FunctionFox Ratings

Overall

About FunctionFox

The leading choice for creative professionals, FunctionFox gives you simple yet powerful time tracking and project management tools that allows you to keep multiple projects on track, forecast workloads, reduce communication breakdowns and stay on top of deadlines through project scheduling, task-based assignments, internal communication tools and comprehensive reporting. Don't let deadlines and due dates slip past! Try a free demo today. Learn more about FunctionFox

Brenda R.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

“FunctionFox for Architects”

OverallMy billing is generally by the hour, and so the "timer" feature is extremely helpful when working on multiple projects in a day. I also like that I can set up email reminders if I forget to fill out my timesheet.
ProsI have a small but growing architecture practice. I tried several project management and timekeeping and accounting programs before finding FunctionFox. I have been using it for a little over a year now. It allows me to do everything in one place, from job estimating to invoicing. The most important feature I was looking for, and was having trouble finding elsewhere, was an "resource availability" function, that would keep me from scheduling myself or my employees for 180 hours/week. FunctionFox has definitely improved my organizing skills with its to do lists and progress reports. The customer service has been excellent, and the interface is easy to use and clearly organized. I recommend it for any firm, but especially small start ups.
ConsStill waiting for Gantt charts. Then I think it will be perfect. They are used extensively in construction scheduling, and I would like to have the same format when scheduling the design.
Carter F.
Marketing Manager
April 25, 2019

“Professional Time Tracking in a Straight-Forward App”

OverallFunctionFox is a great tool for tracking time. It allows you to have several users tracking time under projects and tasks, so you can see how your team is using their time. From an agency standpoint, it allowed us to accurately account for our time with clients and realistically price our services. It had integration limitations and was not as flexible as we needed it to be, but for many, it is likely the right tool.
ProsFunctionFox allows you to set up different account and projects within those accounts to help separate your time into tasks and items of your own choosing. For a marketing agency, this type of tool is essential. Function Fox offers a pretty easy to use system with several features to help make your time tracking experience easier and more accurate.
ConsWe ultimately moved away from FunctionFox because it was not able to integrate into our billing software. We also needed a tool that would be double as a task manager.
April 25, 2019
April 8, 2016

“Subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I've made ”

OverallFor several years, I have used FunctionFox every day, to record my time and manage my projects. I found setup really simple, and day-to-day use is a cinch - I record my time with FunctionFox's timer, which makes it easy to switch between clients and projects. Generating reports takes seconds, and FunctionFox has let me cut admin time that I used to spend searching through old emails and scribbled notes to do my billing. With FunctionFox, once I've entered my time, I can use the information for loads of things: to create more accurate estimates for similar projects; to track my actual time against my estimates (very useful for keeping clients informed); to create and adjust invoices; and to show clients exactly what I've done for them.
ProsSince I started using FunctionFox, I've captured significantly more billable hours every month to. I find this program to be simple, flexible and really affordable. Also, customer service is completely free, with a service rep assigned specifically to me. That means I can always talk to someone who understands my business whenever I have a question, as often as I need, completely free. All in all, subscribing to FunctionFox is one of the best business decisions I've made.
ConsIf you're looking for a product with all possible bells and whistles, you may need to keep looking. You can export data from FunctionFox to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren't built in.
James D.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 23, 2018

“Love the task assignment feature.”

OverallWe love the features of FunctionFox. The program has worked flawlessly since we got it, and on the rare occasion we got stuck on a feature, their staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.
ProsThe best thing about this program is that you can assign tasks to individual employees. This allows for better tracking of project time, and the mobile app gives you the option to do that even if you aren't in the office. The ability to create an unlimited number of clients and projects is an even greater bonus. The emailing of tasks also helps greatly with time management.
ConsAs we only needed it for time tracking, we haven't encountered any negative things to say about this project. There are more features that we just don't need, so perhaps slim lining the program would be helpful to make it more sleek-looking.
November 23, 2018
Heather S.
Creative Director
Graphic Design, Self-employed
October 3, 2017

“A great Time & Expense tracking tool for small-ish agencies and freelancers”

Overallmore accurate billing
ProsI implemented this software when I owned my own agency of 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff. It helped tremendously to track the time spent on projects and more accurate billing. No more paper time sheets! I always had accurate data when a Client asked "how much time do we have into this". They have great customer service and is fairly reasonable in price even for smaller shops. Reporting is robust. Pretty user-friendly.
ConsIt's missing the Project Management piece. At least in tracking To Do's like Basecamp does. I wish I could have 1 software that does both of these things.
Jacquie H.
May 5, 2016

“Use FunctionFox and Make Life Easier”

ProsAs an Account Manager/Office Manager I can't imagine how I would get through my day without FunctionFox. I use the action function weekly to prepare for our Monday traffic meetings and keep this up-to-date throughout the week, so I always know the status of my client projects. Running reports for monthly billing and using the invoicing tool has saved hours of time! The ability to run current client reports as well as reports from archived jobs allows me to see how time was spent, capturing billable time and expenses, and is also a great tool in preparing estimates. As easy as it is to use, if you do need help, the customer service at FunctionFox is unbeatable! Signing up for FunctionFox is one decision you absolutely won't regret.
ConsReally there is nothing I don't like about FunctionFox it's a great product and fulfills the requirements I use it for.
Recommendations to other buyersChoose FunctionFox - you won't regret your choice. It's so easy and if you have a problem there is always someone available to help you
May 5, 2016
Helen F.
Studio Manager
Graphic Design, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2018

“Super Simple CRM Solution”

ProsWe love this software, it's quick, easy and very cost effective. We easily input our data into it, the fields are all editable so is bespoke to us. We haven't had to ask for much support as the software is so easy to use, but when we did the help was fast, helpful and friendly. Function Fox has made the studio run far more efficiently, team members can book jobs in quickly and time sheets are super fast. The retainer option has been really useful too, we can also report on staff productivity and ensure timesheets are being filled out.
ConsHaving worked with the software for a few months I cannot find any flaws with it, we researched many CRM software solutions and most were too expensive or too complex for our needs, Function Fox gives us the option to have a basic CRM system with add-ons available if we want to expand features.
April 16, 2018
Jeremie W.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2018

“FunctionFox Keeps Project Management for Creative Teams Simple”

OverallWe have used FunctionFox for time and expense tracking for over 15 years. I am an early adopter and have been blown away by their consistent customer service. Their team of great people support this solid product.
ProsGreat UI, very intuitive for designers and account people. Timesheets are painless and now our expenses don't slip through the cracks. Absolutely pays for itself. Everything an ad agency or design firm needs!
ConsCan't think of anything. Whenever there was an issue, they have listened to our suggests and continue to improve the product.
Michael D.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Good if used properly”

OverallIt's a very nice way to properly track time spent on projects, clients, etc. Over the course of the year, you can see where you've gone over on hours and where you might want to dedicate more time. When you give clients a certain amount of time per month, having software like this is essential for tracking purposes.
ProsIt made it very easy to track time for clients over the course of the day, week, and month. Quite customizable, so we were able to have it fit our needs.
ConsNothing in particular comes to mind. It is solid software for time tracking.
July 16, 2019
Vicki F.
Program Administrator
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2018

“Helps to Manage Time Spent on Client Projects”

OverallWhen dealing with clients and billing them, this is a great product. It's reasonably priced, easy to use and improves our billing, which helps not only our company, but gives our clients the assurance that we are billing appropriately and accurately.
ProsThis product keeps track of all of my notes on my clients' projects. This helps to ensure that my billing is accurate.
ConsThis product is not accessible when the internet is down. It would be great to have a resident version on my computer when internet is out.
May 14, 2018
Kathryn L.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Office Manager has 100% positive review”

ProsAs a company we like how easy the program is to use, both for time tracking projects, and for tracking payroll. If we encounter a problem anywhere while using this system (for example changes in billing rates) we contact customer support and help is offered right away.
ConsAs a company we have experienced no negative issues while using this software. We have used the software for 3 years now and are very happy.
September 28, 2018
Bonney K.
Production Manager
August 3, 2017

“I have been using FunctionFox for over 10 years and it's made me a better Producer!”

ProsFunctionFox is easy to use, very intuitive and is a real time-saver. I especially like all the reports I can run. The "Action Report" in particular has made our weekly Traffic Meetings more efficient, with everyone starting the week on the same page.
ConsIt would be great to be able to generate Purchase Orders. Also, it would be helpful, and more efficient, if you could upload more than one file at a time to Flink.
August 3, 2017
Cheryl P.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2018

“Great Product!”

OverallI had used Function Fox at my previous employer and when I started with this architect firm they were tracking time another way and it was very easy for me to convince them to make the switch. I'm so glad because it has made my job so much easier here!
ProsVery simple to learn and use. You can customize reports for your specific needs. Cost is very affordable. Customer Support - outstanding!
ConsThere's really nothing I don't like about it.
September 14, 2018
May 4, 2018

“My agency uses FunctionFox daily to log our time and track our progress.”

ProsI like the detailed reporting, the action assignment process, the time entry process, and the ease of entering estimates.
ConsIt's a little tricky teaching people to use the software when they first start their job at my agency - we utilize learn as you go "training." Maybe the help center could compile all of their articles into one giant article like a giant FunctionFox guide for new users.
May 4, 2018
Travis B.
Director of Business Development
November 16, 2017

“Great Software to keep track of hours and projects”

ProsWe have used this program for a few years now and have found it very easy to track progress on projects, log hours, and make sure that our office is running as efficiently as possible. This has been a great investment for us!
ConsIt took some time to get familiar with how to use the software. Adding gantt charts for project planning would be great, but overall this program fits our needs quite well.
November 16, 2017
Sherry B.
January 19, 2017

“It's a Game Changer”

OverallWe absolutely love using Function Fox. It's quickly become a habit and we find that our workflow is more accurately tracked and therefore we have a better handle on capturing all time spent for invoicing as well as a monitor for how we allocate our time! Personally, I love clocking out for the day and seeing my billable hour total. Makes me feel very productive and efficient. Also for retainer clients, it's very effective in generating the monthly report; easily documenting and validating time spent. I highly recommend this online tool to agencies of all sizes. We jumped right into using it and it took no time at all to learn. It's very easy and user-friendly. It's a game changer and we feel much more in control and profitable as a result. Sherry Bruck, President, Harquin Creative Group
ProsThe timekeeping tools. Love the way it interacts with the Client, Project, Task and the ability to edit.
ConsI've had to disengage the hourly rate recording because very often we adjust that when reporting and invoicing to clients. Therefore we haven't figured out a way to invoice directly from the software. Also, I wish Outlook calendar could somehow be linked to the Function Fox calendar.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't overthink it. Just jump in and add your current clients and projects and start using it.
January 19, 2017
Gail M.
August 30, 2018

“Fantastic product that suits our small business needs”

ProsEasy of use, intuitive design, great customer support when needed. We have been able to service our customers needs so much easier since using the software, being able to access information quickly and log information easily.
ConsIt would be useful to be able to produce a report on projects without actions. At present this cannot be done
Edwin G.
BIM Consultant, Building Performance and Structural Technical Specialist
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 26, 2018

“Well set up and effective”

OverallTracks time and makes it easy for people to log their hours. Produces higher quality reports than other tools. Has built in intelligence to detect start and end dates of projects.
ProsFunctionFox has a great ability to slice and dice information on timed tasks once they are captured. I also have really enjoyed the email reminders on days when you don't log time. Overall, it seems to work consistently, once everything is set up.
ConsUser interface is confusing for most new users. A lot of the information shows on the lower half of the screen which is non-intuitive and creates confusion. The setup can be a little tedious and integrations with other tools (such as ticketing systems, salesforce) would be valuable.
July 26, 2018
richard s.
Senior Account Executive
February 27, 2018

“Function Fox lets our team accurately compile hours worked on projects”

ProsI like the ease of use, the mobile app and the depth of functionality within the platform. I can see the teams hours and write descriptions on exactly what is being worked on
ConsI would love to have the ability to post time on multiple projects at once. This would help when the same projects are being done for multiple projects and time just needs to be split.
February 27, 2018
Siobhan F.
51-200 employees
October 20, 2017

“Great PM resource for small team”

ProsThis system is perfect for small teams to track all of their projects, create schedules, and run status reports!
ConsThey recently made an update and removed a key feature for our team. There is a feature called Flink where we were able to send emails regarding the project to anyone. Since the entire department doesnt have access this was a fantastic feature that was taken away and they definitely need to bring it back. Our files our too large to upload to the system so for our teams use not having that easy email feature causes more work.
October 20, 2017
Robert I.
Design, 1-10 employees
August 11, 2017

“Function helped me increase my monthly billings by 25%. ”

OverallThe support has been outstanding and someone quickly responds to questions and offers personalized help. They have built a great team and it is a joy to work with them
ProsThe site is easy to use, and after a couple of months, it cut my billing time down to a couple of hours. The ability to quickly show a client a list of billing actives listed by date, demonstates how the time was spent and has emilinated billing adjustments.
ConsLike any new system it took a short period of adjustment, but the learning curve is minimal. I have not had any negatives .
August 11, 2017
Leigh C.
Senior communications advisor
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2017

“Everything works, it's easy, and even kind of fun”

OverallEase of time tracking multiple tasks on multiple projects for multiple clients.
ProsVery user-friendly, easy to use. Allows for flexibility in choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them. Terrific customer support - first in the "getting started" tutorial/hand-holding, to any follow up questions.
ConsThere is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. I've been using it for about two years, and have had no negative experiences with it.
August 10, 2017
Elliott B.
Senior Web Developer
11-50 employees
May 10, 2018

“Great time management software”

OverallGreat time tracking/management software.
ProsVery easy to use and intuitive time tracking software. Great reporting features. We use this to track time for 15 employees and never had a problem.
ConsBecause this is web based it sometimes locks up or we can't access it if our internet is out. A very minor problem that rarely happens.
May 10, 2018
Amanda W.
Program Manager
Graphic Design, Unspecified

“Great for agencies”

ProsI was excited to find FunctionFox designed for creatives, I had been searching for time tracking and project management suited to my work flow and set up. I can customize projects and tasks to clients, build teams, invoice and run reports to see which tasks are taking the most time or if we need to readjust a project budget. When I wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out, their customer service was prompt and friendly. I have been using FunctionFox for 2 years, it is an essential tool that makes managing staff and clients easier, and I love the new look!
ConsI had always thought their interface was a bit tired, and its funny how that can make you feel... but the new design is awesome
Recommendations to other buyersThere are lots of options, finding one that aligns with your company project depth is important. When I freelanced and had smaller clients, simple was better all around. Now I need something that can organize and track more detail.
Christian P.
Account Director
February 13, 2018

“This is a good time keeping software for those who are in marketing, but it could be improved.”

ProsThe cost of the software is at a good price. I can easily set new people up on the software and it is easy to train them to use it. Most of them use it without problems.
ConsThe help menu needs to be improved. And I am limited as to the number of clients that appear in the timekeeping section. I have to archive clients before I can add new ones because the new ones will not show up in the timekeeping section. I would like more features.
February 13, 2018
Angela R.
Creative Services Lead
August 16, 2017

“Love it!”

OverallI've been using FunctionFox for years. I used it at my previous job and convinced my employer of the last decade to use it shortly after I came onboard. It keeps getting better. The new interface is very user friendly. It's a affordable solution for our company.
ProsNew, user-friendly, modern interface Very affordable Great reporting options Easy to use Love the CEO Desktop
August 16, 2017
Janette K.
Project & Production Supervisor
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2016

“Function Fox Review”

OverallAs a newly hired Production Supervisor I was on the hunt for scheduling software to meet the needs of a growing design department. After reviewing dozens of options I decided on Function Fox and our entire team is LOVING it! Shane Sihota, our FF Account Manager is a gem! I cannot speak highly enough about Shane and the entire experience. Any questions I have are answered quickly and Shane always jumps at any opportunity to make MY day easier! This day in age, it's almost surprising to come across someone so upbeat and positive! I've recommended FF to everyone I know in a Project Management roll. FF far exceeds other software options. The capabilities are robust but the interface is clean and user-friendly. As new designers join our team I'm able to get them setup and trained within a day. The personal "To-Do" lists are incredibly effective in managing everyone's daily schedule. We went from chaos to controlled organization in a couple of weeks!
ProsInterface, capabilities, options for customization, user-friendly (particularly the "to-do" lists)
ConsThe ONLY "complaint" I have is that it's not super clear where to click to customize the "To-Do" list. Once Shane pointed it out, we're all clear.
Recommendations to other buyersGET IT!
July 25, 2016
Chad D.
Principal Producer
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 13, 2016

“A Great Solution!”

OverallFor many months I was looking for a project management solution, trying multiple products, over 20, and none of the products had everything I was looking for until I stumbled upon FunctionFox. I signed up for the trial service and while I was navigating through to figure out if it was the correct solution, one of their advisor, Isaac, gave me a call, just to thank me for signing up and see if they could be of any assistant. Of course I did, and we began a walk through of the service. Needless to say at the end of the call I was hooked and use FunctionFox to this day.
ProsThe software is pretty easy to navigate through and use on a daily basis. Its a great platform that includes rates, customers, job numbers, time tracker, to-do-list, reports, calendar, etc. Very pleased with this service.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely give FunctionFox a solid go! The staff there are very open to questions, comments and upgrade suggestions. And most importantly they are real people that take time to make sure you are satisfied with their product. The sense I got from their advisor was FunctionFox is not just some random product to make money, but it is a way of life for them to help creatives succeed in their own businesses.
June 13, 2016
Siobhan F.
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
July 9, 2019

“Great PM for small teams”

OverallOn year 3 of using FF and has been super helpful
ProsVery easy to use and great system for small teams. Updating projects is easy and I love how customizable this tool is for your team.
ConsI wish creating schedule templates was easier
July 9, 2019
Design, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Great product with tons of features”

ProsThe best part about this software is tracking your hours via timesheet. If you're good at managing your time, you can just input the hours you've worked on a project or simply hit a timer and it will track your hours until you've turned the timer off. Also love the actions within projects, meaning more people can work seamlessly within 1 project at the same time.
ConsIt can be quite intimidating at first, so you will definitely need someone more experienced to teach you how to use the software. The search option is great but when clicking on projects that are older, it doesn't take you to the project itself, but back to your actions & assignments (could be a bug on my end).

By FunctionFox on September 11, 2018
Hi and thank you so much for your positive review... we truly value your feedback. We would like to help you with the "bug" you're experiencing. Please email service@functionfox.com and we can help you or let us know who you are/ what company and we can call you. Thanks!
September 6, 2018
Mike G.
Editor
January 25, 2018

“Really great time tracking software for a small business”

ProsWhat I like most about this is the email alerts when you are approaching the limit on a specific project. This is great to give our producer a heads up when hours reach a specific threshold.
ConsI thought that the interface for entering time was more complicated than I would like for our end users. Sometimes all you want for a use is the hours and the job, and not bother them with entering any other info
January 25, 2018
Bruce M.
May 3, 2016

“Time Sheets and Project Management Without Tears”

OverallAs a creative, FunctionFox makes time sheets as painless as possible. As a producer and project manager, instant access to every invoice, expense, supplier, project scope and description, is absolutely invaluable. Imagine: Quoting without darts! Estimates without any ballparks!
ProsI can use FunctionFox simply - timesheets and expense tracking and it's light and easy to use and has a very short learning curve. But if I want to dig in at any time, it's way ahead of me with all kinds of features. The customer service is - get this - actual humans who care, who really know their product, who get to know you, and who aren't happy until you're happy. Lots of app makers have neglected any meaningful idea of true Customer Service - FunctionFox exemplifies best practices.
ConsNot many that I can think of - especially after the redesign!
Jennie D.
Graphic Designer
Internet, 11-50 employees
April 11, 2016

“My business made more money by using FunctionFox!”

Overall I used to manually track my time for each job, but when I started using FunctionFox and it's handy stopwatch feature, I was amazed at how much extra time I was actually spending on projects. This new information allowed me to better estimate jobs and accurately bill my clients. Accurate billing brought more financial stability to my small business. It pays for itself, keeps me organized and I love the new rebranded user interface too!
ProsThe design is strong and aesthetically pleasing along with easy-to-use intuitive features. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Customer service is phenomenal! Best time-tracking software I've used, hands down.
ConsNo complaints to report at this time.
April 11, 2016
Brendan G.
PR coordinator
Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2018

“Good software for tracking”

ProsThe nice thing about FunctionFox is that it is simple to use and does a good job with tracking projects. The built in function that allows email messages to be sent to people working on projects is a great feature.
ConsThe software seemed a little over the top. Many of the available functions seemed kind of unnecessary and just cluttered the space. That would be my only complaint, but perhaps there is a market where the additional functions are used.
August 4, 2018
Kathy B.
Vice President
January 25, 2017

“Great proclaim to help me stay on track.”

OverallFunction Fox is a great program for helping you track hours and tasks. Also, the customer service team is very responsive and very helping in answering any questions I have had over the years.
ProsThe ease of use.
January 25, 2017
Bonney K.
Production Manager
May 4, 2016

“I Love FunctionFox!”

OverallI'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact. Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our weekly Production/Traffic meetings. Nothing keeps agency folks more organized and on track than starting their week off on the same page, with the same goals. FuncitonFox helps us do that. Besides using it for my daily time sheets, I use it to set up meetings, briefings and brainstorming sessions; produce cost reports (past and present); and to reference specs and costs for printing, manufacturing and other hard costs. It gives me the complete picture in one quick and handy place. I also use the calendars to see what's hot for the day or what's not; what needs my immediate attention and what I can push to the side of my desk for the moment. The best thing about FunctionFox is that I can use it as little or as much as I need on any given day. I'm not a slave to it. It works for me and I love having it in my toolbox. Makes me look better at this job than I probably am. Also a true fact.
May 4, 2016
Kate B.
Design, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2017

“Great Product!”

OverallAfter ten years of using in-house designed software, we made the switch to FF at the beginning of the year, and it was relatively painless! All of my staff have commented that it is easy to learn and use, and they were correctly opening/closing new projects and tracking their time within the first week. There are a few functionalities missing which would make it easier for me to run monthly billing reports and export for Quickbooks, but the training staff was very patient and helpful in assisting me in setting up some advance, custom reports to bridge the gap. Our dedicated "on-boarder" support staff person is excellent - responsiveness and support is a big plus here!
ProsEase of use; breadth of functionalities
ConsNot as flexible with its exports for Quickbooks as I would like. I hate the fact that I have to run out monthly invoices one by one and can't just run out all the projects with time logged in at once.
February 22, 2017
Bruce M.
Associate Creative Director
May 3, 2016

“Timesheet and Project Management Without Tears”

ProsSimple and easy to use. Outstanding, personalized customer service from real people. As a creative, it makes keeping timesheets as painless as possible. As a producer, it makes tracking previous expenses, suppliers, actual costs, etc. a dream.
ConsThey keep adding (useful!) features and I don't always find time to stay up to date to make sure my current practices couldn't be helped by their upgrades. More me than them, really.
Recommendations to other buyersThe longer you use software, the better you'll be able to discover what works and what doesn't for you.
Peigi M.
Creative

“Absolutely Indispensable”

ProsTimeFox is incredibly easy to set up and use, even for timesheet haters like me. As a freelancer, managing time on multiple projects is critical. This program makes estimating new projects, tracking time and expenses, and managing workflow a cinch. I'm capturing time that I used to forget about, and billing takes minutes instead of hours. Also, TimeFox is web-based, so I can access it when I'm on the road. And this company really knows the meaning of customer service. They provide it free, any time I need it, and I get to talk to a real person who actually knows the product. Like I said, indispensable.
ConsIf you're looking for something with all the possible bells and whistles, this might not be for you. TimeFox lets you export data to other programs pretty easily, but accounting features aren't built in
Recommendations to other buyersTry it before you make the commitment. Everyone claims to make time-tracking simple, but until you use a program, it's hard to tell. TimeFox has a terrific demo that lets you try out the time sheets and play with all the features.
Peigi M.
Creative

“Absolutely Indispensable”

Taylor H.
Client Strategy Specialist
January 9, 2018

“Antiquated Time Keeping Software”

OverallFor the time being, FunctionFox serves the purpose of keeping our team's time but when we have time we will most likely migrate to a new system. There are so many better options at this price point with more features and benefits.
ProsWe have used this product for over 5 years and it is really easy for employees to understand how to input their time. Their customer service staff is helpful when you ask for something directly.
ConsSetting up backend organization of clients and projects is a bit confusing and difficult. There aren't very many integrations for communication with other softwares and if there are, it is difficult to get them set up. Updates and added features have to be added to your account from a FunctionFox rep.
January 9, 2018
Peyton B.
Social media strategist
October 3, 2017

“Simple but powerful time management system”

ProsThis system is remarkably malleable. My small agency is able to work quite efficiently within its capabilities. While we don't use it to generate quotes, that functionality would likely be useful to many. I came from another agency with a much slower, more primitive timesheet system, and I found myself dragging each month to get my time in by the 30th. Function Fox is super easy, and I find that it takes me no time at all to track my time for each day.
ConsI haven't run into many cons to using Function Fox, but admittedly, I've only ever worked with one other system, which was WAY worse. I think my only hangup with FF is that the interface can be a little bit clunky, but I can't imagine a time management system that isn't.
Katelyn E.
August 29, 2017

“Love this software! ”

ProsTimefox is so easy to track and run reports with to-the-minute results. User-friendly and nice to look at too!
ConsWish it was easier to use retainer tracking feature, there are a few reports that don't show up how I would like them in this view.
August 29, 2017
Jason K.
Digital Project Manager
Internet, 1-10 employees
May 6, 2016

“Foxy on FunctionFox!”

OverallWhen I started at Keystone Click, BrightPod was their PM software for web development...not the right platform for the agency, as: -Projects were being delivered late and over budget -Resources were consistently over allocated -UX was too busy/confusing -Reports were confusing/lacking -Workflows (templates) didn't work for us -Accountability in getting work done within scope/budget and on time did not exist I researched other platforms and narrowed it down to three: FunctionFox, Function Point, and Paprika. In the end, we determined FunctionFox was the best solution, and it's made my job so much easier. Within 3 months projects were on-time/under budget, and I could not have turn things around so quickly without FunctionFox!!! Their account reps are top notch. They are ALWAYS there when I need them; whether it's for advice on best practices, random questions, or reminding me how to find an employee's availability to work on an urgent request. Some days I don't know what I would do without them!
May 6, 2016
Nancy D.
Operations Director
August 28, 2018

“Setup painless and easy.”

ProsEase of use and price point. Friendly and helpful support staff.
ConsNothing - it's great!
Sheila S.
Accounting Manager
August 21, 2018

“About Function Fox”

ProsThe software is a great value for your money. The features and functionality are easy to use. I like the timesheet, project costing, personnel rate report which is essential because it shows the actual cost of the project, reports advanced feature is also great because you can customized it to your needs, you can easily manage personnel, projects-retainers is also a great feature.
ConsThe invoicing feature is one of my least favorite. I wish the project name shows when you view an invoice or a quote in the list view section. The quotes and invoices cannot be customized within the software, so you just have to export into a pdf and make edits. The software has limited functionality.
August 21, 2018
Lynda L.
Director of Digital Projects
Education Management, 201-500 employees
August 15, 2017

“TimeFox user for approximately 3 years”

OverallMy company was better able to track where I spent my time/how much of my time was spent on specific projects.
ProsThe software is really easy to navigate, and they have continued to provide updates to make it even easier to use from a user perspective
ConsI wish there was an app to download onto the computer to make it easier to capture timer and reminders, as the biggest fault of mine is remembering to input the time
August 15, 2017
Robert H.
1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Really great for freelancers!”

OverallN/A
ProsLove how it keeps an approximate time table of how much time was spent working on a project and made charging the client easy.
ConsI'm in full support of this program, no complaints whatsoever - again I suggest this for freelancers and anyone who needs to itemize their projects and time spent on them
November 27, 2018
Chris K.
Creative Director
Design, Self-employed
September 27, 2016

“Function Fox is soooo bad. It's so out of date except for a reskinned interface.”

OverallI have been using Harvest for five years now and absolutely love it, but was forced to use Function Fox for another company that I contract for. The features and usability of Function Fox are just horrible. It's difficult to navigate through the system, reporting is abysmal as it only gives you an excel sheet to download. Sorting and filtering is also confusing at best and leaves out important details the list goes on and on. Why pay so much for a POS system? Oh, and did I mention they don't even have a time tracking app for your desktop and their mobile apps are so out of date that they haven't even updated their logo? Seriously, LOL. I'm not here to tout Harvest as there are other great alternatives, but I only pay $12 per month for one user on Harvest. It's an additional $10 per month per user, then it costs $50 for 5 users per month. Harvest is cheap, has a lot of great features for invoicing, estimating, and reporting, and offers lots of app integrations, PayPal and Stripe payments, and has really good time tracking apps for Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android with additional features for invoicing and tracking reports on the go. I'm a designer, so I really appreciate the time and effort they have gone to in order to make accounting and billing intuitive and fun to use yes it's actually fun to use Harvest.
ProsThe new interface design is really nice.
ConsWhere do I start? The user navigation is confusing, it lacks reporting features available in cheaper software alternatives. There is no time tracking app for the desktop and the mobile apps are seriously out of date.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't use it.
September 27, 2016
Jillian C.
Graphic Designer
September 26, 2016

“FunctionFox review - Graphic Designer”

ProsI like how easily I can track my time through the use of the built-in timer / clock. I have used this product for 3 years and I do like the way the interface and design is evolving.
ConsI wish there was a more intuitive and visual way to view schedules. It's very clunky and they're basically buried. They are not very helpful in a list format and would be much better suited if they could be color coded and interface with a calendar like Google. I don't like that when you do make a change to a schedule it doesn't automatically shift other items around. I keep track of my schedules best by simply speaking with my colleagues and writing on the work order. As far as I'm concerned the current schedule process in time fox is a waste of time. I also dislike that when I change tabs in one job I have to refind it again when the page changes.
Recommendations to other buyers- Look for the efficiency and accuracy of a schedule. - Can it interface with other platforms that are commonly used? - If you make note of something in one place (like email) will it be recorded? - Overall design and how intuitive the program is to use
September 26, 2016