Curve Dental Hero Ratings

Overall

About Curve Dental Hero

Curve Dental is the leading provider of cloud-based practice management software for modern dentists. We give you the flexibility to access all of your patient data in one place from anywhere at any time without the need to worry about expensive hardware or annoying upgrades. With Curve Hero, dentists and staff can easily schedule, invoice, manage recall, manage insurance, chart, and more using only a browser and Internet connection. Learn more about Curve Dental Hero

Edward S.
President/Owner
April 13, 2019

“Three dental offices”

OverallExcellent. Curve is the best of the cloud. And the cloud is way better than any VPN type system and far superior to use and maintain and manipulate and backup than any internal network would be. As simple as a high speed internet connection, an unmanaged gigabyte switch and internet connections. Wireless works too, I just like the speed of most of the workstations in the operatories wired in. Less load on a wireless router in a big office. Curve took us through conversion from Dentrix, training of the staff and the practice manager and has been there through our inexperienced moments. The doctors didn't even train and they picked it right up. The software improves over time for the better and it was great to begin with.Curve Hero has been a great decision. I couldn't be happier.
ProsIntuitive. Written with the end user in mind. The trusty "Sidekick" feature (get it? Hero...) on the right of the screen let's you quickly work through a patient. Once I was used to seeing between two offices from any location I was frustrated the third wasn't online yet. I could never go back. The combination of cloud management, lack of internal Network IT needs (an internet connection, Google Chrome, and Adobe Reader and Flash and you're there) and the user friendliness and cuteness of the software and I'm hooked. No bridge between most digital x-ray formats. We're using Scan-X and looking to upgrade to Plan Mecas CBCT ProMax Classic at all three locations.
ConsThere is a lag during the prescription writing portion of the "program." You have to wait a bit before it starts to respond. After that... Zoom. Also, if you need a new image taken you need to refresh charting and then go back to images. Sometimes, it doesn't like to let me modify images gamma, light, dark, inspect/zoom in. None of these are huge difficulties. I would not change companies.
April 13, 2019
Fredrick L.
December 1, 2016

“Preventing the 50K Mistake”

OverallEach computer in the office is independent and isolated. They're "off the shelf" units and were purchased from Dell at extraordinarily reasonable amounts. No server, no contracted computer geek, no surprises. Most importantly, no added monthly maintenance fees. The support from Curve has been fabulous. What's the worst that can happen? Well, the system has gone down.....wow....we kept doing dentistry. The internet failed (U-verse fiber optic).... wow ....we kept doing dentistry. There are a tremendous amount of people connected to Curve and AT&T. These companies will be doing everything humanly possible to get back up and running. It's their livelihoods. If (when) your server is hacked (oh, that couldn't happen to me! ..... yeah...think again) or when it fails the office geek has to repair or replace it. The time just starts to fly. So do the dollars. Your time is not the technicians time. Bottom line: the software delivers all the needed features necessary to run a contemporary dental practice. It provides the necessary metrics easily. The folks at Curve are responsive to their customers needs and seem to be in a constant upgrade mode. If it's not yet available from them, they report that it is something they're thinking about. They deliver on those promises. Financially, hardware is stock and minimalist. It can also be as advanced as available but the software works on it all. It integrates easily with all my digital add ons. Monthly fees are reasonable when compared to the other products available. Most of all, the cost is cheaper then the monthly maintenance fees for the "big time all encompassing " software packages and the original outlay of 20+k for the software isn't necessary. Every member of the team finds their own shortcuts/ techniques to move through the software. We had a very small learning curve at implementation and new employees grab it almost immediately. The upgrade I await is the access to all of the patient records from my mobile devices. Currently I can access the schedule and patient information only. I look forward to being able to make appointments directly from my phone. I recommend this system constantly. I've not been disappointed at any time since implementation three years ago.
ProsEase of integration and ease of use
ConsInability to access the actual product from my mobile devices. I want to be able to interact with the entire product from my mobile devices(iPad, iPhone)
Recommendations to other buyersThere is a tremendous support mechanism built into the system by means of its instructions and interactive FAQs. If an answer cannot be found that way, the support staff is spectacular at solving all problems.

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
A thousand thank-you's for your kind review, Dr. Lurie! We've noted your suggestions. Many of our customers see a savings in IT and HW costs, as you have. Best wishes!
Raquel C.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
September 23, 2014

“Depends on specialty of the office. ”

ProsIt's so user-friendly and you can adjust settings so easy as well.
ConsI think it's too easy to schedule appointments on top of each other. The billing is not easy to read, because it separates it by transaction, and then the transaction is no longer visable after it's paid. There is no way to select a procedure not to be billed to insurance in a billing transaction. You cannot transfer credits between family members in the same account. The tabs in the charting can be confusing as well. I think all existing, and current treatment plan should be together, not separated. You cannot keep track in the charting what was diagnosed when, because it deletes the date when the treatment is completed. There are too many placed where the fee schedule can be adjusted to allow for mistakes later. If the insurance is modified, the treatment plan has to be deleted and re-entered for the patient to be correct. I don't see a point in tags in the appointment when it doesn't enter the procedures in the appointment title. It seems like a lot of work to schedule an appointment, because you have too many options. The entry of birth dates is harder than it needs to be. Emails cannot be used in more than one person's profile. Cancelled claims should be able to be deleted from the system. It's confusing when auditing past due claims. There is no way to input how much maximum is left on a patient's insurance for treatment plan purposes. Treatment plans don't factor in secondary insurance coverage. Scanned documents should be able to be grouped in files and letters instead of making a separate entry for every page. Charting on the teeth is too sensitive.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm still evaluating the platform. I think it's really easy to learn and use, but still needs minor adjustments.

By Curve Dental on November 26, 2014
We appreciate Raquel's comments. She brings to light a number of topics we'd like to address. - Scheduling Appointments. The flexibility of our scheduler does allow you to schedule on top of other appointments. Long-time customers have not found this to be a negative; however, we understand Raquel's concern and are taking steps to modify this functionality--quite soon, actually. - Invoice Accounting vs {WHAT DTX AND ES USE}. Curve Dental uses invoice accounting, which has many advantages. Because most of the dental profession is using older management systems that display information in other ways, our new customers may find Curve Dental's accounting style a little different. Once proper training is completed our customers see the advantages of invoice accounting as it presents a more logical grouping of billing information. Specific to Raquel's comments, paid transactions are hidden after 30 days to make more efficient use of space, but with two clicks all transactions can be viewed. - Billing to Insurance. If there's a particular procedure you would rather not bill to insurance, you simply omit that item in the insurance claim. - Transferring Credits Between Family Members. If all family members share one responsible party, then yes, credit can be shared between family members. However, if the family members have different responsible parties, then one account would have to be refunded and the other credited, which can be done quickly. - Displaying Existing and Current Treatment. Graphically, existing treatment and the current treatment plan can be viewed at the same time. Line-by-line details can be viewed for either existing procedures or planned procedures by clicking on the corresponding tabs in the chart. - Diagnosis Date. If you're concerned about the date that a procedure was diagnosed, you can access a quick report to retrieve that information; it is not deleted. - Fee Schedule Adjustments. Fee schedules can be assigned to a specific patient or when setting up an insurance plan (which determines how the insurance portion is calculated). When creating a treatment plan, you also have the option to select a different fee guide, but the default is the fee guide initially assigned to the patient. - Modifying Insurance. Currently, you do not have to delete and re-enter a treatment plan if you need to change insurance information. - Birth Date Format. We have received a few comments on how the birth date is entered (which is yyyy-mm-dd) and plan to allow our customers to adjust the format to one more customary to their area. Obviously a minor concern, but one that will be addressed. - Unique e-Mail Addresses. For security purposes, Curve Dental does not allow an e-mail address to be used by more than one patient. Curve Dental's patient portal provides patients with access to account information, future appointments, and more. To protect this information, a unique e-mail address is required to access the data. Of course, the responsible party can access information for all members of the family. - Deleting Cancelled Claims. In the interest of providing one more deterrent to fraud, we strongly believe that cancelled claims should be a permanent record in the patient's account. As a result the display of the patient's account may be a bit more busy, but not confusing. - Entering Insurance Maximums and Factoring Secondary Insurance. Currently, Curve Dental does allow you to enter coverage used outside of the practice or software, helping our customers gain an accurate insurance estimate. And our software does indeed take into consideration secondary coverage when calculating the insurance portion. - Scanned Documents. We have discussed ways to improve the organization of scanned documents and will make a change. - Sensitive Charting. Curve Dental has two charting modes. One lets you drag the mouse over tooth surfaces to select the desired surface. The other mode requires you to enter the surfaces in a more old-fashioned style. Some may find one mode more preferable over the other.
September 23, 2014
Corey P.

“Confident in Curve!!”

OverallSwitching to Curve Hero from my old server based practice management software has proven to be one of the best decisions I could make. I was faced with ever increasing server issues and daily troubleshooting was causing me to feel more like an IT person learning on the job than a dentist on some days. Even hiring multiple IT gurus was a not a good use of my time or resources. Now that I have been with Curve for almost 4 years I can say it has done a lot more for me than solve IT headaches. It has opened opportunities for me as a dentist that I didn't know were possible. I have since merged my practice with another dentist and opened a second location. Curve's cloud-based software has allowed us to manage 2 locations. Curve has made it much easier to manage multiple providers and staff. All we need is an internet connection. It has allowed us to centralize many of our services. The new staff we have hired on have adapted quickly to Curve and love it's intuitive features. We spend less time training new employees on how to use the software. This year for the first time we had the opportunity to attend the Curve Summit. It was well worth the investment in time and money. It struck the right balance between fun and learning. It pumped up the team! What I was most impressed about was the ability to actually interact with the leadership and staff of Curve. At one point, we mentioned that we were developing ideas on centralized services for managing multiple practices. The next thing we knew we had a meeting set up with the executive leadership of the company. They genuinely listened to our ideas and asked us questions on how Curve could help fulfill some of our needs. It was evident to me that they cared about their customers by actually listening and implementing the things that practicing dentists want from their practice management software. I have never experienced anything like that meeting. I came away very impressed by their leadership, direction, and mission. Their platform is perfectly designed to continue to evolve with technology and implement improvements. They listen to their customers. They focus on what is important. They provide a great value for their customers in what they offer. I have used other practice management and imaging software programs. I am confident in my long-term partnership with Curve. This partnership will continue to give me opportunities to adapt to the changes that are occurring in dentistry today.

By Curve Dental on November 16, 2016
Thank you for your confidence, Dr. Plaster! We think we have a great thing going and it is a boost to see that our customers couldn't agree more. Hope to see you at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!
December 1, 2017

“Smooth and easy transition from Old School Practice Management Software.”

OverallCost, Efficiency, usability.
ProsThis is a complete solution to meet all Practice Management needs which is great but as this software is a cloud solution it is just like your Facebook account, Instagram, email etc, it is alway available right there where you need it and it works as it should but in a modern, more efficient way. It's quite intuitive and it is always trying to help you to achieve your goal. We've yet to encounter a gap a business process that is not covered. The Add-ons with Bluefin and Fast Attach function exactly as you would expect and work seamlessly. We're a brand new office and we've leveraged Curve for Practice Management and G-Suite (from Google) to manage email and documents. Doing this has allowed us to forego a any local server or even any network wiring, simplifying and reducing the cost of the build out. Both training and support have been great and they are never shy to quickly remote to your screen to quickly resolve any issue you may have. As for cost, by any metric it has to be cheap given you there is no installation or hardware cost and as it is cloud software upgrades are seamless and inherently free. To address the main counter argument of a cloud solution we are in a south Florida and during the last Hurricane, Irma, we had no risk of any server being flooded of course but once the storm was over and Comcast was still out we simply switched on the hotspot on the phone and we were up and running!
ConsThe Kiosk facility where Patients can can fill out their forms directly into Curve is good but you can see they are still building it out.

By Curve Dental on December 4, 2017
Thanks for the 5-star review! The benefits of a cloud-based management system, as you point out, far exceed the idea of keeping a server in your practice. Many thanks for your kind review and best wishes!
December 1, 2017
Amy J.
Operations Administrator
December 13, 2016

“Great Cloud-based Dental Software”

OverallWe purchased five standing offices. Each had a different dental software. We needed a product that would enable us to view all five schedules remotely, and Curve has been terrific. It has changed how we look at schedules and increased our efficiency and flexibility. All employees can check their upcoming day from the comfort of their own homes. Training on the software is very good, and customer support is very responsive. Curve is always evolving, and the staff welcomes any and all suggestions. Most features are very useful, and, once one knows how to maneuver, they make sense and are easy to use. We plan to continue using Curve, and I have already recommended it to other dental offices.
ProsI love being able to access all five office schedules at any time from any place where I have my laptop.
ConsMost issues I have had have been MY user issues! I would LOVE to see a "daily diary" with chores like auto/property carriers use to remind adjusters of tasks. When I want to reschedule a cancellation or missed appt, I can't mark it appropriately AND put it in the queue as a quick reminder to call the patient. I know I can run a report, but I'd love to be able to use the queue as a daily diary as well.

By Curve Dental on March 10, 2017
Amy! Wow, your comments are much appreciated. I've copied your suggestions into a message to our development team--they are great! As you noted, when it comes to multiple locations Curve Dental can make your job much easier. With all the data at your fingertips in real time, that's gotta be helpful for a team member in your position. Good Neighbor Dental is an awesome organization. Best wishes!
Donna W.

“Overall Satisfied”

OverallFirst Customer Support is OUTSTANDING. You can call or submit a ticket. Tickets are responded too quickly-normally 5-10 minutes and many times I have receive a phone call from the customer service tech to answer my concerns. When I have called in myself I have never waited more that 5 minutes on hold. The conversion process worked well for our office. We had a clear understanding on the front end as to what would and would not convert and they were VERY good at helping to make sure our existing treatment and treatment plans converted properly. The training schedule they set up for our office allowed us to have a fairly good understanding of the day to day functions before we went live. Strongly suggest that you follow their recommendations in this area. There is a link attached in the software that allows you to view training videos at your convenience. Really helpful. Having a web-based dental software does allow you to do notes, etc. while at home which is helpful. The disadvantage on that end is if the internet service is down then you can not access patient information or take x-rays. The Imaging function is probably one of the weakest links in the software. I don't feel that the quality is where it needs to be and it does not have the ability to do measurements which is helpful for offices that place implants-which we do. I do wish the "Admistrators" had more control to set up staff access and it would be wonderful to have an area that you could place private notes such as conversations with patients that I do not want patients or other staff members to see. I will also comment that we have been using the Curve Software since September of 2015. We changed from another software (Dentrix) that we had been using for many years and our only two complaints with it was that it was not web-based and that the response time with their customer service was outrageously slow. It was common to wait on hold for more than an hour and if I did send in a ticket I would either not receive a response or it would be days later. So changing from a software that the doctor and clinical staff were please with was not without its challenges. It took about nine months for the hygienist to stop saying "but I liked it the way we use to do it". Overall I would recommend Curve Software.

By Curve Dental on November 16, 2016
Thank you, Donna! We feel the same way about our customer service. Your sentiment about imaging and administrator roles are high on our list and features that we discuss often. Best wishes!
Shannon D.
June 13, 2017

“Can access schedule from laptop and mobile phone!”

OverallCan use anywhere you have internet access, reasonably priced.
ProsCurve can be viewed online so you can see patient information right at home (where you need to see it during emergency patient calls) or to make sure you can see schedule changes as they occur. This program is easy to use and reasonably priced.
ConsThere are no folders under "files and letters" so after awhile the number of files can get large and then difficult to locate, which is annoying. Also the financials do not allow monthly production numbers for a year at a glance. You have to do each month separately which is time consuming and frustrating. Also Curve goes down from time to time and then you are SOL because there is no backup....

By Curve Dental on June 14, 2017
Many thanks, Shannon, for your positive review. We are working on files and letters and you'll love the end result! The Playbook, which will be available this summer, may provide you with the production numbers you're looking for. We're also set to release offline capabilities; in the event service is disrupted for whatever reason, you'll still have access to a limited data set for patients you'll see that day. You'll love that, too! Many thanks and best wishes to you and yours!
Jeanne D.
Office Administrator
June 19, 2017

“I like the Curve software and what it has to offer. Overall we have been pleased with the product.”

OverallAs stated previously, the ease of use is my favorite feature. It is fairly easy to train new employees and have confidence that they will easily navigate their way through the program.
ProsCurve is very easy to use and very user-friendly. Navigating through the program is manageable for even the least computer-savvy person. When we train a new staff member, I never worry about teaching them the program because it is so easy to teach.
ConsOur least favorite feature of Curve is the charting module. It does not perform the way we think it should. While we are aware that you can't please all the people all the time, we would prefer to see changes made so that the charting module allows for more customization by the user.

By Curve Dental on August 2, 2017
Hi, Jeanne! Many thanks for the kind review. Sonshine Dental is one of our favorite customers. Ease of use is a common thread we hear from our customers. We've taken note of your comments about adding some customization capabilities to the chart. That needs a bit of clarification. Hope to see you and your team at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!
Marilyn T.
Admin.
June 13, 2017

“We are very happy with our first year on Curve!”

OverallIt saves me so much time during my work day compared to other computer programs I have used in the past!
ProsIt is so easy to learn and to use! When new employees are hired, it is so easy to show them how to use the system. I use community to find answers to any questions I have and usually can figure out how to do anything! I love how easy it is to customize reports to get the information that I need. We like that the claims go out at various times during the day...it seems like the turn around time for payments is alot faster. We love the ability to customize the sidekick to be able to see what is really important to us at a glance and to have these changes show up right away....instead of having to wait for weeks while a computer guru makes the suggested changes!! It is wonderful.
ConsI wish that the account credits would show up in our total accounts receivable amount for 60-90, 120 day totals.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Wow, a 5-star review! Thank you, Marilyn, for your feedback. The Sidekick is definitely our secret sauce--it sure does make you more productive by helping you access information faster. We've made note of your wish and will be evaluating. Thanks again!
Shannon S.
June 13, 2017

“For multiple offices, Curve makes this a dream! ”

OverallEase of use having multiple offices. Quick notes are a huge benefit as well as macros for tx planning
ProsCurve allows us to work at multiple offices and see changes instantly. We can have multiple tabs open per user being able to click back in forth between different screens.
ConsQuality of xrays, we have to use a second software in order for our xrays to do measurements and print with quality for our referring offices. Quick meds is a huge issue for us. We are a surgical office and need to have multiple scripts available, we have to wait 5+ minutes in order to print one script (we usually print 4-5 per pt) after this slows down curve and we have to reload. We print script all day long.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Hi, Shannon! Thank you for your positive review. As you noted, practices with multiple locations are much more productive on the cloud with Curve Dental. We'll reach out to you to see if we can improve image quality and explore the Rx issues that you mentioned. Also note that measurements is one of our current projects. Thanks again and best wishes!
Darryl S.
Medical Practice, Unspecified
2.5/5
May 28, 2014

“Conceptually cool, extremely poor performance!”

ProsIt's conceptually cool. Their customer support is responsive, and the software is cloud-based.
ConsIt doesn't live up the hype. The cloud-based software has stopped working 2-3 times since going live in less than a year. The acquisition of digital X-rays is non-diagnostic. The import of images from old chart software to curve is tedious. Image magnification is limited. Treatment plan implementation is tedious. If you want to give multiple treatment plans, each plan data has to be re-entered, which is a huge waste of time. Charting is incomplete. There's no denture drawing. No implant abutment can be charted. I have a digidocs intraoral camera that was supposedly compatible but can't be utilized in all its functions. I'm unable to post date notes in the event; one doesn't get to document a visit on the day that it occurs. It's wicked expensive, especially since old software has to remain running because of inadequacies with Curve. A new computer monitor was necessary on some stations. The mobile app on iPad and iPhone have been virtually worthless. There's no employee time clock. Hygienists and assistants have to reboot their computers throughout the day in order to take intraoral photos or X-rays. It doesn't list my specialty in Prosthodontics as a specialty!
Recommendations to other buyersResearch all dental software; I would recommend avoiding Curve at this time, though.

By Curve Dental on August 26, 2014
We have recently discovered that the imaging challenges described by this client seem to be limited to Kodak sensors. Curve Dental has an outstanding track record for reliability, innovation, and customer service, backed by more than 3,000 dental professionals managing the oral health records of more than 3,000,000 patients every day. In fact, a customer satisfaction survey conducted in May 2014 indicated 73% of all Curve Dental customers were likely to recommend the software to a colleague. Regardless, at Curve Dental every customer counts. We have taken careful note of this client's feedback and compared it to our current development plan. We will be giving this client a call to discuss further.
May 28, 2014
Angie N.
Dr.
June 23, 2011

“Curve is perfect for our office”

OverallWe highly recommend Curve to all dental offices. Our situation made the choice easy because we started from scratch and thus didn't have any data conversion. Even though Curve may not have quite as many features as Dentrix yet, I believe that it will be there very quickly because of how quickly the company is changing and updating the program. For me, Cloud practice management systems are the future of dentistry, and I believe that Curve is the best in the Cloud. We would do it again in a heartbeat! Curve provides all that we need in a Practice Management Software.
ProsAbility to use the software anywhere there's internet Very easy to learn Nice graphics Ability to email newsletters/mass emails to all patients Unending reports (can customize reports for what you want) Each user can customize their view of the schedule Doctor can limit what parts of the system each staff can change Patient education videos are excellent Ability to upload images (xrays, pictures, paperwork) to charts Easily bridges with our Dexis xray software Easy to electronically file claims Excellent customer service Constant updates & improvements to the software The prescription module is great The colors of Curve, the laid-back & witty Curve staff The charting and perio charting modules are excellent Less need for IT company to help (still have to have a server for digital xrays & have to pay them to keep that up-to-date) Ability to use Mac and PC computers in the office.
ConsCan't use on an iPad (because of Flash) When uploading Xrays to the charts, it takes time and the xrays are in a horizontal line (not mounted). We don't use this feature. We've had trouble with the insurance estimation part--not accurate. The software doesn't allow us to add in codes for different procedures (we have to use what CDT codes are in)...unless we add it as inventory Some of the screen views are slow to load A few times we've clicked out of a chart and lost all of the charted treatment
June 23, 2011
Monique E.
May 31, 2019

“Curve is behind the curve ball”

ProsThe ease of which one can email a receipt to a patient. Ease of scheduling. The playbook dashboards
Cons1.User are unable to make a correction in billing all at once. Right now with each correction it closes and then the user has to open it to correct the next line. 2.Route slip are unavailable. Would be nice even if just online with no printing. 3. The ability to print one visit of a treatment plan does not exist. The user needs to move the treatment to another plan if they wish to just print it alone and then move it back. 4. Unable to integrate with a third party collection agency so they real time data is not available. 5. Fee guides cannot be updated as claims are paid per an individual patients plan. 6. I would love for the ledger to have an option to have a line by line view (just like it would show in an account book) as opposed to clicking each visit to see what was done on that day.
May 31, 2019
Linda B.
Bus. Mgr.
August 2, 2019

“Training Process Needs Your Review”

OverallWe definitely had to make a change in our practice and this was huge! Now that we are a couple of months in I am happy to say it is all behind us! There are changes that we would like to see and we have sent in many tickets. Hopefully we will see them come to fruition.
ProsFrom my stand point which is mostly office oriented, I do like the software now that I am more familiar with it. I love being able to see both our locations on one screen and to be able to work at both locations from my office. Reporting is different but I like it. I love being able to navigate all over from the appoinment screen.
ConsI did not like how our training was run. It was very confusing and not hands on. The trainer jumped all over instead of sticking to one thing before it was learned. Our clinic has had the most difficulty. We dont like how the charting is set up to show work that needs to be done vs what has already been done. Colors are faint and runs into another.
August 2, 2019
Tracey L.
June 19, 2017

“Curve Hero is the best, flexible software a practice can have!”

OverallIt's easy to use. I can log in from anywhere if needed. The team continues to improve and update the software features which keeps us on the cutting edge of dentistry.
ProsThe flexibility it offers to the providers! Having it be web based, allows providers the ease of logging in anytime and anywhere, no longer being stuck at the office to finish work.
ConsIt would be nice to have the capability to write a note on the patient statement. There's space to have it. ( Example: your monthly payment is $ )

By Curve Dental on August 2, 2017
A 5-star review from you, Tracey, is well earned and much appreciated! As you point out, data accessibility is a huge advantage over older dental software. Being able to work when and where you wish adds to job satisfaction since Curve Dental molds itself around your lifestyle and work style. Thank you for the comment about notes on a patient statement; we're aware of that one and it is certainly on our list of improvements. Hope all is well with you and your practice and hope to see you at the next Orange Summit!
Dawn G.
Practice Manager
December 13, 2016

“Curve Hero Cloud Based Software”

OverallWe are a pediatric dental practice that has multiple locations. We love being on a cloud-based software because it eliminates the use of remote sessions for our satellite offices. I also believe Curve to be the ONLY cloud-based software that currently has imaging in the cloud so that was a huge plus when considering software choices. That factor should also be considered when looking at the cost of most of the cloud-based software. Curve Hero has a patient portal, online forms which automatically generate to the profile for patients and can accommodate multiple location scheduling. The reporting in curve needs a substantial amount of work and consideration by the developers and can be very difficult to use unless you have fairly detailed computer knowledge and lots of patience. They are actively working to improve the report module so believe this will be much better in early 2017. Curve Hero has a clinical module which is pretty awesome and also allows scanning into the software which is a great feature when going from a paper office to paperless.
ProsCloud-based software! As a manager of a very busy dental office, it is great to be able to get logged in from home without having to log into a remote session to the practice server.
ConsReports are extremely difficult to use/create. Sometimes the information that you are trying to review cannot be achieved without a substantial amount of time the first time the report is created.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure and use the online suggestion/issue feature that Curve offers. The developers take the suggestions seriously and it is not unusual for a developer to call you to get additional information on what your objective is. Curve also has a curve community and university with hundreds of training videos. It is very user-friendly and can often save loads of time and frustration if you remember it is available.
Jill M.
June 7, 2017

“Overall positive anxious for more updates related to billing / word process / portal enhancements ”

OverallCost savings no server to upkeep
ProsEase of charting and upload and organization of templates for images. Accounting breakdown of invoices. Patient portal and ability to send new patient paperwork is fantastic and saves so much time at appointment.
ConsInsurance profile is too limiting as well as the word processing options in Curve. The capability to send statements needs to be reworked, need direct access to account from A/R reports with capability to send letters add account notes etc. tracking of statements and account out reach needs to be all in one area.

By Curve Dental on June 8, 2017
Thank you, Jill, for your kind review! We think our online forms are pretty awesome, too. We took careful note of your comments on billing as we are looking toward a face lift of sorts in that area. We may reach out to you in the future for clarification. Best wishes to you and your entire team at Stonecastle Dentistry!
Stewart S.
Ceo
August 22, 2018

“Disappointed in Curve Jacking my rates by 500%”

OverallDont get curve unless they agree on a long term fee structure. They will kill u in the end once your deep into integration into ur practice.
ProsI have been a curve customer for 7 yrs. Overall it's a solid platform but I simply cant get over the fact that they jacked my rates by 500%
ConsHere is my gripe and it's a big one. They raise my fee from 250 per month to 1000 per month. They did it because I was not smart enough to lock in a lifetime rate and I have 9 doctors and two locations. They kill me for each doctor per month and no quarter for part time doctors. They used to work with me because they understood the part time folks should be burdened with a full fee. Other issue is they fail miserably with two practices sharing info about patients.
August 22, 2018
Amy L.
June 19, 2017

“I have had a great experience so far. Curve definitely has a lot to offer! ”

Overalleasy dental software
ProsIt is very user friendly and easy for a person who is scared of computers to use. Reports and lists are easy to access and creating forms take less than a few minutes making front desk responsibilities a lot less stressful. Charting and clinical features are also great and improving as time goes on.
ConsAccounting aspect took a bit to get used to as we were used to a different software. It lacks some features that other software like Softdent and Dentrix have.

By Curve Dental on August 2, 2017
Amy, many thanks for your kind review. We think Curve Dental is pretty easy to use, too. With regard to the accounting aspect, we approach billing a bit differently. While it may take some small adjustments on your part, the added capabilities the it provides are worth it. Best wishes to you and your practice!
Faith C.
Assistant Office Manager

“Almost always perfect.”

OverallEasy to use. Easy to train on. Quick replies when help is needed. Curve community is so beneficial!
ProsAny time I have questions I get them answered right away and if the representative doesn't know it they take the time to find out the answer and get back to me right away. Also its VERY user friendly and teaching others to use the software is super easy.
ConsSometimes it goes slower than I'd like but that's also probably our internet. I wish there were ways to customize the treatment plan wording and to include a signature line. I also wish that a feature would be added to notate if deductibles have been met for patients or if the maximum was used by all services or only some.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Holy 5-star review, Faith! Thank you for your comments. User friendliness is important to any practice when looking for dental software as it makes the transition so much easier. We'll reach out to you about your treatment plan comments. Thanks again!
Jeff C.
Lord/master
June 13, 2017

“Staff is super nice, there is definitely a learning curve and the software is improving over time.”

ProsCloud based, security, access to everything when I need it, electronic prescriptions, etc. The interface is generally pretty and I will say the support is good.
Cons I appreciate the new developments, but they don't seem focused on the most commonly used features. The Kiosk is "neat" but I'd rather be able to see some of the specifics from the "home" or appointment screen. There is less customizability than I realized. The team is, in fairness, responsive to requests, but mine haven't made the cut yet. I get that lots of people have lots of ideas, and they are trying to expand the product. I just don't use some of the features they are putting time into at this point.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Thanks, Jeff, for the review, comments and suggestions. We are bit confused by your queue and cancellations comment so we'll be in touch to make sure we understand. And many apologies for not meeting your expectations with regard to our service availability. We feel a bit differently about that, as you might guess. Currently, our uptime performance is 99.96% As far as we're aware, Curve Dental is the only cloud-based dental software that publishes our performance numbers (www.curvedental.com/status). You have to wonder why. Regardless, we've not met your expectations and we'll continue to improve upon our numbers. Thanks again!
Tyler W.
Dentist/CEO
June 13, 2017

“Easy to implement, very intuitive to use.”

OverallQuick, easy, detailed.
ProsNew and existing employees pick up on using it quickly. Navigates easily and is very reliable. Everyone at my office loves it! It's easy to login remotely as well.
ConsLimited report functionality. More patient friendly videos and education needed. More patient friendly treatment plan format needed.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Thanks, Dr. Williams, for your positive review. Simplicity is a hallmark of Curve Dental and often mentioned in other reviews. New and powerful reporting functionality will be added to Curve Dental very soon, which should provide you with all the reporting functionality you will ever need. We'also taken note of your other comments and will contact you if we need clarification and input. Thanks again for your kind words!
Ian M.
August 23, 2016

“Not pleased. ”

OverallI have been using this software since 2012. It has been a struggle. The reports are very sub-par. I have two offices and spend a lot of money with these guys but that does not get me any sort of special treatment. Just to give you an idea of how bad the reports are...there is no report to indicate the number of new patients per month. The closest you can get is new patients "created" but this would include no-shows. I asked for a special custom report to be made for my uses with NP's, referral sources, production from referral .....DENIED. They said more or less "maybe they would get to that at some point in the future....thanks for the suggestion". If I could easily switch I would do it, but it is not I won't even get started on how often their servers go down.
ProsIt's prettier than most software.
Cons-Reports are a joke (and reports are the life-blood of a good practice management software) -Servers go down a lot -If you lose your internet you are also out of luck -Customer service is slow and not helpful -They nickel and dime you for add on's. Bridge to xray software...$$; E-prescribe....$$$, store x-rays....$$$$$
Recommendations to other buyersLook elsewhere.

By Curve Dental on August 24, 2016
Hi, Dr. Mapes! We¿re sorry we failed to meet your expectations. But that means we¿re going to try harder. For example, our reports can be customized to show nearly any data. That you did not find what you wanted means we need to look at the interface and training. Specific to a NP report showing referral sources and production from referrals: We can do that, but obviously we can make it easier to get this information. Curve Dental is the only cloud dental software that publishes performance on its website (www.curvedental.com/status). Our uptime number is 99.99%, which means our service is nearly always available. You think otherwise, so we need to work on that remaining .01%. We were surprised by your customer service comments. In an independent survey, 70% of our customers said our service is better. We¿ll continue to improve until that number is 100%. Were we disheartened by your review? Absolutely. Are we going to give up on you? Never! Thank you for your comments and best wishes!
August 23, 2016
Jon W.
Enter a job title
June 19, 2017

“great in areas. some areas need work”

ProsIt is very intuitive. New employees grasp it very quickly. The lackof backups and updates is also a giant positive.
ConsI have complained about the lack of x-rays being automated within the recare system since the day I started. I don't think you even care about this complaint anymore

By Curve Dental on August 2, 2017
Thank you, Dr. Wheeler, for the kind words and positive review! Not having to worry about data security or hassle with upgrades is a huge plus, like you say. We are very much aware of the recare feature you'd like to see. We've been looking at where it fits on our task list. Hopefully we can knock off some other priorities and get to it soon. Thanks again and best wishes to you and your practice. Hope to see you at the Orange Summit, again!
Phyllis S.
receptionist
June 13, 2017

“We switched to Curve Hero several years ago and have been glad we did!”

OverallVery user-friendly software.
ProsWe love the versatility that this cloud-based software has given us. It truly is mobile! We also appreciate the progressiveness of the company. They are constantly trying to improve this wonderful product. Most recently, we have started to use "Forms" to allow our patients to pre-register before their appointments.
ConsThe only thing I can think of about CurveHero that we struggle with is the format for the date of birth.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Hi, Phyllis! Many thanks for your 5-star review and kind words. Our online forms will let you onboard new patients in seconds rather than minutes. If you need assistance in getting started, please call us. Again, many thanks!
Dr Vilas S.
Ceo
June 13, 2017

“I suffered with Pworks for years with server crashes etc. Good living on the cloud with curve now.”

OverallCant even begin to describe the impact curve has had on my practice and the way in which we operate as a business
ProsCloud based, access anywhere anytime, scalability is instant. No fees for new users . With other companies it seemed like you were being punished for growing, with curve it's celebrated. Real team players who play on your side versus just about any other company I've seen in the dental space.
ConsWhen the internet crashes, (not curve) you are down, I believe a cache update for this is coming soon though

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Wow! Thank you, Dr. Sasty, for your comments--they are much appreciated. Yes, a cache update is in the works. Thank you for you support and best wishes to Aces Dental!
Tracy G.
June 13, 2017

“Great product- they are improving everyday”

OverallBeing able to access it from everywhere!
ProsI love the ease of using Curve - very user friendly. When we had a new employee start it did not take her long to be able to pick it up.
ConsI really dislike the reports- I struggle with not having the options and selections that i did with softdent.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Many thanks, Tracy, for your positive review. Curve Dental is designed to provide a very enjoyable user experience, as you've noted: It's very easy to learn and use. With regard to reporting, we find that your frustration can be eased with additional training at times. We'll reach out to see if that's the case. Additionally, with the new analytics we're currently working on you'll be quite impressed. Thanks again and many happy smiles to you!
Chad W.

“Great overall”

ProsOverall ease of use and customer service is excellent. Always have issue resolved quickly when needed.
ConsToo long to roll out the Analytics Dashboard as have know about for some time. Took awhile to improve Forms/Storyline.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Wow, Chad--a 5-star review. Thanks! Forgive us for speaking too soon, perhaps, about our new analytics. It's hard not to talk about what's coming. Two things to talk about here: 1)Curve Playbook is a customizable dashboard that will juice up your morning huddles; and 2)Analytics will give you significantly more horsepower when it comes to reporting. Both features will be included in your current subscription. If your practice needs advanced analytics--for a group practice, as an example--there would be an additional charge. Our online forms did take longer to complete than we wished, but, wow! You have to admit the new features are impressive. Regardless, your comment is noted... we need to pick up the pace! Best wishes!
Thomas B.
Owner,dentist.
June 7, 2017

“Curve has been, for the most part, easy to use, intuitive, and effective. ”

ProsEase of use, intuitive , constantly improving, customer service, accessible from anywhere, layout is clean.
ConsMobile version is very limited, constant bugs that interfere with use, improvements that were suggested did not manifest or took a long time to take effect.

By Curve Dental on June 8, 2017
Hi, Dr. Bae! Many thanks for your kind review. You are absolutely right: Our mobile version is due for some attention. As you know, right now you can view your schedule and patient contact information. We have plans to greatly expand that functionality and may ask for your input when the time comes. You have always been a source of great support of our efforts for several years and we greatly appreciate it. Wishing you and your practice only the very best!
Leesa H.
office manager
June 13, 2017

“Easy and efficient software to use”

OverallCloud based-can pull it up at home. Ease of training new employees. I love the treatment planning as well.
ProsI love that it is easy to use. It's easy to train new employees without much trouble. I love that you have training webinars on anything new. Also, officially orange and community is great!
ConsIt "freezes up" sometimes. Also, It does not always show secure. Many times I will look and see that the "lock" is not there.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Thank you, Leesa, for your 5-star review! Wow! We are concerned about your comments on freezing up and missing lock icon, which is obviously not normal. We'll be contacting you soon to investigate further. Again, thank you for your kind words.
Mary D.
Office Manager/receptionist

“Great experience”

OverallFor the most part, we are happy with our experience with Curve. However, there are a few issues that haven't been addressed because we are in Canada and are awaiting some government approval. That is frustrating for us as one of the big reasons for choosing Curve initially is because we thought it was a Canadian company that would be able to keep thing current and advancing at all times.
ProsThe fact that it is cloud-based.
ConsThe lack of improvements because awaiting Canadian government approval.

By Curve Dental on March 10, 2017
Mary, thank you for your kind review. We are completing ISO certification, as required by Health Canada, and will then be able to provide the imaging services you're looking for. It's a big job but we'll be done soon. Thank you for your patience.
Karen R.
Dental Office Manager
December 7, 2016

“User friendly and always adding and improving features.”

OverallThere are so many great features, and great tutorials on how to use them. If you need help they are there for you in minutes. If you ask them to add a feature, they take it seriously and do the research and usually add it. Its nice to be able to run reports on just about anything. Compatible with most add-on services too.
ProsFeatures and ease of use.
ConsWould like to able to print more screens and jump to charting from the sidekick treatment plans.
Recommendations to other buyersSpeed up the time it takes for patient charting to open.

By Curve Dental on March 10, 2017
As the office manager at Rogers City Dental, Karen, no one knows better than you that Curve Dental makes your job a bit easier. Your suggestion about being able to jump from Tx plans in the Sidekick to the Chart is noted. Thank you for your support and best wishes!
December 7, 2016
Weston S.
December 1, 2016

“Best Tool for the Modern Practice”

OverallOriginally purchased curve to avoid needing a server in my office. I was excited to use the odontogram. Overall experience has been excellent. Very proud to be a Curve user and tell colleagues to try it. Best functions include; Custom Forms, Easy Treatment Planning, Transitions from back to the front office, Customer Support is AMAZING. Good functions include customizable reports but needs support often to create exactly what you are looking for. Areas still improving include some buggy responses on odontogram, imaging module sometimes runs slow.
ProsShared this on the previous page

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
Thank you, Dr. Spencer, for your review and your feedback. We're adding dashboards and custom reporting to our broad mix of features soon. We think you'll find those pretty cool. Best wishes!
March 26, 2019

“We LOVE Curve”

OverallWe recommend this software to anyone looking for an ease of use program that you can access anywhere as long as you have access to google chrome. It's fantastic!
ProsThe best feature about this software is that everything is in the cloud and you don't need to pay additional money for a giant server to hold medical records. Its very user friendly and even team members who haven't used it before seem to catch on quite quickly!
ConsBecause everything is cloud based, if there is a problem with internet (storm or something similar), everything goes down. It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen.
March 26, 2019
Douglas R.
June 13, 2017

“Ala carte fees add up in a hurry”

OverallI am not sure if this software is as user friendly as dentrix or softdent
Proscloud based, nice graphics, decent reports, resonable phone support. I also like that the updates are done automatically
Consexpensive....thought I would not need a server but I like my imaging software better than Curve. In the perio charting pockets of 5mm or more should be plotted in RED

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Hi, Dr. Rolfe! Thank you for the positive review. We are aware of the need for some practices to see pocket depths of 5mm or more appear in red. Sorry to hear that you're still stuck to a server for imaging reasons. If you've not looked at our native imaging features for quite some time, please do. Best wishes!
Tracey L.
June 27, 2018

“This is the best software I have ever used for all the functions in my job!”

OverallThis software has made my job easier and more efficient
ProsCurve Dental is user friendly, and can be accessible from home, to work or wherever I am. The Curve Dental Team are so supportive and prompt at answering any questions or helping with an issue. They are second to none and continue to improve!
ConsNothing; this software meets our needs and more. We are very satisfied with this software and their support team.

By Curve Dental on July 2, 2018
Thank you, Tracey, for the many years of support from you and Brookfield Dentistry! Your kind words are much appreciated. Wishing you and your team only the very best!
June 27, 2018
Lynette W.
Office Manger
11-50 employees
December 5, 2016

“Love Curve!!!!”

OverallWas very skeptical at first, but I love it. Curve enables me to work from anywhere I am so I am no longer locked to my desk. I am able to work from home, any of our offices, etc even when I am out of town. Not to mention their Curve Summit is awesome!! It is fun and informative! I would highly recommend Curve Dental Software!!
ProsBeing able to stay in touch with my office from where ever I am.
ConsIf the internet goes down or is slow, it can be a slight problem.
Recommendations to other buyersGive it a try, I guarantee you will be glad you did!

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
Many thanks, Lynette, for the kind feedback! Curve Dental sets you free, like you say, wrapping around your work style. Best wishes to you and your practice!
December 5, 2016
Charo P.
Regional Manager
November 9, 2016

“Super Hero”

OverallEasy to use, super hero team @curve hero. Great seminars,webinars and trainings. Technical support are on time,friendly and has over the top rating in customer service. Great Job!!!
Prosinnovating

By Curve Dental on November 9, 2016
Hi, Charo! Thank you for your awesome review. Your opinion that our customer service team is on point is consistent with what the majority of our customers say. In fact, an independent research organization found that 83% of our customers say our customer service is better than what they were experiencing before switching to Curve Dental. We're so confident in our customer service team that we publish our performance metrics on our website for the world to see. Thanks again for your kind comments. Best wishes!
November 9, 2016
Anita M.
February 3, 2019

“Unprofessional and careless”

OverallSo far behind the Curve compared to other dental management platforms.
ProsCloud based. That is it.
ConsCustomer service is horrendous. Can't load fee guides on time and make no effort to do so despite multiple requests well in advance. Constantly placated by staff that offer no solutions. Year after year the fee guides are not loaded on time. Staff could care less. Expensive for lack of functionality and having to manually input your fees because Curve doesn't care to meet deadlines. Perio chart is elementary; odontogram looks good but you really can't chart anything other than restorations and surfaces - everything you need to properly diagnose and record on the odontogram needs to be added by creating a note and drawing - its a waste of time; medical history - no log; cannot compare over time - bleeding and exudate require too much effort - who has time to colour in plaque and calculus - why is this even a function? ; estimates on insurance are incorrect; cannot coordinate benefits; everything is on a priority list, but what is a priority really doesn't improve clinical or business functionality and efficiency.
February 3, 2019
sarah b.

“Overall very happy”

ProsI love Curve because it is very easy to use. Curve community offers help with any questions you may have, which is very convenient.
ConsThe one thing I would change would be the ability to have sub folders in files and letters. We upload a lot of documents and folders would make it easy to organize.

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Hi, Sarah! Thank you for your kind words. Sub-folders for files and letters is a current project. You'll love how easy this will be. Many thanks for the 5-star review and best wishes to you and yours.
Claudia S.
Reception Billing
June 13, 2017

“The technical support is phenomenal, the ease and use is wonderful.”

ProsThat it always is looking for ways to update and make easier. I like that its self explanatory and that you can catch on quickly.
ConsFor best options, sometimes costs more. Wish I could scan directly into the patients file. Charting seems more tedious from history

By Curve Dental on June 13, 2017
Claudia, thank you for your review, especially for taking note of our customer service and user experience. We are working on making changes to the patient file functionality. Best wishes to you and your team!
Jessica M.
CFO

“Great Software!”

OverallI have been working with Curve for the past 3 years and it just keeps getting better! Every time we hire a new employee it's super easy to train them to use Curve. Every time we can't figure out something Curve support is just a call away. Love Curve Hero and they have great conferences as well!
ProsEase of use, web-based, customer support.
ConsGlitches every once in a while.

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
Thanks, Jessica, for your kind review! We feel we're making significant enhancements to our software on a regular basis. It's good to hear that you agree. Love your practice!
Paul Y.
Medical Practice, Self-employed
December 1, 2016

“No more servers or multiple back ups.”

OverallI don't need to worry about multiple backups of my server. Curve keeps it in the cloud. I can check my schedule at home without going to my office in a snowstorm. That's safey for myself and my staffs.
ProsIt's the cloud. It's cutting edge technology.

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
Awesome, Dr. Yeung! Thank you for your review. Never having to worry about data backup is a Curve Dental and "cloudy" advantage. And being able to check you schedule from where ever and when ever... that's how Curve Dental wraps around your work style and your lifestyle. Best wishes to you and your practice!
Ashley G.
Front Desk Coordinator
June 14, 2017

“While there are a few things that could use improving overall the service is great. ”

OverallThe ability to access the software from anywhere with a desktop and web-connection was a huge factor. I can bring my laptop home and work there or still run front desk operations while working remotely at an oral surgeons office.
ProsWe love the ability to access the software from multiple locations, and the customer support is outstanding. There is constantly improvements happening that make Curve better each day.
ConsSome of the glitches or inability to chart things accurately can become frustrating. Due to how new the software is, this is to be expected.

By Curve Dental on June 14, 2017
Thank you, Ashley, for your positive review! Being able to work when and where you wish is a natural benefit of the cloud. For those who value lifestyle and work style Curve Dental is a perfect solution. You can't beat our accessibility and customer service. Thanks again!
June 14, 2017
Sandy M.
December 13, 2016

“Really easy to use and great service!”

OverallCompare to other software, Curve is definitely one of the top ones out there. For the service and quality you get, it is hard to find any other that compares to it. I also like the fact that they are continually working on improving the software. Customer service is also number 1.
ProsEase of use, great customer service.
ConsCost and still need some improvement for electronic records but I know it's being worked on.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely worth the investment and will save you time and headaches in the long run.

By Curve Dental on March 10, 2017
Thank you, Sandy, for your 5-star review! We are always working on new features and enhancements. Continued improvement is our number one goal. Many thanks for your support!
Thomas B.
Owner,dentist.
December 1, 2016

“Software for the future”

OverallSo user-friendly. Always improving the experience and staying at the cutting edge of technology. Excellent customer service and they listen to you! Thanks, Curve.
ProsUser-friendly and intuitive.
ConsCost may be a bit high.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease improve the mobile site.

By Curve Dental on December 5, 2016
Thank you, Dr. Bae, for your kind review. We're continually adding new features to the software that makes the monthly subscription continually increase in value. As you note, the usability and intuitiveness are lauded Curve Dental advantages. Best wishes to you and your team!
Layla M.
Financial Coordinator
July 11, 2019

“Curve Cloud Based Dental Software”

ProsGreat customer service. Intuitiveness. Ease of use.
ConsWhen searching for patients the software may not pull a patient up by last name. Example, if I'm searching for a patient by last name of Brown, the system might pull up patients who live on Brown Street. Would like to be able to pull up last patient searched and go through patients alphabetically from the last patient searched. Would like to be able to update fees across all existing appointments and treatment plans when fee schedules are updated.
July 11, 2019
Aaron D.
Owner Dentist
June 26, 2019

“5 YR+ User”

OverallIt allows me to view/access charts with images from any computer. Its fast and easy to learn. I prefer the cloud-based model over traditional server.
ProsSidekick. Easy of use. Integrated images and charting. Ease of navigating images for Dr. and patient viewing. Cloud-based, ease of access.
ConsAccounting. Billing modules. Slowness of software changes to take effect.
June 26, 2019
Danielle P.

“Overall...LOVE IT!”

OverallFlexibility!
ProsIt is a cloud based software! We can call work from home or satellite location using our unique logins!
ConsWe would love to see more tablet and phone use of the software. Our practice could benefit from being able to use the full functionality of the software from our login on a phone or a tablet.

By Curve Dental on August 2, 2017
Thank you, Danielle, for the kind review and 5-star rating! Wahoo! Data accessibility--being able to work when and where you may--is awesome and Curve Dental does a good job. We can certainly improve upon mobility, something that is high on our list. Thanks again and best wishes!