I were to start over today, I would ,without a doubt, choose Donarius again. Great product at a great price - proving the old adage "you get what you pay for" totally wrong. Don't be fooled by the modest price - this is a great program backed up by great customer support. (Get it now before they wise up and jack up the price LOL.)
ProsSimple and intuitive yet comprehensive in meeting our needs. Also great customer service response.
ConsIt may be me not exploring the possibilities thoroughly, but it seems like some of the template letters I've tried to write were restricted in their length so I wasn't always able to use them to personalize large mailings. (Instead, I just did a generic newsletter and generated labels.)
Recommendations to other buyersNo
David T.
December 31, 2011

“Does a great job for the price”

OverallNothing I looked at when I purchased this in early 2010 came close to Donarious for meeting my needs... and the price is great! I highly recommend getting the optional module for customizing receipts. It is helpful if you have a little backround in software code or HTML writing (or have access to such a person) to create the receipt templates, but it is fairly flexible and I was able to come up with something I like. Once that is done, you don't have to revisit that issue again unless you change your mind about how you want it to look. During that first year, I believe they'll give you one free customized receipt done for you. I tried the "relationships and families" option and didn't ultimately find it useful for our purposes. Your mileage may vary. Thus far, I haven't had any need for the other modules. I haven't used the email features yet, but I anticipate doing so in the future. Trying any or all of the optional modules is free and buying them is pretty cheap.
ProsFor years I kept track of contributions the same way as with the rest of our church finances... with Quicken. As our church grew that became less and less satisfactory and I looked for a separate program to track contributions. Mostly what I found were online services, which I wasn't interested in due to ongoing cost and requiring our money counters to have immediate and reliable access to a computer AND internet... which wasn't convenient in our situation. And the few standalone programs I found had not been updated for sometime. Then I found Donarious. The price is quite reasonable, email queries are answered promptly, and it is fairly easy to use. It is amazing that at this price they offer not only a 1 year warranty, but offer to customize the program for your needs during that period! It has saved me a lot of time, especially when generating receipts, which with my old system was labor intensive. Give it a try!
ConsIt has just a "name" field instead of separate fields for last name and first name. If all your donors have names like John Smith, then that is fine, but in our multi-cultural society, that causes complications. And it won't tolerate quotes in the names, so you can't get around it that way. The best solution I found, which is satisfactory, is to enter the names in LAST, FIRST format. At least in the version I have, the pre-made receipts and some reports have a spot for a "check #", which is fine if you use that, but I don't take the time to enter it. Unfortunately, those pre-made receipts and reports then show "check #?" in each entry, which is kind of crude. No one sees the reports but me and I use custom receipts so it hasn't been an issue for me.
December 31, 2011
Lourdes R.
Administrative / Housing Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
November 30, 2016

“Works well for simple use”

OverallDonarius works well once you get the hang of it. Could be improved in some ways; in our case, it serves its purpose in issuing official tax receipts and tallying the donations. Revising the report format can be a bit tricky - trial and error to get the look you want. Printing the reports in a particular way (landscape/portrait/ etc. )can be improved as the layout seems a bit 'cluttered'. I guess the features are there, it's just that we don't have the opportunity to explore and experiment - we're fine with just printing the receipts and a general report showing the amounts and dates. Louie (the owner/programmer) is okay for customer support - he responds pretty quickly and is helpful; one time though when I phoned he was in a relative's house so couldn't assist at that time. It is still a pet peeve of mine that whenever I key in a donation, it defaults to the first name in the database, so if I miss that portion, the donation will be credited to the wrong person. I prefer that the first entry is just 'blank'' so user is 'forced' to key in the correct donor code. Other improvements can be a report that shows more color, graphs, multiple 'types' of donations tallied in one page, etc. (which I do in Excel for presentation to Board and management). Overall, for the amount we paid one time, and compared with other software I researched with a monthly fee, for our purposes, Donarius is great!
ProsPretty straightforward if you know how to use it
ConsFirst entry for donation defaults to the first person in the database - can lead to errors if you don't catch it. Bit tricky to change the format of receipt.
Recommendations to other buyersMore aesthetic improvements for reports?
Ellen K.
Counter
May 18, 2019

“Donarius Reporting”

OverallOver all it is a good program for tracking donations. I would like to see a checkbook account that could use input from Donarius.
ProsWe have been using Donarius software for over 10 years and we have been very pleased with the products ability for recording our member's donations. The program seems to be very accurate and very easy to use for some of our beginners. It is very user friendly and takes very little time to train new users how to input all information. The customer support has been great, and are very prompt to help you out of a jamb. They will stay with you until the problem is resolved and you feel comfortable in how they have helped you. We have recommended the program to several other churches and will continue to do that in the future.
ConsThere are a few things that we feel might make using the program a little better for the user to not miss simple things. One area is the type of currency that is being input. The current process is to identify if a check or cash and coin. We have found that if you miss putting in a type that the program defaults to coin. We would think that if you fail to put a type of donation there should be an alert on the screen to remind you to put something in this spot before continuing. Also on the tax reporting for members it seems a little cumbersome at times to get just one individual report and also if you need to retrieve a prior years report or to adjust amissed contribution it really won't let you.

By Nuverb Systems on May 21, 2019
Explained to customer how to resolve the issues in the 'Cons' section.
May 18, 2019
Ian C.
Envelope Secretary

“Donarius for Me”

OverallGetting started with Donarius was a bit challenging at first, mainly because I was not, at the time, computer literate. The program was very easy to learn with my limited skills and the support, when needed, was excellent and easy to follow. After having used a manual program for tracking donations, Donarius was a dream. Entering information for each donor and the categories available made for great ease. Providing weekly reports to the treasurer in printed form and in the many choices of format available was done with ease. I am particularly happy with being able to send a Tax Receipt by e-mail. It is a perfect method and a great money saving feature of the program. The workload for myself will increase shortly with the addition of two more Churches in the Parish to look after. Not only that, but our Church is partnered with a coalition called Nelson Friends of Refugees and we will issue tax receipts for donations made to the coalition, which, incidentally, is not registered as a charity and therefore unable to issue the Tax Receipts. I anticipate the increased workload to be handled with ease, thanks to the wonderful Donarius software. Any possible problems which might occur I am most confident in Louie helping me solve them. In conclusion, the program is well designed and entering information wherever required was very simple. The Help portion for all operations which might be required I found invaluable. I figured if a person could read he could do the program.
ProsIt is clear to read on the screen. Entering and tracking Pledges is simple and the quarterly reports etc. reflect amounts donated and are easy to follow for the donor.
ConsThe comment on the quarterly report that says "To fulfill your pledge, please give......"
Recommendations to other buyersre. the above quarterly statement, something a little less demanding maybe?
Nathan D.
Deacon
May 10, 2019

“Simple Donation Tracking Software”

OverallWhen I first began using Donarius, I was a bit disappointed with what it could do. I knew that there had to be some options to speed up our check depositing process. However, those options were much more expensive! By finding tips to make our workflow more efficient, we end up having very little downtime when making our check deposits.
ProsThe software is fairly minimal, which makes it easy to find the things you need. I am able to add checks quickly because there are such few clicks. Very rarely do I need to use my mouse to click on anything unless I make a mistake. The pricing for the software is also unbeatable. I have looked at a variety of other software that have additional features, but the pricing structures are usually a subscription fee. Paying a low one-time fee makes this a valuable program for many non-profits!
ConsLimited features do mean that you can't do all that you want. Ideally, I would love to be able to scan a large batch of checks and have them matched to the donor with the amount entered in as well. This would greatly speed up the process to a matter of minutes and would be an additional feature I would pay for. I have developed a workflow of using keyboard shortcuts to get to the appropriate donation box. I wish that I could designate which type of donation I am entering so I don't have to worry about putting it in the correct category. When we enter donations, they are all grouped together, but in Donarius, I still have to go to the field and enter the amount in.

By Nuverb Systems on May 14, 2019
Explained to customer how to do some of what he requested in the 'Cons' section.
Douglas W.
Executive Director
December 1, 2016

“Excellent product - especially for the price!”

OverallI have used Donarius for 7 years. It is simple but does all a small charity like ours needs. Reports, letters, receipts, etc. require formatting codes, like the old days with word processors. But examples are provided and with a little effort, I have been able to get what I need. The basics of donor and donation entry are straightforward. It makes receipting very easy - it does a great job of keeping all that straight. Able to use Canadian postal codes and Canadian receipting requirements. Customer service is unbeatable - usually, there is a personal response to an email within the hour. The price means that every charity no matter how small can have a dedicated donor database with receipting capabilities. No more spreadsheets. Like any relational database, it has its complexities if you want to use its full abilities. But it is easy to get started and really, for the price, you have nothing to lose by trying it. Highly recommended.
Proseasy to get started excellent at receipting excellent customer service very affordable
Consformatting codes - I have been able to get what I need but probably would customize more if I didn't have to wrestle with these. However, I do understand that for the price, we probably shouldn't expect WYSIWYG inactive donors - standard definition doesn't work for us
Recommendations to other buyersjust try it
Clayton O.
November 30, 2016

“Best bang for the buck!”

OverallOur non-profit Church group has been using Donarius, now, for a number of years. After having looked at and tried a few other commercial programs; Intuit products, for instance, I found Donarius via a Google search, and tried the Trial Version. After using that, and becoming familiar with its various modules and capabilities, we settled on those modules that best suited our group and purpose, and have never regretted it. The ability to create Tax Receipt Documents (with the included utility) that are specific to our money handling procedures, has been very helpful. Of exceptional value to us, has also been their stellar Customer Service Staff! Every question I've had about the program and it's operation, or upgrading, or integrating with a new OS, or even recovering files after a system crash, has been answered promptly and fully, always enabling me to move ahead regardless of the specific circumstance being asked about. I would very highly recommend Donarius, to any group looking for a record keeping/tracking program with ample reporting capabilities, and one that is very reasonably priced to boot. Their updating and upgrading procedures and pricing are also very commendable given the over-all quality of the program.
ProsCompact with a low learning curve, but still extremely effective.
ConsCan't really think of a "negative".
Recommendations to other buyersTry it, you'll like it!
Steven E.
November 30, 2016

“Great package for my small church.”

OverallI am the Financial Secretary for our church. I have used Donarius since 2008 to track donor contributions and print tax statements. We have around 50 "Giving Units" per year that we track. For a small church like ours Donarius is perfect. It is extremely easy to use but does possess those "bells and whistles" features. Data entry for a given Sunday takes less than five minutes with the source items (checks, etc.) in alphabetic order. The "Reports" function creates the daily or monthly summary reports for documentation/balancing/end of month spreadsheets. I use the Backup function every week after the data entry and have actually had to use it to recover after a hard drive failure. It was very easy. I have occasionally had to ask a usage question and always get a timely response from their support staff. Our previous software company folded and I looked at a number of different products for a replacement. As a computer programmer myself I really liked the combination of functionality, ease of use and price that Donarius delivers. I highly recommend this product.
ProsEase of use, functionality and price.
ConsThe attributes box for the donor information is a little crowded.
Recommendations to other buyersI am a huge fan of this software because it is so easy to use. Data entry is a breeze and the Reports module has all of the functionality I ever need.
Rebecca K.
November 30, 2016

“Small church, great program”

OverallOur church was using another program and even its "small church" version required extensive customer support, which was expensive ($250 for six months). A friend told me about Donarius and I am so glad we switched because the program is very easy to use and if I get stuck on something I've never done, I just call support and Louie is very available. Even if I should need a callback, it usually comes very quickly. Louie is very patient with my questions, and not having an accounting background, I have many questions. I like the backup feature. I have the reassurance of knowing that my data is backed up on my standalone hard drive. And if my weekly giving figures in Donarius don't match my bank deposit, it's really easy to run a total showing givers and amounts so I can spot the discrepancy right away. And the cost for the program is a fraction of what we were paying for the old program.
ProsEase of use. Very user friendly. Most operations are simple logic with no unnecessary steps. Good customer support. We are a small church and I don't have an accounting background, so I need something simple. Once I learned the program, I have very few questions about its operation for our use.
ConsThere's nothing I don't like.
Recommendations to other buyersI wouldn't know how to suggest any improvements.
Denise U.
Administrative Assistant
May 10, 2019

“Great Program! Check it out!”

OverallIn just a couple of weeks after installing, I was feeling very comfortable with this software. It allowed me to import member lists to get started, and the customer service has been excellent. No extensive training needed!
ProsI serve four rural churches out of one office. Donarius software allows me to set up a different file for each one that organizes members' basic information, individual record of contributions, and specific characteristics. The program gives me the option to set up electronic funds transfers, customize donation categories easily, process mailing labels, run weekly contribution reports that align with deposits, set up and run annual tax receipts, and more. Plus, you have the option to choose the modules that fit your particular needs. It does everything I need it to do to manage parish contributions, but in a simple format and at a very affordable price.
ConsConfiguring specialized reports can be a little tricky, but Louie has been extremely helpful in helping me meet the needs of our parishes.
Ernie U.
retired
November 30, 2016

“Great software for our church”

OverallThe software is easy to use and the user interface is quite intuitive most of the time. There are a few items that seem hard to find, like specific reports. From the support experience in the past, I am sure there are ways to get the info, but I am not inclined to ask for help. We have been very happy with this program and would highly recommend it. When I did ask for support, the answer came quickly, and was very personal. Good job.
ProsIt is very simple to use. It takes very little disk space, is easy to back up, and the data is encrypted. It recognizes which week it is, and makes weekly entry easy.
ConsSometimes, it is a little difficult to change an individual entry from the past. It is not intuitive how to go directly to one giver, and I have to go through the whole list to get the right person. With the code for the person, it is easier, but I sometimes have trouble with that.
Recommendations to other buyersWe are very happy, but some reporting could be a little easier - like bringing up a year's worth of giving for an individual doner. Over all, I really like the software.

By Nuverb Systems on November 30, 2016
Customer has been contacted with details about how to do a report for one donor.
David M.
pastor
November 30, 2016

“Very good Customer Support”

OverallThis software does a lot of things and will eliminate many tasks that churches do twice (sometimes without even being aware). There's a little bit of a learning curve, but you will be impressed by everthing the software does for you. Be sure to use this to count your offering, and then it will do so much more. The customer support is great. I would recommend this software. The only downsides : no way to keep track of attendance. Also, this software would work better if it were web-based especially when used by multiple users in different locations. To deal with this problem, the software can be used through Dropbox (or other such applications), but we have found this type of solution will sometimes (but rarely) result in synchronisation issues (creating files in conflit).
ProsIt does a lot. Will increase your productivity. Great customer support. Very cheap.
ConsNo way to keep track of attendance. Not web-based (using it through dropbox will sometimes but rarely result in sychronisation issues when used by multiple users).
Recommendations to other buyersUse it to count your offering as well. You will save some time and you will save the pain of comparing dual reporting which can sometimes be conflicting.
WAYNE K.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“Using Donarius Church Management Donations Program”

OverallWe ran into some issues back in February regarding re-printing of 2018 Donor Tax Receipts. We contacted Louie who responded in a timely manner & able to help us re-print the required documentation.
ProsThe software is relatively easy & straightforward to use. I am able to complete weekly donations input in approximately 30 minute time frame. with the lastest revision, for multiple donations from one donor, able to press F8 and the next donation for the same donor will appear.
ConsI really do not have any complaints / concerns about the software program. Two improvements that would be nice to have: 1. When you move to the next donor, whatever donation field was previously used, the donation goes automatically into that category which is not always the case. You need to be very careful that the donation amount & category for each donor is correct. 2. Be able to select additional fields / donation categories and in the order that would make more sense. not easily changeable.
Jennifer J.
Envelope Steward
May 14, 2019

“Functional and Easy to Use”

OverallI mainly use Donarius to input weekly tithes and gifts from church members, generate monthly reports for the church board, and annual tax receipts. As a church, we have recently switched to using QuickBooks, and I wish that Donarius would integrate/have a plugin for QuickBooks!
ProsI find Donarius very easy to use, with simple and straight-forward features that are user friendly. It is easy to input financial data and weekly donations from church members, generate monthly financial updates reports, and also a simple process to create and print annual income tax receipts for each donor.
ConsWhile Donarius is a very functional and user friendly software, it would be nice if it had a refreshed/more contemporary interface. The software does appear a little dated. I would also appreciate if there were some 'how to' tutorial videos embedded to explain some of the features of the software that I don't use often. I would also like Donarius to include separate filing options for 'gifts in kind'.
Tina R.
Accounts Administrator

“Donarius in Canada”

OverallWe actually tried other methods of tracking our donations but we found Donarius to be the one that meets our needs, as a multi-sited church, and meets the needs of our federal reporting responsibility (Canadian). The help is AMAZING and I have been pleased with the immediate results we get from Donarius support. We came back to Donarius because it is easy to use. One thing I wish I could do is mark inactive donors as inactive. It would help out in the case where people have moved or deceased. I would recommend Donarius to any organization needing to keep track of donations.
ProsI love that it is easy to use, it meets the needs of all my 3 sites in one file and that I can confidently print giving receipts which meet the requirements set out by the government.
ConsI would like to be able to mark a donor as inactive, that would help. I would also like to be able to mark a specific donor as giving to a specific site, and then be able to over ride the site if necessary to another location.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a quality time tested product.

By Nuverb Systems on November 30, 2016
Customer has been notified of how to do what is listed in the "Cons" section.
Blair P.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
October 3, 2019

“Works well for what it is”

OverallOverall, it's a good software for a smaller church and at a great price tag. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't mind an older user interface and who is willing to do a bit of digging when looking for certain information regarding donations.
ProsThe software is simple and effectively tracks donations. You can get various information regarding donations, tracking and giving intervals. It produces good year end receipts. It's easy to back up to ensure that you don't lose your data. It's a great price for a smaller church.
ConsIt's a bit clunky and the user interface is outdated. It's not always easy or straightforward to get the information you're looking for. It certainly does the job and is great for a small church, but larger churches would find it difficult, in my opinion.
October 3, 2019
Rose J.
Financial Administrative Secretary
May 15, 2019

“Donarius - Very User Friendly!”

OverallI have used Donarius at this church over 10 years, and previously, at another church, another 5+ years. I have not had to have service often, but when I have, the owner is the one with whom I have spoken to. Imagine that!! I actually get a real live person to talk to, AND he created the program, AND knows HOW to use it, so he has been WONDERFUL to deal with! I'd purchase this product alone just for the great service provided! You can't ask more than that!!! Thanks so much for a great product, but better yet, YOUR SERVICE!!!
ProsDonarius is easy to use. Recording donations is easy, fast, and accurate. I was able to custom design the account titles to what categories I use in my financial software. I can generate reports for all my needs. The year end statement is professional and customizable. Great product!!
ConsI would like to see an option for 2 or 3 addresses for the same client. We have many seasonal summer folks, as well as snowbirds, so having ability to put in multiple addresses would be a huge benefit.
Scott N.
Envelope Secretary
December 11, 2016

“Donarius works well”

OverallI have little to no education in doing books but when I took this position everything was handwritten but now with the computer age I needed to find a simple program that was easy enough for me to use. The interface is very easy and there are never any problems entering the information into the program to create your congregation and their offering envelope information. Every week when I go to enter the information the program tabulates everything for me so it is extremely easy for me to create instant reports and to double check the figures that the official counters have done. It is usually very easy for me to find any discrepancies. It is also easy to change any kind of information that is in the system. I can create weekly reports that help me balance, quarterly reports so I can let the treasurer know where we stand and then print receipts quarterly for the congregation as well as their year end receipts...and they are all customizable!
ProsThe ease of the interface
ConsThat I can not back tab between the congregants names...I can forward tab but not backwards.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is great for someone with no previous software background
December 11, 2016
Don S.
Head money counter
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
November 30, 2016

“The best church software for the price”

OverallWe were looking for a new software to replace an old, outdated, no longer supported program. After looking at several, we found most of them overpriced, and all seemed too cumbersome and difficult for our senior citizen, not too computer savvy, money counters. Then we found Donarius. We at first felt that at such a low price, there was no way it would fit our needs. Much to our surprise, it was by far the easiest to use of any that we tried, and its simplicity suited us perfectly. We don't need comprehensive functions, just keeping track of the donations and tax statements, and it is perfect for our needs. When we experienced a problem about a function we needed that was not there, the company actually made a revision, just for us. Another question resulted in a simple procedural change on our part to solve it after the company pointed out a function that we didn't know existed. I truly believe that this is the best software for the price to be found anywhere. We are finishing up our second year of using it, and we are 100% satisfied.
ProsEase of learning and use.
ConsJust that it requires F8 "multiple donation" separate entries for multiple checks or a combination of cash and checks. Our old software had boxes for filling several checks and cash all on the same screen, and that was much easier.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Randallyn D.
Office Administrator
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
May 17, 2019

“Best Book Keeping Software”

OverallWhen I was introduced to the software I thought it would have been difficult to use. As I clicked on things and started to input our congregations information, the ease of use came natural. I am the book keeper for 3 different churches and I needed to purchase 3 different software. One per church. It was easy to keep track of our growing churches and adding each person's information was simple. Print outs of specific giving areas are easy to pin point and print reports to. Tax forms were printed with a couple clicks. We are very happy with the purchase of this software.
ProsThe ease of use. Keeps all of our church booking keeping in one area. The input of all my financial records is easy. When I need reports, it is simple to print and organize. End of year/tax reports are just as simple to print out for all sizes of congregations.
ConsSometimes when I highlight a members name, it jumps to another name because I moved the mouse too quick. Other than that no complaints.
Terry M.

“Donarius review”

OverallThe program has been beneficial and allows us to print accurate receipts for donors. Overall, it is easy to enter the donations and use the software. Good value for the cost.
ProsThe software is offered at a reasonable price and is split into different modules which allows you to purchase only what is required. It is easy to input the data and pull up reports.
ConsThe platform can be restrictive in that it isn't always simple to modify how reports appear and on some donor list reports several of the fields print out over each other. I have not been able to find a way to make donors inactive so that they don't appear when scrolling through the names when inputting weekly donations. It would be helpful to have a non tax receipt available to provide to other charities that provide funds.

By Nuverb Systems on May 13, 2019
Explained to the customer there is an update to fix the overlapping. Also explained how to do the items mentioned in the 'Cons' section.
Deanna M.
Office Administrator

“Great donor program!”

OverallOverall I really like Donarius. It makes my job efficient and easy, and has great functionality for a great price.
ProsDonarius is very easy to use and does everything we need it to do plus more. We are able to add and customize all the categories we need. We can designate which service donations are received, or if they are received online. Reports are fully customizable. Assigning envelopes is easy, as is printing end of year tax receipts. Entering donations is quick. Just an overall great value and great program.
ConsI really have no complaints. There hasn't been anything I've needed to do that I haven't been able to do. The only improvement I can think of would be the ability to export to QuickBooks, but it only takes me a few seconds to do manually so it's really not an issue for us.

By Nuverb Systems on May 13, 2019
Explained to customer that there is a newer version which exports to QuickBooks.
Megan D.

“Easy to Use Software”

OverallI have been working for the church for 6 years and have used this from day one. I have used other software and this is by far the easiest to catch on to. I love the fact that I can use it and explain it to others to use in my absence. It is an easy to use software with no frills. For the church I work for it meets our needs and is compatible to our other programs, and fits in our budget.
ProsBudget friendly, and easy to use. We have just started to use the email feature and I love it!
ConsThe texting aspect. None of our local carriers were listed so it was hard to get the initial set-up going.
Ron W.

“CHURCH FINANCIAL REPORTING”

OverallThe tellers use Donarius to enter all monies on the collection plants including Not Receipted items like rental income and loose offerings, Using a DropBox the envelope secretary and me (Treasurer) see the details and can easily correct any errors. This saves time and provides some protection for the envelope secretary as I keep a copy of what the tellers entered in case of a dispute with the donor. We have instant communication on Sunday. The tellers use a simple excel spread sheet for the bank deposit and that saves time. Prior to using Donarius the tellers used a hand written form and had trouble balancing as office skills like adding long columns of numbers even with a calculator are skills that are seldom used. The tellers now can handle about 60 envelopes in less than one hour about half the time they used to take. I run a year to date summary to balance by category with the financial statements I issue and report to CRA.
ProsEasy to use and excellent support
ConsNo problems to report
Recommendations to other buyersOther software we looked at could not handle not receipted money
Lynda P.
February 7, 2017

“I Like Donarius”

OverallDonarius does the job of recording our donations, with the option of making more than one account to donate to; it is easy to use, and the help files are easy to understand; it doesn't have a lot of fancy extra features that just get in the way and confuse me; it was easy for me to figure out printing tax receipts, without needing help. Tech support / customer support is phenomenal!! This is the best tech support I have ever received for any software. I am not using the program to its fullest potential yet, but looking forward to expanding my knowledge of it, and putting it to greater use.
ProsI like the customer support. And I like that it is a basic program that does its job without having a bunch of extra features that get in the way.
ConsI don't like having to back up files one at a time .... I would like to put my backup drive into my backup computer and have it backup all the files at once.

By Nuverb Systems on February 7, 2017
Customer has been told how to do a backup in one step.
February 7, 2017
Karin G.
Parish Secty.

“Very Satisified!”

OverallDonarius has suited our envelope posting needs from the moment we used it. It's not complicated and provides data management we need. The best part about Donarius is the quality support we receive when we have a question or request customization.
Pros~it's not complicated; easy to use from the moment of installation ~customer support is exemplary and quick ~price ~ability to add modules as needed
Consunable to integrate/upload our Electronic Giving Program remittances
Connie W.
Financial Mgr
November 30, 2016

“Great software for this unique purpose”

OverallCustomer service is outstanding. It is not easy to learn as it does not resemble the usual software we use, so it took a little time to adapt to it. Once we learned our way around, the various function keys, the tabs - it is great.
ProsIt does exactly what it says it will do, for a very reasonable price.
ConsI wish we could figure out how to change the programming for thank you letters so it would show what program (ministry) the donation was applied to.
Recommendations to other buyersThe capterra thing is really ANNOYING. Ads pop up and block the survey. Also I am clicking on the scale of 1 to 10 and it won't respond. IT wouldn't let me submit saying "there's already a review on this email" - so I must have shot it in already. So I am using my wife's email as she actually uses donarius more than me. We have recommended this to several other non profits who come to us for help.

By Nuverb Systems on November 30, 2016
The customer was shown how to update thank you letters to add the program donated to.
John B.
Secretary - Treasurer
Farming, Self-employed
December 14, 2016

“Why Donarius works for me!”

OverallThe people - always courteous and helpful (I can almost see their smile). My comments are for the offering and receipting modules only! (in no particular order) 1) It complies very well with Revenue Canada's current requirements. 2) The advice popups are helpful to do it right the first time. 3) Unreceiptable giving can be recorded as well, so the total given matches the cheque total. 4) The deposit information format makes it easy to copy onto the bank deposit slip. 5) The arithmetic is always done correctly. 6) The directory option is great too. 7) A variety of analysis of giving is helpful in planning. 8) Any problems I have with Donarius is not the software's fault - it's ME!. 9) A simple procedure for replacing lost receipts. 10) Receipt summary handy for reference and for filling out T3010. Works well for me (us)
ProsAn accurate way to record finances! Only pay for modules used.
December 14, 2016
Richard T.
Admin Office Manager

“Affordable & East”

ProsIt is easy for volunteers to use. Great for tracking donations
ConsWould like to be able to customize the statements more with different fonts and with our logo.

By Nuverb Systems on May 20, 2019
Explained how to add a logo and customize fonts.
May 10, 2019

“Good Value for the Price”

OverallDonarius helped us get a handle on the donations that come in to our non-profit organization. We were previously using a spreadsheet, but as the organization grew, we needed something that would help us stay on top of tracking donations. Donarious fit the bill perfectly, and for a price that was very reasonable. Thank you, Donarius!
ProsThe price is great for what you get. Very good value. Setting it up was painless and easy. Any questions we've had were answered very quickly, with accurate answers, and they have been very friendly and easy to deal with. We have had no problems with the software.
ConsThe user interface is a bit outdated, or maybe not the most pleasing to the eye. The workflow takes a bit of getting used to.
Wendy V.
Administrative Assistant
May 7, 2019

“Donarius Review”

OverallMy overall experience with Donarius has been great.
ProsI like the ease of doing all the aspects of the program. If I have encountered a problem, the company responds immediately to solve the issue. This is invaluable when you are needing to move ahead with what you are doing.
ConsThe thing I like least about this software is the inability to be able to enter separate donations for the same day. An example would be: on the same date, we enter donations that we received in the morning. We are not able to enter donations separately for the evening. We have to edit the previous morning's donations. This is not what we want to do.

By Nuverb Systems on May 8, 2019
How to do what they mentioned in the 'Cons' section, was explained to them.
May 7, 2019
Claudette R.
May 16, 2019

“Excellent Software for Doners Contributions”

OverallI find that it is one stop software that I would recommend to any church who is looking for a program or application to keep track of their Donations.
ProsDonairius is user-friendly and makes it easy to keep track of donations in a way that makes it easy to do end of year reports and tax receipts. I have been using it now for many years and find that it keeps improving and keeps current with the CRA requirements. The onus is on me to input the information correctly.
ConsPast Doners gets deleted out of the system instead of staying hidden. If CRA should require any information it will not be in the system.

By Nuverb Systems on May 17, 2019
Explained to the customer how they can make inactive donors hidden rather than deleting them.
May 16, 2019
Shirley H.

“Easy to use”

OverallSmall church. We count money at church.......I enter all monies as individual checks or cash.........then I print a weekly report for my records. At year's end, I prepare tax receipts for members.
ProsI was looking for something that was "user-friendly" since our church has only about 120 members. I found Donarius quite by accident and gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised in the ease of use. Other software was "over kill" for what I needed. Dave has ALWAYS been a big help and has come to my aid more than once. Thank you Dave!
ConsIt worked perfectly for me and the few reports I needed. Weekly donations printout, then at the end of year...........tax receipts. No complaints.
May 11, 2019

“God Send!”

OverallWe were looking for something that was easy to use and cost effective. Another ministry head suggested that we try Donarius, because they were using it and highly recommended it. We fell in love with it right away. The customer service was attentive and knowledgeable. We were able to remove the barrier of time consuming, because this program was so easy to navigate, made things flow so much quicker, we were able to keep very accurate records and provide our donors with professional and detail documentation of their giving.
ProsThe ease of use and how even if you are a small ministry you can still function with excellence and look very professional.
ConsWe have been using this software for approximately 4 years and we do not have any cons at this time.
May 11, 2019
Jeff D.
December 13, 2016

“Awesome tool for our ministry”

OverallOur ministry has used Donarius for years, it helps make our accounting and handling partner giving so easy. It's really easy to use and it's a real blessing.
ProsEasy to use, even though I am not very tech minded.
ConsSometimes it's a difficult to enter foreign addresses. Some fields are not used in foreign addresses, but the fields require something to be input.
Recommendations to other buyersno
Randy T.
December 13, 2016

“Great donation tracking software!”

OverallWe have been using Donarius for about five years now, and have not had any issues with it at all. It is fast and easy to input the donations, and the setup is fantastically easy. We need to do some housekeeping on our installation (cleaning out old categories and deleting obsolete donors and such), but other than that, it just plugs right along, week to week, running without a hitch. The backup function is effortless, and the export function works much better than some of the high-end accounting programs do. As always, there is room for improvement, such as more and varied types of reports, but that is a given with any accounting package. Overall, we have been exceptionally pleased with Donarius and hope to continue to use it for years to come.
ProsEase of use and speed
ConsReporting functions need some additions
Recommendations to other buyersGreat Buy! Get it!
John B.
Envelope Clerk
March 20, 2018

“Using for 5 yrs”

Overallease of use and support
ProsI find, as one not too much into computors, that the ease of use is the highlight of this programme. Any additions or subtractions of members are very straight forward. Year end statements and receipts are quite easy to produce. Cost of programme very reasonable and always get a quick response if I have any questions.
ConsWhen entering new members they are stored in the order you enter them and not in envelope number sequence. You don't do this too often so not a big problem. Also although you can print out labels of members you can't print a full sheet of labels with church name and address.
March 20, 2018
Calvin B.

“Donarius”

OverallI find that Donarius is an ideal software for managing contributions to a church or any other organization that needs to track contributions, particularly for satisfying the requirements for Revenue Canada. I have received prompt and excellent service at all times.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is how easy it is to operate. Anyone with limited computer skills would be comfortable in using this software. Receipts are easily issued. Contributions given by any particular person and for any particular time period are easy to access. Files are easy to update.
ConsI have not experienced any issues that hampered me while using this software
Ian K.
March 16, 2018

“Great software for our small church, makes my life as treasurer a lot easier.”

ProsEasy to use. Easy to install. Produces tax receipts at the end of the year. The software also produces a number of "built in reports" that allows me to produce various reports for the board. I believe that Donarius saves me a ton of time over the course of the fiscal year. Your data is easily backed up to a USB stick which i would highly recommend.
ConsOnly small issue is I am a MAC user and its not available for MAC unless you load Windows on your MAC, which I don't wish to do. I purchased a Windows laptop to run the software.

By Nuverb Systems on March 21, 2018
Donarius will run on a Mac using WineSkin which is open-source.
March 16, 2018
Carrie M.
December 1, 2016

“Wonderful Software - Especially for Small Churches/Organzations”

OverallWe have been using Donarius for ~9 years for our small (under 25 people) church. It does everything that we need for keeping track of giving, and, specifically, generating tax receipts! It is simple and easy to use. If you have any questions or notice any problems, the support team is extremely responsive and willing to help. I especially appreciate that they offer lower cost options for small organizations. I can imagine that it would work very well on a larger scale and for larger organizations, too.
Pros- Very easy to use. - Cost savings for small organizations. - Excellent support for questions.
ConsNo cons - we have been using this software exclusively for a number of years and have never had any problems.
Thomas K.

“Donarius Exceeds Expectations”

OverallIn the fall of 2015 I was looking to replace my contribution software because I could not import electronic contributions. I had no other issues with the old software. Based on prior experience, I had a very specific set of criteria the new software had to meet in terms of entering data, the ability to import electronic contributions, receipt print out, and price. Donarius met most of the criteria. After downloading a trial version of the software, I could not make the check reader work. Mr. Cordovado and I traded a number of emails in helping me get the check reader formatted properly even though I was using a trial version of the software. Additionally, he made himself available to answer other questions I had. After purchasing the program, he added some additional reports to meet my needs. Most software vendors tell you to take what they have. When I ran into a problem trying to record donations when a donor gave three checks in a day causing the program issues, the issue was quickly resolved. Donarius software has met all my needs and the support provided has exceeded my expectations. Although switching software brings some trials and tribulations going through the learning curve, I do not regret switching. Based on my experience to date, I would not swich back to my old software under any circumstances. Donarius is so much better. I would recommend it without reservation.
Robert S.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
November 30, 2016

“Great Donation Management Software”

OverallAs Financial Secretary for out small church I was looking an inexpensive, stand alone software package to track donations, provide tax receipts, and just maybe provide member tracking. We began using Donarius the beginning of this calendar year after evaluating several programs. We are a very small church and could not afford nor do we need a complex online program. Donarius does exactly what I was looking for. As the primary user I have found it easy to learn and use and after I have completed a complete year of use with end of year tax receipts I plan to recommend it to other small churches in our United Methodist Conference. At this point I do not foresee any problems with it and highly recommend it but am waiting just so I am fully knowledgeable of all facets of the program should any other questions arise by churches in the Conference. Praise the Lord!
ProsIt is simple. Its goal appears simple in tracking donations and recording families.
ConsAlthough I have not attempted it yet I glanced at setting up form letters and it does not appear straight forward. I suspect it will just take a little practice.
September 20, 2018

“Relied on this for years for Church finances”

OverallGreat software for smaller congregations looking for a cost effective solution to their donation management.
ProsI found this software intuitive enough that our volunteer book keeper was able to use it on a regular basis without issue. Produced Tax receipts and tracked miscellaneous donations as well as regular ones. Our accountant was pleased that he only had to review at the end of the year - it took the burden off him on a weekly basis. The tax receipts was huge - saved us from manually creating all of them.
ConsThe software itself had an older look and feel and I felt it could have been updated more frequently.
September 20, 2018
Tami P.
Adminstrative Assistant
August 28, 2018

“Small Church Review”

OverallSolving tracking donations to ensure donors receive tax receipts for all donations No longer have to write receipts by hand
ProsI like the cost as it is affordable for small churches, the receipts and reports are professional, can be customized, the software can have customized to the church needs The software is very easy to learn and to keep up with. Can allow tellers to make entries without losing donor privacy. Easy to transfer information if a computer is upgraded or the program is used at two places.
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about the software.
August 28, 2018
Marlys K.

“I'm Happy!”

OverallI am a church secretary and when the former treasurers decided it was time to lay their job down, they talked to me about taking on this job of counting the money and at that point, there was no computer used. It was all done by hand. I was having a hard time figuring out how I was going to have time for all that. Then someone introduced me to Donarius and how to use it, etc. and it seemed like it was very user-friendly. I purchased it and started using it. The guys in the Donarius office have helped me whenever I have a problem. I really appreciate them. Since then, I have told another church about Donarius and they have started using it also. I really appreciate every aspect of this software and the help that comes with it if you need it.
Gary R.
Assistant Treasurer, Offering Counter
July 6, 2009

“Donarius Church/Donor Management Software”

OverallDonarius is a simple to use, well-thought-out and masterfully designed piece of software. It was designed for regular people. You don't have to be a programmer to understand it and get it to do everything you need. Everyone in our organization loves it because it could be customized to fit our exact needs. It is such an improvement over the "big name" Church Management software that used to clutter up our offering computer and send us home every week with a headache. It's free to try- so try it. You'll know soon enough if Donarius is what you are looking for.
ProsOur organization needed a simple program to record and report weekly church offerings. A big "pro" is that Donarius is exactly what we were looking for- easy to use, easy to customize to fit our exact needs and the price is right. Simply stated, "it works." The program is very stable and there are never any lockups or loss of data, as we experienced with other similar but more expensive programs. The biggest "pro," however, is the superb technical support. Every issue is addressed and every question gets answered until you, the customer, are satisfied. The program has been updated free-of-charge several times, each time to correct minor issues that users found.
ConsI can't think of anything to put here.
July 6, 2009
Keith B.
Treasurer, IT Admin
May 21, 2019

“Built to Last”

OverallDonarius is a really well planned software. The level of detail offered is quite immense, and allows us to obtain and utilize proper reports. From a business perspective, this ability not only allows us to minimize the time it takes to perform otherwise mundane tasks, but also lets us capture and utilize data in an effective manner. I have already highly recommended it to others.
ProsThe level of input detail is very nice. It allows me to enter as much info as I will need to generate great reports.
ConsThe only one I can think of is I wish it were easier to add & remove members. I just need more practice probably.
May 21, 2019
Jackie M.

“Great software ”

OverallWe are able to look at our overall revenue
ProsIt's user friendly. Easy to create reports
ConsI didn't like how the system numbered each entry.
Steph M.
March 5, 2019

“Great product and best customer service EVER”

OverallBecause we only issue donation receipts annually, it can be difficult to remember how to use a donation software program. Because Donarius is so easy to use and intuitive, we don't waste time trying to relearn the program every year. And if we do run into issues, they provide excellent customer support - above and beyond. Would highly recommend it to any non-profit.
ProsIt's intuitive and really easy to use. And the customer support is stellar. No one gives this kind of patient, customer-focused support and that's why I recommend it to everyone I know.
ConsI honestly have no complaints and i have been using this for multiple NPOs for years.
March 5, 2019