Cornerstone Practice Management Ratings

Overall

About Cornerstone Practice Management

IDEXX Cornerstone is the seriously integrated and totally future-proof practice management software. It delivers superior integration with leading apps, services, and products. Maximizes efficiency to minimize frustration and missed charges. Provides a single point of entry for veterinary apps, saving staff time. And it's backed by a team committed to your success now and into the future, with white-glove training and support, and new apps and services to extend your capabilities. Learn more about Cornerstone Practice Management

Gretchen R.
May 3, 2017

“Our practice runs smoothly with Cornerstone. Everything is at our fingertips and so easy to use.”

OverallI could go on and on. It makes my life so much easier as the office manager. As I said in the review from making and confirming appointments, to controlling inventory, managing the Petly Wellness Plans, compliance of clients using medications to include heartworm and flea preventions, to vaccines, to spay and neuters. Even using the callback lists daily to check on our patients, e have built such trust in our clients that we truly care about our patients. It is extremely easy to close our the end of day with the software and print reports to see how we are doing as a practice. I have used Cornerstone since 2006 and have experienced it grow and evolve in to the premium management software that it is today. It is always improving and the IDEXX team listens to what the practice owners need and want. They make it happen! Thank you.
ProsIntegration of Petly Wellness Plans in the patient's CS file. This is awesome being able to see what plan they have and what items they have used and have remaining. Inventory control keeps us on track. It lets us know when to order items and even where we order them from. We can prevent overstocking and running out of things. Automatic reminders and appointment confirmations are truly a timesaver. Processing payments through Cornerstone for credit cards and even excessing CareCredit are so quick that it minimizes our client's wait time at check out. And now being able to see vaccine history of each patient all under one tab is awesome. Printing vaccine certificates couldn't be easier. The whiteboard is great so everyone knows at a glance from any terminal why a pet is in the hospital and what is being done for them. Cornerstone has certainly changed over the years!
ConsWe haven't had much success using the boarding module to fit our needs and the way we reserve boarding space for our pets, because you can't schedule 2 pets for the same cage on the same day if one is leaving in the morning and the other is coming in the afternoon. We need to play with it more I guess.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Gretchen, thanks for letting us know how Cornerstone is making life easier for you and your team. That's why we do what we do!
May 3, 2017
steve d.
veterinarian
April 7, 2017

“Prior Avimark User now using Cornerstone”

OverallCornerstone is a powerful program that does many things almost everything needed for a veterinary practice. We were prior Avimark user for about 15 years since the start of windows version. Avimark is the most user friendly program I have ever used but it is limited as of a year or so ago to support true paperless use and our database out grew their ability to handle. They also had a whiteboard that was not practical or user friendly so we switched to Cornerstone. This program does handle large databases and does support paperless practice and works very well with integration of all their lab equipment, radiology and telemedicine. Because it is robust it is more complicated to master and there are so many things the program does it is difficult even for trainers and support staff to understand how do all the things paperless fully integrated practices need. It is not as user friendly and many things that are needed by paperless practices are not doable in the program. A simple need is in diagnosis listing - there is no way to describe anything about the diagnosis for example - Diagnosis of Limping - there is no way to go in and add a descriptor like left front or right rear - only Limping. Or if you diagnosed a mass - but no way of describing the location so you are left with reading through the exam to find out where the lump is. There are not many tabs on the patient records to sort the medical history to make finding inputs faster. But it has a Fantastic white board. The whiteboard that is fairly easy to use and does everything we needed. This was huge for our hospital and is badly needed in a paperless larger hospital. Unfortunately few practices use PM software to the maximum like we do, the problems we find or deficiencies that we find in the software from all these companies we have a small voice. But overall I think for a busy practice that wants a paperless practice and a excellent whiteboard feature and full integration of results with lab equipment and radiology results Cornerstone is the best.
ProsWhiteboard and paperless capabilities and lab integration
ConsStupid little things like cannot add descriptors to Diagnosis, lack of tabs to sort medical history
Recommendations to other buyersMake it more user friendly, interview more full capacity users. Most software companies make small tweeks to their software based on the majority of users but unfortunately probably 80-90 percent of users use about 10-20% of the program so these tweeks do not greatly improve the programs

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Steve, really appreciate your detailed feedback. Always good to get the specifics on where we're hitting the mark, and where a user such as yourself sees room for improvement!
April 7, 2017
Nancy D.
General manager
February 9, 2017

“The best practice management for business oriented practices out there”

OverallI am a power user of Cornerstone and am currently running it in five practices. Without a doubt, it was a great choice for us when we changed practice management software several years ago. The ability to integrate our lab and digital imaging is outstanding-no missed charges, all information immediately available in the correct patient chart, improved work flow and efficiency, and the ability for doctors to choose the format that they prefer for viewing results. I also really appreciate the customer support-I am the general manager as well as the network administrator, and being able to have any staff member call in to get a problem solved rather than waiting for me is very helpful. Support is respectful and very helpful to our team. We are also making great use of the learning center and the more advanced Cornerstone training programs. The reports and the Performance Tracker feature are extremely useful in managing the business side of the practice-you can really decide what level of information you want and go find it. The reports also provide a great deal of data about our clients and patients which helps us provide the care and services they want and value. The integration of Pet Health Network Pro for client communication is great-we really like the reporting features and communication options there as well. For me, the ability to have all of this technology easily integrated with one point of contact and one point of accountability has also been much more efficient than trying to deal with multiple providers as I have in the past. The only real negative with Cornerstone is all those features can also make it feel very complicated. It does require a commitment to training and to learning about the program to make it work well in your practice-but when you think of that database as the goodwill value of your practice, taking the time to manage it effectively is absolutely crucial for the long term success of your business. Some folks may find they don't need the integration or firepower, and Cornerstone may not be the best option for them as it is more expensive than some of the other options. However, I don't think it can be beat for the integration and reporting capabilities.
ProsThe strongest features are the ability to integrate lab, digital imaging, and client communication within one program. The report features are very good as well. Tech support has been great, and long hours of operation are very helpful as we operate extended hours.
ConsSet up can be complicated and it requires a commitment to ongoing education about the program. Staff training is very important.
Recommendations to other buyersmake use of the initial trainer and the Idexx learning center to get what you want from the software.
February 9, 2017
Kelly C.
December 5, 2018

“Flexible software that is easy to learn and use.”

OverallAs a paperless practice utilizing many of the Idexx platforms and services, we are power users of Cornerstone. We have two practices within 15 miles of each other and we need to be able to access client records from either, or remotely. It's been a good solution for our practice. I've used several practice management software systems and while none of them are perfect for everyone, Idexx has the ability to invest in it's technology and continue to make improvements. It really does offer robust options and flexibility for many practices to use the features that are a good fit for them.
ProsIt is a robust software package with good integration with other Idexx offerings. The integration increases the value of each service offering. They provide continued improvements on the user interface and enhanced functionality. The learning center provides fantastic training resources for new hires and those needing a refresher.
ConsNew enhancements seem to take priority over improvement to known deficiencies, such as the functionality of the multi-location single database systems. I would like more options to capture data for reporting and analytics. You can gather most information, but need a good grasp of excel to manipulate and combine it.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Kelly, thanks for the feedback regarding Cornerstone's flexibility, ease of use and diagnostic integration; we know how important all of those are at busy practices like yours. Same goes for multi-location/single database functionality. That's an ongoing area of high focus for us, and that includes making it easier to access the reporting and analytics you depend on.
December 5, 2018
Richard C.
Practice Administrator

“Cornerstone Reivew/Survey”

OverallFrom a support staff point of view, very good. From a practice management point of view, it can be difficult, especially if you join a practice years into owning the software and it was unorganized. Clean up can be difficult.
ProsI like the appointment book as it is easy to read and organize. I like the ability to email records, notes, and forms to clients. I like the help desk as they are easy to get a hold of and are very knowledgeable. I think it is easy to look up pets and clients and deal with financial transactions. PHNP is great too.
ConsYou need to make a new client file in order to make an appointment, although I know there are a few work around for this. You cannot inactivate a mass amount of clients at one time. You can email a mass amount of clients at one time. I wish you could eliminate service and inventory items instead of just inactivating them. I wish there was a better way to organize service and inventory item, so we can pull sales and revenue figure easier. It is hard to create these reports. I hate that once you have 4 files open on the patient clipboard, it make you close a few before you can continue working. I don't like that you cannot put cost of good on service items (labwork, etc.)

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Richard, thanks for taking the time to share such detailed feedback. We know how much you depend on Cornerstone, and we'd like to help you address some of the areas you cited; you'd mentioned finding the Customer and Technical Support team helpful, and we'd recommend starting there.
Sarah M.
Associate Veterinarian

“Cornerstone”

OverallOverall, my experience is positive. We were able to go paperless with Cornerstone, and I was one of the veterinarians that helped facilitate that. My current practice had paper charts when I started with them, and only used Cornerstone for billing and surgical notes, but I had worked at other practices with computerized medical notes, and understood the benefits.
ProsI like how it was easy to learn to use. I'm not especially computer savvy, but I didn't have a problem learning the essentials I needed for daily use. I especially like the medical notes, and if I remember correctly, our practice was able to customize them. Internal communication within the system with messages that are time-stamped and linked to the medical notes are helpful.
ConsIn the specialized exams (dermatology and ophthalmology specifically), I've had problems with the screen freezing during medical note input, after I try to save any drawings made on the diagrams themselves. I've lost my entire medical note (everything input prior to trying to save the markings on the medical diagrams). We've contacted the company about it, but last I knew, we were unable to correct the problem. I've leaned to work around it by typing in my entire medical note and SAVING it first. Then filling out the medical diagram. When I go to save the diagram, it always freezes the screen, and I have to exit out and do the diagram again, but at least I don't lose my entire medical note prior if I save it all first.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hello Dr. Wise, good to hear you find Cornerstone easy to use and customize! Sorry that you're experiencing that freezing issue. If you haven't already, please call Customer and Technical Support and ask them to remote in to your computer while you perform this task to see if they can isolate the issue. Yay you for spearheading your practice's transition to going paperless. We can't get enough of customer success stories like yours!
Dominic C.
Veterinarian/ Owner
11-50 employees
June 12, 2016

“Cornerstone”

OverallWe bought Cornerstone several years ago, at that time we were a busy 4 doctor practice. Installation was relatively seamless with our antiquated Better Choice system. It does take some getting used to and it is so powerful it has many features, but many ways to accomplish the same thing. You do need to have a solid understanding of windows but I find our staff catches on easily. We are now a busy 8 Veterinarian practice (mixed animal) and we continue to use many of the features Cornerstone has available. Cornerstone also grows with us.
ProsThere are many ways to accomplish the same thing. It is quiet intuitive after you have received the basic training. I have found service support to be timely and effective. It is so versatile I can't imagine it wouldn't be a good fit for any size, growing practice. It integrates very, very well with all of our equipment.
ConsIt is a beast! It can accomplish so many things it can be intimidating at first but with patience and the willingness to call the support team for help and if you take the time to watch the snippets online. It is an awesome program.
Recommendations to other buyersBe patient, spend the extra time and money to have it set up right the first time. Have the computer geek on your staff in on the training so you can customize templates easily. We have a huge staff and once we customized our templates we all enter data and soaps the same so that we can follow each others exams easily.
June 12, 2016
Amy T.
December 14, 2018

“The Good and the Interesting”

OverallCornerstone is definitely more robust than Intravet that we tried first when we went paperless, and the ability to view most all of the client and patient info within one screen is very handy.
ProsCornerstone has the ability to not only keep all of your patient charts, orderly and mostly at your fingerprints on one screen, along with client information and notes. The program also has several add-on features or programs that you can integrate for lab work, wellness plans and there is a new feature coming out in the next update as well.
ConsAll of the Cornerstone features don't seem to "work" all of the time. When there are updates or patches to fix certain aspects of the program it seems to disrupt or "break" other features or items that worked just fine. We will experience glitches within some accounts but not others, the add-ons tend to slow the program down and tech support is not allows that "supportive" or helpful if it is outside items typically on their help menu. There are many shortcuts to the programs use too, the users just aren't made aware of them.

By Idexx Laboratories on January 22, 2019
Hi Amy, thank you for your feedback (both the good and the interesting). Glad to hear that the ability to add apps and services to Cornerstone is a plus for your team!
Jamie H.
June 7, 2017

“Cornerstone keeps improving how we practice.”

ProsCheck-in process has the ability to print any documents needed for the appointment, so staff don't have to find handouts. In the exam rooms we can use the PVL to efficiently bill and write on medical notes during the appointment. The CVT's can then easily print anything needed to send home with the client because of the ease of creating in the client correspondence area. Behind the scenes cornerstone is capturing reminders opportunities that we previous designated so staff do not have to think about it. At check out we transfer from the PVL and add any OTC items to the invoices and check out the client. Love the vaccine tab that now tells us when important annual items were given. With multiple staff working with hospitalized pets the WB gives us information quickly when treatments were and what is come due.
ConsI wish the reports had less clicks to build. Some click seem redundant. Wish we could arrange the check in sheet to what we feel is most important to show up on the 1st page. Patient alerts should NOT be printed on the last page.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Jamie, thank you for your detailed feedback. We're working hard to constantly improve Cornerstone so it can keep pace with an expert team like yours!
June 7, 2017
Erin H.
Hospital Administrator

“Powerful Software”

Pros Cornerstone is packed full of features. There is so much you can do with an cornerstone to help with every aspect of your practices. We have also switched to Pet Health Network Pro and it is nice to see it right within Cornerstone. We also use IDEXX in-house and mail-out labs so having that all connected is great. When we switched to Cornerstone we also switched to being paper-lite. This made the transition easier (or rather ripping two bandaids off at once). Customer service is amazing! If you are having issues doing something they help you right away and are always friendly.
Cons Because there is so much you can do within cornerstone, it is sometimes a struggle to figure out how to do something. In there is always multiple ways of going about doing the same thing. This has led to some issues at first with staff all doing things slightly different. The biggest downfall for me is that you have to close out each day, month, and year. I wish you could just search for a date range or time period instead of having reports based off of closed periods. This makes things difficult if someone forgets to close out a period, or if you have the computer manually close the period and there is a glitch (lets be honest, computers do not always operate the way they should). As a manager if I find a mistake in a deposit, I can't easily change it from the previous day.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Hi Erin, thanks for sharing your feedback on Cornerstone's versatility, the integrations with Pet Health Network Pro and IDEXX Diagnostics, and for the shout-out to Customer and Technical Support (we'll pass that along). Regarding end of period reporting, we understand some users see it as a pain; we look at it as ensuring that cash reporting locks down, which is why corrections to paste periods aren't allowed. Are you on Cornerstone 8.7 NEXT? You might be pleasantly surprised at how it automates end of day and end of month reporting.
Jacquelyn C.
October 26, 2018

“Cornerstone review ”

OverallOverall I have been happy. Have used several PM software and find they all have things that I love and don't love. Cornerstone is no different. Have great customer support service and usually can find the answer to problems quickly.
ProsMultiple templates available for use, fairly easy to use and learn, easy search feature, like that it integrates nicely with lab work and radiographs
ConsCrashes regularly and needs to be restarted. Have been using the software for 5 years and still HATE that you have to use "tab" instead of "enter". Would like a way to delete a medical note once saved in case 2 exams opened for same client etc.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Jacquelyn, thanks for letting us know your team finds Cornerstone easy to use and that the integration with your diagnostics is helpful. About those restarts; we constantly monitor error logs to identify just these types of issues and find ways to address them. If you notice that this occurs at specific times, Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support can assist in determining whether there already is a resolution that can solve it. You also mentioned wanting to be able to delete a medical note. Once you've saved an Enhanced Medical Note it can in fact be voided. If you're still using Classic Medical Notes contact Support about converting over. Sounds like this could solve your problem. Good luck!
October 26, 2018
Destinee B.
Associate Veterinarian

“Tough to navigate”

OverallWe are able to get well formatted reports that we can customize for our practice. Also it has allowed us to better monitor our inventory once it was set up correctly.
Prosi Like the many different capabilities it has with reports and practice management. The inventory control component is stellar and easier to use than other companies software.
ConsDifficult to use and teach. I came from an Avimark clinic and learning how to use Cornerstone had been quite cumbersome. Cornerstone makes it difficult to set alerts about clients and too easy to bypass, where as I could make Avimark do so with ease. Also searching from our inventory to select a product is cumbersome because you have to use a function select button first. Why not allow Cornerstone to be smart enough to start searching for our selections when we input information?

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Thanks for your feedback Destinee. Good to know Cornerstone's versatility helps you with reporting and inventory. Sounds like it's been challenging to teach your colleagues how to use Cornerstone. Please take advantage of the library of free Cornerstone training at the IDEXX Learning Center: the Cornerstone Core Functionality Training alone could be a big help for training new hires and refreshing your team's skills.
Roberto P.
IT Administrator
December 4, 2018

“Very robust software with nice features”

OverallCornerstone is a solid product. It has a few drawbacks but its a pretty good top contender in the Practice Management Software category
ProsI really like Cornerstone. It's our current practice software at the time. We really like the whiteboard and the lab module. We like how easy it is to make and create medical notes. The reference lab and the telemedicine integration are quite good. The ability to add charges from almost every window is a good feature as well. Cornerstone is a pretty good almost complete package for any multi doctor or multiple location practice.
ConsIt could use a face lift. Cornerstone still looks like its a windows 98/XP product. It could definitely benefit from a better User interface. Inventory module could use another look since there is some issues with it. Updates should be a bit more frequent in my opinion

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Roberto, thanks for the compliments about Cornerstone's versatility and ease of use; we really appreciate hearing that from IT professionals. You'll be pleased to know that the next version of Cornerstone is coming in spring of 2019, and it's got a fresh new interface. Please let us know how you like it!
December 14, 2018

“Cornerstone - great integration and features ”

OverallCornerstone brings many advantages to our practice. It enhances our client communication, and integrates seamlessly with Idexx labs. All of our team members are able to easily learn how to use the cornerstone system. It simplifies inventory management and makes electronic record keeping a breeze. However, when issues arise with the cornerstone system it can be time consuming to address the issues.
ProsI like that cornerstone is used-friendly and has many great features such as the boarding module, integration with Idexx, correspondence features and ability to automatically update prices when cost of inventory changes.
ConsWe often run into glitches that affect various aspects of the Cornerstone system from time to time. When we call customer support, we often have to be transferred between multiple people. However, even though we have a case number we have to explain the situation from the beginning to each new person we walk to. Also, updates are very time consuming.

By Idexx Laboratories on January 22, 2019
Thank you for the detailed feedback. Good to hear that you're finding Cornerstone easy to use and that integration and client communication are pluses for your team.
Kay W.

“Cornerstone Practice Management”

OverallI love working in Cornerstone.
ProsVery user friendly. Very flexible, no matter what you need to do, there is usually a way to do it in Cornerstone. If you can't find it, just call. Very fast response and issue resolved with one call.
ConsWas used to using Better Choice before we got Cornerstone. Wish CS would pop up a message that client record was in use on another screen without appearing to be open. Too many employees disregard the message and because it looks like record is open, they try to add to it which causes problems. Have found a way to deal with this, but wish CS did not even allow it to happen. That was how it was with Better Choice.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Kay, glad to hear that you love working in Cornerstone (it's quite fond of you too). We put a lot of work into making it flexible and easy to use, and it means a lot to know that's helping the team at Kilgore. Please share your suggestion regarding the message about the client record being in use by another user the next time you call in to Customer and Technical Support. We review every piece of user feedback, and put dozens of user-requested features into every new release.
Chris V.

“Gold Standard”

OverallWe have been so impressed with Cornerstone Practice Management that we have been part of their beta test group for the last 2 years. Unlike most software upgrades, Cornerstone upgrades actually make our jobs easier. As I posted earlier, the ease and intuitive nature of the software gives me and our staff more time to do different things, whether better care for our patients and clients or simply a time for staff to take a break from their day because they are not immersed in a software that doesn't work for them.
ProsWhat we like about Cornerstone the most is the ease and intuitive nature of the software. This cuts down on training time and allows staff to fully use Cornerstone regardless of what task they are performing, from inventory management, incorporating pictures and reports into client files to something as easy as scheduling an appointment.
ConsThere was an issue with a cosmetic screen color change a while back......

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
HI Chris, thanks for letting us know you and your team find Cornerstone easy to use and intuitive. Feedback like yours--including as a beta participant--is critical to making sure Cornerstone grows with your team.
Jessica d.
RVT
May 8, 2018

“I have been using cornerstone for 3 years now and it is so easy to navigate and very easy to use”

OverallThe biggest benefit we get from this software is the ability to grow our practice and improve our inventory usage
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it is a very step by step system. If I have any questions about an icon that I am using, I just simply hit F1 and there are tutorial and other helpful information that is linked to the user manual for Cornerstone. I also appreciate the fact that other systems such as petdesk are able to communicate with one another. I have had the chance to train other staff members on Cornerstone and even teaching a new employee is easy. Managing inventory is something new our practice has included into our daily routine and now that is easy to do.
ConsWhat I like least about cornerstone is that the inventory is at times difficult to navigate. On the flip side if I have an issue Cornerstone support is always so helpful.

By Idexx Laboratories on May 17, 2018
Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your feedback, including the points about inventory. So glad to hear that Cornerstone is helping your practice grow!
May 8, 2018
Brian C.
11-50 employees
August 5, 2016

“Longtime Cornerstone User”

OverallI have been using Cornerstone software for over 15 years in multiple practices. It is hands down one of the best veterinary practice information management systems on the market today. If you're looking for a software to help you take control of your practice and maximize your potential, Cornerstone will help get you there.
ProsCornerstone has features that impact all areas of practice. From integrated laboratory reporting and electronic medical records, to appointment scheduling and invoicing; Cornerstone covers everything in your practice and is designed to keep you focused and efficient in your work. Customer service is thorough and attentive and will eagerly help walk you through how to do something.
ConsVisual aspects can feel a bit dated. Reporting outputs could be improved some to give greater flexibility of information.
Recommendations to other buyersIn all, Cornerstone is a powerful tool, capable of much more than most realize and taking the time to learn is a necessary investment. Pay particular attention to hardware and network requirements for running most recent versions of Cornerstone to allow for the best user experience.
August 5, 2016
Michaela M.
December 26, 2018

“Easy to learn, easy to use”

OverallOverall we love the software and how easy it is to use!
ProsI like that you can do most things several different ways, allowing for different type of people (who learn differently) to all find a way to get the same results but doing it in a way that makes most sense to them. I love that several other programs integrate with cornerstone to make our jobs easier. I love how easy it is for new staff members to quickly catch on.
ConsI wish there were more ways to use the software with boarding, we have a large boarding facility and it still seems a little clunky and not as user friendly on the boarding and Doggie Day Camp side. I would like to see more done on that end, the ability to integrate a pre-schedule program for camp or send boarding confirmation emails like a hotel does for reservations.

By Idexx Laboratories on January 22, 2019
Thanks for the feedback Michaela, and for your suggestion about the boarding improvements. Great to hear that the ability to integrate other apps and services is making your jobs easier!
December 26, 2018
Beth C.
August 1, 2018

“Our clinic has been a Cornerstone user for over 10 years. I find it very user friendly.”

OverallReduced missed charges, more efficient-in every aspect from kennel to doctor to CSR, all the information we need is right in one place
ProsI find myself saying it is idiot proof. My clinic is paper light, we use the whiteboard a lot- it has helped keep staff on task & has helped reduce the amount of missed charges greatly. We love the vet connect, as well. Everything is right in one place & we don't have papers & charts everywhere!
ConsIt is not as fast as I always want it to be, I don't have the patience to wait for the computer when I have things to do. I would like for a client email to print on their invoice. I would like to remove the option to pick a completed time when performing a task on the whiteboard.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Beth, thanks for your detailed feedback on Cornerstone. Glad to hear how Cornerstone's diagnostic integration is helping your team eradicate paper and lost charges! Please know we're continuously working on making Cornerstone open and run faster because who has time to wait, right?
August 1, 2018
Cindy H.
November 13, 2018

“Ease of use”

Proscolor coding appts., reports that can for generated, time clock feature, email capabilities within CS, client clip board, vet connect integration
Consnot inventory friendly, not easy to set up and attach documents too many steps, need boarding module updates, seems like it takes too many "clicks" to get jobs done, would like a user friendly physical exam document with drop down options to add in our own diagnosis (like the physical exam which is no longer being supported).

By Idexx Laboratories on January 23, 2019
Hi Cindy, really appreciate your review and your feedback about what could easier. Regarding inventory, be sure to check out the resources we have on the IDEXX Learning Center: https://www.idexxlearningcenter.com/course/index.php?categoryid=60. Sorry to hear that you feel the attachment process is difficult. Did you know that before the document is finalized you can right click on it and attach files without opening the entire document? We hope this will save you some steps
November 13, 2018
August 21, 2018

“SO MANY WAYS TO GET TO WALMART!”

ProsCornerstone offers so many ways to get the same end result. This is a blessing and a curse (with training new staff).
ConsThe time clock lacks all the functions we need today. No way to track PTO accruals and uses. Also the reports are not set up to be able to run the most needed reports - top inventory items in particular.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Thanks for the feedback about Cornerstone. We hear you on training staff on the best way to find information. We've got improvements coming in 2019 that will make finding key client and patient info faster and easier. Three suggestions for you in the meantime: 1) point new staff to the Cornerstone Core Functionality training on the IDEXX Learning Center, 2) recommend they use the handy F1 help feature, and 3) have them go to one of our live, local Cornerstone User Group sessions. There's no charge to attend! You can find an up-to-date listing of those at idexx.com/csusergroup. Thanks also for your suggestions about PTO accrual and reporting!
August 21, 2018
MaryBeth S.
October 5, 2017

“This is a computer system that can do it all. Medical record management, patient care, integration!”

ProsI love the fact that the software is easy to use and easy to train. It is fully integrated with their lab and digital radiography so that all medical records are complete. It's more reliable and exact than an employee. It's so intuitive that the error is taken out of human error! Cornerstone can give me the information I need to manage a business. There are hundreds of reports that can be generated for anything I might need, from financial to marketing, to medical information! Every update is made with the user in mind. They are constantly improving to keep us legal, help our patients and improve our bottom line.
ConsWhat I like least is probably what makes it the best. You can get to the same place a dozen different ways. It can be confusing at times. But once trained, it's simple to navigate.

Hi MaryBeth, thank you!
October 5, 2017
Tracy K.
Hospital Administrator
May 14, 2019

“Best veterinary software!”

OverallI came from an Avimark clinic....I choose Cornerstone hands down!
ProsI have used two other platforms and Cornerstone is by far the best as far as easy to learn and that it covers the majority of the things we are looking for.
ConsEach time we do an update, there are always glitches for the next week. It would be nice if there were an easier way to keep personal notes regarding the clients that did not print out in history when we transfer records.

By Idexx Laboratories on June 20, 2019
Hi Tracy, thank you so much for your feedback! Glad to hear you find Cornerstone so easy to use and that it has the versatility to handle what you're looking for. You mentioned wishing there were an easier way to keep notes about clients that won't print out with the history. Have you tried using the Notes section (Prompts/Notes Tab) in the Client Information window? These won't print with the patient history or client information. Let us know if this helps!
May 14, 2019

“Versatile”

ProsThis software has been a vital part of our practice for many years. it is versatile and medical record templates can be customized to your preferences. Our laboratory results integrate directly with the medical record and are available from remote locations through the internet (VetconnectPlus). There are additional features that we hope to integrate soon such as signature capture to further streamline our "paper lite" practice. Support is fantastic and readily available from Idexx.
ConsRarely, a feature we love gets lost in an upgrade and starts to glitch.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, great to hear that Cornerstone's versatility and integrations are helping you and your team! We've had a lot of practices share their success stories in going paperlite or less, and we encourage you stick with it and complete the journey. Please keep us posted!
Karen A.
October 31, 2018

“Cornerstone Practice Management Review ”

ProsCornerstone Software by Idexx is very user friendly. It's easy to learn quickly and can do a lot of automated things if you are fully integrated with Idexx labs - in and out. Electronic medical record keeping is easy as well and you can set it up so that the notes are automatically finalized.
ConsInventory module is useless pretty much - no matter how clean you try to keep it, it just doesn't work the way it should updating quantities on hand.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Karen, glad to hear you¿re getting so much value from Cornerstone's diagnostic integrations, and that you are taking full advantage of so many of the efficiencies it has to offer. Sorry to hear about your experience with the inventory module. We are working on improving it with every release, so make sure you're on the most current version of Cornerstone.
October 31, 2018

“Cornerstone Review”

OverallI've worked with several different programs as a relief veterinarian, and though there are still things about the software that I may not understand or utilize properly, it's the one I seem able to use the most features / easy to learn and use.
ProsDifferent boards that keep me organized on phone calls / meds to fill / exam notes to finish writing!
ConsToo many different areas to record information, example - some staff will use the callback text versus quick text options and they show up in different areas when searching / text vs exam

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to let us know that Cornerstone is helping you stay organized. We've got great resources available that can help your team standardize how they use the software. F1 help is always a good place to start, followed by the IDEXX Learning Center.
Kerry B.

“Review on Cornerstone”

ProsI like that it is robust and offers many different reporting features. I also like that it has started integrating with outside vendors such as Vitus Vet, Pet Desk pharmacy distributors, our online store, etc.
ConsI have had a problem with the communication between Patterson and Cornerstone after the last upgrade and will need to perform another upgrade in order to get it corrected. That takes a lot of time and the last upgrade required additional support that could not be done outside of office hours so it left us without a computer system for a morning.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Kerry, thanks for the feedback on Cornerstone's versatility. Fun fact: it integrates with more products and services than any other software. Glad to hear that's helping you and your team.
Chris H.
August 28, 2017

“Excellent, great support, easy to use after initial setup and staff training.”

OverallSupport from Idexx when I need it (and I need help often!).
ProsThe support Cornerstone offers has kept us as customers for all these years. They are easy to reach over the phone and has always been able to answer my questions (I have had a lot during the inventory setup and EMR transition), or get me to someone who can get them answered!
ConsI would like the interface to be more touch screen friendly. We just upgraded the hospital to 8.6 (free upgrade) and it's a big step in the right direction. E-Mailing records, invoices, etc. is much better, however I would like the see the software become more touch screen friendly.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Chris, great to hear how Cornerstone's ease of use and our Customer and Technical Support team are helping you and your staff!
August 28, 2017
Rachel A.
Emergency veterinarian
Veterinary, 501-1000 employees
December 8, 2018

“Cornerstone: the better veterinarian software”

ProsI have used multiple veterinarian softwares in the past and found Cornerstone to be my favorite. It is very user friendly and can be learned in a relatively fast manner.
ConsThe software (imaging and technicality) seem dated. The software can do more than you anticipate being able to be but is not as intuitive as you would anticipate. Although the software is very easy to learn. To use it to its maximum there are mundane steps that need to be performed to get it to do a simple task.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Rachel, you'll be pleased to know that your favorite practice management software will be sporting a fresh new look in the spring of 2019. It's more intuitive and helps users access critical information faster. Please let us know how you like it!
December 8, 2018
Mark P.
Veterinarian/Practice Owner
January 15, 2019

“There are no good options”

OverallCommunicating with clients is next to impossible. The physical exam form/function has been abandoned by Cornerstone. There simply is no physical exam form/function in the "practice management" software. There are "Breed Information sheets" available for clients but no useful forms to run the hospital. Those I am expected to generate myself -which I have tried doing and dedicate several hours every Monday to this task. With multiple calls to Cornerstone Help to design these templates for Physical exam, Surgery forms, Inpatient/Hospitalized patient SOAPS, etc, I have successfully created zero documents. I spent my entire NAVC conference a few years ago focusing on Idexx software/paperless practice sessions, I have solicited Idexx's (Carla, I believe is the "paperless/paper lite" person) help at TNAVC (now VMX) every other year when I attend; 4 years in, after upgrading our computer system, converting everything over to Idexx Labs to facilitate integration with PM software, attending multiple Cornerstone User workshops etc, I am more convinced than ever that Cornerstone Cannot be used PROPERLY in a paperless practice. I have visited several "paperless" practices in the area, and it can be done only if I simply give all patients the same cut-and-paste physical exam notes. Paperless? Yes. Accurate and efficient? Hardly. There is simply no place in the "record" where I can simply look back and see what went on with the last exam(s). Very disappointed on many fronts
ProsFamiliarity - have been using Cornerstone since 2000 (Y2K scare regarding the old PSI system). Used PSI for 6 years prior to that
ConsIt is not designed for paperless practice. There are no easy ways to perform simple tasks. Every routine task (physical exam, writing/sending a prescription, you know those odd things that medical practices seldom have need to do) requires a "work around" which only a few select people on the Cornerstone help line can figure. Most calls are met with, "well that just can't be done with this system" or "no-one has asked that before, I will refer it to our developers and maybe it can be included on the next update".

By Idexx Laboratories on January 23, 2019
Hi Mark, really sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for the detailed feedback. We've had a lot of practices use Cornerstone to go paperless and we'd like you to be successful there too. Just after you wrote this review you had a live training session with a Cornerstone Field Service Representative. Sounds like that went well, hope a solution is in the works!
January 15, 2019
Alexandra M.

“All encompassing software”

ProsEasy to make new or modify old document templates. It's all encompassing between schedule, Idexx, vetsfirstchoice, radiographs, and the meds/documents
ConsSometimes freezes/malfunctions and closes out without being able to save what you're currently working on

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Alexandra, thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that Cornerstone's versatility is so helpful for you and your team. We also appreciate you letting us know about that performance issue; we constantly monitor error logs error logs to identify just these types of issues and find ways to address them. If you notice that this occurs at specific times, Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support can assist in determining whether there already is a resolution that can solve it. Please let us know!
Gail B.
October 19, 2018

“Cornerstone vs. DVM Manager”

OverallI really miss my old detailed reports. What used to take just couple of clicks has now turned into a long process to get the same information. The amount of time saved during close out is completely lost at the end of the month with printing individual invoices for collection accounts and my monthly in house use invoices. It's really strange that this report isn't one that would be an option for reports.
ProsClosing out can be done while the program is being used and reports printed at any time. Our previous program would not allow any input of information during the close out procedures which limits the close out times to after hours or keeping everyone off the program while it was closing. Reports had to be printed at that time and you could only print them once which was also difficult if there was a problem with the printer. Cornerstone allows us to check in on reports throughout the day without closing out as well.
ConsPrinting out a detailed (itemized) monthly report of all items used in house is time consuming and tedious. We can get a list of all the invoices for the month but not a detailed one. Each individual invoice is then printed to gain this information. This results in multiple pages each with a few items on each. Our previous program you only had to select the account, reports, transactions and it would print an itemized report with all charges to the account. When asked the reps that taught us the program as well as calling the company on the phone, this was the only way to find out all the itemized charges on any account. This also makes closing out an account for collection difficult as each individual invoice needs to be printed out to itemize the account. Very long and tedious as well as a huge amount of paper used to get what used to be one simple report.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Gail, thanks for the analysis of Cornerstone vs DVM Manager, nice to see how we stack up. We hear you on the value of a detailed report on monthly items, and there actually is one called the Treatment Report. It's under Equine but can be used for other patients. This would let you run the report by client ID and would give you all invoices and details. Hope this saves you some time!
Emily S.
Equine Pet First Aid/CPR Instructor
September 26, 2018

“Comprehensive Software”

ProsI do like all of the functions available using cornerstone. Semi user friendly. Petly integration is cool.
ConsThere are too many different ways to accomplish the same thing which makes training a nightmare. I would like to see a better boarding module.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
HI Emily, glad to hear that Cornerstone's versatility is helping your team, and we're so pleased you're liking the Petly Plans integration. The Cornerstone Core Functionality Training is a good way to provide your team with clear, consistent work flows for key tasks. It's free, and you can find it on the IDEXX Learning Center. Improving the boarding module is definitely on our radar, and if you have specific ideas on how it could better please share those the next time you call Customer and Technical Support. Thanks!
September 26, 2018
Jim J.
October 19, 2016

“Great vision, substandard implementation”

OverallI have been using Cornerstone for about 10 years now. It is a very powerful program but is a daily source of frustration for us. The program has a checkered history- it started life as a diet calculator, but then features were bolted on over the years until it is now a full-blown practice management system with support for digital radiography, inventory management, medical notes, the works. Unfortunately this haphazard development history shows: the program is inconsistent in operation from one screen to the next, and many parts of the program don't work well with one another. Also, and perhaps most frustratingly, bugs do not get fixed: updates contain new features and new bugs, but old bugs are rarely fixed. Here's an example: there is a rounding error in the quantity on hand calculation that occasionally makes it impossible for certain inventory quantities to go to zero. Even entering zero manually does not set the quantity to zero. Unfortunately it is impossible to move an item to a new location if the QOH is not zero - a step necessitated by a design error in the program that I won't go into - so one has to contact customer support, have them remotely connect to the server, and edit the data using database tools. This needs to be done every few months. Some features are extremely hard to use - for example, simply selecting a lot number for a vaccine requires 3 windows, 7 clicks, and one double-click on a non-obvious location. It is so tedious that we had to disable expiration date tracking for everything except vaccines. There are at least 3 different ways to enter dates in different parts of the program. Error messages appear at random and are not helpful. User errors made cannot be corrected (!) - for example, if we enter the wrong provider on an invoice, the entire invoice needs to be voided and recreated - it cannot be changed, even by a supervisor with special clearance. Etc. I could go on for hours.
ProsGreat vision and a huge feature set
ConsCrash-prone, hard to use, inconsistent
October 19, 2016
alice m.
practice manager
January 2, 2019

“cstone”

OverallGREAT.
ProsConstantly upgrading based on client review and need. Excellent client service by phone, in house and at conferences. All phone calls taken care of IMMEDIATELY for support both software and hardware in most cases.
ConsTraining new staff as it does have so much to train on to get the most usage. Platform for software does not play well with other programs on network and requires really good set up by IT on both ends to get them working well together.

By Idexx Laboratories on January 22, 2019
Hi Alice, glad to hear that you and your team like the frequent improvements, and that the Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support is right there with you when you need help. Thank you for the feedback!
January 2, 2019
Tracy O.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Easy Scheduling”

ProsThe scheduling is very easy and the schedule is easy to read.
ConsBecause you have to click on individual daily records to read previous reports, it can be time consuming to check a full history. Also, either our computer master server is not appropriate for this software or it there is a software issue because our computers sometimes take 30-60s to open or save a record.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Hi Tracy, thanks for your feedback on Cornerstone, glad scheduling is so easy. The improvements coming in Cornerstone 9.1 should help you retrieve patient and client information more quickly, but you might also consider contacting Cornerstone Customer and Technical Support for a hardware review to rule out any issues there.
Jennifer S.
March 23, 2018

“Powerful veterinary management software”

ProsCornerstone allows the user to generate a lot of different reports. There are also custom reports, so if you want to learn about your practice, there is a report for it. Each time I take a CS coarse I learn about a new feature. They updates are packed with great improvements, I am excited for each new release.
ConsThe way Cornerstone tracks multiple inventory items used for a single procedure is a little cumbersome.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Jennifer, thanks for your feedback on Cornerstone's versatile reporting, great to hear that's helping you and your team. Ditto for the upgrades and training sessions--it's been a pleasure to meet you at those!
March 23, 2018
Katy J.
October 11, 2017

“Comprehensive Software”

ProsSecure, Reliable, Excellent Support, Customizable, once you understand what you can do, there is SO much you can do you practically forget and the rediscover and go back and do more. The more you figure out, the better you can run your office.
ConsDifficult to fix errors, Expensive Customer Support, Difficult to organize searches the way I want, Must read/ask for help to achieve goals, ie- I want to do X with this software - LOTS of time invested in figuring it out, then doing it, worth it but not intuitive at all.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Katy, thanks for your feedback, good to know where we're hitting the mark and where there's room for improvement.
October 11, 2017
December 12, 2018

“Tough transition ”

OverallWe transitioned from a very old but simple program to this. The learning curve was huge, but one all staff embraced it the program really works well for our practice
ProsI enjoy that the records, lab results and pictures can all be placed into the same easy to find file.
ConsThere are a few redundant steps when creating and typing records but the good definitely outweighs this

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Thanks for your feedback, mystery Cornerstone fan! We recognize that the transition to Cornerstone can come with a learning curve, which is why we put so much energy into working in person with practices like yours to help you get up and running. Glad to hear that your team has embraced Cornerstone!
December 12, 2018
Robert M.

“Awesome software.”

ProsCornerstone offers a comprehensive software program to manage everything from scheduling to inventory management to daily white board to readily accessible diagnostic test results. And the customer service is second to none.
ConsWe do use the boarding module which seems cumbersome but functional.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hello Robert, thanks for your feedback about Cornerstone's versatility and Customer and Technical Support (we think they're pretty awesome too). Making the boarding module easier to use is definitely on our radar. If you've got specific suggestions on ways you think it could be improved, please share those the next time you call support.
Tracy R.
Veterinary Assistant
March 12, 2018

“I use Cornerstone on a daily basis and really like its overall functionality and ease of use.”

ProsFunctionality and ease of use are the top two pros for this software. The reports are great and the items that are configurable for our clinic really help customize the software for our use. Cornerstone is easy to use and intuitive. Having many ways to use the software is very helpful.
ConsOverall Cornerstone has very good functionality. I would like a few wish list / self configurable items added as would be the case with any software.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Tracy, thanks for the shoutout for Cornerstone's versatility and ease of use! If you've got specific suggestions for ways it could be improved, please share them the next time you talk to Customer and Technical Support. We review every enhancement request, and release dozens of user-requested features in every Cornerstone upgrade.
Jean G.
March 12, 2018

“Cornerstone can do A LOT! Customer service is great, classes are fabulous”

ProsCan do a lot, great reports, love whiteboard. Can control inventory, appointments, hospital and so much more from one system. Help hints and video clips are great for quick review or teaching. Customer support is awesome.
ConsIs not the most user friendly and can be cumbersome to teach to new employees. Would love for it to be cloud based so doctors could chart from home.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Jean, thanks for letting us know that Cornerstone's versatility, classes and customer support are helping your team. For teaching new employees we highly recommend the Cornerstone Core Functionality Training on the IDEXX Learning Center.
Nicole G.
HR Manager
August 5, 2019

“Easy to use Veterinary Software”

ProsThe software is easy to use. I have had good experiences with customer service when I have experienced problems or needed to learn how to do something.
ConsI know that we aren't using the software to its full capability. It would be nice to have more hands-on training.

By Idexx Laboratories on August 12, 2019
Hi Nicole, glad to hear that Cornerstone is easy to use and that our Customer and Technical Support team has been so helpful (we will share that with them). We definitely want to help you do more with Cornerstone, so we will have your dedicated trainer reach out to discuss your needs. Thanks for reaching out!
August 5, 2019

“Cornerstone Feedback ”

OverallWe are solving issues in communication between clients and staff.
ProsI really like how well everything integrates between other servers and allows a flow of information to be so smooth.
ConsSome features are not user mistake friendly, it is often difficult to correct redo problems as they arrive.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hello reviewer: your identity is may be a mystery but we know and appreciate a Cornerstone fan when we see one. We put tons of work into Cornerstone's superior integration, and it makes our day to hear how that's helping your team. Ditto for how it's improving communication between your clients and staff. Thanks for the feedback!
Tama C.
Dr.
December 21, 2018

“Cornrrstone”

Overall Not applicable
ProsI like the diagnosis feature, Unfortunately most clinics do not utilize this feature. The program is generally easy to use requires program specific knowledge and keystrokes which detract from it. I am still looking for a program that allows me, the practitioner, to see the full history without having to click each visit to review the doctors notes.
Cons The fact that you can't use enter is highly obnoxious. You would think that this would be a minor factor but really it's a pain in the ass that detracts from the whole program. There are many keystroke combinations that have to be used for the software, making the whole package less than intuitive. Again, it's really important for the practitioner to be able to quickly review previous diagnoses, and especially to easily accessible and see in one streaming document, the previous doctors notes. These few changes would make it a leader in software for veterinary practices

By Idexx Laboratories on January 22, 2019
Hi Dr. Cathers, thank you for the detailed feedback! We hear you loud and clear about the ability to quickly access patient history, and it's an ongoing focus for us. We are releasing Cornerstone 9.1 this spring, and the ability to surface patient info more quickly is just one of the improvements you can look forward to.
December 21, 2018
Chris J.
Emergency Veterinarian

“Ease of use”

OverallIt has been overall very good in making my record keeping much more effective.
ProsI like how you are able to populate prompts for daily assessments/SOAPs, radiologist consultations, ultrasound findings, labwork, etc. when generating referral letters.
ConsThe inability to search for cases retrospectively with ease by what they received (albumin transfusion, etc.). It is able to be done but takes some work.

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Chris, great to hear that the ability to customize Cornerstone is so helpful for you and your team. Thanks for your feedback!
Dan G.
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Cornerstone”

ProsIntegration with IDEXX labs and digital radiology
ConsVery slow to change useless when you want a change made do not consider user input

By Idexx Laboratories on February 10, 2019
Hi Dan, thanks for letting us know Cornerstone's diagnostic integrations are helping you and your team. We need feedback like yours to ensure Cornerstone keeps growing by adding new features and integrations like the ones you mentioned. That's why we review every enhancement request that users submit--and deliver scores of user-requested features with every release. The new interface coming in spring 2019 is a great example of that. Please let us know what you think of it!
Molly W.
DVM
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
November 6, 2018

“Easy to use and helpful”

OverallVery easy to record and view records and results. Works great with Idexx to view bloodwork, etc. Overall quite user friendly
ProsThis software is quite easy to use. Numerous ways to get around and view or input the results.
ConsLots of options and hard to remember all the shortcuts to get each option done

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Hi Molly, thanks for your review! F1 Help is always there to give you reminders on options and shortcuts when you're in Cornerstone. And check out the Cornerstone Core Functionality Training on the IDEXX Learning Center. It's a great way to refresh your skills and train new staff!
Sara N.
Associate veterinarian
November 6, 2018

“Cornerstone Practice Management Review ”

OverallEasy to schedule patients and access their information
ProsThe fact that it interfaces with Idexx and lab results and X-rays are automatically put in the patients records
ConsDifficult to sort for lists of pets with the same diagnosis

By Idexx Laboratories on February 6, 2019
Hi Sara, good to know that Cornerstone's diagnostic integration is helping you and your team. You mention difficulty sorting lists for pets with the same diagnosis: there is a Patient Diagnosis Report that would allow you to sort Cornerstone by diagnosis. If that¿s not what you¿re looking for, we¿d like to hear more about what you need and how it would benefit your practice.